Old 10-08-2004, 08:37 AM   #1  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Default SAHM's #269.......TGIF!!!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 08:46 AM   #2  

Default Good Morning Ladies !!!

Hope everyone got a good night's sleep last night. I think I slept for about 8 1/2 hours, up twice to potty. I had to put drops in my ear again so I went in to lay down and read while they were in there and sometime dozed off while reading a magazine. I think Erik must have turned the light off because I don't remember getting up to turn it off.

Not alot planned here today. Dd has school later and dh has to work again tonight so I have to get soemthing out to thaw for supper, not sure what yet. Andrew is going to a sleep over tonight for a boy in scouts and his class. So he won't be here for supper. I'm really wanting taco salad with no shells so I may go to the store today and get the rest of the things I need for that.

QOTD: What is your favorite type of food (i.e. Chinese, pizza, Mexican, etc.) and have you found any of that kind that fits with your plan?

Mine is undoubtedly Chinese. I wish they would offer nutritional information on the things avaliable, but they don't. I plan to reward myself with lunch at the local Chinese restaurant when I hit 20 lbs. gone. But will still eat with moderation. Heck, I'll probably feel guilty and order something all veggie from the menu instead of the buffet...... .

Hope everyone has a great day.

TTYL
Old 10-08-2004, 09:57 AM   #3  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default I wish it were TGIF...

This morning is one problem after another. The broken faucet upstairs leaked into the ceiling of the downstairs bathroom so we had a small flood on the floor. The sheetrock in the ceiling is ruined. Nicole broke a candle holder and was playing with the glass, then she took cereal she was eating and threw it on the floor...Glad there was no milk in it. We are certainly starting the day off with a bang!

So my day will be busy cleaning up the messes in the bathroom. DH is getting the stuff to fix the faucets. I told him it was leaking around the handles really bad and he said it was okayfor awhile...(famous last words!) He has some aversion to listening to me. Oh well.

I'm going to drink my self silly with water today. I'll be floating by mid-afternoon. Tonight I'll promise to behave. My DH's work is having an end of season BBQ..ribs and baked beans. He's the appliance technician (repairman) for a place that sells appliances, fireplaces, furnaces, and HVAC.

Just got a call from DH a sec. ago. Friday just got worse. He ran out of gas on the way to work. Lucky he was only a block away... He's been driving his ugly jeep...the gas gauge doesn't work. I'm thinking he just might want to get that one fixed. Well it's almost time to get the little people's to school...I think we'll walk today. I'm not sure I want to drive anywhere.

~Chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 10:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Ok, my WI.... I'm holding steady at 122 so I call that a success, lol... I didn't make good choices when dh was home and when I went to see him so I'm glad I maintained.
I guess I'll be grocery shopping sometime today. Don't really feel like it but I know I need to go. (wonder if I can postpone it until tomorrow, lol) I'm still looking for one more recipe for this week and then I'll finish up my grocery list.

QOTD-- my favorite food is... hmmm... I LOVE chinese too and pizza and Italian, lol. Oh and mexican, etc. I think I just love a little bit from it all, lol. And they all fit into my plan, I can either create a Core or low pts dish that is similar or just use my weekly pts on the real thing. That is the beauty of ww, nothing is off limits. Oh and my favorite dessert is a brownie fudge sundae!!! I might have to get one today!

Deana, I know you count calories but Dotties web site has a list of restaurants and a few are chinese with pt values for their food, you may be able to go to that site and get an idea of how many calories your favorite dishes are (just think 1 pt equals to about 50 calories) I'll post the link for you, http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html Hope that helps you some!

Angel, the ymca sounds like fun! I would join the one where the whole family could go, I would love that. You'll have to take a pic of the fish bathroom so we all can see it!

Chris, what did you watch last night? I ended up watcing Survivor, Life as we Knew it, and Primetime Live.

Melinda, it sounds like you are doing great lately! Who won the game last night?

Geri, hiya!! Are you working today? I think you are, have fun!

Crystal, that is so great that your doc respects your feelings on natural childbirth. I think it will be a great one! Did you sis do the squatting last night??

Well, I guess I better get around and get dressed and find another recipe so I can get out of here. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 10:04 AM   #5  

Chris, hang in there girl!!! What a morning you have had!! Maybe that was karma after your dh for not fixing that faucet when you told him to, lol... my faucet in the bathroom leaks too, it doesn't overflow or anything but it leaks enough to cause my water bill to rise about 15 bucks a month! Someday dh will fix it. I hope today gets better for you!! (((((HUGS)))))
Old 10-08-2004, 10:55 AM   #6  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Spryng...

Someday my DH will take my suggestions to heart. Glad I don't know anything about plumbing...He'd probably have me trying to fix it. The cold water handle got stripped out so he did a "temp" job on it and I told him water was running out of the handle when the water was on. He said it wasn't a big deal. Well, we found out this morning, that the water was flowing back into the wall from the faucet and running down...right into the other bathroom. The sheetrock is going to need to be replaced downstairs now.

As far as the TV thing goes...I had to catch Survivor, CSI: Los Vegas, and then ER. I am an ER junkie. I've been watching that show every year since it began. I was a Trading Spaces junkie too, but I have broken myself of that show for awhile. I should be watching though because they filmed an episode of it about 1 1/2 months ago just 3 blocks down from my house. That was cool!

I suppose I should get my little behind out of here and start cleaning up this house of mine. There's laundry to do...bathrooms to wipe up, and a kitchen that needs a serious cleaning. I miss one day in this house by going to work and it ends up looking like a tornado ripped through it.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 11:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Morning Ladies!!

Well I had an exciting night at work!! Someone tried to break into a guests car with a crowbar (this was after I assured him we were safe LOL) and so I called the police and they came and then they came back and told us that they had another call about 2 black men doing the same thing a street up! The man that made that report chased them off with a baseball bat! Anyway I was soooo uneasy last night at work my nerves were on edge well I had to help an elderly couple open their door cuz it was stuck for some reason well so I walk out to help them and I tripped and fell and this wasn't any old fall I Biffed it HARD!! I skinned my hands and knees it was hilarious though I laughed but the people I fell in front of thought I hit face first and knocked my teethout LOL so I tried to be as witty as possible though my pride was hurting and told them that now they know why I'm not a ballet dancer lol. God I'm a dork!!!

Chris I'm so sorry you are having a rough morning!! Wasn't last friday a bad one for you as well? I hope things get better fast!!

Spryng woo hoo way to go on the maintain inspite of some bad choices!! You are so awesome!! Any word on the job front for hubby?

Deana sounds like you got a full nights rest! Are your ears feeling better yet?

Well my girls are yelling at me to feed them so I suppose I better lol. Have a great day girls!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 11:22 AM   #8  

4/6 workouts this week. This morning was the treadmill and weights. Not much planned for the day. I thought JW was weaning to one nap, but he is sleeping this morning so I will have to see.

Chris - I am such an ER junkie. Every year I say I am going to quit and then I continue to watch. It will be interesting to see what happens to Carter. I had a gf that had a stillborn about 7 weeks ago. It is so tough for me to watch ER now.

Spryng - I think the posting is good for me. Maintaining is great! Another thing is that I go to a Mommy and Me WW and I know a couple of the people there so it makes me more accountable.

Happy Friday!
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 11:27 AM   #9  

Oh michelle! What a crazy night! How are you feeling today? Sore from the fall? How are your hands and knees? No, no word yet about that position dh applied for or mine either... maybe it's a bust on both ends. I think in my mind I've kinda given up hope on dh being able to come home every night. Maybe it's just not meant to be.

Chris, I used to be addicted to trading spaces too! I haven't seen an episode in a very long time. But I love CSI too but I wanted to check out that new show, Life as we knew it, last night. Seems kinda like Dawson's Creek... was I the only adult who loved that show? lol.

Well, the kids and I are all ready now so I guess we are about to leave. I found a recipe to complete my menu for this week so now I just have to go get the stuff, lol. For some reason I just really don't want to go grocery shopping today. Anyway, I'm thinking about visiting my in-laws tonight. I've been taping Lost for them (commercial free) and I thought I'd take it over there so they can watch the first 3 episodes. OK, gonna get going. TTYL!
Old 10-08-2004, 11:57 AM   #10  

Hello all! Just got back from my workout at the gym. I did awesome if I do say so myself. 15 minute workout on the bike and 30 minutes of swift walking and running on the treadmill on a high inclilne/hill. I burned 380 calories. YES!!!! At least I got back into exercise full force after not going yesterday. My legs are feeling MUCH MUCH better!

Chris. OH MY!! Wish I could be there to help you through this day. I tell ya, when it rains it pores! Hugs to you. Have a better day.

Spryng. YOu are doing so well. I think you look terrific, even if you never lose another pound! Maintaining at your weight would be great. And, when you do lose those last two pounds you will be jumping for joy. Remember though you are doing some of that PT exercises, you may be gaining some muscle and losing inches still. Even though the scale doesn't reflect lose wonderful things. KUTGW...Keep up the good work.

Deana, hope you are having a good day. Did you see my IM about CURVES giving a free initiation/service fee if you can prove you had a recent mamogram? That could be the break your looking for.

Michelle, what a crazy night. I would have done the same thing about the fall. Acting as if it was funny or something and inside I'd be so imbarresed! HOpe your hands and knees are ok.

Meltin, great job on those workouts this week. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:28 PM   #11  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls just a quick one from me so I can get to the gym on time. I slept in today because I was on classmates.com FOREVER last night cuz I couldn't sleep. Anyway I'm up a pound and a half but I was expecting it after 2 weeks of not making full CORE choices. I know I can get it off and I still need to take my measurements so I might have lost there. I am grocery shopping today too so I am going to make sure and fill the house with things I can have and that are easy to take to my night classes. That is where I am doing bad. One of my classes is in the mall and we have a food court so go figure I would get a pretzel and cream cheese. Too bad that was the healthiest thing there!! So annoying! So today is just gym, water, groceries and cleaning. I can't wait! LOL

Deana sounds like you got some good sleep, I wish I had that much but it was my own fault staying up so late. Get that water in!!

Chris I'm right there with you on the dh not listening. We have a leak in our bathroom too and he just keeps putting it off!! I think he might finally fix it this weekend though cuz since I have been at night class he has had nothing better to do than think about our leaky faucets! LOL Sorry you have had such a rough morning! I'm sure it will get better but you just have to take it one step at a time today. I hope the rest of the day is better!

Spryng thanks for the recipe! I'm going to add that to my menu for next week but will probably not make it for dinner since dh will not eat it. He is so picky, oh well more for me right? Anyway our leaky bathroom costs us money too! So annoying. I don't want to shop either today but I need to so I guess I will, it's partly the reason I have been doing bad was there is nothing I want to eat in here so I make dh go get me something I should have. Anyway I hope your shopping goes good, TTYL!

Michelle I first want to say I hope you are ok. Then I want to say !!!!!!! I had to laugh, sorry. I just pictured you falling and it is so something I would do so I saw myself doing it and then saying, now you know why I'm not a ballet dancer, and was cracking up!!!! So funny. Anyway scary about work! That would freak me out!! No thanks!!

Great job at the workouts Melinda, you are doing great!!

Mel you are awesome too! Look at you with all your workouts this week. I have lower body weights today so I will be sore tomorrow and will probably not be able to walk in the grocery store today, oh well it's a good feeling right?

Ok ladies I need to get off here and get the baby fed and dressed for the gym. I'll talk to you in a little bit!!

Oh ya QOTD: I'm with spryng, I like a little bit of everything! Love fried Chinese shrimp and big fatty mexican burritos the best though, and oh ya fried rice too!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:38 PM   #12  

Well I haven't done squat yet today but look at ebay for some Halloween napkins for school parties. I checked Walmart last week and they didn't have any napkins. The cups I can get there but no napkins. What's up with that? I need a minimum of 42 for both classes, so I'm watching 3 different auctions.

Spryng: I checked out Dottie's site. Our local Chinese is individually owned but I imagine the recipes are close to other restaurants. I bookmarked it so I can check back when I need it. Thank you. on maintaining this week. Those last 2 pounds will be the hardest to lose just because you want them gone so bad. But it will happen!

Michelle: My ear has less pain but is so stuffed up with fluid I can barely hear out of it. Which isn't good since I am a little hard of hearing in that one anyway. I put drops in again this morning and will do it again this afternoon and evening. Hope it helps. Of course it makes no sense toe to put liquid in a fluid filled ear....grrrrr!!! So sorry about the rough night. Hope they catch the guys that broke in the cars. How bad are you banged up? Not too bad I hope.

Mel: Yes I checked out that link but I haven't had a mamo and the offer only lasts til the 16th of this month. It would help alot but I doubt I could get in for a mamo in that short of time and by the time I paid for it, it would probably be about the same amount as if I paid the startup fee and I wouldn't have to get my boobs squashed to spend the same amount.... . But thank you for the info. Glad you got to the gym today and that your legs are feeling better. Keep it up girl, you are doing awesome!!!

Chris: If I lived closer I would come fix your bathroom since we just did ours a couple weeks ago. It's no that bed just takes time. We replaced the faucet, handles and shower plumbing and then put up green board (water proof sheetrock) and shower board and did that wall for about $100 total. Now I want to put showerboard on the other walls and that will be about another $90 or so and a days work. Maybe dh running out of gas in his "ugly" jeep is an omen for him.... . Hope things get better today. Atleast you know Nichol is feeling better .

Melinda: wtg on the workouts. Keep it up girl!

I have to get ready to take dd to preschool then to the grocery store. Supper tonight will be taco salad, no shells for me, and the only thing I actually have is shells and meat. But that's what I'm craving and it's low cal without the shells. Getting ready to start on the water and haven't excercised because of my ear. I feel like I need to walk around with my head cocked sideways all day.... .

TTYL
Old 10-08-2004, 12:47 PM   #13  

Jill: You snuck in on me while I was typing my book....LOL. I have the opposite problem with my dh, he will eat anything except cooked cabbage so everytime I ask him what he wants he just says he doesn't care as long as it's food.

Ok ladies.......everyone send me $100, I will send you a list of things I will need and I will travel the country fixing bathrooms...... And I promise.....no plumber's crack here.....
Old 10-08-2004, 01:22 PM   #14  

Hey, Jill, don't worry about that little bit of weight. Maybe tom is doing it or water. Good luck, and have fun at the gym. Jill, it is a good feeling, because you know that you worked that part of your body and after a while it won't hurt and that means you've accomplished something. Of Course, just as it doesn't hurt anymore, must mean that it's time to increase weight or resistance. Right...LOL

Deana, maybe your doctor will write a note saying you had a mamo, so that you could join the gym. It's not a medical document. Maybe the doctor will help you out since they know that you have to lose some weight. I'm sure it's a possiblity. Tell them you will do the mamo by the end of the year or something. AT least you might be able to get in to Curves without payment. Just tell the dr that the exercise club is offering free service/initiation fee if you had a mamo recently and that even though you haven't you want to soon anyway. You really want to join, but can't afford the fee right now, would you help me out please????? Please doct? Pretty please...LOL. Worth a shot maybe.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 01:34 PM   #15  
**Kristin**

hi ladies! Just wanted to let you know that I am al little bit MIA ! I as gone all day yesterday adn just got home. I HAVE to get some stuff done around here and then I can come down and post when sydney is napping. I missed you all so far today and definately yesterday! I am going to have to go back to wednesday night posts until the present to catch myself up! LOL! TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote