Old 10-10-2004, 02:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Default Sarah's "I Exercised Today Thread" 10/10-10/16

Well, just reposting Sarah's exercise thread like she did for last week,.. Hope you dont mind sarah! Here is she wrote to start this thread last week:

"Hello, sports fans! Well, I'm (with gratitude) robbing this wonderful thread idea from elsewhere on the site. It seemed to me that it would be a good idea to have a weekly thread here within our group devoted to exercise check-in; my thought is that it will help us to keep ourselves accountable for getting in some daily exercise, help us to motivate one another, and just plain be interesting since we like each other and are interested in how it's going for one another!

So, if you want to participate, just log in and give a quick post with an update on what you accomplished in the way of daily exercise! Doesn't have to be a big, long-winded explanation -- just the quick and the dirty, unless you have more to say! "
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 02:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

I will start this off by saying that i walked a mile of the Leslie 2 mile Sat night/Sun morning. got to 17 minutes, but that is only because i had to stop twice to answer the phone, but a mile is a mile right? :-P
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 11:16 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Heather, A mile is a mile and it doesn't matter if you stop because you are still getting the same amount of exercise even if you break it into 5 times a day.

Last night, I tried a yoga dvd I had gotten from Netflix, well I should pay attention to a DVD if it says beginner or not, I did about 10 minutes of it and then they started doing some crazy things and I was like uhhh I can't do that. Turns out it is an intermediate Yoga dvd so I don't feel so bad.

Today, I've strapped on my pedometer which is good so hopefully I'll report back later
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 12:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

2 mile power walk with doggies for me today (Sunday)
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 06:35 PM   #5  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thumbs up Thanks, Heather!!

Oh my gosh, THANK YOU, Heather! Ay yi yi! You know, I really had it in my head that it was Sunday - Sunday, like the Weigh-in thread, but apparently not! Thanks again Heather for picking it up!

Ok, here's my report: I've had my period full-on for about a week and a half now, and I'm not seeing much movement on the scale; just a pound --despite the fact that I'm doing all the right stuff! (2 slices of thin pizza one night, but that's no biggie in the greater scheme of things.....and I was really on top of my cal's before and after.) Soooo, yesterday and today I really focused on doing the biking with intensity intervals, because it burns much more than the walking. I'm still doing the walking, don't get me wrong, I just wanted to get in a little extra calorie-killin' in the hopes that when this miserable thing finally exits the premises, all this hard work will reveal itself on the scale, not just in smaller sizes! For consistency's sake here's my report for both Saturday and Sunday:

Saturday: 10 miles HIIT biking, and 2 miles power walk with ramp and weights, lunges and squats
Sunday: 13 miles HIIT biking

My thighs and butt are sore: not just quads, but hams and glutes, and it feels great! Saturday, through exercise, I burned 976 calories, and today I burned 896. (I don't count just regular walking or other activity.)

I'm looking forward to hearing how everyone else is doing!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 08:05 PM   #6  
There is no try, only DO

In about 30 minutes when the DS goes to bed, I'm going to be attempting yoga/pilates (beginner) for the very first time. I'm excited about it. I had ordered this dvd at Amazon and they said it wouldn't be shipped until Dec., then I ended up finding the same one at Walmart today for 1/2 the price whoo hoo! Needless to say I scooped it up and cancelled my amazon order.

I also got in 2 1/2 hours of walking around walmart doing my Christmas lay-a-way. I know it's not a big deal walking on flat ground at a slow pace, but compared to what I usually do it's something

Heather
lil_cara_mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 09:38 PM   #7  
Just Me

Heather, what Pilates/Yoga DVD did you buy? Tell us how you like it, my current mission is to increase my flexibility.

Today was my first full day of using my pedometer and for a non working day, I did pretty good. Total steps: 6621 and 1.88 miles. I expect that I'll add a couple hundred steps before bed just walking around.

I went to the gym today, did 75 minutes of weight lifting on my legs but I kind of felt sick at the end. I didn't do any cardio. I may do some yoga before bed.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:13 AM   #8  
There is no try, only DO

Hi nelie

I bought Louise Solomon's Yoga & Pilates (Vol. 1). Never having done either before I was a bit nervous starting it, but she is really great. The movements are slow and she tells you exactly what to do, when to breathe, etc.

I made it through 15 minutes of the actual workout (there's a long talking intro to the dvd), and OUCH my abs are killing me today . I love it, I know I actually DID something.

After the first workout (26 mins), I guess there is a second one, a bit more intermediate (30 mins).

You do need the therabands for this workout, but they are pretty cheap if you don't already have them.

All in all, I think I'll be very happy with this dvd. I like the instructor, I like the detailed explanations of everything, and I like that I feel it in my core today. Once I'm able to complete both workouts I plan to buy her Vol. 2.

It's worth a shot to pick it up and see if you like it. I only spent $5.50 for it in the cheapo dvd bin at Walmart, so, no great loss if it's not for you. Amazon.com has it for $6.99 plus shipping, but they aren't sending them out until December. I'm sure BestBuy online probably has it too. Hope this helps!

Heather
lil_cara_mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 09:07 PM   #9  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Tonight after work I walked 2 miles.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 09:30 PM   #10  
Jennifer

This evening I did 30 minutes of upper body weights, 20 minutes on the stairmaster, and 25 on the elliptical. I'm tired, but it felt great today.
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 09:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

2 miles of powerwalking/jogging today!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 10:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

45 minutes cross trainer, ab exericses (eek, hate those!)
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 10:20 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

ha! I can add to this! I hiked up my hill after work, which is 25 minutes straight up. Not only that, I'm good for food today (this might not be positive, I ate breakfast, and then only a banana, but I do have the flu).
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:15 PM   #14  
Just Me

I went to the gym, did 60 minutes of weight lifting, chest and triceps. No yoga tonight I'm afraid, I have homework to do.

Also, I took a short walk before the gym and my pedometer currently reads 6803 steps or 1.93 miles for the day. It isn't close to the recommended 10000 steps but I'll need to do some cardio to reach that I think.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:42 AM   #15  
beautiful

today i'm going to walk around wal mart for a while. i tested my pedometer and its way off. i counted 25 steps and it only showed 4. so i think i'm going to get a new one and try it out. and when i get home its back to the watp. i've been lazy for a few days now so i need to get my butt in gear.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote