Old 10-21-2004, 03:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Desperate Housewives (Formerly Stay At Home Moms) #272

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 03:31 AM   #2  
Hip & fit but... chubby

Default Ok, I just posted on the SAHM thread, but...

... I'd love to join this one! I'm definitely a desperate housewife

Elisa, part-time working mom of Sarah, 5. Household-challenged, computer addict
ElisaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 07:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/202.5/135

Height: 5'3"

goodmorning ladies....

YEAH!!! RED SOX!!!! I am soooo tired from staying up to watch the game.....it ended at midnight here on the east coast.....but it was sooooooo worth it!!!!!

Anyway......thanks for the warm welcomes!! it may take me a while to figure out who is who.......as for the being chatty part......that is what I love! I am on this darn computer all the time!!!

Someone mentioned the step plan? what is that plan all about....sounds like it may be geared to the way I want to lose this weight.

Well this is day one for me.......this weeks goals are simple......no eating after 6pm.....I can do it!!

will check back later
kandie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 07:18 AM   #4  
2BoysMom

Thought I could come down here and catch up..but the boys are making noise in their room...you know, when I want them to get up early...they don't! Grrrrrrrrr.

TOM is lurking...can you tell??? I'll be back...eventually. Maybe I'll even get to catch up at some point .

Love ya!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 07:31 AM   #5  

ok, Michelle, I was confused for a brief moment on the name change here....lol Cute....I like it. I haven't gotten around to watching that show though. Remind me the day it's on...Sunday right? what time and station? thanks

Well, a good nights sleep does a body good! Heading to the gym to workout with the trainer. I would like to get there early so that I can get my cardio in first. Otherwise, I am too tired after an hour of slave driving to do it! I'm feeling good though. Not down any weight this week, but I know it's coming. I'll check in with you all later. Have a good one.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 07:39 AM   #6  

Thumbs up

Yea Spryng on Dh's posistion! See the angels were looking out for you.. Maybe this is what you needed to boost your spirits. I am so happy for you. Also, you will get that job! Have a good one. I bet you couldn't sleep with all the excitement.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 09:13 AM   #7  

Good Morning!!! man those weight loss tickers are awesome I'm gonna have to go get me one of them!

Hi Elisa welcome to the group!!

Kathy, I was so darn excited about the redsox I could have peed myself lol I was yippin and hollerin and this was while at work!! I used to live in Mass so I'm a devoted fan!!

Geri TOM is lurking here too, he should be showing his ugly face any minute lol. Have you been drinking your water?

Spryng I must say again that I am so happy for you!!

Ok girls I'm so sick today My throat is killing me!!!! I wish I could have slept more but I was too uncomfortable! So I'm gonna go gargle and lay on the couch!

Love to all!
Michelle
Old 10-21-2004, 09:22 AM   #8  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Desperate Housewives...that definitely fits the bill! How are you all? This is just a fast post because I have to work. I'll check back later when I have more time.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 09:24 AM   #9  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Morning Housewives

First of all, Welcome Elisa and Kathy!!! Kathy you sound like you really need support to get you there and that's what we are all about. I'm Crystal, 27 yo sahm of 3 and expecting #4, Allison, Feb. 1st. Alisa 6 yrs., Ally 3 yrs., and Andrew is 22, almost 23 months. I've been married for 9 years. I'll tell you with EVERY single one of my pregnancies, I got pregnant after losing anywhere from 15 to 25 pounds and not trying to get pregnant. Dh just got "fixed" so this is the last one for us. I homeschool my oldest daughter and we live in Texas. Please stick around because you will find that we are here wether you are on track or not. Elisa, we welcome anyone wether you're a sahm or not, if this is where you feel comfortable. So welcome ladies.

Spryng, I'm so excited for your dh. Now is this job less pay? Meaning do you HAVE to get that job for this to work for y'all? And I'm so glad it went well last night. Are you and Tanner feeling better?

Michelle, of course your girls like to play dress up. Alisa would play and play and play all the time if I kept play clothes here for her, she grew out of the ones we had. Girls LOVE doing that.

Leigh, glad everything went well yesterday. Now you're getting into the "fun" 2 year old stages, good luck, lol!!!

Deana, you do like to get involved in things, but take it from me, I don't get involved in nothing and I get bored, even with threee kids. That's why I'm excited about girl scouts.

Hello Jaymi, Jill, Penny, Geri, Cindi, Ricci, Chris, Mel and all you other sahm's out there. Hope you had a great night and have a great day.

Well, I slept okay, Andrew was stuffy, like most nights so we slept on the couch a few hours because he could breathe better. It wasn't the worst night I've had but definitely not the best either. He didn't go to bed until almost 1100 and my girls were in there awake until after 1000. I'm sick and tired of them all sharing a room, I'm trying to be a little more patient. Dh is starting some ground work and digging for the house this weekend so that will be the first sign of really building. I have to go to the bank today to pick up our house plans and open a construction account for the funds to be placed. Other than that I'll be home.
We went to some friends house last night, they just bought a new one and I hadn't seen it. It's only 5 minutes down the road. They fell into a GOOD GREAT WONDERFUL deal. They only have one little boy, he's 3 and this house is 2400 sq. ft. 4 bedrooms and an office, a huge kitchen with an island and a dining. French doors that go out to a huge porch from the dining, the office and the master bedroom. A mud room in the utility room, trees a barn. All hard wood floors except the bedrooms. The master bedroom is like as big as my whole house I think, really. It was so nice, they only had to finance like $100,000 for it. It was a deal with a friend and they had other land and there was a trade, long story, nonetheless, it is nice and BIG. Made me that much more anxious.
Well, all the kids are awake so I'll go for now. Have a great day.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 09:37 AM   #10  
Walking away the weight

Liam is still asleep . . .

Deana- congrats on being Chariperson! I know it's probably a bit overwhelming, but I just know your boys will love that.

Spryng: !!!!! That's how excited I am the DH got that position! Awesome And I know you're going to get your job too . . . As for my plan- I was thinking it actually would be a really good plan for maintaintence, not merely losing weight. Anyway, here is a link to the book on Amazon, BUT, the most thorough review I've found is on 3fatchicks homepage here:

Michelle- wow! THe Redsox thing is pretty incredible. I do not follow sports much, but of course know all about the Curse, etc. How did you get to be a Redsox fan? I'm glad I'm not the only one acting like a little kid over Liam's Birthday Oh I can't wait to see pictures of the girls in their costumes - we should all post pics of our kids dressed up for Halloween.

Jaymi- I know you'll be having better days starting NOW!

Elisa- welcome!!! It's great to meet you. I'm Leigh, SAHM to a one year old named Liam. I've been married for 2 1/2 years to a wonderful DH. I look forward to getting to know you . . . what weight loss plan are you using? This is the SAHM thread- Michelle is trying out a new name for it.

Kathy- I'm doing the step plan See my links for Spryng in this post (above) and that will tell you a lot more about the program. I like it a lot so far. The main author was in charge of a big study of people who lost 30 lbs or more and kept it off for more than 6 years - through the study, he discovered some basic principles for losing weight and keeping it off. Anyway, it's a very simple, common sense type plan of burn more caloies (walking) than you consume.

Hi, Geri! No, not evil TOM!

Melissa- have a great workout!

Okay, gotta get Liam dressed and all . . .
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 09:38 AM   #11  
Walking away the weight

oops- I took so long to write, I missed some of your posts, but I'll reply to them later
Old 10-21-2004, 10:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Well I woke up to some bad new today. FIL had eye surgery the day before yesterday and then today he woke up delusional, saying strange things and doing strange things so MIL rushed him to the ER. Well it turnes out he has a fever and extreme pressure behind that eye so now they are rushing him to Kansas City (where his eye doctor is) to relieve the pressure or they say he can go blind permanently. Pretty scary for them all right now. Poor guy has been through so much. I hope he is back to normal by the end of the day. So I'm waiting by my phone for news on that.
So today I'll be sticking around the house for the most part. I have to take those movies back later. Probably after dinner tonight. DH is on his way back from florida so I'll see him saturday. I'm happy about that. So today I want to finish up my laundry and do some deep cleaning in my living room because SIL is going to come over tomorrow and help me rearrange it. I'm so tired of where everything in there is right now. Maybe I'll even paint it... Hmmm... I'll have to think about that. My furniture is a dark green and my entertainment center is oak, what wall color would look good in there? Right now it's white and I hate white walls. Maybe a tan or beige or something? What would be an easy wall treatment? Crystal, maybe you can help me with this?

Leigh, those links didn't show up, can you post them again for me? Have a great day today with Liam!!!

Crystal, no DH's new job position is not less pay, it pays the same he is making now but he'll get more miles per week so he'll actually make more. So no, I won't need this other job for me but it has GREAT health insurance and it is really affordable so I really need the job for that if nothing else. DH's company has bad coverage and costs way too much for family coverage. Dh is hoping I don't get hired, lol.. but I am hoping I do, one for the insurance and 2. I just want a change. I've been at home for years now (not that I am complaining because I love it) but it would be nice to have a good paying job with great benefits that gives me an added sense of accomplishment, you know? I just feel it's time. But either way I will be happy. I want to at least give this job a real shot though if I'm hired. The first 8-12 weeks will be training so I'll be sitting in a classroom everyday learning all about the insurance policies and forms and such, which I was told is a breeze. You basically get paid to sit all day. Plus the day you start you instantly get insurance coverage, 4 weeks paid vacation! and sick days, etc. So it's a great company and I would feel lucky if they chose me. And Tanner still has a runny nose today but he didn't cough or anything all night long. I was so glad he slept well. I'm feeling great too so I guess I fought that cold off! I'm so glad.

Michelle, want to know an old remedy that gets rid of sore throats?? Cayenne pepper. You make a warm cup of water and add some cayenne pepper (the powder kind) and drink it. It will burn on the sore throat but everything it burns it heals and your sore throat will be gone by the end of the day. I hope you feel better soon and so happy about your team!!! I don't follow any baseball but I know how dh feels when his football team wins so I'm happy for you!

Mel, you are so right, lol... I did have a hard time falling asleep last night. I just kept thinking about the future and how bright everything looks right now. I am very excited even though I'm trying to contain it, lol. And desperate housewives comes on sunday on ABC but there will be an encore of the episode from last sunday on this saturday on ABC. So check it out and let us know what you think! I think it's a great show and the woman with the 4 kids always cracks me up because it's very realistic, lol. I always think of Geri when I see her, lol.

Geri, hope you have a great day! Please come post again soon!

Kathy, no eating after 6 pm is a great goal! What are you up today?

Welcome Elisa!! I'm Spryng, mother of 3 (4,3,1) been married for 6 years now. I am on weight watchers and hit my goal weight back in april and have since been trying to get to my personal goal weight. What plan are you on? I hope to get to know you better so post often if you can!

OK, I need to get off here and start getting around. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:47 AM   #13  
Hip & fit but... chubby

Hi ladies! Thank you so much for all the welcome messages!

I'm on The Fat Flush Plan by AnnLouise Gittleman. I've had a lot of success with it, not just with weight/inch loss, but my skin is clearer, my nails are stronger, my hair is nicer... sometimes it's hard to stick to it, but overall it's a pretty workable plan.

I'm trying to progress well and not cheat at all because at the end of November my husband will takle me to London for a shopping spree, and I'd like to be as close as possible to my goal weight/size by then!
ElisaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:51 AM   #14  

I'm back for a few mins I just downed half a bottle of nyquil....not really....sure tasted like it though Bleeeccchhhhh!!

Spryng Are you just so excited to have dh home at night now? I can't believe it!! You are going to be so busy now!!

Kristin are you preg or not? lol I didn't know if you had heard from TOM or not and I may have missed that post.

Penny where are you?

Chris have a good day at work!

Ok I'm gonna go pass out in a Nyquil induced stupor!
Love to you all!!

Michelle
Old 10-21-2004, 11:19 AM   #15  
Walking away the weight

Eeek! I'm such a space cadet LOL! Spryng and Kathy I left out the links to the diet info!!! Well, here it is . . . review of diet: http://www.3fatchicks.com/fitness/st...ook-review.php and reviews on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...156256-5721667

And Spryng, the book comes with a pedometer, but it doesn't work very well. I have a pedometer I got at target that works extremely well (it was in the $12-$15 range - can't remember exactly). They explain in the book how to find the correct spot on your waistband for your pedometer - it's a bit different for everyone because it's based on your center of gravity. Anyway, you can test your McDonalds one out. The pedometer should be anywhere from 2 to 6 inches from your bellybutton. Walk about 10-20 steps and count them . . . check the pedometer - do this until you find the placement that counts your steps most accurately (the pedometer might be 1-3 steps off). Test the position by taking 20-50 steps - count your steps, check the pedometer and make sure it's really working well. I check mine periodically throughout the day as well just to make sure it's still accurately counting.

Michelle- Hope you're better soon. It seems like sickness is sweeping the country!

Chris- hope work goes well today.

Crystal- wow! That is a lot of space for just 3 people . . . sounds like a beautiful house though. I can tell how excited you are to get into the new place

Spryng- so sorry about FIL! My thoughts are with him and your family. I've never heard of the Cayenne pepper thing- I'll have to try it next time I have a sore throat.

Elisa- a shopping spree in London sounds like fun!

Okay - I have MORE laundry (I swear, it's insane. I told DH we need 3 washers and 3 dryers just to keep up around here). And I need to straighten up the kitchen too. Liam will be opening his gifts from us tonight rather than at his party. I guess I'll wait until mymother and sister get here, though.