Old 10-06-2004, 09:52 PM   #1  

Default Time For Serious FUn #86

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

THIRD QUARTER CHALLENGE SEPT 1-JAN 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 09:54 PM   #2  

Ok, girlies, new thread. See you in the morning!

Faye
Old 10-06-2004, 11:05 PM   #3  

Default Hi Ladies!

I had a great day - my recruitment of new students at one of my toughest high schools went extremely well and I taught a belly dance class, made a pta presentation, attended half a choir rehearsal and took my daughter shopping this evening all between the hours of 5 and 8:30! And I was not even stressed about my evening-instead of saying "I am sooo tired" I felt like saying "I am so energized!"

The only woe is I am a little sad about my dh not coming home this weekend as planned. He has to stay in Germany another week.

But the silver lining is I have another week to get some things done around the house like clean up my the spare room/office suck up and dump the leaves in the woods clean out the goodwill stuff out of the house and the garage, and lose a few more pounds!

Hope everyone is having a great week. mscat 239/226/140
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 05:25 AM   #4  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. it is important to make time just for you, girls, so make sure you set some time aside for you.

back later girls. Doggie has a vet appt this am

Faye
Old 10-07-2004, 12:31 PM   #5  

Hi everyone,
Just a quick note to say I got 4 points yesterday. Not too sure about today, though. I'm eating well, but have a million things to do today to get ready for the workshop this weekend. I probably won't have time to exercise, BUT I'll make up for it by dancing all weekend.

Hope you all have a great day! I probably won't be back until Monday.

TTFN,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 02:26 PM   #6  

POINTS POINTS:

Julie
Faye

Julie: Have fun this weekend and don't shake anything out of place!

Hope all have a great day!

Faye
Old 10-08-2004, 12:05 AM   #7  

FRIDAY: Fabulous Pounds Down Friday. What are our losses this week?

I will be gone all day so will post in the evening pts and lbs for all

Faye
Old 10-08-2004, 08:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Morning chicks.

Nothing to report on losses. As for points have been doing good with the exercise and water but op hasn't been there for the last 3 days. Julie, have a great weekend. Mscat, man you were busy that one night. Almost something similar to what I go thru on the weekends. Hate them. Wasn't around yesterday at all was very busy for my day off. The one thing that I did get accomplished was getting myself another car. Not brand new but new to me and the motor is in great shape. So that is all that matters. Gotta go got lots of things to do before I go in to work tonight. Here's to a wonderful OP day to everyone.

sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 11:29 AM   #9  
It is what it is...

Hi, all, just a quick check in for now, still learning on the job, no losses to report this week, had a couple of cheat evenings, need to get my butt back in gear, seems sort of quiet here lately...well hope you all are doing well !!!
Have a great weekend!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 07:58 AM   #10  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Do you have something to share?

POINTS LBS DOWN FOR FRIDAY:

SandyG
Faye

Sorry I didn't get in here yeasteray but I was out all day and evening even. Had a grand time with T though how you mother's stand Chucky Cheese is beyond me. Screaming little rug rats everywhere and why are they not in school on a Friday during the day??? I know I have gotten old but SHHHEEEESSSHHHHH! I got a couple pieces of Lucy memorabilia and some beach theme stuff for my living room for my bd from dd and sil and my gds bought me this tiny clay mouse (he loves to do that because I have a rodent phobia and he likes to tease) The movie was ok but wayyyyyy too long for kids to sit through an more adult themed jokes.

I need to get going. My house is a mess downstairs from just coming home and dumping stuff and need to get a walk in this morning.

SUNNY THOUGHT: Grandson's 4 year old wisdom, when dd, nonny and T were trying on halloween headbands with bunny ears, witch, etc he sees a scarecrow one and says, "Hey Nonny, looked at the Haunted Farmer!"

Faye
Old 10-09-2004, 12:17 PM   #11  
I Can and I Will

MORNING BEAUTIFULS!!!! Have been mia the past 2 days... busy with laundry and other reorganizing things...lol lost a pound so yippee... i'll take it! So far so good on the south beach... and this week i am amping it up... i went and bought an exercise ball... its cool.. altho i have kink in my siatic jsut above my left butt cheek... more in the lower back... and i cant seem to get rid of it... i have been icing it... but exerciseing is just too painful... do i try my yoga to get rid of it or just rest it... i have been getting conflicting answers...lol any help would be helpfull ladies... I also bought some acorn squash.. i love squash... kids hate it.. so does hubby... so... more for me!! LOL
I hope yuou all have fantastic days topday.. take care of u... love you all

Sandy
Sandybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 10:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Hi all chicks!

Just popping in real quick. Faye, glad that you enjoyed your day out. No Chuckie Cheese here. We have something similar to it. As for standing it I go and play games with my boy. It has a buffet with pizza, pasta, and salad. IT is great to get to go but it takes and hour to drive there and the cost of the games is what get you.
Sandy, congrats of the lb. I feel for you with your problem wish that I had an answer for you but I don't have never had any experience with that.

I have finally got me a pedometer(sp) and I decided to see how far I walk while working and today it was at 4.26 miles when I hit the reset button. I wish that I hadn't hit it I was wanting to see how far that I walked today. While it is some exercise it isnt what my body needs. I tend to do better with weights so it is time to get back into the routine. Now that everything is settled I should be able to get back into the groove. Gotta get time to get some rest. Catch everyone in the morning.

sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 08:32 AM   #13  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our silly poll this week is: What do you want Santa to bring you this year?

check back later girls

Faye
Old 10-10-2004, 10:13 AM   #14  
I Can and I Will

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!!! well... the pinch is better in my back... so i think i will attemp to work out with the ball today... just easy and carefully tho... but i am going to walk today... maybe go to the nature trail... but so far the day looks beautiful.. crisp, and sunny... i just love days like this. Yesterday was a perfect day weather wise as well. It was my brothers birthday, the one who passed away last summer... and it was so totally his kind of day... it was really very comforting... is that strange?? im not sure i am conveying my feelings right but it was just a very good feeling... its k=like it was completely 'his' day.
I start a parneting with love and logic class on this tuesday... i am sooooooo looking forward to it. Its something i really want to do and its a night out so to speak.
as for the silly poll... i would like santa to bring me a house. something i can do whatever i want with... paint and deocorate...lol i would absolutly love it.
i hope you all have a fantastic day ladies... i will check back later... take care of u.. and love to u all... oh yeah.. 4 pts yesterday!
Sandy
Sandybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 01:17 PM   #15  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi ladies!

Well I am back from my sister's - I had a good time and it was great to see my nephews and niece. The youngest one, Jaden, is 16 months and he got very attached to me and cried when i left - aaah! i think it may be because he likes cuddles and I am soft and cuddly!

My sister and her husband are such healthy eaters - I have eaten low fat and healthy food all week! On the down side, I came home and pigged out on all the bad stuff I'd stayed away from all week - boo! But I do think I learnt from my sisters eating habits over the week (although I actually don't think she eats enough) - she and her husband prepared lots of quick and easy low fat and nutricious meals, I was really suprised at how easy they made it look!

I think I learnt 2 valuable things:

1) To keep my kitchen clean every day, so it is quick and easy to rustle up a quick meal. (sounds obvious, but this is a habit that i need to form)

2) To become the cook of the house. Too often, I refuse to cook because it is 'Nigels turn' - and then we get takeaway. i need to accept that I will have to cook ALL the meals and establish it as part of my routine. I also intend to start enjoying cooking - rather than viewing it negatively.

So, hopefully these 2 changes will help me establish a healthier way of eating and keep me away from the takeaway. I've still got to address my whole emotional eating thing, and will contact a counsellor about that - but these changes will help me to TAKE CONTROL of the kitchen and cooking once and for all.

I also went swimming twice with my sis,and on some long walks, so it was a healthy week - apart from when i spent the evening at my other sisters house and she ordered a huge indian takeaway - I ate far too much!

It's my TOM and i am full of water retention, so unfortunately I didn't lose any weight from my week at the 'health farm' - plus, I've come back and pigged out (PMS), so I've undone any good work! But, I feel positive about making a fresh start tomorrow.

Hope you are all well and happy!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote