Old 10-14-2004, 08:35 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Chit Chat #83

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group who share all the ups and downs of our daily lives... not just weight loss. Won't you join us?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:00 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good Thursday morning, ladies!

Marti - yep, we'll take lots of photos at Disney World! Oh, you're gonna love the smoothie maker! They are built differently than a blender and I wish I had bought one when they were on sale. Remember all the fruit smoothies I had last summer, lol? Hope you get some rest this weekend!

Katy - glad you're making progress with your arm in PT. Hey, you can always fly to Indiana and see me! I'd love to meet you, and all the JLs. I had to giggle about Miss Leigh's Lady Godiva routine, lol. What a cutie-pie! How're the classes going?

Cristi - yikes! Hope your arm is better after holding the phone for so long! About your friend Lourdes, if you aren't comfortable going around Thanksgiving, you could postpone it until a better time. I'm sure she would understand, and then you wouldn't have to worry about leaving during the holidays. Love her name, btw.

Sue - glad you got a good report on your MRI. That makes you breathe a sigh of relief, I imagine.

Angie - you want me to be crazy, immature and take lots of pictures? Well, sure! Why should I act any differently than any other day, lol!

Hi also to Mindee, Jen, Susan, Shanna, Ellen, Julie, Kathy, Katiecat, and anyone else reading this.

Yesterday I went to the bank (finally) for some traveler's cheques, called Tiffany Town Cars to confirm our ride from the airport in Orlando to the resort. Also called the resort to confirm some things with our rooms (4 of them!) and it's a good thing I did... the people at the front desk at Pop Century didn't have some of the info correct. This will save time when we check in. Also began to pack. The only thing I'm carrying onto the plane is my purse. That will give me 2 free hands for grandkids!

It's doubtful that I'll be able to post again before we take off.... so ...toodles! Look for a postcard from me..... love you guys!!!!

Leave the light on for me...
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 03:12 PM   #3  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Jana~ Have fun on your trip!!!!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:58 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hi Ladies~

Getting on later than usual today-better late than never though I guess. Not sure what the heck is going on but I was so tired. Took V to work this morning, came back had breakfast at 4:30 am and watched the end of a movie then passed out. I slept till noon! What's funny is it actually felt good and I awoke very rested. Needless to say didn't get anything done. Had planned on going to the new Super Target to check it out and possibly buy a new crock pot. Forgot to look at Wal-Mart while there yesterday-DUH! Anyway...

Jane~have a safe and fun trip! Look forward to seeing photos when you guys get back. About Lourdes, she doesn't mind at all if I change the date. I told her Carrie and I are going to CA next summer and if I didn't make it to see her in Nov. then we definitely would get together then. Of course that is enough notice that she can work around her schedule and not actually schedule any work then. I wouldn't actually be gone for Thanksgiving but still it is too close to the Holidays I think. Right now though it is still up in the air but I have to let her know something by the end of Oct. I ment to mention, that I saw on the news about a recall on Dodge/Chrysler mini-vans, something to do with the air bag couldn't remember the year models but I thought of you and thought I would mention it. Apparently some people have been hurt by them going off and not by being in a wreck.

Marti~a smoothie maker would be so cool! I need to get one. I like to have one for breakfast sometimes and our blender is so stinking old I think they would be better made in a smoothie maker. How is work coming along?

Hi Mindee~what's up with you girly? How's little Brandon getting along? Learn anything new today? I love them when they are that age, learning and discovering new things all the time.

Angie~no it wouldn't be at Thanksgiving time although it would be nice if both families could get together. Her and her family are my family and vice versa. I have known her since our girls were 2 yrs. old and they will both be 21 in January. Their birthdays are 2 weeks apart. But I have spent loads and loads of time with her and her family as they have with us.

Sue~glad the MRI results were fine. Hopefully you never have to have another.

Okay, can't remember who else posted last on Chit Chat #82 but HI to everyone else! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. I am so enjoying this weather. It is a bit nippy with the wind but I love it! Take care ladies. See ya later
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 12:15 AM   #5  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Cristi, I drive a Dodge mini van.....can you find out what year?
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 12:31 AM   #6  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I wish I was with Jane and the family! Whos with me on this?

Katy does your DS love Star Wars? Was at Wally's today and was thinking of buying some yarn,,,I do know how to crochet, granny squares have nothing on me...can even do a *ribbon* affect for the trim, but can't follow a book if me life depended on it. What I know was taught to me hands on.

Crisit, a new Super Target? oooo would love to have one of them here. As for the crock pot love mine,,infact I have two, one small round great for veggies, and a huge oval great for roasts. I woke up early this morning and did some work on the scheduling for the theatre. again...lol
But wished I could of come home to take a nap. I had a brunch date with a couple of ladies from work then off to a nail appointment then to chase down a guy ,,,literally...lol This guy has been avoiding getting handed is legal docs. CAme home took some advil,,,splitting headache,,,infact my whole body aches...weather change. Went grocery shopping, did some banking, ate a egg sandwish at off to football.
I wanted to go shoe shopping and grab a Starbucks fancy hot drink and do NOTHING! Sleep or watch a movie....
Football was good tonight, Tanner was switched to the other side, so he won't have to deal with the bully. The kid who does is bigger and pushed back more then got pushed.
Well I need to get to bed. Should fold clothes but ahhh i can wait.
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 12:37 AM   #7  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies…..how are you all doing?

Nothing really new around here. Still working on getting him to roll over. He will get as far as he can on his side on his own, but then his shoulders stop him and he ends up back on his back. We are also working on what looks like a mouthful of teeth. His bottom gums are really puffy and white, so any day now we will see some more teeth. The question of the day is just how many exactly?

Well, my lovely MIL is at it again! When Brandon was in the hospital in June, and I was worried for him and under my breath beating myself up, she was going around and telling everyone that I was the reason he was in there. She was telling everyone that it was because I was too lazy to get out of bed to take care of him. Needless to say, I am fuming and as far as I am concerned, he only has one grandma…..MY MOM! She has, any chance she can, made fun of/put down and God knows what else, about me or my mom. And frankly, I am GLAD that this year we are doing things with MY family. Because as far as I am concerned…..she doesn’t exist!

Oh and another thing. When Brandon was born and we got his hospital pictures. I made sure that my family got pictures and then I distributed the rest of the pictures on my hubby’s side. Well, we ran out before Tommy’s sister Kim and Tommy’s brother Tim could get one. His mom has been hanging that over our heads since we gave them out. Well, you know what….they are NOT getting any when I get Brandon’s pictures from my mom. My mom told me that she was getting Brandon’s pictures done, and they were NOT for my MIL. My MIL should consider herself lucky that I gave her new brag pictures.

Does all that make me sound like a real witch? (you know what word I wanted to put, but can’t) I am right, for thinking that? Am I doing the right thing?

Cristi~ I am doing good. I am right now in the beginning stages of trying to figure out how to make an animated siggy. So far, I am downloading a 30 day trial of Paint Shop Pro 9. Brandon is doing great! He is growing every day! Yesterday I put him on the floor in the middle of a blanket, and through the course of me eating my lunch and watching him, he almost made it to our fireplace. Thankfully it wasn’t on. But before he did all that moving around, he was licking the bottom of his Halloween Pooh’s foot. Then he picked up his Halloween Pooh and was talking/yelling/licking it.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 09:57 AM   #8  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning ladies--

I'm not feeling to good this morning, and wasn't feeling good yesterday either, I may be coming down w/something. Seems like everyone at work is sick!

Just wanted to pop in and say good morning to you all and let you know that I'm thinking of you, not ignoring. Just don't feel good.

I will do individuals when I feel better.

Have a Great Weekend!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 03:10 PM   #9  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hi Ladies~

Angie~yes I am with you on being with Jane and family in FL. Wouldn't that be so much fun! I will find out about the mini-vans for some reason I am thinking it was the '96-2000 models but can't say for sure. I did manage to find a crock pot and one that the bowl comes out. I have a small one DS bought me a few years ago, but the pot doesn't come out and it was kind of a pain to clean. Since I found one cheap I also bought a smoothie maker. It's just a small one that makes an individual smoothie which is fine because I can keep it on the counter and I only make one at a time anyway. Glad Tanner doesn't have to play with the bully anymore.

Mindee~I don't think you are being a witch. Not sure what is up with some in-laws. I think what she is doing is wrong and I do know how you feel as we are on the outs with ours from all that went on. From day one they were idiots and I finally had enough. They were addressing me most of the time and so I addressed them which I always heard that the hubby should be the one to deal with them-oh well. Even after the way they carried on I still sent cards to them for the holidays because I don't hold grudges, but then the Aunt got a wild hair and thought she would start some more trouble. The thing is the whole family hates me and my kids and I haven't even met the ones who are starting the trouble. So DH had his say and that was that. You want to know what she had to say was the reason for all this nonsense? And what have I done? She said because "Her (meaning me) kids won't talk to us" He said what? That is all she had to say, which by the way is a lie. I haven't spoken to them at all and neither has DH, of course they don't speak to us either so...that was 2 years ago I believe. We don't see them as we are never invited to anything and they live about 1 1/2 hrs. away. Regardless of what I have done good to straighten things out it doesn't matter-good or bad they are going to talk so they can talk all they want. The way I see it, grandparents or not there is no need for the negativity in ones life-it's totally uncalled for. Families are supposed to pull together not divide one another. I think you have to do what is right for your family and not worry about what they are doing or saying otherwise it will drive you crazy. Anyway, I hope you figure out what to do about it and not let it drive you mad.

Marti~sorry to hear you aren't feeling so great. I know DS has a cold and missed school three nights this week. He had to go to work because he is the manager but school, as long as he gets his work turned in he is fine. And as long as he doesn't miss too many days. Anyway, you take care of yourself and get some rest.

A big HELLO to everyone else, Kathy, Katie, Katy, Julie, Jen, Shanna, Sue, Susan, Sam, Ellen and anyone I may have missed. I always feel like I have missed someone. Our group has grown so much it is hard to keep track some days.

Well, I made it to the super Target and must say it is nice. Being so used to buying groceries at Wal-Mart I forgot about it or I would have bought them there, maybe next week. It is nice and big and clean, so is Wal-Mart though. Also, had to go get my tags for my car this morning. Geez, what a hassle but it is taken care of. It was only a hassle because we didn't pay for the tags on the old car (they weren't expired yet) before trading it in and I have personlized tags that I wanted to keep. Can't wait to use the smoothie maker and crock pot. I'm like a little kid with a new toy-LOL Anyway, that's about all I have. Take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 06:32 PM   #10  
kitty Momo

Just wanting to say hello.

Hope you ahve a safe trip Jane

Hope you feel better Marti

Busy. Payday, and bill paying day.......money comes and goes...lol

Talked with my sweetie most every night,he calls me in the morning ...chatter, chatter...

17 days to go, not that I am counting --lol

he was talking and we lost connection. When it cleared he said " you probably didn't hear any of that??"
I said........."sure...you were saying when I get off the plane you will slip a diamond ring on my finger, propose marriage and all"...

I was joking...

but he said in a quite voice....."don't think I haven't thought about that"....

lol..............so romantic, what a sucker I am .

He is picking me up with his son that day. Plan to take time during the week to drive across to Kona and spend the night there with his son in tow of course.

getting excited,,,,,need to pack!!! lol
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 10:47 AM   #11  
a work in progress

Default Happy Saturday, JL's :)

Hey everybody...it never fails, I'm gone for a few days, and it takes me and hour to read through everything and catch up!

Waaaaaaaaaaahhhh...I wanna be at Disneyworld with Jaaaaaannnnneeee! OK...I threw my little fit, but it didn't help. I'm still not at Disneyworld! *sigh* Oh well, I bet she's having a wonderful time with her family

We just printed out our Disneyland trip pics from our digital camera and I've been having a blast doing the scrapbook pages...I think I spent over $40 on Disney scrapbook paper and stickers and stuff, but it's so much fun...and it's like re-living the trip when we look through the pages. I can't wait to go back!

Susan, Rocky sounds like a really nice guy...I'm sure you'll be on pins and needles until you leave. It means a lot that you talked to someone else who met him in person and said they really like him. I think I told you that I met my husband on the internet, and we've been married 4 1/2 years...so it certainly can happen Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Marti, Jhanai's costume should be fun to put together...I liked Angie's idea for teasing up Jhanai's hair and spraying it. I have really thick curly hair that won't behave, and I always wanted to tease it up and go as the Bride of Frankenstein, but never did. Tim and I got invited to a Halloween party, but I don't know if I can convince him to go -- he loves Halloween, but hates parties, especially if he won't know people there. But we thought about dressing up as a devil and an angel and going as a Conscience We like to get those pumpkin carving pattern books and carve up really elaborate pumpkins, and he makes this great hot spiced cider...

We usually go up to Apple Hill in the fall, and hoped to get our pumpkins and cider there, but there are terrible fires up there right now and the freeway is closed I don't think Apple Hill has been directly affected, but a lot of the surrounding area has.

http://www.thekcrachannel.com/news/3825615/detail.html

It's been so smoky the last few days that it's been hard to breathe -- two days ago it was horrible...the sun was RED. We need rain, desperately, to help the firefighters and to clean out the air. The good news is that they seem to be getting the fires under control. I woke up about 6am this morning, and it was still dark and I could see Venus in the sky -- so maybe the air will be clearer today.

My latest crusade... Target has announced that they will not allow the Salvation Army bellringers in front of their stores this year -- to enforce their "no-solicitation" policy, and provide a "distraction-free shopping environment" for their customers. Shame on them! Maybe we need a little distraction from "buy buy buy spend spend spend" during this holiday season. A lot of families won't have a turkey on the table this season, or coats or shoes for their kids, or a couple of toys or a tree without the Salvation Army. They even have funds to help pay utility bills so people can keep their lights on or get them restored if they've been disconnected for non-payment. I tried writing a couple of letters to Target, and only got one canned "cookie-cutter" response so far. This year I'm writing a check to Salvation Army to make up for the change they won't be getting from me in front of Target, and I'm encouraging everyone I know to do the same...even if it's just a little bit, it would really help.

My 18 year old son has a learner's permit, and yesterday was the first day he'd ever driven my car (and only about his 4th time behind the wheel total), and his first time in "real" traffic -- before it's always been at night, and on neighborhood streets. He had just passed a large truck, so we could get in the left turn lane and go home, and I looked over at the speedometer and said, "Mike, that was fine, but you sped up when you passed him and need to slow it down...it's about 45 on this stretch of road here," and I swear as soon as those words left my mouth, a cop pulled him over! Mike was polite and apologetic, we explained he'd never driven my car or in traffic before, showed the cop his learner's permit -- and the jerk still wrote him a ticket! That was really rotten. I'll take him to traffic court -- if he gets a fair judge , they will just dismiss it, but I told Mike worst case scenario, he'll have to pay the full fine, and pay for traffic school, but then it would be totally wiped off his record. Still, that's so unfair! grrrrrrrrr....

Anyway ladies...hello to all the rest of you! This is getting tooooooo long, and Tim just made coffee Have a great day!
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 01:19 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

Good Morning-

Weigh in at 141 pounds,........woooooohoooo

Volleyball game for Rebecca.

Tons to do!!! HI Katie

Thanks. I always liked him - he was always so sweet and funny. Cared about everyone.
Offered to send one member of our parents group money for medication that they needed - cause they had no insurance.....he is really a very kind man.
Can just tell that by talking with him and of course I respect the lady that actually met him.
She is a tough lady that takes karate lessons - independent as nails....but she gushes about him, what a sweet man and wonderful father he is...and I hear his son in the background...and he sounds like a doll...and the way they talk to each other is nice......lol

anyway,,,,,,,,,,,,,I can't wait to meet him

better run....
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 01:44 PM   #13  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Merry Christmas Ladies.

Angie how are you enjoying the snow? We have about 2 feet of the white stuff here. No end in sight.

I want to be in Disneyworld too. Especially in the nice warm sunshine.

Katie, I will gladly join your crusade. The Salvation Army and Red Cross help out so many families that they need high traffic locations. Maybe we should start sending letters that if they can't stand there to get donations, the store should donate a large $ amount to make up for lost money.

Susan honey, I think that it would be in your best interest if I go first and check him out to make sure he is all right for you. I am sure that he can pay for 2 tickets I'll start packing. Only 16 more sleeps.

Marti how are you feeling today? I hope that you are better. How is the Halloween costume coming along? Cole (just had his 2nd birthday in the 14th) will be riding in his first horse show on the 30th so we have to come up with a costume for him. Either Zorro King Arthur and we will dress up the horse also. What is the difference between a smoothie maker and a blender?

Mindee sorry about the MIL. Why was Brandon in the hospital? He certainly sounds like he is doing very well. How do I get to his website to see his pictures?

Cristina I am glad that you had a sleep in. You must have needed it. Target is trying to buy up a franchise in Canada so that we will have Target also to compete with wally world. Is Target a great store also? I don't know if it is Zellers or the Bay they are trying to buy. Angie do you know?

Hello to Ellen, Jen, Sam, Julie, Katy, Shanna, Sue,

We are in the process of buying our new acreage. We have agreed on a price and are waiting for a well flo test, and a compliance letter from the county to say all is well with the septic and then in one month we should be moving. I am so excited. So much to do in such a short time.

Well I must run and go and find some boxes and start packing.

Have a great Saturday. I will be envious of you all in your warm weather. Winter has hit us I am sad to say.

Kathy
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 01:44 PM   #14  
self portrait

Default The most MIA I have ever been!!!!

AAAAAAAHHHH i don't like to be this long with coming in here to at least read and post a little. But I am still alive, ( barely) and kicking and screaming my way thru the endless weeks. The stress of school and homework and job hunting and feeling alone as definitely taken its toll on me. I have been sick for about two weeks now and am finally stopped coughing so much and my nose got tired of running, so it is resting finally. Now I am dealing with the exhaustion of being stressed all the time and not getting the sleep i need and just everything. I feel like the biggest idiot here, I don't know how many times I come home from school and just cry and even get misty at school with the frustration of feeling like a moron and that I will never get anything right. I swear i live at Lane community college. I have no life, no one to talk to and spend all my time doing homework, being by myself and sleeping. Not a fun life. I have an interview today with a place I don't want to work for, I just applied since it was in the paper. I don't know how I am going to add a part time job to my day. who knows when I will sleep now. Uggghhh.

I wish I was with jana on vacation. My boyfriends sister and here husband are on their way to Maui now, I am soo jealous, as is my sweetie. WE just feel the need to get away and we both don't have a break from school until the second week in December. WE both are so stressed of school and money troubles. Will this madness never end. LOL

Marti: Hope you are feeling better, haven't heard from you in a while, thought you may have dropped off the face of the earth or I have to come on here to here about your life. A sickness is going around, drink lots of green tea and take some zinc with vitamin c and keep hydrated and sleep and relax on the couch. Make your man take care of you.

Susan: Waaahhhh!! I want to weigh 141 pounds. I need some of that Portland water or something. hee hee

Katiecat: I wish i had kids or a halloween party to go to. I love halloween, my house it all decked out for the tricker treaters and I am dressing up my Baby boy cat for halloween and taking pictures with the decorations. Should be cute, I will share when I get the pictures. He is sooo cute in his Witches hat. I put it on my other cat never guessing she would actually keep it on or allow it. Me and my sweetie were laughing until tears were rolling down our faces because not only did she keep it on, but she was frozen. She was not moving until I took it off. HAA HA HA HA LOL I am with you with Target, that is BS, I don't really count that as solicitation, it is charity. I always give spare change to them, I mean I may be bad off and not be having a christmas this year because I don't have any money, but there are tons of people worse off than me. I better add Target to my list of Boycott places, right along with Petco, KFC, Iams, Emril Lagasse, etc. Targets are poopiheads. Harrumph!!!

Well, on a happy note, I have had a Hideous crivers license picture, just ask marti, that was when I was at my fattest when i was married to that bad abuser man and it has coused me embarrasment for years. I have been too lazy to get a new one, so I have had it for about 9 years and have had people laugh at it, my mom and boyfriend included and even people at the store or bar that I have to show my age. They also look at me and the picture a few times as if to say , this is you?? This doesn't lool like you. Well, after having two of the young little girls in my program see it and say it totally doesn't look like me and it was horrid and I should get another one, I finally did it. Probablt the only time I have been to the DMV and out in less than 10 minutes, some kind of miracle I am sure and something else to tell me that is what I needed to do. The two girls saw the new on and were raving about it, i still don't love it, but it looks much better and my face looks soooo slim. I am proud of that, but it must be a distorted pic because i swear my face looks fatter than that, but I am going to take it. LOL So that is the only good thing going on in my life now.
Well I hope this long thing make sup for being gone so long. Hi to every other Jaded lady that I missed in my novel. I am thinking of each and everyone of you every day, no fooling. I miss you all, Until next time.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 02:58 PM   #15  
RosieKate

OOhh I can't keep up any more...

Just got back from soccer game, kids are screaming, shoulder is throbbing - and I need WAY more coffee. Good new, though, I took the kids to Burgerville for lunch after the game and I ordered the salmon salad - Yay. Usually I slip up and indulge in the Pepper Bacon Cheeseburger - and yes it is every bit as sinful as it sounds. I do that once or twice a year - it really tough when the Walla Walla Sweet Onion rings are in season - I'm doomed.

I ended up at urgent care last night in tears over my painful shoulder, the last two weeks of PT have been working on a different part of my shoulder and it just got to the point where I couldn't get my hands up to take off my shirt or even hold something in that hand without shooting pain down my arm. Well, the doc diagnosed me with impingement, I got a better anti- inflammatory and new exercises and was sent on my way. I'm not supposed to lift my daughter, don't know how I am going to eliminate that completely but I'll have to try. The constant pain is really starting wear on me -

I have to get - need to settle these kids down and I have to catch up on my class...
Susan - Not much longer.... I have several friends who have met their sweeties online and this situation sounds great - you've known him for along time via this parent group...the whole thing sounds very romantic

Shanna - you hang in there, winter break is closer than you think then you'll get a little break and can regroup. As far as the ID goes, at least clerks are still asking you for yours It's been so long since I was carded its emabrassing - not the sweet young thing I used to be.... So when you gonna post this gorgeous picture so we can all oohh and ahh?

Kathy - congrats on your new acreage - hope all the tests come back ok

Katiecat - I'm sure target is besieged about this so hopefullythey will change their stance. I'm right there with you on your crusade - I like Target, but not that much...it'll be easy enough to stay away until they change.

Angie - my whole family loves Star Wars - and yes that means me ,too. My two year old was humming the theme song in car this very morning on the way home from the soccer game. We are hopeless nerds!

Cristina and Mindee - so sorry the ILs are so rough on you. I do think you both have set some real reasonable boundaries so what can you do? Some people just like to cause trouble. I'm afraid there are members of my family who would fall into this category, but I don't live in the same town and I don't get involved in any family dramas so my little immediate family manages to stay above the fray and on everyone's good side for the most part. I love my paternal grandmother very much, but she does like to stir the pot and admits up front she has never liked any of her SILs or DILs... Like I said, love her dearly - she's been a great grandma to me but I wouldn't want her for a MIL if my life depended on it.

Hello to anyone I missed! Hope everyone is having a great weekend
Katy