Old 10-24-2004, 07:58 AM   #1  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Default Desperate Housewives (Formerly Stay At Home Moms) #275 * Sunday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 08:14 AM   #2  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING!!!

Tracy: Welcome to our little corner of the world. We always love new faces. You will find the greatest support and best bunch of women here. Post often, it's a busy thread especially during the week, and let us get to know you better.

Sarah-Rachelle: I wasn't here in Apr-May but welcome back. You sound like you are doing great getting started again. Post often, let us know how you're doing.

Cindi: I would be furious too! What could she have been thinking? Does dh feel the same way you do, that she should have called? Hope she doesn't extend her visit for your sake.

I have alot planned this morning. I have to do some serious cleaning because dh and our friends will be home somewhere around 12:30 to 1:00 and I told dh last night don't stop for lunch and I will have something ready for them when they get here. I haven't done any cleaning since he left. I ended up staying over at our Bear Den leader's house yesterday for almost 5 hours just talking. The kids will be working on crafts this morning while I clean since we didn't get to that yesterday.

BTW, I have chicks hatching again. I woke up this morning and there are 4 of them starting to pip through. I can hear them occasionally while I sit here. They are on a table right next to me. Can't wait to see how many I get this time. I only have 10 left of the first 17. Since we live in the country and have chickens, therefore eggs, we have rats. I bought a bucket of poison last week and we put it out and they took it like crazy and I'm really hoping it worked. I haven't seen any sign of them for a couple days now. Just in case I put out more poison last night and need to go see if it was taken. If it was, they are still around and I may have to go hunting .

Well better get kids up so they can get breakfast and help clean some. Dh will be here in about 5 hours or so.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 08:34 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Happy Sunday

Good morning ladies.

Spryng, I hate that you're not gonna be with us as much but I am sooooo happy for you. All of this is totally going to change your whole life and I'm so happy for your kids to have dh home with them all the time now, that is so great.

Cindi, I am so sorry you haven't gotten what you are waiting for and really sorry about MIL. Don't worry about her or what she thinks or says, you should know better.

Deana, how many chickies is this going to give you?

Welcome Tracy and Sarah-Rachelle, I remember you. Hope you ladies stick around.

Well, hello to Jill, Michelle, Mel, Penny, Chris, Geri, and all you other sahm's.

I've got some things to do today. I may get out and go to Walmart for a bit but mostly just hanging around here and getting ready for school tomorrow. I've got some decorating ideas in my mind and was wanting to get some paint color samples, but we'll see. I want to hang around and watch dh work on the house but then I have to keep the kids out of his way too.
Okay enough blabbing. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 08:36 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies,

Cindi,
I am sooo sorry about your mil coming in! At least dh feels the same way about it as you do.

Deana,
I am happy for you that dh is coming back home! Are you getting the kiddos to help clean today? Hope you get that decongestant! So neat about the chickens hatching... We have some but no males.

Spryng,
WTG on the car! That is awesome. And on the job Do you have to go buy work clothes now? This is going to be a huge change for you! Just take one day at a time.

Kathy,
Congrats on the no late night snacking. You will get better and better at it and your body will thank you! And like the girls said, choose something healthy if you need to snack. I know Skinny Cow makes those yummy ice cream sandwiches..... that my kiddos steal if I buy em

Tracy,
Welcome I am glad you found us! Hope you post with us often. We would love to have you!

Hi Sarah,
Yeah I do remember you! But I am not sure if it was from here or the TOPS forum... Anyhow, Welcome Back it is great to have you with us!

Well I gotta get ready to go.. The walk is in New Orleans and it is about an hour away. Have a wonderful day!

HUGS TO YOU ALL
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 08:38 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Crystal,
Sorry I missed your post...

Hope you have a good day... How is Andrew feeling this morning?
Old 10-24-2004, 09:44 AM   #6  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi Penny, Andrew seems to be feeling better. He's not a morning baby though, gets that from his daddy. I love the mornings, best time of the day, but he wakes up grumpy and whiny, once he gets over that he's okay.
Hope you have a good day.
I'll share some of my decorating ideas with you gals later on and get your opinions.
I'm cleaning, cleaning and doing laundry. I'm trying to get everything caught up so we can start school tomorrow and not have to worry about a filthy house, lol.
TTYL
Old 10-24-2004, 12:19 PM   #7  
mama of 4little Angels

Talking Afternoon Ladies

Hey Ladies.Just got back from church.My son got saved"3 down 1 to go" yeah .

Sarah-Hello nice to see you join us again.I wasn't here here whenever it was you joined.I'm a SAHM of four.Trying to get healthy and lose alittle weight in the process.

I got a story.Well, my son went to bed last night and I didn't know it but he had a mega bean with him.Anyhow,he took it apart and put that ball barion in his mouth.He came running into the kitchen choking on it.Made me have a heart attack of coarse.But I couldn't get it up he finally got it swallowed.So now we have to wait a couple of days and hopefully it will pass.
Well I've got to get off here and get some house work done.we might make a trip to Sam's today,not sure anyhow have a wonderful day ladies.
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 12:27 PM   #8  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. Just checking in.

Angel, happy for the one son, sorry for the other. I can imgine how scared you were. Hope all is well.

Dh and is uncle are out working on the house. Getting some trenching done and hopefully will get the forms set today. I came in to make lunch for them, homemade chili and homemade cornbread, hope they enjoy it. I hope everyone is having a great Sunday. TTYL
Old 10-24-2004, 01:44 PM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey..
Just got back from church and am all settled in for an afternoon of laundry-washing, folding, putting away. I wish my life didn't revolve around housework and such all the time. Doesn't seem like much of a life to me at all.

Anyhow-Angel-So happy your son got saved. As for the other one-hopefully things will be okay. Where do kids get these ideas? It is enough to give a mom a heart attack. I hope you're okay. My gosh, I'm the worst in an emergency situation. I'd be the panicky one.

Crystal-I bet your excited to see the work start. It'll be so neat to have a bigger house and get the kiddies seperated a bit so they can all sleep. How many bedrooms are you guys building anyhow?

Spryng-Congratulations! It'll be different, I'm sure. But you'll do great.

Deanna- How many chickens do you have anyway? More babies.. They're so cute and fluffy.

Well, I better get at the mountain of laundry. I guess it won't fold itself.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 04:28 PM   #10  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone! Ok, so apparently I missed ALOT !!! So I can only comment on what I remember..(which isn't much )

Spryng- Congrats on your job!! THAT"S GREAT!!!

Penny- Great pic penny! I wish I looked as good as you do in some jeans! LOL
BTW, where did you get that flashing name thingy!

Welcome Tracy and Sarah!

Deana- CUTE!!! I didn't even know you had chickens!! That' shows how much I seem to read the freakin' threads! I need to catch up bad!! LOL

Chris- that's all my life is.. housework, and kids.. and dh. Not me, or going out and getting air.. or anything else for that matter! Sucks don't it! But one day... it'll be better. (so they say)

Ok, i know I missed a lot of people, Mel, Michelle, Cindi, Crystal, Ange, Cheri, Kristin, Leigh, Melissa, Jill, Geri, Ricci, and anyone else!!!!! But I'm running out of time so yesterday I did exercise for an hour. I tried to eat healthy.. but failed. Today I havent eaten healthy or exercised.. but luckily I still have time! So I will talk to everyone later! Gotta go! BYE ALL
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 05:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 256/202.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Did you hear the screams???

UGH!!! I bought a scale....and it said 190 i just cant believe it....I am only 5 feet 2 inches.....oh my.....I want to cry...

so could all you ladies share your weight loss story? when you started to lose the weight......any insights....anything??

thanks!!
kandie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 06:10 PM   #12  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone. How's it going? I just got out of the shower and got done grocery shopping about an hour ago. I have been struggling all weekend with my diet and have given in way too much. All of a sudden I just feel overwhelmed by cravings and such whereas 2 weeks ago someone could have smeared chocolate sause on my face and I would have just washed it off instead of licking it! LOL I don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe TOM? I made sure and got lots of healthy things at the store and am going to try really hard to be good this week. I know it's going to take me all week just to get back down to 145 but I really have to get there. Anyway I hope you all are doing better OP than me. The good news is that I still went to the gym 4 times last week and plan to do the same this week. At least my workout schedule is engrained in my head now. Now if I could just get the healthy food part down too!.

My MIL called me while I was in the store and wanted us to come over for a family dinner but my dh is out riding his dirt bike and he came home real fast and I told him she wanted us to come over and he said he was going riding again so I told him to call her and tell her and he just left!!! I was so pissed when I got out of the shower!! I know he didn't call her cuz our cell phone (the only phone in the house) had not dialed her number so I am a little peeved at him right now. I don't really want to go over there anyway just cuz I have things around here I need to do but he needs to be the one to call her since he's not going to be home anyway. Ok enough about that! LOL

Deana hope you got your "Serious cleaning" done. I need to do the same, want to come over here and do it for me? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE! YAY on the chickies!!

Crystal how much has dh gotten done today?

Hi Penny cool about the kidney walk!! Make sure and let us know how it goes. Beautiful pics too!!! You look great! Your hard work is really showing!

Angel how scary about the choking!! That has to be one of my biggest fears for Bayley is choking, she puts EVERYTHING in her mouth. Glad everything worked out though.

Chris my life revolves around the same things and it never seems to all get done at the same time. I also have to balance school on top of that so it really sucks. Hopefully it will all pay off in the end right? LOL Hope you get a little time to yourself today.

Spryng how great about the job and the car!!! Things are going to great for you!!! I'm also glad you sil will be able to take care of the kids, that will be really nice. How old is she? Does she have a job? Sorry just curious. Hope you are having fun with dh and the kids today.

Ok baby is up now and I need to get some more things done around here. I'll check back in later.

P.S. Hi to the newbies, hope you stick around!!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 07:30 PM   #13  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. Checking in. I'm so tired and poor dh has been digging ditches all day. Of course alot was done on the trencher, but then he had to get in there and get the loose dirt out. He's got to be tired. He's still working. Gonna start again tomorrow.
The kids played in the dirt all day, I mean they were covered. So funny watching them.
I've got to get off real quick and feed the dogs.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:48 PM   #14  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Afternoon Ladies,

Crystal,
Poor dh.. I bet he is tired but I know it is part of the process. Glad you are getting some things done with the house already! It will be here before you know it!

Jill,
Sorry dh didn't call his mom... Mine doesn't like to either I know you will do great on plan this week

Kathy,
You will be out of the 190s then the 180s and so on soon! I know it! I have been trying to lose weight for about 5 years now since my first son. I started again seriously in February at 182.50 and I am now at 163.50. But my highest is 193.50. I know you will do great... Don't think about how much you have to lose but how much you have lost as time goes on! Always focus on the positive!

Jaymi,
Congrats on the exercise yesterday! You better have exercised today I know you can do it!!!!!

Chris,
I know how you feel about the neverending housework. I know we all have it but you have to find something for yourself! Do you have a hobby only for you?

Angel,
Congrats to your son for being saved. And I am so sorry to hear about the other one getting choked! That is always scary!

Well The walk was great and I will be ready for the one I am organizing... I will start planning it after we return... So excited...

I have a few pics I will post later tonight or tomorrow!

Have a nice night girlies
Old 10-25-2004, 01:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey guys!!

I got a good nights sleep last night and didn't roll out of bed til 2 pm when it was time for me to get ready for work!! I really needed the rest and today I am back feeling 95% like my old self again!! WOOHOOO!!

I've got 64 oz of water down and I've drank about 4 cups of hot tea at 6 oz each and I had one cup (6oz) of hot apple cider so I think I've got my liquids covered today!! I go to my doctor tomorrow and I know I won't show a big loss if any loss at all, but at the same time I don't feel horrible about it since I went the whole month without my pills!! So a maintain without meds is wonderful!!

School is going great! The grammar exercise I got full credit for because it's based on participation and just lets you know what you need to work on so I feel great about that. My IT professor said the essay I wrote for that class was great and flowed well so I'm excited!! Week one down and 8 more to go for these two classes

Penny, that's so awesome about the walk!! You make me soooo darn proud I could cry lol! I'm so glad you got involved!!

Spryng Congrats Congrats Congrats!! We sure will miss seeing you around here during the days though!! I'm so tickled for you!! Awesome about the great deal on the car too!! You have just had your run of good luck lately!! I hope it continues!!

Jill hang in there girly!! You'll get yourself back on track, and if you don't I'm coming over with my whip *waaatoooshhhhh* (uhhh that was the sound of my whip cracking)

Deana so cute about your little chickies I'd love to see a pic or two of them

Chris is it getting cold over there yet? It snowed again today for about 5 minutes lol, but the big one is coming up soon I can feel it!

Jaymi girl now don't make me bundle up and come out in the cold to get your butt on plan....

Crystal, how are you feeling lately? Are you just getting so excited for the baby to come soon? I can't wait to see some pics of your little angel! Man okay I can't talk to you anymore now I'm feeling like I want another baby too late now for that though.

Leigh How is Liam? I want to see some bday pics!! How are you? I saw your DH do a report on fox the other night, something about voting, he was at the polls in GA.

Geri, How are things going for you?

Kathy, now don't let the scale get you down...just remember that number is going to start going down, and one thing that helps is to set small goals that you feel you can accomplish. Don't set one big goal for example start small and make a goal to lose 5 lbs in November or 10 lbs by xmas. Also make sure you drink drink drink your water!! Soooo Important!! Another thing that helps me is when I think I want to eat I make sure to ask myself if I'm eating because I'm hungry or because I'm bored. Just a few pointers. Hang in there!!

I've been bugging DH to let me buy a graphics program called poser which is AWESOME but it is very expensive too $169 bucks!! He says if I can save money aside for it I can get it!! But it looks so darn neat I don't know if I can wait!!

Well I better get off the puter since I'm at work. Although I haven't seen anyone for about 3 hours!! I'll post again tomorrow!
Love to you all!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote