Old 10-13-2004, 08:01 AM   #1  

Default SAHM Wednesday #274

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 08:17 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone is having a productive week. Is everyone drinking there water and getting in their exercise? Let's hope so. I had to peek at the scale, because TOM is finally here. I am at 204.00 I'm sure by friday a bit more will be gone. I am so thrilled.

Spryng, I hope you are having a nice time with dh. Enjoy every moment. Don't worry about us for a few days. We know your busy..

Michelle, happy birthday to Teagan. I know what you mean about putting things in places though. Bugga puts things in the toilet and garbage. I have to be so carefule he doesn't throw anything away important.

Penny, good luck checking the gym out again today. I know you will love it and we will both be BABEs by next summer. LOL... Then we can meetup, because that was your goal to meet right? BTW, no one showed up last night for meetup. At least I don't think they did. I'll have to do better with the next meeting.

Chris, how r u today? Having any trouble with the RA this week? Hope you are feeling well.

Deana, How r u today? How r those little chicks doing? How is girl scouts for Abby? Funny, both our daughters are the same age...about, and they are Abby's.

Jill, how's school? Are you still watching that little boy? I see your still getting to the gym, that's great! How is the scale doing?

Jaymi, Welcome back.

Geri, how r u and the boy's? I bet you've been crazy busy lately. How's the job going?

Cindi, how r u feeling lately? When do you get released from doctors care? I'm waiting so we can hound you on exercise.

Kristin, How r u? Syd? ARE YOU GETTING IN THAT CHALLANGE EXERCISE? I"M HOUNDING YOU >>>>>> I SAID I WOULD!! I'm watching you

Crystal, congrats on the closing. I hope everything works out well for you and dh and your family. Any baby yet? I'm sorry, I haven't gotten that stuff out. It's sitting next to me at my desk. I might have a few more things, but still going through some stuff. I promise by Saturday.

Leigh, WE MISS YOU! How's Liam?

Oh yes, and BUgga slept through the night. I put a waterless/vaporless vaporizer thing in his room and I think that helped. He gets dry at night. Who knows if it was coincidence or if it helped. It's getting dry here, bcause the heat is coming on. I bought this in the food store. It has a eucoliptus pad that you slide in and then you plug it into an outlet and it warms it. Then it smells like that in the room and helps you breath. Just in case any of you have kids that wake up or just have a bit of trouble with a cold or allergies. This might help.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 08:37 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good Morning

Good morning ladies. I just got up at 10 after 7 and I'm still trying to wake up. Andrew is back to his old game, up I don't even know how many times last night, several, that's all I know. He had started coughing yesterday although he didn't cough last night, but it makes me think that maybe his asthma is trying to act up. Cross your fingers not.
Well, sis has no new baby yet. I had like a dream in a dream last night and both times she had had it, and I thought for sure she would have had it. And when I call this morning to check on her, her dh answers the phone, what's the first thing that comes to my mind when she doesn't answer...I told them that wasn't funny.

I watched Runaway Jury last night, I thought it was pretty good, anyone seen that?

Morning Mel, don't worry about those clothes, it's a while before Texas starts to get real cold. Tomorrow is going to be our coldest day so far with a high of 60 but then Saturday it's back up to 80. He's got some things to get him started, I had gotten a couple of his things from Ebay in the mail yesterday. I forgot there was a really nice winter coat in that bunch yesterday which he didn't have one and this one looks perfect and really nice. And what you are doing is extremely nice and I'm extremely grateful.

Morning Michelle, Spryng, Penny, Deana, Geri, Chris, Jill, Jaymi, Ricci, Amy, Cindi and everyone else out there in sahm world. Hope everyone has a great day. I'm staying home today, catching up on a little house work and trying to get some lesson plans laid out, we start back next week and I want to go at if full force.
Gotta get breakfast going, TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 08:46 AM   #4  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile Here I am

I went to doc yesterday and she said I am good to go( even tho I don't FELLL good to go)!! So I went to check out a local gym, but am waiting on a friend to decide if she will join with me before I do it. I am very excited about it!

The fridge is up and running, so I can put some healthy veggies in it and get back on track! It is the biggest side by side they make and someone GAVE it to us, I think we have been blessed, it's awesome!!

Today I will be cleaning lots ( boy my book is convicting me! Gotta love Dr Phil ), but I have an appt and a trip to the store to make first! Anyone want to challenge in the afternoon?

Hey Crystal!! YAY on the house deal!

JAYMI...bout time you got back here! we missed your fun personality!!

Oops! Getting late so I gotta shower and get ready to roll. I'll be back later to do more chatting...

Love to all!!
Cindi

Mel...YOu are doing so great with that gym, you have inspired me to give it a shot.I almost asked the doc for diet meds yesterday and then I thought, I bet a gym membership would be cheaper, and much healthier...and it really is cheaper than I thought!

Michelle...HB to TEagan, sorry it's late!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 09:45 AM   #5  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Default Good Morning Ladies!!!!!!!!

Good Morning Everyone!!!

I was MIA most of the day yesterday. I went to get scout stuff and my 2 hour trip alone ended up being a 3.5 hour trip with Abby with me, not to mention I made about 3 extra stops I hadn't planned on. But I went to Walmart and bought me a new pair of shoes for excercising and everyday. The pair I had was almost 4 years old. I really, really like the high tops but they are hard to find anymore unless you go to a shoe store and they are all over 20 miles away. I got some really cute, soft white low tops for $10. Then I bought some white with red stripes round shoe laces to put in them. They tie so much easier than the flat ones. Get to try them out today on my 2 mile WATP. Which btw, I have done 2/2 and gotten atleast 80 oz of water both days.

Crystal: WOOHOO on the closing. It finally happened. Can't wait for you to move in now :.

Spryng: Hope dh made it home okay. Have fun.

Chris: WTG on maintaining. Better than a gain! Hope your RA is doing good now. The kids costumes sound so cute. I made mine year before last. One was a skeleton, one a television and Abby was a bunny rabbit. I have pictures that a local photographer set up for but her shop is gone now, she just works out of her house now.

Jaymi: Come on girl! We are all here for you. You can do this. You have come so far, don't give up now .

Michelle: Hoep Teagan's bday party was fun. Happy Birthday Teagan . Any luck with finding a laptop yet? BTW, I love the new stuff on M.L.W.

Melinda: Don't give up girl! Hope it's not a cyst. Hope you had fun at MOMS Night.

Jill: How neat about the delivery. Glad the baby is doing good. With my second, I kept telling them to get my doctor. Well needless to say they waited too long to call him so I had to tell them to get someone in there to catch this baby cuz I couldn't wait. They got the ER doc and just as he snapped the second glove on, Andrew bounced off the end of the table into his hands, with the cord around his neck. My doc showed up 10 minutes later and asked "How we doing?". I looked at him and said "We're done, where were you?" It's funny now and somewhat was at the time. Too cool about the friends contacting you. I don't really have any from school that I would want to contact. Maybe a couple of people from my adult years, but I don't miss them that much .

Angel: on the water, excercise and staying OP. You are doing awesome. And you don't have that much to go to goal. You can do it girl!!!

Kristin: for the note. It came yesterday. I was sooooo surprised . You have been a busy girl. Hope you're feeling better today .

Penny: Jury Duty? I've never been called but YUCK!!!! WTG on the gym!

Mel: Sorry tom is there. I didn't send it, I swear . The baby are doing great. We moved them to the straw bed pen day before yesterday. I checked the 39 in the incubator that night and 29 of them checked fertile, so I will have quite a few more this time. They should hatch around the 25th. Is eucalyptus a soothing aroma? I've never seen anything on it. Hope it continues to work with him. When will your Abby turn 5. Mine will Jan. 8th. Mine isn't in girl scouts yet but while we were getting the boys' stuff yesterday we had to check out what they have for Daisy's and of course she had to come home and tell everyone that she is going to get the shirt, activity book and socks. It was to cute. She's soooo ready for next year.

Cindi: Glad you're feeling better and the doc says good to go. on the gym. Woohoo on the fridge.

QOTD yesterday: I don't really wear much jewelry either. Right now just my wedding set, watch and 2 Italian charm bracelets. I guess my fave would be my birthstone, topaz. Of course I have always loved black onyx too.

Hello to anyone else I might have missed.

I have sooooo many things to get done today. I have to put patches on Matthew's scout shirt, clean my kitchen, take Abby to school (dh is getting up early to go pick her up) and I need to work on my homework. I ordered Accounting for Dummies and it came yesterday. I needed a refresher so I can do the books for the business. I had accounting in business school some 12 years ago but didn't use it much and therefore forgot most of it. And here I sit not even dressed yet . Well, I had to catch up with all you wonderful women .

Going to get on it.

TTYL

Last edited by Deana1113; 10-13-2004 at 09:48 AM.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 09:54 AM   #6  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Oops! I forgot.

Thank You All Sooooo Very Much for all the wtg's and bravo's on my loss this week. It means so much to me. It keeps me motivated to keep doing what I've been doing and more. I love all you gals for everything you do for me. If there's ever anything anyone needs, please let me know. I am always willing to help.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 10:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!

I'm pretty tired today after the party and all. Then when I went to bed I HAD to finish this book I was reading I just got so sucked in to the story so I was up til midnight reading.

Cindi I'm sorry you aren't feeling better yet I must have missed but what kind of surgery did you have? That is totally awesome about the refridgerator!!! And you didnt wish Teagan a Happy bday late, today is actually her bday 10-13 at 11:42 pm but I have to work so I had the party yesterday

Mel My girls (well teagan anyway) gets a vaporizer in her room and fan at night and she sleeps awesomely at night also we keep the house cool at night especially our bedrooms are only heated to about 60 degrees we can't sleep if its too hot and the doctor told us that its better if we sleep in the cooler temps as well, I can't remember why he said though lol.

Penny Let us know how the gym goes!!

Crystal hope you can catch a nap today sometime!

Deana you are doing awesomely girly!! Keep it up!!! I've been at a stall lately and its bugging me but hopefully I'll see the scale begin to move again soon.

Leigh I hope you are well and I can't wait to hear from you!!

Well I've got to go feed my girlies and make sure they haven't redirtied their diapers.

TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 10:57 AM   #8  
soontobethin

Hi, everyone.
Its been a busy few weeks for me. FYI I passed my basics final with a 94. They release us on to the general public tonight. I have lost a total of 10 lbs these past few weeks. I have been keeping up on my water, but slacking on the exercise. I did start working out again last weekend.
It sounds like eveyone is doing good. Spryng, have a good time with your dh. Crystal, I hope your sister has her baby soon. Jaymi, welcome back, Happy birthday Teagan. Hi to Michelle,Angel,Deana,Geri,Kristen,Jill,and eveyone I missed. I am going to try to get back on here on a more regular basis.
A cousin of mine has been trying for two years to get pregnant, and her and her husband gave up and started filing paper work to adopt a baby from Russia. She went and had a check up a few weeks ago, and found out that she was pregnant. Well, a week or so ago, she went in for an ultra sound, and they could only find a sack, nothing else. Shes going in for another ultra sound on friday just to be sure, but we all think there is no baby. She is devastated. Just keep her in your prayers. Have a good day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:08 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning gals...
Finally had a good night sleep without the extra body (Nicole) sneaking into our bed.
I got Kayla's costume cut out yesterday, so if Nicole will give ma a little time to work-I just sew some today.

Mel-My kids can't sleep either if its too warm. We keep our windows cracked and in our room I can't sleep without a fan going. I love cold air and I think the noise from the fan helps me sleep. Tiana uses a vaporizer too, but only when her allergies are acting up.

Michelle-How did the party go? Happy Birthday, Teagan ! This month is quiet at in our family...absolutely no birthdays.

Deana-Keep up the great job! I'm trying...I've walked for 20 min. today and I've alreay downed 30 oz. of water.

Penny-No, we didn't find that stupid pumpkin yet. My sister keeps saying its our year. I might have to duct tape her mouth shut... She might jinx it, ya know.

Crystal-sorry you didn't get to sleep so well last night. I really hope you can get some rest today. Its tiring enough to be pregnant...but without sleep, it makes it even harder.

Jill-How's school going? Well, since you probably don't have time to make Bayley a costume, you'll have to find something really cute for her. I just love dressing little ones up for Halloween. I think that's the funnest part...that and the Snickers bars.

Cindi-glad the doctor says everything is good. Once you get back into the swing of things you'll feel better. Good luck with the gym. I wish I had the money to join one, but then again, I'd be too self-conscious to be seen. I am very uncomfortable about my body size. I even avoid people I've known for years just so they can't look at me. How's that for a bad self- image?

Well off to the pet store. I have some kitties who swear they are starving to death and that they need more catbox "necessities". (Litter). TTFN. I'll be back after I get that done, my bathrooms cleaned, and the laundry folded...AGAIN! My 3 ft. tall laundry monster (Nicole) "helps" too much.

Ba-bye
~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 12:32 PM   #10  
**Kristin**

Good Morning! Glad to see we are up and hopping today already! I've got nothing but house work planned for the day....and of course playing with dd! My cold is definately a sinus infection...I blew some intersting things out of my little nose this morning....LOL! I know you all wanted to know that! SO there, I grossed you all out for the day!

Deana - Your welcome I love getting snail mail It is just so personal! YOu are still doing so aweseom! COngrats! and Keep it up!!!!

JIll - Hvae fun at school! THanks for the little chat last night! Let me know about the costume, Bayley would be so cute in it!

Chris - Sounds like you have a busy day, hope you get everything done! I hear ya about the "helper", sydney trys to help too! Sometimes its fun, and other times its twice the work, it depends on my mood! LOL!

Michelle - Hope Teagan has a great birthday!!!! , you inspired me to make Chili, that sounds so good! Hope you have a great day! Do you work tonight!?!?!

Ricci - WOW! WHO-HOO! We miss you here, but it sounds like you are doing wonderful! Busy yes, but it sounds like you are on the frieght train to success, in your career and weight loss! way to go Idaho!

Crystal - did you ever get Andrew checked out to see if maybe there is a reason he can't sleep? I can't remember, I know at one point, you told us that he had a doc appointment and you were going to ask then! Glad that you got all the papers signed and are ready to build! Where is the land compared to your home now? and how big is your plot? I would love to have an acreage. Do you have neighbors already on your new plot? haha, I know, 20 questions, just wondering! LOL!

Mel - Thank you for bugging me! I am doing well! I am drinking lots of water, but I am staying away from the scale lately.....I just need to focus on getting healthy, not just worry about what I weigh......so I am doing great and eating pretty good too! exercise has been the only thing that was tough, but last week I got 3 days in and this week, I WILL GET 4 IN!!!!! Hope you have a great day! Glad little bugga is sleeping well!

Cindi - So glad that the fridge is working well for you! and that you got the all clear to exercise, I am going to be joining the gym band wagon too! I think it is a good thing, especially the winter when I can't get outside! HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Okay ladies, I need to get bills done, my room cleaned, the laundry put away/folded, the kitchen and dishes done, and Sydneys room cleaned too! Lots to do, but no time constraints, I have until I go to bed to get it all done, since I have no were to be! Now next week is another story! I Will be MIA on tues and wedn.....oh well! TTYL girlies! Have a great great day!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 01:11 PM   #11  
I'm a homeschool mama

Kristin, we are building the house right in front of where we are now. Which means I can see every step of construction and dh will be working on it here. It's going to be great, he can work as early or as late as he chooses. We have two acres and my fil and his family are next to us. After we build we'll get another one or two acres from fil.
I got a short little rest or nap in and now I've got to make lunch. Gotta go.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 02:23 PM   #12  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies

I am doing awesome today... well I feel that way anyhow..lol

Went to jury duty and after an hour the guy on trial didn't show up and they let us all go....whew!

So I packed up my stuff and headed to the gym. I had a great time and felt very good. I was suprisingly very relaxed and the kids didn't want to leave to go home.....lol

Spryng,
Did dh make it in last night? I guess that is why you are mia? Hope you are having a great time!

Michelle,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEAGAN Hope you don't work to hard today!

Melissa,
Let me know how the trainer goes tomorrow. I checked into it here.. I think it said like 50.00 a session or a 6 session thingy for 250.00 maybe... anyhow.. Hope you have a great time and WTG on the loss so far!!!! WOOHOO!!! (ps.. my scale is going down too ) so exciting.. Thanks for everything

Crystal,
What are you gonna do w/ the house you are in? Are ya'll selling it? Congrats to you on the plans!

Kristen,
Ok girlie you are slackin on the challenge for the week! Come on girlie

Chris,
the ladys gym here is very cheap really and hubby paid it for a year in advance so i got a bigger break... Check into it Hope you have a good day! Good luck on the pumpkin.. sorry to jinx you too

Ricci,
YOU are doing awesome! I am so proud of you! Great job on the test and the loss!!!! What are you down to now? Skinny Minny I will keep your cousin in my prayers.. That has to be devastating

Deana,
Great job on the exercise and water... You are my inspiration!

Cindi,
Take it easy at first even though you are good to go.. Let us know about the gym! Congrats on the frig!

Hi out there to Jaymi, Leigh (where are you? by the way) Jill, Angel, Cheri, Julie, Geri, Ginny, Amy, Amy Michelle...

Well off to shower and get Hunter.. Have a good evening
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 03:11 PM   #13  
mama of 4little Angels

Hey ladies.Just a quick post.Hope everyone is OP and doing good.I got up and had my exercise done water done and laundry almost done by 10am.
Now I'm fixing to help my daugter with her report.It's due tomorrow she's been working on it all week.She has to type it up when she's done with her math.
What's for Supper?The Kids are getting fried chicken and me and dh are having stirfry.I'm on my 4th day OP.That's really good for me.I'm not very good at disicpline myself.Well let me get off here and mop the kitchen and do some homework.
ttyl..Angel
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 03:12 PM   #14  
**Kristin**

Hello - My uncle just came over and bought us 3 place cetting of RED FIESTA WARE! WHO-HOO! I have wanted it for some time now, and it was such a surprise!

Crystal - thanks for filling me in.....haha, I know I am nosy...just one more question. Since it sounds like a family acreage, what are you going to do with your current home? sell it, use it for a guest house? LOL! And 2 acres, wow that is alot, what do you do with the land? Farm it? mow it? that would be a lot to mow! I know I 'm a dork!

Penny - Hey now!!!!!!! I am not slacking at all this week! I have already had my minimum of water and am down a total of 88 oz. all ready. Getting ready to go for a long walk/run as soon as my dd gets to napping and the neighbor will come and watch tv over here while I am gone! I'm so excited for you, it is a great feeling to FEEL great! That is what I am working on, this sinus infection is bringing me down a little, but not too much, I'm actually just not hungry because of the yucky drainage and stuff! So its helping! haha! Thanks for keeping my butt in gear I hope you had a great time at the gym today!

well I need to finish the kitchen and clean up lunch, then its on to folding clothes after I get back from my walk! Talk to all of you wonderful ladies later!

++++++I forgot to mention - at the beginning of the "support groups" page that lists all the places that you could go...there is a poll put in place to see if anyone would be interested in a 3FC convention!!!!!! TOOO COOLLL!!! Go and put your 2 sense in!!!!!! I think it would be awesome! ++++++
Old 10-13-2004, 03:13 PM   #15  
**Kristin**

Angel - you snuck in on me! You are doint AWESOME! OP days make you feel so good huh? COngrats and have fun with that report! TTYL !