View Poll Results: Do You Have Any Tatoos?
Yes...Only One 2 18.18%
Yes....More Than One 0 0%
No 7 63.64%
No...But I Would Like To Have One 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 07:56 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#10)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 10-18-2004, 09:00 AM   #2  
Losing it!

Shelley, I hope you can get your run in today and your father ends up getting dismissed from the hospital.

I'm keeping Allison home from school today. She fights asthma/allergies, we switched meds and now she is worse. I started the old stuff last night again and today I'm calling the doctor to see about another script. She coughed all night long even with all of the medicine.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:52 PM   #3  

Gayle I hope that with some rest Allison feels better. As for her poor little ankle I think that she will be needing a little extra TLC.

Sherry how is Wayne today? I was beginning to wonder where you were. I thought that you had just got to busy to post. I guess that he must be anxious but nervous to get this surgery over with. He is in my prayers. Are you rested up after your busy weekend? Remember to take care of Sherry.

Shelley any up date on your Dad? Was he able to leave the hospital? I am glad that he has been able to eat some food. I am glad that with the stress of having your Dad in the hospital that you went for your pedicure. You now have Princess Toes! We don't have Homecoming Dances here. I bet Becky looked like a Princess. It is amazing how quickly the kids grow up. My baby boy will be 21 tomorrow. I can hardly believe that Jason is that old.

Doni the pictures you posted are great. Is that a pickerel that Catigan has? She has beautiful hair. I love being by water. The creek looks like a nice and peaceful place. Yuck catfish. They are so ugly.

Well I am beat. I am going for a rest.
Hope that you all find a little something in the day to enjoy.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:54 PM   #4  

Debbie I meant to mention your hair. With all the grief that you had I am glad that you look younger. I hope that you like it even if it isn't what you wanted.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:38 PM   #5  

Debbie-Post a picture of your new "do".
Gayle-I hope Allison's asthma get under control with the old medicine.
Dee-I am so happy that you sound like the old Dee again. You must be feeling more back to normal!
My dad was released at 4 today. I just got a call from my mom saying they are home. I was getting worried, because I called home and the hospital with no answer, but they had stopped to pick up prescriptions.
Thanks everybody for your concerns!
Old 10-18-2004, 08:06 PM   #6  

I was just remembering this and wanted to share it with you: Twenty one years ago at this time of night I was being admitted in to the hospital in preparation for being induced tomorrow. I remember it clearly because I was scared and excited at the same time. That night once I was settled into the maternaty ward and met some of the nurses it was time for Larry to leave. It was around 10:00. I remeber not wanting him to leave me and I cried knowing that I would have to spend the night alone. I knew that he would be back by 8:00 am but just the seperation was hard for me. We had our baby boy the next evening and when it came time for him to go home I still cried. I felt so sad when he left me for the next 5 nights. Finally we were back together and a whole family.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:10 PM   #7  
Losing it!

Dee, tell Jason Happy birthday tomorrow! It's hard to believe they grow up so fast. I can still remember as vividly when Liz was born compared to the birth of Allison and there is 13 years difference!

Allison is better tonight, hopefully if she isn't running a fever, she can go to school tomorrow. The doctor prescribed the same stuff, so hopefully it will start working soon. I feel like all I've done is medicate her over the past week... one med for swelling of the ankle, another for pain of the ankle, one for coughing, one for allergies, one for fever, a nose spray for allergies. She's a walking, talking drug store!
Old 10-18-2004, 11:13 PM   #8  
Losing it!

Shelley: I'm glad your dad made it home!!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 11:36 AM   #9  

Dee, tell Jason happy birthday from me also. Today is my brother's birthday and this Saturday would have been my mother's.
I know I have a lot of catching up to do with everyone who is sick, has relatives who are ill or had bad hair days! I PROMISE I will do that this week.
Daniel came about as close to being killed over the weekend as you can without it actually happneing. He is ALWAYS the last vehicle in the convoy when they go out on night missions, which is every night. For some reason, he was switched to the lead vehicle on Sunday night. On that night, the last vehicle in the convoy was blown up by a roadside bomb. That was divine intervention, pure and simple. There is no other explanation as to why he would be moved on that particular night. Of course, that means that some other family is grieving today. He said the explosion lifted his vehicle off the ground and that they were having to dodge bullets while returing fire. All weekend long, I had a strange feeling of impending trouble. I guess a mother's intuition can't be dulled by mountains, seas, and miles.

I'll be back later......
Old 10-19-2004, 02:52 PM   #10  

Sheesh, Ramona!! My heart just about stopped beating when I read that post. Thank GOD Daniel is all right.

Is he under Ron Chastain's charge?
Old 10-19-2004, 03:11 PM   #11  

Ramona how fortunate Daniel is, it is a miracle that he is still alive. Mother's intution is stronger than distance. I had a feeling the evening Dez got stitches, that is she were to end up in emergency I wouldn't know til it is over. Weird because I never thought of that before. While your son is fighting a really war with really guns, my son is buying play guns and having pretend wars. I wish Daniel was playing with pretend guns. Our sons are the same age but years apart. I have a little boy and you have a hero that has witnessed a world of hate. My heart is heavy for you because of all that your sons have been through. Ramona thank you for wishing Jason happy birthday.

Gayle thank you for the birthday wish for Jason. It is amazing how we remember back so far for somethings and then can't remember last week. You are doing great on watching what you eat and exercising! Will you be going to any more craft sales this fall? Was Allison able to go to school todaY?

Sherry how is Wayne? Is he on a lot of pain killers? I guess he can't do much but rest.

Carol how are you feeling today? Are you doing ok with your eatting today?

Shelley how are your mom and dad making out? ARe you going out for a run today? Is everyone treating you ok at work?

Doni go girl go, you are on a roll. Keep up the workouts.

Debbie are you still alive? We haven't heard from you for awhile? Do you miss swimming? I always say to Larry when we close the pool up that it is like a funeral. We cover it with a dark cover and I miss it so much.

This morning I went with a girlfriend to a cottage crafty, antique sale. I think that I am going to buy a head board that has shelves on it with two little closed in cupboards. The kiky thing is it has a large oval mirrow adorned with frosted flowers around the edge. Going to ok it with Larry and then my girlfriend will pick it up for me.
For dinner tonigt Jason picked a meal of appetizers. He loves the ambiance we have when we do this. We play soft music, sampling one appetizer at a time by candle light. They are his favorites, he opted for that instead to a full course meal. I have most of it ready so I am going to take a little nap so that I will be able to sit for most of the meal. By 5:00 I have a really hard time coping with the pain and sitting is the worse position so this will be a challege because of the lenght of time that I will have to sit. I am going to lye down now for a rest.

Hope that you all have a nice day.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:52 PM   #12  

Ramona-Someone was looking over Daniel and your whole family last night. Thank God for this miracle.

Dee-I don't quite understand what you are saying about Jason. Is he buying real guns and collecting them? I'm not running today. I had my hair cut. I'll run tomorrow, God willing! Dad is doing great and goes to the Dr. on Thursday.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:34 PM   #13  

Shelley we have very stricked gun laws here in Canada. The only time you can have one is if you are a hunter or possible a farmer and you get a permit. Jason is buying plastic toy guns that shoot plastic pelets or the mini paint bombs, with red lazer lights. He has the army clothes, trip lines and kid things. He plays with Ashley (his girlfriends) younger brother and a few of her cousins. When they are up at the lake it is their past time in the trees. When he was younger I never allowed guns or for him to make them out of lego or anything like that. Being that I had a day care it wasn't allowed and I didn't approve. Now that he is an adult he felt he was deprived and is playing pretend like a little boy. Stranger for someone his age but I understand where he is coming from. How many 21 year olds would be into plastic play guns?
How short is your hair? I just love your natural curls. I have body but not as much curls as you have. I am glad that your dad is doing great. Enjoy your run tomorrow. I had to much dinner so I think that I will go for a short walk in the rain. I didn't do much for exercise today.
Jason and Ashley enjoyed their romantic meal. We had a really good time. They don't eat meals with us except on special occassions so it is a treat to have them. Glad it isn't daily. Ever since we kicked Jay out when he was 18 for that short time he has chosen to eat at Ashleys. If they are going to eat here the rule is let me know the day before and they have to help prepare the meal or set the table and do dishes. What a meany I am. Same goes for Dez. No freebees here.

Well off for a little walk. Have a good evening.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:25 PM   #14  

Thank you all for your good thoughts. I pretty much go through my days numb right now, knowing that anything could happen at any time. I just have to have faith and belive that everything will be okay.

Shelley, I'm so glad your dad was realeased from the hospital. I hope this will take care of the problem and he won't have any more relapses. Let us see a picture of your hair!

Sherry, how is Wayne's knee? I don't personally know the pain he is in, but Rick has had 4 knee surgeries, so I can sympathize with you. How are you feeling? Are you taking better care of yourself????

Carol, how are you feeling today? I hope someone will come up with a drug that will help you and ease your pain. I'm thinking about you and wishing you well.

Dee, the headboard sounds fascinating. Your "little" dinners amaze me. You always create such a wonderful production out of every occasion. I do good just to get a meal on the table!

Debbie, are you still liking the "new you"? I bet you've had a lot of postive comments on the new color. Sometimes change is good, it sparks the creative, impulsive part inside of us.

Doni, I enjoyed the pictures you posted of your daughter and her little friend. They looked like they were having a wonderful time!

Gayle, how is Allison today? Was she able to go to school? I hope you are staying OP because I haven't been so good this week!!

Cheryl, can you believe this weather??? I spent Saturday getting out the winter clothes and today it was 90 degrees with tornado watches! Sheesh!!!

Vicki, how are all the little ones doing? Are you still scrapbooking?

My sister-in-law had us over tonight for my brother's birthday. She made an Italian Creme Cake and it was soooooooooo yummy! Just what I needed!!!

I wish you all a good evening with sweet dreams.....
Old 10-19-2004, 11:22 PM   #15  
Losing it!

Dee, what wonderful words you wrote to Ramona. It's truly sad that we have "children" fighting this war. They will never be the same from the experience and they are instantly becoming adults overnight. It's also true: They are all hero's!
Gosh, you probably laugh when you read my food logging! I'm lucky to get one thing made, let alone a full course meal! I do LOVE reading about your life...you are the princess on this board.

Shelley: Post a picture!!!!!!!!! I wanna see!!!!!!

Ramona, sweetie, try to relax if you can. I know right now you are constantly on pins and needles worrying about the boys. I continue to pray daily for their safety and for you to have some peace of mind. The cake sounds heavenly!
Can you believe it? I am still OP!

Allison is better tonight. Thanks to all of you for your concern. Hopefully, she will be as good as new soon! I didn't wrap her ankle up today for school and she seemed to get along with it ok, and her cough is sooooooo much better! The prescription she uses runs $80.00 per month, but is sooooooooo worth it! I learned a very valuable lesson, I thought I could get away using over the counter meds and I only made it worse for the little turkey.
Closed Thread