Without it feeling like a heavy chore

Our "need vs want", we battle each day
Cheering eachother on, along the way
Friends by fate walking hand in hand
Acceptance for all is the law of our land

Join us anytime you feel like being apart
Stay for a while and share your inner heart
We dont judge and we dont squabble
So come on in, we wont mind if you wabble.

by laura lynn
Old 10-09-2004, 02:18 PM   #2  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi all

Thank you for starting this thread Angela.

And cudos for starting the profile questions. I'm looking forward to learning more about the group and finding things we can talk about both weight and diet related and other topics both serious and fun.

What is your favorite....

Color
- Blue
Day of the week
- Sunday... Hubby is off work and we do "fun" stuff... Okay, like going out for lunch, hiking with the dogs, going to the local hot springs etc.,
Place to vacation
- Maui (only been once though)
Beverage
- Wine or Water
Pig out or trigger food
- carbs of any sort .... wine ...
Healthy snack
- Kellogg's Bran Bars (2 points) or grapes or LF jello pudding
Form of exercise
- right now I'm into doing water type exercises (running & aquasize) and walking
Brand of shoes
- Nike for runners....
TV show (s)
- Like Angela I enjoy the Sopranos, Deadwood and Six Feet Under, I also like CSI (any) Law & Order (any) Survivor, all the Home Decorating shows.... Although I haven't been watching much TV since I have got my computer up and running and on line....
CD or type of music
- pretty eclectic (sp?) everything from Blues, Jazz, Classical, Rock , Alternative... lately I've been listening to a lot of Van Morrison... Hubby likes Country so that's on the radio mostly..
Movie
- Okay my age is going to show now but I still love Saturday Night Fever, Footloose, Dirty Dancing, Flash Dance, Grease old Elvis movies.... on the other side I like policitcal movies live Malcolm X, JFK, the one with Sally Field as a union organizer, and Crime Thriller type movies.... can't think right now.....

Sam - I'm sure your getting back on track, you've done it before - you'll do it again. Just remember each choice, meal, day is an opportunity to make a positive decision for yourself. Try to remember that when you "pig out" it really doesn't make you feel better in the end, I know that if makes me feel angry and mad at myself when I realize that I've tried to comfort myself with bad food choices and binging. Your hubby will be grumpy whether you eat or not.

LauraLynn - I'm on for the "Lose a Turkey Challenge". I'll post my results on Wednesday nights after WI.

How did the chat work out? Are we doing it again sometime?

Well..... I'm off to get my house cleaning done..... If I'm done by 1:30 hopefully I can get to Aquasize Pilates .
Old 10-09-2004, 07:30 PM   #3  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

G,day everyone hope your all well it,s a beautiful spring morning here downunder, welcome home Angela and way to go on your 5lb loss keep it up , congrats to all the rest of you on your weight losses also , good idea for getting to know a bit about each other Angela I like to know a bit more of what makes everyone tick to.
FAVORITES
COLOUR, ALL SHADES OF BLUE
DAY OF THE WK, NO PARTICULAR DAY EACH DAY BRINGS SOMETHING NEW.
PLACE TO VACATION , SUNNY QUEENSLAND
BEVERAGE, HEALTHY WATER OR DIET SODA OR BOURBAN AND DIET COKE ON OCCASSION
PIG OUT FOOD, CARBS ,I LOVE PASTA, CHIPS BREAD ALL THE SINFUL STUFF
HEALTHY SNACKS, GRAPES, APPLES, DATES ANY FRUIT
EXERCISE, WALKING, INDOOR BIKE , SOME WEIGHTS, DANCING
BRAND OF SHOES, NO FAVOURITE AS LONG AS THEY ARE COMFORTABLE
TV SHOWS , CSI , LAW & ORDER, BLUE HEELERS , ANYTHING ABOUT CRIME
MUSIC, I LIKE ALL SORTS FO MUSIC LOVE JIMMY BARNES, JOHN FARNHAM, ELVIS
MOVIES, I LIKE THE COLOUR PURPLE TO MY COPY IS GETTING WORN OUT I ,M A BIG ELVIS FAN AND ANYTHING WITH MEL GIBSON IN IT I LIKE AL MOVIES LOVE HORROR JOHN CARPENTER STEPHEN KING, CRIME THRILLERS, THE BONE COLLECTOR , KISS THE GIRLS, ALONG CAME A SPIDER SO MANY OTHERS
Well thats about it for me good luck to everyone on this journey bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE
Old 10-10-2004, 12:57 AM   #4  
Samantha

Color- well that changes according to my mood...right now I am going to say purple. If you were to look in my closet, though, you would think that my favorite color was red, Red looks the best on me.

Day of the week- Wednesdays, because that is the day that I get all to myself (as long as my hubby is working) I am sure you guys understand this...I love my hubby and all but sometimes I just need some "alone" time...and wednesdays I get that almost all day long.

Place to vacation- Don't get the chance to go on many vacations, but I would say probably NYC...been there once in highschool (my band performed in carnagie hall, which was a big deal for us Austinites) and had the time of my life!!

Beverage- My favorite would probably be Dr. Pepper, but I don't drink them anymore because of my lifestyle change...all I drink anymore pretty much is water or juice, oh, and my morning cup of coffee...I would have to say CUBAN COFFEE

Pig out or trigger food- Man...I like anything that has loads and loads of fat and grease...like pizza, french fries, mmmm...McDonalds Double Cheeseburger...Sonic Tator Tots. My favorite foods are the kind that you gain a pound just by thinking about them (so thanks ALOT!!!!)

Healthy snack-Well, if I can gain a pound just by thinking about fattening foods, maybe I will lose a pound by thinking about healthy foods. My favorite healthy snack is probably a fruity yogurt with a granola bar smashed up and put inside of it. I also really enjoy strawberrys: I like to put a few in the blender with just a dash of sugar or substitute, blend them up until it makes like a syrup, then pour it over fresh sliced up strawberries. Very healthy, and not alot of calories (unless you put too much sugar)

Form of exercise- I really enjoyed the kickboxing class that I went to the other day, I have only been to that one once, but I think that is my favorite. I figure, not only will it help me get skinny, but be able to kick someones if need be, too!

Brand of shoes- Probably New Balance when it comes to tennis shoes, or Doc Martins when it comes to regular shoes. For sandals or other shoes I just buy cute stuff from Payless Shoe Source or somewhere like that. I am a comfort fiend, so whatever is comfortable and inexpensive works for me!!

TV show- Will probably always be a "Friends" girl, even though I have never even seen the last few seasons. I work in the evenings, so I never have a chance to really watch anything but reruns of the good shows. OH WAIT OMG I forgot, my favorite TV Show is Ellen, I love her!!! She cracks me up!!

CD or type of music- Don't own many CDs because my husband just burns me songs that I like onto a CD, so I never buy them. My favorite kind of music is really alternative, but there is not ONE good alternative station in the good ol' hick town of Amarillo, TX....so I would have to say hip-hop or country.

Movie- OMG there are so many... Some that come to mind: Butterfly effect, XXX, Fast and Furious (have a thing for Vin Diesel, in case you didn't know), Taking lives, Pirates of the Carribean...if I feel like crying I watch "A league of their Own'...gets me EVERY freaking time, I don't understand...let see...when I want to laugh I like There's Something about Mary, or Blue Streak....there are so many, we would have to start a new thread already if I mentioned them all!!

Anyways, today I have some bad news. I weighed in today and I gained 2 lbs. I knew that was going to happen, and I was really close to giving up...I mean, you can't tell a difference on me...sometimes I feel like I will weigh 150 lbs and still look the same. But I am not going to quit...I dont know how, but somehow I have to get motivated the same way that I was before....maybe I will go and read that thread again. I have noticed that for some reason anger gets me more motivated than being scared of having diabetes, or having a heart attack. When I am MAD at myself, MAD at the everyone who thinks I am fat, MAD at all the stupid skinny people...that's when something happens. I wish I could figure out what got me motivated in the beginning, so some how I could replicate that. I hope you guys don't get tired of hearing me but I kind of treat this like a journal. I write here how I feel. Sometimes I am SO excited about losing weight, but I am not feeling it lately.Sometimes I feel bad about people telling me that I motivate THEM because I feel like I will let everyone down if I fail....and I sure don't want to do that. Maybe that's the motivation that I need. Maybe I have to remember not to let others down. But then, I think, I am doing this for ME, not for anyone else, so that's what should motivate me......anyways...in case you couldn't tell, it is TOM for me, and I am definitely feeling it.
In other news, my hubby is doing OK, just called me in the living room to show me that he is now able to lay on his back, he was very excited. Things were a little better this evening, but probably because we had a big blowout this morning, I just couldn't take it anymore, and told his EXACTLY how I felt, then ended up apologizing because I know that's the last thing that he needs when he isn't feeling good for me to start *****ing.
OK guys, this post was long enough. I need to stop blabbing!!
I will see you all again tommorrow.

Sam
Old 10-10-2004, 06:58 PM   #5  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

G,day everyone its a bright sunny day here downunder , hope your all feeling well , glad to hear your hubby is feeling a bit better and is on the mend Sam I know how you feel when you said you had a blowup with your hubby and told him how you felt , sometimes when people are sick or going through something they forget that it also affects the people around them to so it,s normal and healthy to vent your feelings at least thats what they tell me in my counselling course , hey Sam, Laura look,s like we all caught the gain back 2lb bug over the last week well we lost it once we,ll do it again just a short one today off to have a then hit the indoor bike bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE
Old 10-10-2004, 11:47 PM   #6  
Samantha

Well sometimes I notice little differences about myself...today I noticed that my jeans (that were pretty loose-fitting anyways) are even looser. I also notice that when I look at myself side-ways in the mirror I am a tiny bit thinner. Another thing I have noticed is that my ankles look skinnier, I don't know if they were swollen before or what. So I am re-inspired. Just to let you all know

Sam
Old 10-11-2004, 03:30 AM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi All

It's 12:14 am here so you guys will probably read this in the morning....

Got some new drugs - Bextra - to replace the VIOXX I was on. My knees are feeling so much better... only after two days of taking it. Today Hubby and I took the dogs Sandy & Ginger) for a walk around a local lake. We went 16K or 10 miles. It really was a little bit too far for me but I managed.... have the blisters to prove it... We decided on the drive home that after dinner we would go to the local pool and soak our weary bones in the hot tub. I got too hot and decides to cool off in the pool and ended up doing 24 lengths (25 metres). Needless to say I'm pretty tired I've been pretty inactive for the last few weeks so I feel pretty good about getting out there. I must say Hubby helps to motivate me while we are out walking..... he keeps waiting until I catch up (I'm slow on the up hills) and then leaves right away (I don't seem to get a rest) until I remind him... and I sure wasn't shy about it after a few miles.

When I went to the doctor on Friday he told me that my fasting glucose test came back showing me at 7.8 - he said anything over 7.0 technically means you have diabetes so I've been a little stressed about that. He's going to re-test me in six weeks to see what it comes out at.... Until then I'm going to try to be real good and watch my carbs and stuff. Not really sure what else I can do besides getting regular exercise and drink my water. He said being on WW was good.

Well tomorrow is Thanksgiving here. We've got a plan for dinner, hopefully we will be able to get through the day without going over our points allotment. We're having roast beef, mashed potatoes, salad, califlower, green beans and Mom is bringing the pumpkin pie. I was going to make an alternate dessert but pumpkin pie is my favourite so I think I'll just go for a very small piece with light cool whip instead of whip cream or ice cream..

Hubby says we'll go out for a short doggie walk in the morning..... we'll see if I can walk at all tomorrow
Old 10-11-2004, 06:34 PM   #8  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

G,day everyone it,s a glorious day here downunder we,re having a rather warm spring looks like we,re in for a scorcher summer, hope your all well, hey Sam good work with the clothes getting looser it,s a great felling huh way to go Joy you are an inspiring force 10mle walk I do 6 on my indoor bike and I,m buggered and then you backed up for more at the pool WOW your hubby sounds great support I think thats half the battle, don,t stress to much about the diabetes thing I have type 2 I control mine with my diet and so far so good just let go and let God and wait to see what happens , enjoy your thanksgiving and your family , Hi Laura hope the bug didn,t come to visit your family and your all well, Hi Angela your words are full of encouragement I think for everyone I enjoy reading your posts, like I said I do about 6mles on my bike then I do some weights and when hubby comes home we usually go for a 30min walk depends on how tired he is I sit on my butt all day studying he works in a warehouse lifting furniture and stuff all day so sometimes he is,nt in the mood for a walk well thats it for me just thought i,d touch base with everyone you all make me feel so welcome especially on my down days bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE

SW 172
CW 168
GW 130
Old 10-12-2004, 09:31 AM   #9  

Talking

Good Morning

Well I am finally back. My trip was wonderful. Seems like quite alot has gone on here, it took me a while to get caught up with everyone. Let me start with the question of the week: I love this idea, thank you for starting it.

What is your favortie....

Color- yellow and orange
Day of the week- Friday, I love my weekends
Place to vacation- Block Island.... or the Carribean
Beverage- Water.... but love my morning coffee
Pig out or trigger food- Chinese... major downfall. I crave it sooooooo much
Healthy snack- I love fruit, expecially exotic fruit
Form of exercise- I loved aerobic, any form, step, kickboxing, high/low. But I haven't been able to physically do it in years. I am going to start pushing myself more. I really miss it, thanks to Sam, I miss it even more.
Brand of shoes-Adidas (All Day I Dream About Sex, ha, ha,ha)
TV show- love reality shows, Real World, Surreal Life, anything a littel off. As for comedy I love Still Standing and 2 and a half men.
CD or type of music-I love all types of music. I listen to country, jazz, classical, Blues, hip hop, R&B, soft rock, alternative, 70's, but my all time favorite is 80's Dance Classics... I love them.
Movie- Pretty Women, Jerry McGuire. sucker for a love story....

Thanks for sharing everyone. It is great to get to know each of you.

Well, let me start by saying, our chat last Thrusday night was fun. I was a little slow with trying to keep up, I had never done one. Therefore, I know I will get better with practice. I can't wait for the next one. Thank you Laura and Sam for being there. Look forward to doing again with others.

Laura: Thanks again for the chat the other night, I thought it was alot of fun. I came back, but you had gone. Anyway, I hope you didn't get sick. Are you making a CD, do you sing, play an instrument? I would love to hear it. Don't worry about the 2lbs. you'll get right back on track.

Joy, bravo on the 4lb loss and the 10mile walk, I would have been extremely tired after a day like that. Great job, keep up the good work.

Trisha: Thanksgiving, 3 days, that's ok, you'll be fine. Hang in there and enjoy them, your family, your friends. Have fun. can't wait to hear about them.

Fran, I hope your mom is ok, I'll keep her in my prayers. Hang in there.

Julie: Sorry to hear about the family issues and the 2lb gain. But you can lose them no problem. Hang there and you'll get back.
What are you studing for?

Sam: Boy were you hard on yourself. I am glad to hear that you are emotionally feeling better and getting back on track I was going to recommend that you re-read some of your old posts to help you motivate yourself, but your already there. Glad to hear Hubby is feeling better. Please do not ever feel bad for expressing your feelings to anyone. It is onething to feel bad about HOW you may have expressed your feelings, but not how your feel. Don't swet the 2 lbs. One Kickbox class will get rid of that Hang in there.

Angie: Great job on the 5 lb loss, that is aweseome, on vaca, what an accomplishment. I wish I could say the same.

Well, I haven't been able to weigh myself for some time due to a tempermental scale. I am praying that it is not right. because It had me up a whole bunch of weight, 7lbs. I was absolutely shocked. I do not know if it is the scale or from my trip. I thought I did pretty well on my trip, eat pretty good, went ot one of my favorite restaurants and order my fav. crab cakes, I made a deal not to eat it all and I didn't. I ate 2 cakes (not big) and half of the potatoes, ate my salad and veggies. I was proud of myself. And we walked alot. I didn't even use much gas in my car. Because we wlked most places. Oh well, I refuse to let that get me down. I have to re plan.
I sorry to make this post ssooooo long. Have a great day. Missed you guys. I'll check in later.

PS: I am defiantely in for the TC
Old 10-12-2004, 10:50 AM   #10  
Samantha

Morning ladies...how is everyone today?
I just got back from kickboxing, when my husband wakes up (lazy butt!!!) I will have him weigh me to see how far I have came from my backslide. Yesterday was a WONDERFUL day for me. I don't know if I told you all this, but earlier this year I bought a pair of pants that were tight when I bought them, but after I washed them the first time, they were unwearable. I could button them, but there was a HUGE roll of fat hanging over the waist line. And I could barely sit down in them. Anyways, they were my goal pants, to reach my goal I had to be able to wear them comfortably for an entire day. Well guess what I wore yesterday??? My goal pants!! I had told some people at work about them, and when I walked in, everyone was SO excited! So, I got to prance around a little to show everyone my pants before I started working. So that was really nice.
Anyways, I am going to grab some and probably take a nap LOL...today is my day off.

Sam
Old 10-12-2004, 05:48 PM   #11  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

G,day everyone hope your all well , welcome back Lynne glad you had a nice time , dont worry about the scales I used to obsess about weighing myself I was on them everyday and oooh they sometimes tell such fibs so just listen to your clothes if they still fit the same or better yet are getting looser take more notice of that than what the scales say, WOW way to go with the pants Sam you must be so proud of yourself I know it gives me a real boost to keep going on this journey well thanks for all the motivation I get from you all at this thread bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE
Old 10-12-2004, 07:56 PM   #12  

Thumbs down

Yikes....I just ate my weight in pasta!!!

On my way out to the parking lot at work, I discovered I had a flat tire. Luckily I was able to get it changed and patched. But those evil little voices were set off in my head. I talked myself out of getting fast food by making a deal that I'd fix pasta if I had it in the cabinet when I got home...not really knowing if I had any...but wouldn't you know, I did. My hubby isn't home yet, so I really binged!

I have yet to exercise like I'd planned!!

I'm not sure how this happened!!
Old 10-12-2004, 08:50 PM   #13  

Thanks everyone for the inspiring words of wisdom. I really do not know if it is right, but it is the closest it has been in a long time. Usually like 50 lb less. As for my clothes they still fit the same. So there could be some truth, I will have to try harder to get myself going.

Laura, talk about talent. Good for you. If you are able to upload I would love to hear it. I love to listen to people I know sing. I get tingly inside. What a gift.... If I had your talent I would want a guitar also. But I cannot sing or play an instrument. I would love to play the piano or the Sax, more so the piano. So calming. Maybe someday, whenI have more time for me. I tried to get my son to take piano lessons, thinking we could do it together.... but no he is all jock... oh well, my day will come. Glad to hear you did not get sick.

Have a great night to all.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:59 PM   #14  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

Gday to everyone from here downunder hope your all well, I,m not doing to bad finally lost the 2lb I put back on last week so that feels good long as I keep it off and it does,nt come back with friends which in my case happens quite often I think I,ve lost the same 25lbs off and on for years, what am I saying I dont lose it I just misplace it ,it always finds me again, lol anyway Laura lot of talent that explains the good vibes I get from your posts so much good energy I used to sing I do a bit of everything when I was younger I was in a band we did weddings , partys , clubs , pubs all sorts of functions , but you a CD ,WOW would be great to hear it here downunder who know,s somethings are inprobable but nothing is impossible good to hear you did,nt get the bug yet , well thats about it for me keep up the good work everyone , here,s hoping for me I,ll make this turkey challenge and lose those 10lbs fingers crossed . BLESSED BE JULIE
Old 10-13-2004, 09:30 PM   #15  

good evening to all... where is everyone.....
just a quick note, yesterday I was OP and walked 1 mile.... yeah.... Today I ate a couple of points extra..I guess my flex points. But I did 25 minutes of Yoga, 40 minutes of Step aerobic and walked 2 miles. I was so excited with myself. I got on the scale again this morning and it stated I was 264!!!!!!!!!!! This is my highest ever, even more than the day I delivered my son... I really want to do this, I need to do this. Everything hurts, I can't bend, I can barely tie my shoes. My back hurts. I weigh sooooo much. I am soooo big. Ok I'm back... ONe problem, I still can't get enough water. During our chat I am not sure if it was Sam or Laura giving us the break down... mine was 4 water bottles. I can only get in two.. any suggestions????
Well I hope everyone is having a good night. I'll check back in tomorrow.
Closed Thread