Old 10-29-2004, 09:30 AM   #1  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Default Desperate Houswives (Formerly SAHM's) #280 ~Friday~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 10:01 AM   #2  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Friday Morning Ladies.....I think anyway

No school today or Monday because of parent/teacher conferences yesterday and teacher workshops today and Monday. Dh is still in bed and has to work all weekend so once again I'm raising all these kids by myself....grrrrr.

Jill: All of your pics are just BEAUTIFUL babe! Gotta love that dress.

Cindi: Sending get well wishes to your house! Just remeber it could be worse, right now you're at 3/7. But if they were all sick you could just buy meds by the 55 gallon drum .Hope you find a new home soon.

Michelle: Too funny, you coming onto Jill

Sherry: Hope you're having a good day!

Jeniqua: Too cute about the kids' reactions. Have fun wherever you decide to go.

Geri: You Beautiful Momma You! Will and Tony are too cute to be monsters .

Mel: Still nothing in the mail. I'll be watching today again. Looks like the kids had a ball in the leaves. YIPPEE on Bugga's workup! Now back to trying to find a culprit?

Spryng: I didn't get a chance to ask him about it last night. I went in the bedroom to read for a while, he came in and played with the dog then went to put kids in bed and I fell asleep, probably before the kids were asleep . He came in around 10:30 and asked if I was going to sleep with my shoes on all night....LOL! I will ask him later though. He is soooo skinny sometimes he leaves bruises on my thighs And No you aren't the only one who has to do the check thing sometimes. That's why I didn't go while kids were in school yesterday.

Leigh: Time for a new computer? Holidays are coming!

Chris: Hope you enjoyed your bath last night. Sounded like you needed it. WTG staying away from the candy!!!

Kathy: Just don't give up....remember PMS is not spelled e-a-t. We're here for you.

Crystal: How was Girl Scouts? Did Alisa enjoy it? Looking forward to the next meeting?

Kristin: Did you enjoy your time alone last night? Get anything done?

Steph: Yeah, how are you doing? How's the eating, water and excercise going?

Angel: If you need to post everytime you want to eat then post away girlie!!!

QOTD: If there was one thing, just one, you could change about your dh, what would it be? The fact that he's gone to work at night and then sleeps all day (not lazy, I just make sure he gets enough rest to work again) so I feel like I'm raising kids alone and he's just there for financial support. It's like this most days but I can't do anything about it right now.

Well, I think I got everyone! If not I'm sorry.

Supper last night turned out great. I just skinned the chicken breasts and poured the BBQ Ranch dressing over them in a covered casserole dish and put them in the oven. I made southern style hasbrowns with milder rotel tomatoes and peas. It was good.

The Pack meeting went fine. I had to get up in front of everyone to pin Andrew's Wolf badge on him then stand up when he introduced leaders. I'm still self concious about being on the spot. I started writing all of my things going on for November ont he calendar yesterday . Then last night I had to add 2 more things. I told dh it looks like I may be available the 19th..... It's filling up really fast. Then I got to looking at things and realized the only 1 thing on the whole calendar that is just for me......my birthday! Whooooopie! Oh well, if I can get started with Curves I will be doing something for me everyday. Dh is really excited for me to do it so I'm pretty sure he's working on making sure I get a membership for my birthday atleast.

Today I have to go to Walmart and the grocery store, make supper and work on cleaning my kitchen. Then dh will be gone to work and if the kids are good I'll let them stay up late, maybe rent a movie or 2.

Better get these kids fed.

TTYL

Last edited by Deana1113; 10-29-2004 at 10:08 AM.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 10:12 AM   #3  
**Kristin**

Good Morning Girls! this is the quick post from me...I have to run to the election commission to get dh's absentee ballot and the line gets huge at about 11 am....anyway, yes last night was nice! I got my craft bins and scrapbboking stuff all organized. Also got the rest of the laundry folded, and put away...so now i have 2 pieces of dirty clothing in this house...our night shirts (me and syd) ! WHO - HOO!! Hope you all have a great morning....some of you are usually here by now, what is the deal??? haha, slackers! LOL just kidding. I'm never here by now! ANyway, I will be back at nap time or sooner to get personal TTYL! Love to you all!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 10:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Wow, thread already slow today huh? LOL... that is ok. Well, I did NOT sleep well last night! I was going to get in bed at 10:30, went over to make sure Tanner was covered up and low and behold he opened his eyes and saw me! So he stood up and wanted to get up and cried and cried. He just wouldn't go back to sleep and I was not getting up so I crawled in bed and tried to ignore him. At 1 am... (yes this went on forever) I got up to check him (he was still crying off and on and just wouldn't lay down long enough to pass out) so I made sure he had his pacifier and his diaper was ok, and I talked to him briefly about needing to go to sleep. I guess it worked because 15 min later he was out and so was I. Ugh. I'm so tired this morning. He never does that and I refuse to reward him with getting him up that late to play in the living room or where ever, it was bedtime whether he liked it or not. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.
Anyway, since I can't go grocery shopping today (that new darn law is really bugging me!!!) I guess I'll get some more done around the house. I'm already feeling withdrawls from it, lol. Friday's are my grocery days and my splurge with pts day. So I guess I'll save my pts... what a concept huh? lol. That will be new for me, lol.

QOTD- I don't know what I would change... maybe how much and what he eats. I would love to be able to take control over his food. I want so badly for him to get healthy with me. I worry about his back giving him problems again and other health issues cropping up because of his weight. I hope someday he takes it seriously.
Speaking of dh.. he started his new route today! Now, he won't get to come home everynight like we thought. He starts at 9 am in the morning and the route won't be done until 9-10 at night so once he finishes it would take him another 1 1/2 hrs to get home, so he COULD come home but just to see us all sleeping and leave before we get up and him lose out on sleep too. So on days he may be able to run the route faster he will come home but most days he will just stay in Olathe, which is fine for me. I will still see him every weekend and that is a nice change. He'll get to come home for sundays right now and in december he'll get the whole weekend off. So he'll be home late tomorrow night and then leave out monday. Ok... so now that you are caught up on that, lol.

Kristin, I am so proud of you to get ALL of your laundry caught up!! It feels nice doesn't it? So what do you have planned for today?

Deana, I know exactly how you feel about raising the kids by yourself. I feel like a single mother at times too. It's stressful, but just think how much your kids will love and respect you later on for the sacrifices you made for them! You are a great mother! Keep my updated on what your dh says, lol. So glad your dinner came out great! I hope they aren't discontinuing that dressing, sounds really good!

Jeniqua, have fun at that luncheon! I can't wait to be involved in school things when mine are in school. Sounds like such fun and I know the kids love it. I'll tell you how I post pics on here and that may help you. I save my pics to a folder on my desktop and then I open up a reply box (like this one I am using to post today) at the bottom there is a button that says manage attatchments, I click that and then hit browse and I go to the folder on my desktop and click on the pic I want to share and then hit upload. That is about it. I hope that helps you.

Michelle, are you dressing up for halloween?? If so like what? Is sheet rock that easy to put up? You mentioned it like it was a curtain or something, lol... I have needed sheetrock put up in front of my laundry room forever to make it it's own room, of course I think that requires frame work and such right? Someday this house will get done, lol.

Well, guess I will get off here and get some breakfast down me and start on this house. It's so weird to not be going anywhere today, lol. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 10:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

LOL Spryng!! Well sheetrock CAN be easy to put up....if the framework is done which we already have some of it done He'll probably tell me to go to **** for proposing this little last minute project but he'll mean it in the most loving way possible I haven't decided if I'm going to dress up yet or not, probably not. I was a witch last year and hubby teased me that I wasn't even wearing a costume LOL

Penny, I believe today is your bday but I could be wrong lol too many bdays and anniversaries etc in your house right now lol

Kristin wow way to go on the organization!!! I hope you have a great day!!

Deana Wazzuppppp girl? Glad the pack meeting went well!

QOTD: If I could change one thing about hubby it would be so that he is a better listener. I always have to repeat myself to him and it really angers me to no end.

Okay I either need to get up and do something or go back to sleep lol I'm going to be grumpy today, I can tell, I didn't get enough sleep

Oh here is the link to Sean's cancer site, if you all wouldn't mind taking a minute to sign his guestbook it would mean a lot http://www3.caringbridge.org/mt/shaun/

Thanks Ladies!
Love to all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 10:48 AM   #6  
Jeniqua

Default Here are my pictures..

Here are pictures of my kids. The first one is of all 3 kids. The second one is of Juliesa(one of the pics I entered in the contest) and the 3rd one is a picture of me and my son. Here goes..LOL!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Easter 001.jpg (12.2 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IM000115.JPG (37.4 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IM000100.JPG (41.7 KB, 39 views)
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 10:51 AM   #7  
Jeniqua

It worked!! Thanks Spryng!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 10:54 AM   #8  

OK ladies, I said I wasn't going to WI because I have been so bloated with TOM, but curiosity got the best of me, lol. SO I did and low and behold I'm down 1/2 lbs! OK, I know I really should question it but what the heck is going on with my body???? I know it's a good thing but the weight is coming off effortlessly lately, even when I eat bad most of the week I still lose. Maybe it's because I had mirena (IUD) removed?? Maybe the new pills I'm on is contributing? Hmm... don't know but I'll take it. I may actually hit my personal goal weight next week!! So exciting and scary.

Michelle, I will go sign that guestbook right after I post. How is he doing? And thanks for clearing that up about the sheetrock, lol... I wish dh would at least get started on our framework. I hate having my laundry room open to the kitchen, you know?

OK, gonna get started on this house, did I say that already? lol.. I still haven't left the computer from my last post, lol. OK, off I go!
Old 10-29-2004, 10:54 AM   #9  

Great Pics Jeniqua here let me get a photo of myself

uhhh yeah uhhhh yes that really is me Ha ha I wish!! One of the only TASTEFUL Britney pics lol.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:57 AM   #10  

MIchelle, you crack me up!!!! You look GREAT in the mornings! Is that a low fat shake you are drinking?? lol!!!!!!
Jeniqua, so nice to see what you look like and your kids are so cute! Glad I was able to help!
OK, I really gotta go, lol
Old 10-29-2004, 10:58 AM   #11  

Spryng he was in good spirits yesterday and was supposed to have started his first run of chemo but we were unclear as to whether they had started him or not
Old 10-29-2004, 11:33 AM   #12  

lmao heck if I was that thin I don't think I'd have to drink lowfat shakes lol
Old 10-29-2004, 12:19 PM   #13  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

One thing before I leave, I'll be back later for the rest of you.

Spryng about the check thing. Do you have a debit card? If you do when you go to check out you can run it as a credit card and it doesn't connect directly to your checking account. It just charges it and you sign for it and it takes a couple days to get to the bank. That's what I do sometimes. If you don't have a debit card you should talk to your bank and get one. They are great! Anyway hope this helped somewhat. I totally know where you are coming from!! LOL

Ok ladies need to get dressed cuz I am getting acrylic nails put on at the beauty school! So excited. TTYL!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:20 PM   #14  
**Kristin**

Hey there again! hehe - you ladies are too funny.....Britney..um.er.michelle...you've got that sexy messy hair...rrroowwwrrrr! LOL!

Michelle - I will certainly check out the site

SPryng - yes it does feel great about the laundry! Today on my list is to clean, dust and vacuum the basement/family room.....dishes again...clean this desk...think that is it...oh yeha, I promised dd since it is beautiful out that we could go on a leaf finging walk! She loves leaves, and it will get me some exercise today too!

Deana - I understand about the single parent thing. IT IS TOUGH! Adam is only home Friday night thru Sunday night....That is why I am so thankful that I get time to myself when our parents want to take sydney for the evening Hang in there! as Spryng said, you are doing a wonderful job and they will appreciate your sacrifices even if it isn't until they are in their 30's! LOL!

Jeniqua - BEAUTIFUL family! Loved the pics!

PENNY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You are one busy mama!

LEigh - you too, I hope you get that computer fixed!

Okay now I need to get in the shower, and then get dd lunch so she can nap and I can start the desk, etc down here! TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:21 PM   #15  

Ok where the h-e- double hockey sticks is everyone??!! I'm boreeeeddddd!!! Someone come and say something lol.