View Poll Results: How Many Pillows Do You Sleep With?
1 4 40.00%
2 3 30.00%
3 2 20.00%
4 1 10.00%
5 0 0%
6 Or More 0 0%
None 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 08:21 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#9)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 10-13-2004, 09:57 AM   #2  
Losing it!

Debbie, it sounds like the girl didn't let your hair process out long enough if it is still at the orange stage. You SHOULD be able to find someone that may be able to continue the process. Did she pull your hair through a frosting cap? If so, it will be VERY diificult for ANYONE to duplicate and pull the same strands again. Your best bet may be to go with just a solid hair color for awhile and not do the highlights right now. Of course it's hard to say until someone can actually see the hair. PLEASE deep condition your hair! With all the chemicals on it, it will be very porous!!! GOOD LUCK!
Old 10-13-2004, 06:17 PM   #3  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Well another day at the hair salon!! LOL

Gayle....I went today to try and fix the damage. The guy today said that too dark of a base was put on my hair. He said like a permanant marker..LOL. Well anyway it can't be processed back very light without stripping my hair, which I didn't want. He did get all the orange and pink out of though!!
SO...now I have dark hair for the winter with a few highlights around my face. It's 100 % better than yesterday and I can live with it now.
One thing for sure....I sure have an expenive hair do!!
Old 10-14-2004, 07:29 AM   #4  
Carol

Good Morning Everyone. Hope this day finds everyone reasonably healthy and happy!!!

Debbie: I am glad you got your hair back to a suitable color, athough it is a shame it ended up costing you so much. How are your sinuses doing? Are you feeling better? Have you got the sugar monster under control?

Sherry: I voted for one pillow, but it has to be a very thin one. I can't stand the thick ones.. I wake up with my neck hurting. How did you do staying OP yesterday?

How about you Gayle? Is hiding all those goodies from sight helping?

How did everyone else do staying OP. We can do this. together..

I made it through day 2 OP and now am shooting for day 3. Come join me ladies. We can do this together!!!

Have a wonderful day girls!!

Last edited by Carol101; 10-14-2004 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:36 AM   #5  
Losing it!

Great job staying OP Carol!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!
Hiding the snacks helps me sooooooooooooo much! Even though I know they are there, it helps having them boxed away. YES! I'm staying OP! AMAZING, huh????

Deb, glad your hair is back to some-what normal. Sounds like she used a very dark toner and your hair really grabbed the color. We had to strip Liz's hair about 1 year ago... she experimented too much! :-)
Old 10-14-2004, 05:48 PM   #6  

Debbie I am sorry that you had to go through so much trouble with your hair. I am glad that you are happy with it now.

Shelley are you feeling better today? I am going to post on the exercise thread after I post here.

Carol that is good that you are eatting healthy. It makes us feel so much better when we are in ccontrol. How is the pain today?

Gayle alright girl, you are doing it. I have been careful with what I am eatting too! I will see how I have done in a few days.

Gee I know what it is like for Larry to type with 9 fingers. I cut my finger at the tip on a can and I can't use it. Larry cut off part of his finger off, I am not even sure if he uses the stub or just the other fingers.

Ok ladies, if I can exercise so can you! Why not match me mile for mile this month? I am going to count every 20 minutes of exercise as a mile. The chalenge is on. Hope to see you post on the exercise thread. Debbie and Sherry if you still have your membership at the YMCA it is wasting, we want you wasting.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:50 PM   #7  
Losing it!

I may just join you guys over on the exercise thread soon. I'm working on taking baby steps and forming into a healthy habit. This week I've concentrated on journaling and making sure I post on the food thread. I just checked, I journaled and stayed OP 7 days in a row now! YIPPEEE-YI-YAYYYY!!!!
Old 10-14-2004, 11:52 PM   #8  
Losing it!

Dee, take care of the finger!
Old 10-15-2004, 06:51 AM   #9  
Carol

Good Morning Ladies:

Dee:
Oh, I bet that smarted when you cut your finger. Take care of it. You don't want it to get infected.

Gayle: WTG!!! 7 wonderful days in control and journaling too.
I am so proud of you. Your doing a great job!!! Keep it up.

I am on day 4 now. I made it through 3 whole days and counting. More days means less of me!!! WooHoo...

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 10-15-2004, 06:53 AM   #10  

Good going Gayle and Dee!!

I'm off today, a teacher duty day and was told I didn't have to report in. Yay!! I'm gonna try to get my long run in today because Sat morning a friend and I are going for a pedicure (a late birthday present to me from her.) I have been feeling much better, but now Patty has it. She had no voice yesterday. She's not up yet, so I don't know how she is today.
Did I tell you girls about the irate parent we had the other day? It was horrible and now she is not allowed on the property at all. I won't go into details on here, but it was a very unpleasant situation!
One of Becky's friends' mom was killed the day before yesterday. She ran into a tree. 45 years old. She used to take Hebrew lessons with me. You never know when your day has come, so live each day to the fullest!
Old 10-15-2004, 07:20 AM   #11  
Carol

Shelley: That irate parent must have been pretty bad if she is no longer allowed on the property!! Wow. The things you must have to endure.... I am sorry to hear about Becky's friend's mom. That has to be rough. You are right, we must live our days as if they might be our last because you never know. Have fun with your friend and getting your pedicure!! Glad to hear you are feeling better. I hope Becky is better too! Have a wonderful day!
Old 10-15-2004, 09:24 AM   #12  
Losing it!

So nice to come here this morning and see a few postings!!!!!

Great job Carol staying OP!!!!!!!!!!

Shelley, so sorry to hear about the mother. Are there other children besides the young girl? How truly sad... I agree, we need to make the most of what we have while we can. I hope Patty is feeling better today!

I'm staying OP! I worried this week because Steve was out of town for most of it. I tend to blow my eating plan with the girls. Last night Liz hinted how I usually take them out to eat one time while their dad is gone. I gave her the money and had her drive through somewhere for the two them. I had a nice, huge diet pop. :-)
Old 10-15-2004, 05:05 PM   #13  

Gayle you are doing great. It has been awhile since you have been on program that long. I hope to see you on the exercise thread soon. I know you can do it. I am sending strength your way to stay on plan.

Carol keep going. You are doing a wonderful job. That will be nice to see less of you and I don't mean by posting.

Shelley that is so sad for Becky's friends family. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. Now to get the rest of the family better. Your job does entale quit a bit of variety and stress. I hope that you will not have to deal with that parent again. Hoe do you like it now that Mike is working. Are you cooking the dinners?

We got the message last night that you never want to ever get at 4:15 am. Dez tex messaged us that she was in the hospital. My heart just about stopped when I heard that. When we finally got to talk to her she told us that she was at the universitys bar. It is a small town so don't worry about the bar. She had a few drinks and the bar was crowded. Friends called her over from across the room. As she made her way over she fell on her butt (nothing abnormal about that because she is a clutz) not knowing that there was a broken beer bottle on the floor. She ended up falling right on it. She said that it felt wet and sort of hurt but wasn't sure what happenned. She didn't think that it was a big deal until she felt with her fingers and her finger went into a hole up to the second knuckle. She asked on of her friends to check it to see if she needed to go to the hospital. When her friend seen it she yelled on my God and just about passed out. It was bad. She had two punctures and it was gushing blood. The most sober person out of the group decided to drive her friends car. One of the guys gave Dez their shirt because it was bleeding so bad and to prevent the car from getting full of blood. They got lost on the way and it took longer than it should have. She had to get a tetnus shot, and a antibiotic shot. When the doctor seen it she needed to clean it out alot because it had a lot of glass and jean matterial in it. She ended up with five stitches and sore butt. The moral of the story is if you don't want to elavate your butt to the world watch where you park it. Poor kid.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:07 PM   #14  
Losing it!

Dee, tell Dez she gives new meaning to the expression "pain in the butt"!!!!
Thank goodness she is ok, it could of been so much worse if she fell just right getting an arm or a leg. The puncture must of been fairly big to require 5 stitches. I hope she's back to normal soon! OUCH!!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2004, 11:05 PM   #15  
Losing it!

Dee & Shelley swayed me over to the exercise board. Please join in! These two gals are AWESOME!

Have you guys heard of a new reality show on Bravo called Manhunt? It's about the search for a male supermodel. Our little neighbor kid grew up and is one of the contestants! His name is Tate, you can go to bravo.com, click on the show and then click on models, you can pull each one of the contestants up and read their bio.
Closed Thread