Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2001, 08:45 AM   #1  
A princess in the making!

Angry ~~Week of June 17th~~~ HAPPY DAD'S DAY!!!

GOOD MORNING ALL!!!

Hope you have had a great weekend. I did!!

I was up and walked for a few miles this morning. Since BJ was at my mom's I thought let me take this moment and do this. It was very enjoyable. Gave me time to think.

Went out on a date last night. Great Guy!! Had a blast.

My scale shows a nice loss for this week, but until the WW scale says it I will not be doing cartwheels or anything.

RR-Have fun with your busy day. Sounds like a blast. I am going to the ballgame with my son. And I am hoping for sun and open roof. I want to tan up my arms some.

Well let me take these few moments and see if I can find my son's room. LOL

Old 06-17-2001, 09:44 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello Ms Earlybird!!!It must be nice to have a great date and still be the first one up this morning to switch the thread!!!!!!!

Good MOrning to all the late sleepers!!!!Happy Father's Day to those men in our lives!!!!!

BIG LOSERS!!!!!!!!
Happy- 4 lbs
Sonya- 2 lbs!!!
Pryia-Congrats on that 10%!!!!!
Lauren-5.4lbs!!!
Jennelle-2.5lbs!!!!!

Yeah for everybody excercising and losing this week!!!!!!
Ok..today for real--no junk for the week, excercise daily, and prepare to get pregnant!!!! (or maybe just practice today trying!!!!!!)
Have a great Sunday everyone!!!!
RR
Old 06-17-2001, 07:59 PM   #3  

Default Ouch!!!

I was at the game and came home BURNT! I never use to burn so why now??? Nurse Vicki do you have an answer!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I have to go to work tomorrow just to relax!!!

Old 06-18-2001, 09:24 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Well, my weekend was busy!! Cleaned half the day Saturday, went food shopping, and made it home with barely enough time for DH's parents to show up for dinner!! Thankfully they got lost...in our complex!! Had a nice visit with them though. Sunday we went to my mom's for Father's Day. The whole family was up for the celebration, it was nice. DH of course got attacked by my niece and nephew! They love him soo much, and they don't leave him alone!! He did manage to escape for a little while! Kelly, my SIL, said to me, are you and Jim going to make an announcement? It's Father's Day, how perfect would that be?! I was like, yeah, I'll say Jim and I have an announcement for you all, since we're all here together...HAHAHA...April Fools!! It's kind of a joke in my family, it seems whenever someone's announced they're expecting, it's at a family gathering! Of course there's nothing to announce...yet!! We're trying to get our practice in though!!

Pryia- When I was little, I never used to get burned, then the summer after 3rd grade I got really burned. Ever since, I get burned, then a couple days later it turns tan. Glad you had such a great time on your date...will there be another one? How'd you meet him? Come on, details!!

Jennelle Congrats on the loss and on meeting your B-Day goal!! Sorry to hear you got sick.

Have a great day all!!

Last edited by LBH; 06-18-2001 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-18-2001, 12:01 PM   #5  
LBH

Elisa- Sorry that it's upsetting to you to hear about a few of us wanting a baby. I have wanted a baby for as long as I can remember, probably even more than I wanted to get married!! Now that I finally found my Prince Charming and got married (3/17/01), I of course want the baby!! He wants children, we both love kids, but he wants to wait awhile...knowing him, a year...but I'm ready to start trying now. His reasoning is mostly because he wants to get some of his debt paid down first. I keep telling him that we're always gonna be in debt, unless we win the lottery, so suck it up!! And between my mom and his parents, they're baby junkies, we won't have to pay for barely anything!! I'm trying to convince him to let us start trying by the end of summer. I will be 33 in July and don't want to be having kids when I'm almost 40!! We want two, maybe three, so we need to get going!!

And as for off-diet subjects, hey, we're here for each other no matter what the issue. If you think about it, most of our issues in life are usually in some way related to our weight, or our weight is affected by it anyway!! If you wanna vent, talk, whine, whatever, please feel like you can!!
Old 06-18-2001, 12:12 PM   #6  

Hi all

Well I think I must have gained 5# this weekend! *L* One of DH's childhood friends got married in NJ and we ate all weekend!

Lauren - I think we were sort of near you...the wedding was in Dover & we stayed in Parsippany

Anyway, This reception was humongous! The cocktail hour alone would have been enough for dinner for me, they had your normal fruit & cheese, then they had salmon, a pasta station, a caviar station (complete with iced vodka), a crepe station, a seafood station, a steak station and people walking around with quiches & stuffed crab, etc. I tried caviar for the first time...tastes like salt to me *L* But on top of that it was a 7 course dinner! Does anyone really need Prime Rib AND chicken for dinner?...not a choice, but both on everyone's plate. The alcohol flowed freely & we were just finishing course #7 about the time the party was over at 12:30. Even just sampling a little of each course I was stuffed...there's no WAY I could have actually eaten all that food!

We had a good time though...DH hadn't seen his friend in a few years & hadn't seen his friend's parents & brother in probably 10-15 years. My in-laws were there too & they were really excited to see the parents of the groom...they gabbed all weekend.

Didn't get any walking in...didn't really have time, but if the hotel had had a stupid treadmill I would have MADE time...but I wasn't about to go walking on Hwy 46...too much traffic!

Speaking of traffic...whoever designed the d*mn roads up there is a !!! Whoever heard of turning RIGHT to make a LEFT turn! And driving down the INTERSTATE with 4 lanes on your side and all of a sudden with NO WARNING the middle two lanes become one...haven't NJ traffic engineers ever heard of MERGE SIGNS?!?!? *L* Amazingly (due to my wonderful sense of direction of course ) we never got lost & only got a little side tracked once and that was because the hotel gave sucky directions from the airport. But overall, it was a good weekend

Jenelle - Happy Birthday a few days late!

Lauren - sorry the original job didn't work out, but glad you got another one!...congrats on the 5.4#!!!

Vicki - the pics look great! You were beautiful & DH is a cutie! I've still got your gift sitting on the living room floor waiting for me to remember to take it to the post office & get it in the mail...I'll remember soon!

Well...guess that's all for now...I will really have to watch what I eat this week to hopefully counteract everything I ate this weekend. Lots of walking planned as well!

Hope everyone has a great day!

LE
Old 06-18-2001, 12:46 PM   #7  
LBH

LE- OK, now that the tears of laughter have stopped rolling down my cheeks... No, they have no idea what to do with the roads up here!!! Hehehe

You were very close to me!! Dover is probably about 15 minutes away...east I think. I'm in Budd Lake (Mt. Olive Twp.) Where in Parsippany did you stay?! Where was the reception? That's a lot of freaking food!! I can't imagine it all!! Glad you had a good time!! Sorry about the roads!! Our state motto should be: New Jersey - The Road Contruction State!!

I start my new job officially Wednesday. My Office Manager put in for me to be in the cube outside the President's right hand's office!! It's a corner window cube, so I'm going to see if they will move the wall so that the opening to the cube is facing the window, not his office. Man, I have been waiting for a cube like that for forever!! (It's the little things that make me happy!!)

Anyway, I'm doing good and OP today. Brought left overs for lunch. Have to think about dinner though. Think I need to bring more snack foods so that I can eat something filling around 4:30, before I leave, so that I'm not starving when I get home!! That's what seems to get me.

Have a great afternoon all!!
Old 06-18-2001, 12:51 PM   #8  

Lauren and Elisa-check your PM for my details. I will not post on this thread. But will PM them.

Old 06-18-2001, 03:51 PM   #9  
LBH

Hi All,

Man, I'm a carb-loadin' fool today and I'm starting to feel it! I'm eating a banana now, because I'm bored, tired and hungry!! I had pasta for lunch, ugh, wish I had remembered to bring that apple with me!! Feel like I'm crashing...

I'm doing a mass faxing...doesn't that sound like fun?! Man, I can't wait for Wednesday to get here!!!
Old 06-19-2001, 09:19 AM   #10  
LBH

Hi All,

Where is everyone...please don't make me talk to myself!! I'm bored already and it's only 9:16!! I did not stay OP last night. DH wanted chicken parm. I was over 3.5, so it wasn't that bad, but I should've only had 1 c. pasta with it, I did not need 2 c. I took this little mini pitas that I bought at BJ's and didn't like, and made them into bread crumbs in the food processor. I soaked the chicken in buttermilk for an hour and then rolled them in the crumbs (4 mini pitas are 1 pt.), then baked them.

Anyway, I'm really tired today...Have a great day all!!
Old 06-19-2001, 09:56 AM   #11  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Lauren - you're not alone - I'm bored too. Things are quite quiet here at work but I shouldn't complain because it gives me time to go to the gym at lunch.

It's so great going at lunch, there's no excuse not to go and you get it over with and feel great for the rest of the day. I also try to eat after the gym so I feel like my metabolism is faster. I haven't been able to lose anything in the last couple of weeks but at least I've not gained and I have been splurging on the weekend. This weekend my husband and I are going camping which should be fun. I'm sure I'll end up eating some junk food but if I pack carefully it shouldn't be too bad. We're having chicken kebobs one night and probably hot dogs the next, not too terrible.

I wish I could do something to just lose a couple of pounds and feel better but as I said staying the same is better than losing.

How's everyone else doing?

Anyone discover any new snacks or products?? I've bought some Boca Burgers that I heard about on another thread here. They're vegetarian burgers and I think only 1 point each!! I haven't tried them yet and they were a bit pricey but I'll let you know.

Elisa
Old 06-19-2001, 12:28 PM   #12  

Thumbs down

Good Morning Beautiful Divas!!!!!

I just thought I'd pop in and see how everyone is doing these days?????

I HAD written a long post but it disappeared somehow... oh well...

In a nutshell - I lost my job (they laid off 400 of us)... but I found a better one that pays much more and is closer to home. I was in a minor car accident that is causing major physical difficulties with my back. I left my dh (actually boyfriend if you recall) and I am looking for an apartment and having fun dating....hehehehehe. I also have continued to keep off my weight for the past year!!! That usually means I can do it forever doesn't it???? LOL... as long as I keep working out..... because I sure do love to eat!!!

I hope you are all doing well...

Roadrunner are you MRS. Refman yet??? I thought the wedding was in May but I can't remember the exact date!

Lauren, Nancy, Rabbit, Sonya, DivaB, Watermelon, Karen, LE and anyone else that I missed.... HOW THE HECK ARE YA????????

Hopefully I'll post more often...... I've just been quite busy lately..... oy vey!!!

Keep Smilin'
Kymber
Old 06-19-2001, 01:06 PM   #13  

hi all. i have been sick since I got back from the weekend out of town. Miserable! So this will be short.

Lauren- congrats on the job.

Jennelle - congrats on your loss, yeah for making your goal!

RR - hope you enjoyed all of your parties.

Elisa - your post was so sad. Sorry to hear about it and I sure hope you work it all out.

Kym - great to hear from you!! Sorry and happy about the job situation. And the accident - oh no. You already had problems from a previous accident, didn't you? Congrats on keeping the weight off - such an inspiration. And have fun dating.

gotta run - Rabbit
Old 06-19-2001, 01:24 PM   #14  
LBH

Hi All,

Kymber- Great to hear from you!!! I was wondering how you were!! Glad you rebounded from the lay off and got something better!! And closer to home just makes it that much more worthwhile!! Sorry to hear about the accident, hope the back's not to messed up. Glad to hear you weren't hurt more though. I'm sure you're having fun dating!! Didn't you leave DkindaH once or twice before?! Hope things work out for the best!

Rabbit- Poor wabbit, hope you're feeling better soon!!

Elisa- Good for you going to the gym at lunch!! I'd be the one to complain that I'd get all sweaty and not enough time to shower, etc.!! Have fun camping!! Hey, do you journal everyday? Maybe you need to look at your journal to find out why you're not losing? Are you drinking all your water...maybe you need to drink more - 8 glasses is nothing! Are you eating later at night - maybe you should pick something different to eat late, or not eat late?

I had the Boca Burgers, but didn't really care for them that much. I discovered the Morningstar Farms sausage patties though. DH didn't even realize that there wasn't any meat in them...he thought they were LF or something!! Actually asked me to buy more of them!!

Dinner will have to be something light today, because I met a friend for lunch and I haven't added it up yet, but I don't think I'm gonna have that many pts. left for dinner!

Have a great afternoon all!!
Old 06-19-2001, 07:49 PM   #15  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello my fellow chicks!!!!(or rather Lauren!!! )
Just kidding!!!!!
This is a quikie cuz I have a munchkin pulling on my chair to play!!!

Kymber--Hey U!!!Yes I am married...the proof is posted at www.picturetrail.com then go to joe1017!!!!!I am enjoying almost every bit!!!!!

Well must run!!!!
RR
Closed Thread