Old 10-21-2004, 02:36 PM   #1  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Talking Non Scale Victorys - October

Have not seen one of these this month so forgive me if I duplicated it.

I bought a pair of jeans 2 months ago when I started wearing my size 50 pants again. Well these jeans were like size 46-48 when I tried them on at home. Yep I never tried them at the store, I'm bad about that. I could not even get them buttoned. I can now get them on and buttoned. They are still snug but I am wearing them today just to make me feel better.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 03:39 PM   #2  
There is no try, only DO

Tuesday I wore a coat that I bought last spring on clearance. It didn't fit me when I bought it even though I weighed less at the time. Fits good now
lil_cara_mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 03:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47578

Here they are, Howie. We all post so much that this thread got shoved to the third page.

Congrats on fitting into new clothes, you two! WTG!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 04:02 PM   #4  
Jennifer

Congrats, you guys, on the NSVs. Very exciting!!!! I love reading these.

I have one to report as well. Up to yesterday, I'd gotten only a few sporadic comments about my weight loss. I'd gotten a couple "you look really good" comments, but nothing specific. In fact, I was starting to wonder if nobody really could tell at all, even though my husband reminds me all the time of how much progress I've made .

Well, I was on a business trip yesterday and had dinner with two workmates (bosses, actually) whom I hadn't seen since I started losing weight. Maybe it was the new suit (which sorta hugged the curves instead of hanging on me like my other ones!), but they exclaimed the minute they saw me, "OH MY GOD. You're so SKINNY!!!!" They wouldn't stop talking about how great I looked!

I gotta tell you, it was embarrassing but gratifying. I think I may have turned the corner where you can *really* tell. Funny, but I found that it motivates me even more to lose the rest of it!
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 07:22 PM   #5  
Born Loser

Good for you Heather. It is always nice to fit into clothes you could not wear before.

I knew I should have looked further back for this thread.

Jennifer that is such a great feeling to have someone see the change. It motivates me also. I am looking forward to the holidays to see family that I have not seen all year.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:34 PM   #6  
Jennifer

Ooh, Howie, so am I! It's a real motivation to try to lose even more before going home for Thanksgiving. My mother-in-law *always* says, "You've lost weight" upon seeing me, even though I never have actually lost (I think she equates it with "something nice to say"!) This year I can't wait until she says it and really means it.

Any Canadians have family members notice at your Thanksgiving?
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 11:35 PM   #7  
beautiful

i went bra shopping on saturday, at wal mart! i bought a 42DD and it fit!!! the last time i went bra shopping i had to go to lane bryant and get 42DDD. my 42DDD's are loose now. i still haven't worked up the courage to try on any of my older thinner clothing yet though. i think the best thing though is that even though i've only lost 17.6 pounds i am already feeling better about myself.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 01:11 AM   #8  
Born Loser

I've had people tell me that and I've gained weight. I guess there just being nice but I would rather them say nothing unless there is a real reason to.

Shelly that is great. It's amazing how 17 lbs gone can make you feel so much better. I am in such a good frame of mind latley I just don't know why I let myself get the way I have. I feel so much better eating right.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:44 AM   #9  
There is no try, only DO

Congrats to you too Howie, Jennifer, & Shelly

As for the "you've lost weight" comment My mother always says it when I've gained.. when I've lost she says nothing. Go figure. Hopefully by Christmas I'll have dropped enough for it to be noticed.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Okay, my recent ones are that I've had to buy a pair of pajamas because I'm so cold at night. Never used to happen when I was insulated with about 80 extra pounds of fat.

Also, my blood pressure is so low now that my doctor told me to increase my salt intake. Hah! I already salt the heck out of everything. My BP used to be 120/78, which is okay, but now it's 100/68. The reason for the salt is that when I stand up, I see stars, and I guess sodium will help. A minor annoyance, but it makes me feel like I'm going to black out.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 12:15 PM   #11  
beautiful

sheila i have those problems when i stand up too. everything goes dark and i get really woozy. i crave salt ALL the time!

congrats everyone, these are GREAT nsv's. i can't wait to see more!
Old 10-22-2004, 03:16 PM   #12  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I had to change my avatar to a less non cropped picture to explain this NSV. I talked to my mom last night and sent the picture that is my current avatar. Let me just say, Jewish moms are notorious for being very critical but Mexican moms are the same way so my mom is quite critical of me, my weight and everything else. The only quasi negative thing she said to me was "are you wearing a nightgown!?" which it is not, it is a silk tank top but other than that she said I looked very nice. I was almost floored by a compliment from my mom I really can't wait to go home and visit my family and see what they all say, it'll be nice especially since I plan to have lost 75 lbs since the last time I saw them.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:21 PM   #13  
Getting back on track!

You look gorgeous Nelie- a real stunner!
I've had to buy new trousers as my old ones were too big, people have started to notice too. I feel good!!!!!!!!
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:42 PM   #14  
There is no try, only DO

I agree, you look great Nelie! And congrats on the new pants Annie
Old 10-26-2004, 08:57 AM   #15  
beautiful

Default Omg

i took my measurements last night because yesterday when i was getting dressed i put on my bra and there was something very wrong. i closed it on the very last closure and i had plenty of room left over.

IF i measured correctly its like this (10/4 to 10/25)

- 1.5 inches from under my boobs
- 1.5 inches from hips
- 4.0 inches from my waist (!?!?!)
- 2.5 inches from across my boobs
- 1.25 inches from my left calf
- 1.5 inches from my right calf