Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 10-11-2004, 06:24 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 10/11-10/17

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...275#post691275

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 06:28 AM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Going to do my darndest to get in a post later today. Have a few things to do, but will surely give it my best shot. Until then, here's your
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
for you all to start the week with - I like them both - the first one is great and direct; the second one is good too, you just have to read between the lines, and then you'll get the message on how I think it conveys a meaning to us all.

WHO YOU CAN BECOME

What you truly desire is indeed possible. If it were not possible, you could not have the genuine desire for it.
Your true desire is not there to taunt you or to frustrate you. Its purpose is to point your attention, your efforts, and your energy in a clear, specific, worthwhile direction.

The desires that demand the most from you are the ones that end up being the most valuable. For those desires compel you to discover and fulfill who you truly are.

It is not easy to transform a desire into reality. And that is one reason you desire it, to encourage you to get it done.

It is not easy, yet it is possible. And in pursuing your most desired possibilities, you more fully become the unique and valuable person you are.

Listen to your highest desires, see them, feel them and bring them to life. In those desires you'll discover who you can become.

-- Ralph Marston

AVOIDING MISTAKES

One sure way to avoid mistakes is to avoid taking action. But in the long run, avoiding action would be the biggest mistake of all, for nothing would ever get done.

If you're going to move forward, you're going to make some wrong turns along the way. Don't let that stop you from proceeding.

There will be many times when you'll look back and wish you had done things differently. Don't let that stop you from moving forward.

Mistakes are bad enough on their own. Don't be so afraid of them that you avoid life itself.

Every mistake you've ever made is now in the past. The way to move ahead is to leave them there.

Learn from where you went wrong, then step confidently and positively forward. For now is your time to live and to act.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 09:25 AM   #3  

Good Morning! I slept late, so I am glad to see Deb was here!

Last night, after church we went to a place called Garcia's. I got Tortilla Soup, one taco, and unfortunately, I ate a lot of chips and salsa. I am trying to drink extra water today, and will do my best to get back to the straight and narrow...

My back is cramping really bad, and tylenol just is not helping. I am planning on going to Curves later this morning, so maybe that will help.

Hope everyone is doing well! Later!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies,

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Ready to start this week off right and OP!

We did the Race for the Cure Saturday. It was a 5K walk. It was fun. There about 20 family/friends along. It was inspiring to see so many 20+ and 30+ year survivors.

It was a very busy weekend. So back to the grind today.

BF 1/2 c oatmeal with a few walnuts, skim milk.
Lunch: chili
Dinner, pork chops, broccoli or mixed veggies, sourkraut.

Monet, Hate to hear your back in giving you trouble. Hopefully working out will help. Isn't your surgery this week?

Missy, what a great game. I know you were cheering them on!

Bob, TN looked impressive too! I was shocked at that win. We went to the Colts game and saw Peyton. He had a great game too.

Have a great OP day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:33 AM   #5  

Good morning...

Sorry I was MIA the last 2 days. Dh ended up taking 3 days off but he is going back to work today. I am sure I will have more time to post today It is cloudy and cool here. I just love the cool weather, wish I can just sleep all day long

Here are my menu :

Breakfast : 2 medium ww pancakes, 1.5 scrambled eggs with cheese, 2 pieces of bacon. Water. I couldn't finish my pancakes and eggs today.

Snack : I might miss it since I am still very full but I will try to eat some fruits since I feel a little greasy inside from eating the bacon.

Lunch : One dish stir-fry of fish, asparagus and other veges. Serve over basmati or brown rice.

Snack : Mixed fruits.

Dinner : Not sure yet.

Got to put dd to nap now. Will check back later today. Have a good day!

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 12:42 PM   #6  

Wow... where did the morning go? I did not make it to Curves... I put together one of those particle board three shelf bookcases that you can get at WalMart. I got this one a couple months ago and never did anything with it. I put the back on the wrong way so I could put it up against my desk and you couldn't be able to see the yucky backing... Looks ok! I already filled it, and I have enough to fill another. I think I need to get on ebay and sell some books! I have entirely too many!

I have not eaten anything yet today! I just realized that! All I have had is water and a half of a cup of coffee! Guess I will mosey down stairs and see what I have that is appealing. I have a crockpot of chicken soup going. I will take some tonight to the leadership meeting, so I don't feel tempted to eat the stuff I am not supposed to have. My sweet young friend who can't eat any corn products at all is bringing some bread, and we will both eat soup and bread! Having her there will help me to behave!

Well, I am on a roll...gotta go. I want to get this room rearranged before I leave here Thursday morning. I know it will be much more comfortable if I do...

Later!
Old 10-11-2004, 01:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. The weekend is finally over. It's been dreary and rainy all weekend and today as well. My eating was absolutely horrible this weekend. TOM finally arrived yesterday evening. I don't think I ever had a worse case of PMS/cravings/fluid like this. And I couldn't get full when I ate. I'm just glad it's here and that means it's going to leave,lol. I feel like a giant blowfish, can't even get my ring to budge on my finger. I got up this morning at 6:30, took hubby to work, Ashley to school. Was ravenous when I got home and ate 1/2 small bowl of legal pasta salad(made with soy noodles- is that a starch?) AND then proceeded in making myself 3 medium eggs and 2 slices of bacon. Very big breakfast. But my cravings aren't as strong today as they've been. At 10:45 I had a LC yogurt. I'm trying to wait until 1 or so for lunch. Not for sure what I'll fix. Supper is going to be chicken salad sandwiches. I got the chicken and eggs boiling now. Well, I need to run...
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:52 PM   #8  

Morning all-- Gorgeous day today.....we didn't get near the rain they were saying we were going to get this weekend. It frosted last night though, so we might get busy and pick the apples after hubby gets home.

My grandma is having a horrible time with mice coming into her home. My uncle raises cattle, and has his grain truck parked under the cover at her home. So they are all over out there. Ted found a place where the floor under the bathtub is open to the insulation under the mobile home. So he was meeting my uncle over there to work on it, and see if they can't put down some flexible aluminum under the tub. With the metal the mice can't knaw through it. She had some trouble two years ago, and Ted was able to get it under control, now they are back again in force.

Getting through this weekend with NO cheats, and getting in the extra 2 miles walk has got me hyped!! I am going to win this battle. I felt sooooo good when I went to bed last night knowing that I was a winner this weekend!!

Here is my menu for today-

B-- 3 turkey bacon, Lite 85, and 1/2 c Fiber One with 2 oz SF Applebutter.?? (Was very good!)

snack-- apple

L--Leftover S&S beef, coleslaw, red pepper.

snack-- grapes

D-- Grilled pork chops, salad with BC dressing, spaghetti squash. 1/2 c SF jello for dessert.

BOB-- The movie was fantastic......dh even liked it. I really like Morgan Freeman anyway.

Monet--Sounds like you are into a cleaning mode. I sure need to get into one of those. I want to get my living room carpet shampooed before winter gets here. I have the Bissel shampooer, just have to get the gumption to do it.

Jack-k-- Good for you, girl.....there isn't a better walk than one that is for a good cause. Seeing all those 20+ and 30+ must really do your heart good! I have talked to my family about getting out and doing one also since we lost my father to lung cancer. I have one Aunt that I know will be more than happy to go with me. Great job Jackie!!

Keng-- I want to share this recipe with you. I used it to fix the salmon for Brant this weekend.....it was awesome.

Marinade--

1/2 c soy sauce
1/4 c port wine
1/4 c water
1/4 c packed brown sugar--(I used brown sugar twin)
1/4 c sliced green onions
4 - 6 cloves garlic, minced
1 T + 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 T toasted sesame seed

2 lbs. salmon, or substitute, fillets (8 oz each), skin on.
4 servings.

In a small mixing bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and chill. Arrange fillets in single layer in 11 X 7 inch baking dish. Pour remaining marinade over fillets, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill 3 hours, turning fillets over occasionally.

Spray cooking grate with nonstick vegetable cooking spray. Prepare grill for medium direct heat. Drain and discard marinade from fish. Arrange fillets on prepared cooking grate. Grill, covered, for 5 minutes. Turn fillets over. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes longer, or until fish is firm and opaque and just begins to flake, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Serve with hot cooked rice, if desired.

Heart-- Hang in there gal.......TOM can be he** can't it. I am a bit older than you, and am just starting the hot flashes and night sweats that signal the onset of menapause. But I haven't advanced far enough yet as to be done. I am anxiously awaiting that time. My baby boy is almost 25 now!! That means 25 years of once a month, 12 months in a year! Why don't they have a shot that we can take two years after we have our last child???

Well gals.....that's it for now. Oh, I forgot to tell you, they got the new line for my computer in on Friday, but I haven't been able to use it. For some reason I can't get connected to the internet. It tries.....like up to twelve times. So I called the phone company today, and they are sending someone out...... tried it this morning before calling and couldn't get on......tried again after she said they were sending someone out.....it connected once.....then not again.......now I am on line. When I can't connect, I can move the phone cord up into the original line and get right on........so I am assuming it is something in the line???? Talk to you all later!
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 03:50 PM   #9  

Did you all hear Christopher Reeve died? It was from complications from an infection he got due to not being able to move. Pressure sores, or bed sores are a problem with the non ambulatory. His got infected, and they just could not get it under control. Very sad...he was only 52.

TEENSY: Why don't you just get your Grandma a cat? That ought to help with the mice problem... I wish I was in a better cleaning mode...I am guessing this nesting instinct is not too strong since I don't actually feel that well. I do want to get my room cleaned and vacuumed thoroughly before I have to spend a few weeks in it...
Old 10-11-2004, 04:03 PM   #10  

I have my house to clean but I am here...sigh..lol. Wish I can just blink and the house would cleaned itself, wouldn't it nice?? ROTFLOL!! I didn't cook lunch (as what I posted on the menu) but instead I finished the leftovers chicken wings (2) and some stir-fry pasta and veges. I usually eat more than this but I am just too lazy to even make a salad Dinner will most likely be tarragon chicken salad sandwich and mixed greens salad.

Some replies :

MONET : Sorry your back is bothering you. Tylenol usually doesn't help in reducing pain. I have a procedure (colonscopy) to do next Monday so I am not allow to take ibuprofen too. Crockpot soup sounds awesome in this weather. Enjoy!

JACK-K : WTG on the race! I am glad you had a lot of fun! I spoke to my MIL this morning and she is a multiple times cancer survivor. I just adore both of your spirit!!

HEART : Hope this week will be much better especially now that Tom is here.

TEENSY : Woo Hoo!! WTG on staying op! You are such inspiration! Thanks for sharing the yummy marinade recipe. Can I use other wine instead?. I am going to buy a red and white wine soon so don't think I will invest in a port wine since I don't drink wine but will use them in recipes. Mice, yikes!! At my old house, dh and I had some issues with mice and they are tricky creatures. We finally did captured them and believed that we have get rid of them.

Okay, got to do some cleaning now. Good day!

Julia
Old 10-11-2004, 04:07 PM   #11  

Monet, I had no idea that Christopher Reeves died. Oh my...that is sad

Julia
Old 10-11-2004, 05:18 PM   #12  

Howdy all. Well the week end is over and I did get to go to the craftfair. But couldn't find a thing I wanted to buy. Can you believe that!! Its rained here for two days and is gloomy and cold. I made a nice pot of beans yesterday. This sure does sound like a good soup night. I went and got my flu shot today and then stopped by a friend's house for a good cup of tea. Since then I've piddled my day away and haven't got much done. Tomorrow I'd better get busy huh. I'm sad about Christopher Reeves and wish his family comfort. Have a good evening everyone.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 05:20 PM   #13  

Another checkin...I heard on the radio this morning that Christopher Reeve died of heart failure?? I just learned that he was an advocate for stem cell research. I've always admired him. He will be missed by many. KEN- How do you make your tarragon chicken salad? What kind of flavor does the tarragon give it? I made "Southern" style chicken salad made with eggs, mayo, celery seed, onions, dill relish, dash of mustard, s&p, garlic, and shredded cheese. I normally don't put cheese in it, but hubby wanted it that way. My Mom makes hers with almonds, grapes, and sometimes raisins, etc.. in it. That's good as a side dish, but I don't like it that way on bread.
I'm starting to feel better and more like myself, thank goodness. Wonder if they make a natural supplement to help with PMS and all it's effects..The Midol and stuff just doesn't cut it. Oh yea, I ended up eating some chicken salad(without bread) and a LC shake for my lunch. I'm feeling a little munchie, so I'll probably have a LC yogurt or smoothie for my afternoon snack soon. I procastinated, but made myself workout today. Glad I did and it's over with for the day. I did the Burn it Up! dvd. Today is hubby's bday and he's having to work late, ugh. He's not going to be in a good mood. I got him some hunting accessories and Cool Water cologne. I've got to quit using the credit cards! But I don't work and wanted to get him something on my own-although he will end up eventually paying for it,lol. The sun briefly popped out for a few minutes. I hope tomorrow will be nice. Now they are talking about a possible tropical storm coming our way, at least Saturday night that is what they were saying. Well, don't have much to say..

Colleen- Way to go on staying OP! I know it feels good. Keep it up and hopefully I'll be joining ya soon!
Old 10-11-2004, 05:23 PM   #14  

Toni- I'm worried about Boogie getting the flu shot. I've called everywhere here, and no one has it yet. Most are saying the end of the month or even November!
Old 10-11-2004, 05:43 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon!

Howdy ya'll. This weekend was a turning point for me. I decided it was time to quit snaking on the no-no's and get back to eating healthy. It's not because the scales were bad but I remembered the reasons for this way of eating and it was to be healthy. I did have a nice surprise this morning 151. Incentive to eat right over the holidays so I don't have to lose the same 10 to 12 pounds again next year. Eleven pounds till goal...I can just taste it but in my heart I don't truly think I will ever get there. I would like to see the 140's again before my birthday in Dec.

Today's menu so far....SF candy and collard greens..not at the same time..LOL

Jack-k...awesome on the walk. I'm so glad you were able to go and to be encouraged.

Heart....I don't think overall you eat that much. You workout a lot. You have to put food in when you are putting that much out. Glad Mr. Monthly finally got here so you can start feeling better soon.

Monet...((hugzz)) sorry that you are in so much pain and can't take anything.

Toni...a cupe of tea sounds good. Might have that for a treat tonight.

Colleen...Woo hoo on your great weekend. Not cheats and walking! Way to get back in the swing of things.

Julia...howdy! I bet you could substiture red for port wine. Mama found some sort of rice wine once at a clearance sale. Talk about delicious. I used it in my stroganoff. It only took a little bit to add a lot of flavor.

Deb...hope you get a chance to come online this week. Praying things start calming down for you and yours.

Well, I'm off to play a game or two before it's time to take a walk. It's beautiful outside....77 and sunny.

Love and hugs,
Crystle

235/151/140
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote