General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-13-2004, 11:13 PM   #1  

Smile new to this forum

hi there! Im new to this particular forum and wanted to say hi.
My whole life I ate a low fat diet...but the past few years (im 30) i've been more...umm..generous with the sweet, high fat rich stuff that I use to never eat I did South Beach for a while, which worked well and helped motivate me...but I found it hard to maintain. (I have a small goal of @10 pounds...and just general toning up.)
Anyhow now here I am, back to what I know...low fat, high fiber diet and a lot of exercise. I guess I dont even see it as a diet really as much as a life style choice. I have a bad stomach, so high fiber stuff is great for me....and I have a bad back, so exercise is crucial....of course, motivating to keep these issues at bay is not always easy....
Anyhow - besides saying hi... I also have a question -
Im a big snacker...so...when I want to snack, I eat a lot of fruits and veggies. Like right now...at 11:17pm...Im hungry so Im having Beef broth with cut veggies in it and a bit of low fat cheese. Is there anything wrong with me snacking like this late as long as they are healthy choices? Im usually up til 2:00am, so stopping eating right after dinner wont work...
Thanks!
shasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:53 AM   #2  

Hi, i do not know if anything is wrong with it. but i use to snack lots so i started the atkins program similiar to SB. anyhows i found if i eat more at meals. like my protein is filling. so i am not as hungry... might give that a try.. i find if i have chicken i jsut fry more of it.. and i eat more my dinner meal then not as hungry.. good luck and WELCOME to the board. alot of help here so come in often and share. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 10:24 AM   #3  

I've been told by my diet counselor to stop eating two hours before bed...I've never really asked why, I'll have to do that the next time I meet with her.

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote