Old 10-21-2004, 06:24 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #87

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

THIRD QUARTER CHALLENGE SEPT 1-JAN 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 06:25 AM   #2  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so make time for you today, won't you?

later girls

Faye
Old 10-21-2004, 08:45 AM   #3  

Morning beautifuls.
Just a quick stop in...4 points for me yesterday! Maybe there'll be good news tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 02:08 PM   #4  

POINTS POINTS:

Julie
Faye (short on water yesterday I think)
SandyG

Today was errand and shopping day so I am doing a no no and eating while I am typing. I had so much to do today I started at 7 am!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Talk to you all later

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 10-22-2004 at 05:26 AM.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Evening everyone.

4 pts again today. YEAH!!!!!!!!!
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:27 AM   #6  

FRIDAY: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Let's see some losses girls!

later sweeties

Faye
Old 10-22-2004, 06:56 AM   #7  

Believe it or not the scales read that I am down 5lb this morning. I am going to recheck it this evening just to be on the safe side.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:40 AM   #8  

Morning Ladies,

WOO HOOO SANDY!!
5 pounds is awesome....keep it up.

Scale says I"m up this week, but a few days ago it said I was down. I'm pmsing, so I think it's a fluke of water retention or something. Anyway, I"m ignoring it.

1 point yesterday for water.

TTFN,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:02 AM   #9  

Getting ready to head out the door and I thought that I would see what is going on here today. Julie, I think that I wouldn't worry either pms is not a good friend. I think that even though I have had a hyst there are some days that I can feel pms wanting to start up. Got a letter in the mail yesterday that was telling me that I am suppose to go to court next month. I read the letter and had a really good laugh. This is for the child support that I am owed. Would love to have all that is owed to me. OOPPPS gotta run got a call comming in talk to everyone later.

sandy
Old 10-22-2004, 11:31 AM   #10  

POINTS AND LBS DOWN:

Julie
Faye
SandyG

Great JOB sandy, keep up the good work!

NEED SOME FOOD HELP: I had lamb at a Greek restaurant years ago and it tasted like spoiled meat to me. In April, had lamb at a buffet in Vegas and it tasted good like beef. Now, which is it? Anyone our there eat lamb and is it mild or strong? My dd wants to have lamb for Christmas dinner but I don't want something gross tasting. Any help will be appreciated. I am thinking of buying some chops to try, any ideas on how to fix them? I saw a recipe for a lemon and time marinade and then you grill them. Do you leave them pink or grill well done?????? TX

I am pooped and my ears are still ringing a little and the palms of my hands are still bright pink and a little numb. First off, DH wanted DONUTS for brkfast this am and only likes them from one place so we got up at 4:30 am and drove to Howard's. (BTW, I didn't get ANY for myself) then t 7 did about 20 minutes of weights, around 7:30 am I got out on the deck and started cleaning it up (we have a big tree in our little strip of dirt around the deck and 2 trees next door so ...) I cleaned the cloth patio chairs with Tilex (does great to kill the mold from rain etc), wiped them all down, cleaned the glass top table and cleaned the outside of the grill, THEN at 9 am (this is where the hands and ears come in) I took the blower and blew all the leaves to the street and blew out the garage too, THEN went back and reswept everything. I put up my outside broom in the garage, closed the door and walked back on the patio, the tree decided to be "funny" and dropped a bunch of leaves back on the patio! I said to heck with it and came inside, muttering to the stupid tree! So now, I have the rest of the day to screw around.

Ok, I have to tell someone this story and if you are a lady with "european" leanings, I am sorry about this, but ICK! I went and got my nails done yesterday and was sitting under the dryer. The pedicure chairs are right next to the dryers and I was watching the nail tech doing this ladie's legs. This place does a great pedicure with massage. Anyway, I digress. I looked at this lady, who happened to be black so you would have thought it wouldn't be obvious, but OH BROTHER! She had more hair on her legs than a gorilla! I kept thinking about the nail tech having to massage Magilla and oooohhhhhh! I mean, it is one thing to either get lazy and not shave, not shave during winter, or be "european" in your thinking, but man, don't make someone massage your legs then......

Everyone have a spectacular weekend!

faye

Last edited by gma22; 10-22-2004 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:17 PM   #11  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi ladies,

I am in such a state lately - I've been feeling so down and I'm having real trouble motivating myself to do anything positive to help myself.

I guess coming here is the first step.

I need to get myself back to the swimming pool, but I'm so lethargic that I'm struggling to even leave the house. I know in my head all the things I need to be doing, but this depression is really dragging me down and I'm a bit of a pathetic blob at the moment.

I'm going to TRY to get myself out of the house for a little swim tomorrow - I know it will make me feel better and it's a first step in the right direction.

Sorry to be so down - I could really do with your support and advice to get me back on track.

SANDY G - Well done on the 5lbs down!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 09:49 PM   #12  

Default Evening Chickies!

I had a hard but very productive day today at work and I am exhausted. Got on the scale and I was down but not by any new pounds. This is my 3rd day on the this week so I am proud of that.

Have been really struggling with water again. I forgot my high blood pressure pill one day this week and as always when I start up again, I have uncontrollable bladder for a day or two until my body gets used to the diuretic. It was awfull - peed my pants upon arriving to work, and had to walk around the rest of the day with no underwear and stockings! I am going to have to see my obgyn again - He gave me an rx for ditropan and up the dosage but nothing seems to work. I bought ben-wah balls but haven't used them consistently enough to make a difference. I am so loose down below that one day I was walking around with my balls and didn't realize I had lost one in the living room until I went to bathroom to remove them and realized one was not there!

Anyway - we are still working with the sunroom - have decided to take out an ajoining wall to the family room and put in double pocket doors so we can open that room to the sunroom as well. We are almost at a compromise about the floor. Dh has convinced me to go with a light wood floor. Now we just have to decide on color.

The frame work for our bedroom addition is up and they removed the wall. It is tarped between the existing and new which means it is not insulated so we are moving into the family room tonight to sleep. It is crazy having your house torn up! It will be worth it when everything is said and done.

SandyB - I am an 8 year Mary Kay veteran - please pm me if you want -to ask me anything - I can give you an objective view - different than what you may get from your perspective director or the friend who may be bringing you in!

Amanda - whatever has you down, pray on it, and give thanks that you have so many blessings in life to be exhuberant about. Think of the Christopher Reeve - he had every reason to be depressed on a daily basis but boy did he continue to live up until the end. What do you think he would have given to be able to get into a pool, breathe on his own, feel the warmth of his wife's and children's hugs, go to the bathroom by himself, walk out to porch and watch the sun rise or set? Remember also that you are an awesome, unique creation of God. He gave you the gift of your life and He wants you to live it extraordinarily everyday.

Faye - You had me laughing out loud!

Have a great evening everyone mscat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 05:43 AM   #13  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Share your joy with us!

Amanda: Beauty is NOT a size 6. Beauty is what is within you and you are a magnificently beautiful woman at 259 lbs. Do not let go of that when bad times come. Remember to hold your head up knowing you are beautiful outside and in just as you are BUT that for you health's sake you need to be smaller. Get up every morning look in the mirror, say I AM BEAUTIFUL and am going to make myself more so, then get out to that pool or whatever. Look at your food as a means to an end not the end of your life because you can't eat anything you want all the time. Remeber each day how lucky you are to have your health, Nigel, your friends, the ladies here that ALL love you!

MsCat: I too take bp and a diuretic hydrochloridiazide and pee all the time. Have you thought about Poise pads? They aren't full on depends, but aren't Kotex style either and would help if you have an accident. I know how that is because I have done it!

Everyone have a fabulous weekend!

Faye
Old 10-23-2004, 10:57 AM   #14  

Default Morning!

Up early this a.m. trying to get the billions of leaves sucked up out of our yards before it rains again. The fall leaves are so beautiful - what a picture our creator paints for us each season. Our bedroom extension is being roofed as we speak and we are exploring wall and carpet colors. I had a great dinner with my 14 year old dd last night - and we created a new realm of possibility for our relationship.

Faye - I have been wearing pads, but not consistently. I am in denial that I am in control of my bladder I guess I am going to have to accept the fact that I have to prepare for the inevitable everyday. Compared to how it could be worse, it is not a real problem. Thanks for reminding me I can take steps to prevent accidents!

Amanda - Cudos to Faye's words of wisdom - you are beautiful whatever size you are!

Have a great weekend everyone. mscat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 07:46 AM   #15  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our silly poll this week is:

What will be you first real extravagance after reaching your goal?

I think maybe a Coach handbag! Orrrrrrr, even better a pair of heels I couldn't have walked around in before!

Hope all is well with everyone. Have a great Sunday.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 10-25-2004 at 08:46 AM.