Old 10-11-2004, 11:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Default SAHM's #272 Monday!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:17 AM   #2  

Good morning all! I couldn't believe it! It's 10 am and no one had started a thread for today, weird huh? lol. Monday's are usually busy posting days but I guess you all are busy already

Well yesterday went well. My cousin's kids were really good and I helped the 13 yp with her science homework (which was alot of fun for me because that was my favorite subject in school) at 5 pm I took them home. MIL and SIL wanted me to come out there again but after two nights of not getting home until 9-10 pm I just wanted to be at home. Plus I wanted to see extreme makeover home edition and Desperate Housewives, I taped Boston Legal and will watch it sometime today. But it was nice to be home and relax on the couch. Oh and we had one more new kitten. It's just a fuzz ball, lol. Really adorable but mean as can be. All the kittens we have were wild but the Sarah and Chicken are now tame as can be. Well this new one was hissing and striking so he's in the cat carrier until he can get used to us. This morning he didn't try to attack me when I put his new food bowl in there and cleaned out his litter box so that's progress. He's a really really fuffy light grey kitten with some white on him. I haven't thought of a name yet, lol. Any suggestions? What is a name that would fit a cat that looks like a the cutest angel but is as mean as a devil, lol.
OK, agenda for today. Just some light housework. Some exercise. Some laundry. Dinner tonight will be salmon I think. Not sure how I will make it yet. Any suggestions?? But I wanted to make some couscous with it. Or maybe salmon and some home made fries. That sounds good too. So I'm not sure about that yet.

Deana so glad you got your swing!! Too bad it's been raining like crazy huh? I hate this cold wet weather.

Geri, good luck on your WI tonight! And I hope that cold doesn't go full blown. But I guess it is that time of year huh? Do many of you here get the flu shot? how about for your kids??

Cindi, so glad you had help with dinners and such while you were recovering. How are you feeling now? Congrats on the pants getting too big!!

Crystal, I'm sorry we made you feel bad about making dh's plate. I didn't mean to, honest. I know people who do that and don't think twice about it and that is fine. I wasn't raised with typical traditional people, lol. My parents were leftover hippies and into different things. So it was everyone for themselves, lol. So your sono is a week from today right? You getting excited?? I am! Any more progress with your sis today? Is today her due date? or was it yesterday? I hope today is the day!!!! Let us know! We want ALL the gory details, lol. Has she lost her plug yet??

Chris, how are you today? My kids love to play at mcd's or burger king, it's better than the park to them, lol.

Jill congrats on losing that 1.5 lbs!! That is great!

Deana, be careful what you tell me, lol. I just may show up at your house, drop my kids off and haul you in to see a movie and eat dinner with me! LOL!!! Wouldn't that be fun?? That is what we need to plan someday soon. I will get a babysitter and we can meet in olathe and go eat and walk that big mall there (it's a discount mall and has great stuff!) or watch a movie or something.

Well, I better get off here and get around. DH will be home tomorrow!!!! I can't wait. I'm really missing him. He's been in and out of texas the last few days and our cell phones roam there (the only state in the US it roams) so I haven't really talked to him much lately. So tomorrow I'll have him here!

TTYL!
Old 10-11-2004, 01:06 PM   #3  

Good afternoon Spryng! I wonder what's been going on with everyone. How is the house cleaning going today? I had to be at my gm at 930, so that's why I was mia. First time I was able to spend any time alone with her in a long time. It was nice. We are doing the apple picking today when bugga wakes up. All kinds of apples here to choose from. Tomorrow, dh comes home right? how long is this visit?

Anyway WHERE IS EVERYONE AGAIN???????????????????

Maybe Crystal is an aunt again and that's why she's mia, but where are the rest of you?
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 01:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!!

I slept in cuz hubby is home today!! I was so exhausted!

QOTD from yesterday....no I don't make hubbys plate but he will make mine every so often, in fact we don't really sit at the table to have supper since we are usually hit and misss with the schedules.

Spryng sounds like you had a really productive weekend familywise that is!! Your kitties will warm up to you soon I'm sure

Mel how was apple picking? I wish I could take Taylor apple picking!! She would love it but I don't think we have any orchards around here!!

Well I need to get dressed and head to the store! Teagans Bday party is tomorrow and I have to pick up food and stuff.

Love to you all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 04:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

okay where the heck is everyone?!!! helloooooooo out there!!!!!

Just got back from grocery shopping we're having a chilli bake for Teagans bday with cookies cake and ice cream YUM!! I can't wait she's going to have such a good time!

Okay I'm running out again for a few minutes I'll be back later!
Hope you are all well!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 04:29 PM   #6  
2BoysMom

Um, hello ?

Am I at the 3fc SAHM posting site??? You know, where everyone yaks so much I can't keep up??? Wow, I feel like I'm in an episode of Star Trek or something .

Spryng...I have some name suggestions for you... Will or Tony

Happy early birthday to Teagan!!

Michelle..watch your mailbox .

Mel... nice that you got some time to spend with your gm! Mine is 3 hours away. I will see her in a couple weeks because I have a cousin getting married up there.

I got all my sheets washed...but the forcast changed...barely 60 here today so I didn't do much outside. Sprayed my weeds..that's about it. Went grocery shopping... such an exciting Monday

Well, think I'll go find something to do. TTYL
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 04:32 PM   #7  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Whoa this is crazy!!! I was going to post real quick this morning just to say hi before i left but since no one started a new thread I didn't have time to do that and post so I just figured I would wait. That is the first time EVER that, that has happened to me. Anyway I wonder where everyone is? I just got back from school and am going to watch Hunter earlier than normal so I need to get a few things done around here before he gets here. Just wanted to let you all know that I was here and also wondering where everyone else is. Where is Penny?? She hasn't been here for a couple of days! Ok really need to go now. TTYL!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 05:32 PM   #8  
Curves 6-week solution

P.S. Sounds like a good day on Oprah and a good week at that, we should all watch it!!
Old 10-11-2004, 05:33 PM   #9  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

I'M STILL ALIVE!!!!!

I couldn't believe there were only 6 posts this time of day. WOW!

Spryng: Yes the rainy weather sucks. But with dh trying to get things ready to go to Branson and working he probably won't get my little patio put down til spring....grrrrrr. Dinner and a movie or the mall sound great. Depending on gun orders we may have to go to Spring Hill again soon, but I will suggest to dh that I go on a day he is off and by myself so we cna get together. I want to meet everyone so bad, but you are the closest and until I get rich enough to travel the country I won't be able to get to everyone.

Michelle: Yummmmmmy. Sounds like Teagan is going to have a wonderful birthday party. Glad you go to sleep in.

Jill: Abby's birthday is Jan. 8th, the same as Elvis . That's cool that they are so close. Hope you got a good workout at the gym.

Geri: Will you come spray my weeds too? It will keep you here for a week....LOL. It hit 60 here today too so I'm with ya on not doing much outside. I am soooo NOT ready for winter to get here. They are saying it's going to be the coldest and snowiest on record. Wish I could blow it out to sea..... .

Crystal: Is your sis having that baby? Is that where you are? Let us know ASAP, ok?

Mel: Hope you had a great time picking apples. We have several orchards here but when I have the time I just go and buy them and make apple butter for Christmas gifts. I just haven't had the time this year and not sure I'm gonna get it. How was the gym this morning?

Well I've been working on laundry, got in the 2 mile WATP this morning, 80 oz of water down so far and supper is cooking. Beef stew with Mediterranean veggies and crescent rolls. It smells sooooo good in here. I need to go check it and dh has a friend coming by in about 30 minutes to talk to him about some gun work. I have plenty to eat, gonna see if he wants to stay for supper. He is older and lost his wife about a year and a hlaf ago to a brain tumor. He and dh have been friends for over 15 years.

Ok, I'm outta here for a while.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 05:45 PM   #10  

OK I'm back!

I had breakfast for lunch. By the time the kids went down for a nap I was starving so I made myself 2 fried eggs (fried in pam) hashbrowns and a slice of extra lean ham. It hit the spot. Dinner is going to be my own creation, lol... we'll see how it comes out. I spread chunky salsa over the salmon and am baking it, smells good so far, lol. Then I'm making couscous and a veggie to go with it. The couscous I will cook in 1/2 tomato soup to give it a richer flavor. Mmmm... I'm feeling hungry again!
I haven't did anything today. DH is still stuck in texas until tomorrow and that sucks. He probably won't get home until really late tomorrow. O-well, so I am saving all my housework for tomorrow so I'll have something to pass the time.

Deana, sounds like your day has been very productive! Save a roll for me too! Crescents are my favorite!!!

Jill, how much longer do you have school? I taped Oprah today but haven't seen it yet, what is it about?

Geri I was rolling when I saw your names for my new cat, lol!!!!! Too funny!!! He is getting better today. I was able to open up the carrier and pull him out and he didn't hiss or anything so maybe he's calming down. I figure tonight after the kids go to bed I'll let him out for good. We'll see how he does with that.

Michelle, what is a chilli bake?? Sounds good to me too!!

Mel, how did your visit go? Great I hope! And yes, dh is in tomorrow and will leave out friday morning.

As far as I know crystal's sis is still pregnant. I chatted with crystal on yahoo for a sec earlier. Everyone just seems to be busy today Except me of course, lol. I never have a life, lol.
Well, better go check on that salmon. TTYL!
Old 10-11-2004, 06:43 PM   #11  
Curves 6-week solution

Hey Spryng I have 2 years left counting this year. When I finish this year I will have my Bachelors degree in Communication and then I will go on to get my Master in Teaching the following year. Oprah today is a HUGE baby shower for like 680 expecting moms!! Gosh people in Chicago have all the luck!!!! Well I'm not sure if they are all from Chicago but I am imagining that most of them are. At least they have more access to her show than I do!!

Hope you all are having a great day, need to get back to the kiddos! TTYL
Old 10-11-2004, 07:03 PM   #12  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default i'm alive...just mia cuz of work

Here I is...Here I is! I was going to post this morning too, but a new thread wasn't started yet. Maybe Crystal is a new aunt...again.

Work was hectic as usual but I did manage to drink lots of water and stayed mostly OP. I did sneak a couple pieces of candy. Those darn peach rings were staring at me again...I had to teach them a lesson.

Glad you're all having great days. I don't have time to get personal. I have to eat dinner and help DH cleans his work, since we skipped it last night. TTFN...

Michelle-Have fun with Teagan's b-day. I didn't do any parties this year. It was just one of those years where I couldn't get into it and there was always conflicts in schedules with the rest of the family.

TTFN...again.
~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 07:26 PM   #13  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Hello

I set my clock wrong, so the kids were late to school and that is how my Monday is going! DS has swimmer's ear, so he had to go to doc! I have had a huge headache! DH is bringing in a fridge someone at church gave us, so I'll be back later!

Love to all!

Dinner is Chicken Alfredo and garlic bread
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 10:52 PM   #14  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

OH MY!!! Still slow around here.

I have been BUSY all day. After I posted earlier, had to eat supper (which was awesome),(sorry spryng, there weren't any crescent rolls left out of 3 cans after everyone ate and sent some with dh for lunch at work),(I was good and only had 2, of course that was the rest of my cals for the day but I just couldn't stop at 1), ran Erik to scouts then came home and did more laundry, then Erik came home with his BF to watch wrestling and I've been talking to them. Kids are in bed and had to fill out picture order forms. Tomorrow is picture day and they have changed they options, so I had to ask kids what theme they wanted and background color, of course that meant figuring out tonight what they are wearing tomorrow.

As far as the crescent rolls, I will be doing those more often for one thing everyone loved them, and another they are almost half the calories of a biscuit, that way I can have 2.... .

Jill: I never get to watch Oprah, by the time it is on here the kids are home from school and have the tv. I think she is on again at night but I'm usually snoozin'.

Spryng: Glad dh will make it home tomorrow. Enjoy the few days you will have with him, but don't forget about us .

Cindi: Sorry you had a rough morning. Hope this fridge works out better for you. Atleast you aren't paying rent on it.

Chris: You just need to sit down and eat peach rings til you puke, then you'll never cheat again....

Well, waiting on dh to call on his break. He does that to make sure the kids didn't give me any trouble goign to bed on time. Not too bad tonight. And he may have called a guy he's been trying to get ahold of for 2 weeks now. So he may not call me tonight.

Gonna get ready for bed myself.

Talk to you all in the morning, I think. Depends on what time I do my 2 mile WATP.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 10:53 PM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

I'm here!

Better late than pregnant...

Crystal,
How are you feeling today? Is everything ok?

Jill,
I miss ya girlie Hope you had a good day.. How did everything go with Hunter today?

Spryng,
Dinner sounds great! I did Tilapia last night. I marinated it in a lemon butter sauce (ff). I have tried salsa on my eggs before but wasn't crazy about it ... It sounds better on the fish! Let me know Have a great time tomorrow with dh!

Geri,
Come spray my weeks too! It has been raining so bad with that tropical storm that my grass is GROWINGGGGGGGG

Michelle,
Did Teagan ever get my package??? Happy BIRTHDAY TEAGAN!!!!!!

Cindi,
Poor kiddos Hope the swimmers ear is better! And U 2!!

Mel,
How are you doing today? Sorry I missed you last night I didn't make the challenge for last week I did well everyday except sunday I didn't get my water in and only three days of exercise! I guess better than nothing

Chris,
Hope you had a great day! How is Nicole feeling?

Deana,
Sounds like you are on a rollllllll! Can't wait for your weigh in tomorrow!!!!

I am doing fine... Just the kidney walk stuff coming together, Bible school yesterday, The scrapbook party was tonight (had lots of fun! ) I still have Harvest Moon so playing on that....

We are going tomorrow to sign up at the gym... Hubb said he is having withdrawals! LOL So I will get to use all that cool stuff again! The saunas, whirlpools, pool and oh yeah the exercise equipment...lol We will see how it goes.....

And where am I gonna fit it in you ask? I will just stop sleeping....lol No really I will drop Hunter off for school and go straight to the gym then come home.

I think it will be good for Andrew and Nicholas to play with some new stuff and make new friends.... or friends for that matter.....lol

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote