Old 10-31-2004, 07:14 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives (Formerly SAHM's) #282 ~SUNDAY~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight .
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 07:26 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Morning Ladies

Happy Halloween to all of you or an extended HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!!!

How is everyone today and how was your night and day?

Well, thankfully I had a slow day. Did a few things around here and sat around with the kids, stayed outside a bit and then had to run to town. Had our little party thing last night and another one tonight. It was fun I suppose. The other kids are so rowdy and hiper and disrespectful and my three kids were so quiet and did what they were told and I tell you I'm so glad. They had fun though. Played a few games, roasted marshmallows and hot dogs. Had some candy and a hay ride. That was fun. 1/2 way through I had to sit up front with dh and Andrew and Ally joined us, I got alittle uncomfortable back there. But the kids enjoyed it.
Tonight is going to be calmer and slower except most of the kids besides mine won't speak english. My mil is married to a mexican man and all they're friends don't speak english. Some of the kids do but not many. But we'll have fun anyways I'm sure.

Okay for the house, plumbing is done. We've got the whole thing covered because it's suppose to rain like crazy although I'm not sure it's going to rain as much as they said it would. Depending on how much rain we do get it will be ready for slab by Wednesday. I'll keep you informed.

Okay,
Welcome back Penny. Get some rest and then share.

Spryng, glad you went grocery shopping, I always feel better when that task is done.

Steph, you sound like one busy mama on the weekends too.

Michelle, are you feeling better today?

Cindi, when is the interview and what would you be doing? Good luck.

Jill, glad you had some time to drop in. And WTG for Bayley, that's so much fun, but watch out now mama there's no stopping her now.

Hi to Mel, Geri, Deana, Chris, Angel, Jaymi, Roxy and all you other sahm's.

Hope you all have a good day. As far as I know, I'm staying home until this evening when we go to mil's house. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 12:10 PM   #3  

Happy Halloween

Crystal, Hello! Glad you had a nice time with the kids and dh yesterday. I would have been sick if I did a hay ride preggo....lol or not so lol...

Cindi and Deanna, I think you both said you lost some weight!!!!!!! WTG

Penny, Welcome back girlie. We missed ya!

Sorry, I can't remember all from yesterday. I was reading along as time allowed yesterday, but my mind is blank.

I just want to report I am now a size 16. Yeah!!!!!!!!!! I went and bought myself a new pair of jeans in a size 16 and didn't try them on. I took them home and then put them on this morning and low and behold they fit perfect. I was so thrilled. I feel so much thinner today. My size 18's were getting so big, they made me look fatter. the stomach would just hang on them and then it looked terrible. So, today is a happy day!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 02:27 PM   #4  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Ok Ok I'll post!! LOL Since no one else is!! Well except Crystal and Mel but that's a lot less than usual even if it's a Sunday!! Everyone must be dealing with excited kids. I had to call the doc for Bayley today, she is acting fine but really congested and I needed a reccomendation for some good meds since the stuff I got her wasn't working so well. We got a humidifier at the nurses's reccomendation so we'll see if that helps. Seems to be so far since she is napping and not coughing at all. This is really the first time she has been sick. She has had a runny nose before but not this bad. I guess this is what being a mom is all about right?LOL Anyway I'm still lazing about in my P.J.'s. I got started on putting the laundry away and will return to it after this. Need to vaccum but will only do the living room since I can't do the back of the house till Bayley is up. Need to also put away clean dishes and put the dirty ones in, sweep the floor in the kitchen and bathroom and clean around the sink. Then I will be done! I want to be done before we have to start getting ready for trick or treating. Well we are only going to hit my mom and dad's house and then hang out with our friends that live next to my parents. We will take the kids to a couple more houses and that will be good. Don't need Bayley getting sicker. Basically it's just a photo op tonight! LOL Just want to get a pic of her in that cute costume of Syd's and her friend Hunter in his frog costume. Should be pretty sweet. So that's my day in a nutshell. What do you all have going on?

Crystal sounds like you had a good night last night. I feel the same way about other people's kids sometimes. Some of my friends have really well bahaved kids and some do not. What really stinks is that most of my nieces are out of control sometimes and I haven't quite figured out if it is just their personality, age or if the parents just aren't doing what they should be doing. I wish I had enough time to type out the scene at my in-laws last weekend with my 3 year old niece but it would be a novel. Just know I feel your pain. Have fun tonight!! Oh and did the kids' costumes fit from last year?

Mel that is so great about being a size 16!! YAY!! I will be sending you my 12's in no time!! Doesn't that feel great! See you cant count on the scale too much when you are working out so much. I'm sure it will have to start dropping soon though. How is your eating going? Good I hope. I see that you are trying to start a meeting group for your area. Good for you!! Let us know how it turns out!

Ok ladies I am procrastinating. I need to get to this house before baby wakes up and ruins it for me. Anyway I hope more of you post so we know whats up! For those of you dressing up please take pics and post ASAP!!! I want to see them. I love kids in costume!! SO CUTE! OK TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 02:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/202.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies ahh done working for another 4 days

gotta clean up the house....whenever I work....dh or not so DH, leaves the house a mess......I often wonder if he is physically unable to put a dish in the dishwasher or what??

Anyway...will be back for personals later tonight if I can get the kids to bed!!

Happy Halloween!!!!!
kandie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 04:11 PM   #6  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey ladies...
Holy cow! It is quiet on here today. I have a little down time since my DH took kayla to the hardware store with him to get some stuff for shelving. I'm taking a break from cleaning. Weight loss and cleaning seems to be all my life revolves around lately.

I won't be able to get my kids' pics on here right away after Halloween. My digital bit the dust after DH dropped it. It happened a few too many times. We did buy are real nice one last night but I haven't been able to sit down and read the booklet on it and haven't installed the software yet. So I'll just have to take them with my regular camera and scan em later.

Crystal-Sound like your house is coming along fairly fast. Bet your just dying to get into it. That is sooooo great!

Jill-My gosh girl! Sick little Bayley and house cleaning to do. You must be one busy mama. Sounds like here, with the exception of congested children. I'm crossing my fingers that we won't get sick for awhile. It's been a little over 3 weeks now since Nicole has been sick.

Mel, way to go! I'm waiting for the day I can get in a pair of 16s. My 18s are getting looser so it's not too far off. I'm just too impatient. Isn't that the best feeling, when you can get into a smaller size.

Hi to the rest of you. I'll get more personal maybe tomorrow after work. I get to relax at the old job, surrounded by candy. Hummm....(No Michelle, I won't eat any )

Happy Halloween

Chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 04:45 PM   #7  
Jeniqua

Hello ladies!! I soo miss not chatting with you gals!! It has been so hetic around here this weekend. Last night I took the kids to a Harvesty party the church had at a barn. It was soo much fun and the kids had a blast. They had square dancing, played musical chairs, a scavanger hunt and a hay ride. We didn't get in til 10:30 last night. This morning we got up for church and then after church we went grocery shopping. You ladies will be soo proud of me..I didn't buy one ounce of junk food!! For snack for the kids I brought fruit snacks, graham crackers, fruit cups and fruits!! I am determined to lose this weight!!

Mel~ I am soo happy for you!! You're doing great!! Keep up the great work. Before you know it you'll be at your goal weight.

I have to go make dinner but I'll be back on to finish poasting...hubby's hungry..lol!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 08:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

My family

Teagan

Taylor

Teagan and Taylor

Me

My niece Zoe

My nephew Lucky

My sister marie the disco queen

Jill so sorry that Bayley is sick Teagan is sick too I'm going to take her to the doc tomorrow. Poor things

Well I'm gonna go finish getting the house ready for guests. I'll TTYL!!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 08:13 PM   #9  
Jeniqua

Michelle, I love your pics! You have a very beautiful family!! I love your outfit too!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 08:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

I'm going to attempt to post a pic of my kids. Let's see if it works
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 08:24 PM   #11  

Well since it seems as if I got the hang of it, here is a pic of me at a weight I was happy with.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:30 PM   #12  

And here's a pic of me and my hubby
Old 10-31-2004, 08:46 PM   #13  
2BoysMom

Hi all,

Another quick hello from me. Just catching up before Desparate Housewives comes on.

Went to see the Expedition this morning. I'm going to go test drive it tomorrow some time. I'm soooo excited but a little sad about trading in the Explorer...it was our first major purchase together. Now that we have a growing family though, I have no choice.

Took the boys trick or treating today. I'll download the pics sometime soon. Will was a fire fighter and Tony was batman. Tony got ahold of a sucker and then lost interest. He just wanted to eat...so dh took him home. Will got the crap scared out of him from one of the guys in the neighborhood...(it was funny to scare the older kids and adults, but I don't think he needed to scare a 3 yo!). Anyway, kids are limited to 2 pieces of candy a day after dinner. THey don't need to eat it all in one night. We didn't have many kids again this year..funny, always seems to be tons of them running the neighborhood. Next year I'm buying much less candy.

Beautiful pics Michelle and Bobsgal (sorry, don't remember your real name...). Michelle...Tay makes a gorgeos princess...hey, your hair looks darker...I like it. Where is my party invite girlfriend???? For you, I may have worn a costume.

Mel, congrats on the 16's...I'll get there someday! I'm in 18's now.

OK ladies...hi to all! Welcome back Penny!

Gotta run.

TTYL
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 08:50 PM   #14  

Ok, now that I've got some pics posted, I guess I can chat a little. The kids had a great time trick or treating and really got a lot of stuff even though we didn't go to too many houses. We went to my parents and went to couple houses in their neighborhood, then came home and went around our neighborhood(only about half a block, though) My daughter said that her bag was too heavy and she didn't want anymore. This is the child who also doesn't like ice cream because its too cold. Crazy kids. I'm exhausted after this weekend. Luckily I only have to work Mon- Wed this week. I have Thurs-Sun off and the kids are off school on Thurs and Fri for teachers convention. Sat night the kids are staying at my parents so hubby and I have the night to ourselves. We'll probably go out to dinner and then do some Christmas shopping.
Crystal-glad you got to slow down a bit and enjoyed the party. Luckily for me not every weekend is as busy as this one was.
Mel-way to go on the size 16's. That's awesome!All your hard work is paying off.
Jill-sorry Bayley isn't feeling well. I will post pics of my kids in their costumes as soon as I get the film developed.
Kathy-my dh is the same way
Chris- Enjoy your quiet time
Jeniqua-good for you on choosing healthy snacks
Michelle-great pics. The kids are adorableand you are beautiful.
Well gotta go for now. Talk to you later.
Steph
Old 10-31-2004, 10:36 PM   #15  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Hello Ladies!

Sorry I have been MIA all day. It's been pretty quiet on the thread today!

Jill: I didn't get any pics of my kids since my digital isn't working. Andrew and Matthew were cowboys and Abby was Dora. We went to the merchants downtown, a few houses of people we know, a few other businesses then grabbed McDonald's for supper. I had a salad. Dh had to go to work and it started to rain while we were out so we quit a little early. Didn't go to MIL's house but called her and explained why and she said she is saving them a bag of candy each for next time they come. Like they need it! They got plenty tonight.

Steph: Thanks for letting us put a face and name together. It's always nice to see in your mind who you are talking to . Your kids are so cute!!! Keep at it and you'll see yourself in the pic again very soon.

Jeniqua: Sounds like you had alot of fun last night. WTG on making healthy choices at the grocery store. Even kids need to eat healthy!

Crystal: Hope you have fun at MIL's! Have you seen the reports on lead in candy? I was reading an article last night on it, about tesing and such and most all of the candy was made in Mexico. Don't know if your MIL's family gets their candy form there but there was a list of ones that have tested positive for lead in the candy or wrapper. I'll see if I can find the article again and post the link for you to check out. http://www.ocregister.com/multimedia/lead/index.shtml Here it is, check it out.

Michelle: Toooooo cute!!! All of you! What was Zhaun dressed as?!? himself??? Is he dressing up for the party? Those devil horns fit my mood today. I was a REAL grump most of the day.

Chris: Glad you got a new digital. I really need to get mine sent in to be fixed and hope it's covered under the warranty.

Mel: WOOHOO!!! You go girl!!! 16's? I haven't seen those in about 10 years, but I'm on my way :grin:. I might be able to get in a tight 18 now . No idea, I'm still swimming around in my 22/24 sweats. May have to check the thrift shop this week and buy something smaller, atleast if it doesn't fit yet, I'm not out much. I want to wait til I reach goal to buy all new clothes....what fun!!! Thanks for the wtg .

Geri: WTG on the Expedition! I want one too but my van is paid for and don't want payments again for a long time if I can help it.

Kathy: I'm with ya girl on the dh not knowing how to load the dishwasher when I'm gone. If we have company coming he will help clean, but not any other time...when I really need it .

Well, no school again tomorrow for teacher workshops so I hope th ekids will be quiet so dh can sleep. I wanted to go somewhere alone tomorrow night, like to see the movie Ray, but it's not showing here for a couple weeks. He told me he would stay home with kiddos so I could go do what I want to do, but that may change. I will probably end up staying home and sulking all night. I shouldn't though, he tells me to go I just don't have anywhere really to go and no one to go with. I will try to be in a good mood, but I need ME time, too. He has the garage he can escape to when he's home.....I'm stuck with atleast 1 or 2 children at all times. Ok, I'll stop whining now!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote