Old 10-05-2004, 01:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default NSVs for October

I don't have any right now, but always enjoy reading them. So, anyone have an NSV they'd like to share? If so, share it here!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 08:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I logged on just so I could read about NSVs and there's nothing here! Okay, we're five days into October--somebody must have an NSV! Anybody?

Looks like I'm going to be forced into taking my measurements (which I haven't done in months) just so I can post that I, hopefully, lost an inch. Come on, people, don't make me do that!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 08:40 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Even though I have gained, I am still turning heads when out for a walk. For the right or wrong reason, I'm not sure. But it still felt nice.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 08:51 PM   #4  
and Cody too!

S/C/G: 265/245/165

Height: 5'6"

I guess mine is that I painted my toenails yesterday, and it wasn't nearly as difficult as it used to be. I suppose there isn't as much in the way of bending down to paint them as there used to be.
JennasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 10:11 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

NSV's so far

- Wearing a normal size XXL women's shirt
- Doing jumping jacks
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 10:17 PM   #6  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

1. I'm buying size 16's regularly now! (Still both a 16 and an 18, depending on the fabric and the cut, but it's still exciting to be down from a 26/28!)

2. I've been told twice in the last two days that I look 10 years younger! (I'm now 40 -- but feel 30 -- so that felt GREAT!) I don't think either of them was trying to get in my pants either!

3. I went to one of my company's annual parties (we have two each year) and this time last year I was the second largest woman there; this year I was solidly in the "average" sized category of women in the company. (I think that tells a sad truth about the sedentary nature of our jobs.) Making it to "average" is just a step in the road, but damn, it's progress and I'll take it! I can't wait till the Holiday party; the pic's of me last year brought tears to my eyes more than once, -- there's still a book at the front of our office for everyone to see that's full of those pictures -- so I'm looking forward to the new ones for a comparison (and a much-needed update!) Obviously I'll still have a ways to go then, but I know that I'll love seeing the progress.

4. I love leaning over in my seat to reach in my bottom file cabinet drawer now -- it now feels like an opportunity to comfortably stretch, rather than like a painful tourniquet around my middle! Really, anything to do with bending over my much-smaller belly just makes me so happy now. I'm an apple, so at 284 pounds, you wouldn't BELIEVE how big my belly was.....this for me is a joyous thing!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:05 PM   #7  
Live for the Moment!

Congrats to you all! Those are great NSV's..

My first one is feeling more confident.. I haven't stepped on the scale in a couple weeks and have probably gained however I'm doing my best to get back on track. And, I've found I have a tiny bit more self-esteem and I'm starting to take better care of myself... Doing my nails, went and bought some nice clothes - mainly just focusing on me a little more!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 09:37 AM   #8  
beautiful

despite showing nearly a 3 pound gain this week i have an nsv so i'm happy!

this morning i was getting dressed and i pulled out a pair of my sponge bob lounge pants. i think they are a men's size XL because that is what size i was wearing this time last year. so i put them on and OMG i have lots of room! last year if i remember correctly they were a little fitting even though they are stretchy.

and another thing is that i've been coming here and posting and reading without disappearing for a while now!

oh and this morning when i was trying on shoes i fit into an 8 1/2 W and usually i wear a 9W. i still bought the 9's though because they didn't have the ones i wanted in 81/2 w.

Last edited by jkfla; 10-06-2004 at 10:09 AM.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 10:16 AM   #9  
Jennifer

I have two NSVs to report, one that's not even about just me -- how's that?

The first is more clothes changes. I think the paper towel theory is *really* true, because the first 20 pounds didn't seem to make a ton of difference, but now it seems every 5 pounds, I'm down a half-size! This weekend I went shopping and got 2 size 18 shirts from Lane Bryant and a size 18/20 skirt from Old Navy!!!! I'm such a pear, so I'm still wearing size 22/24s in pants at Lane Bryant, but it felt good to have the 22/24 skirt at Old Navy be too big (even if it *is* size inflation!).

The second is really exciting for me. I have expressed some slight frustration here before with hubby's lack of interest in making food-related changes. We've both been doing very well about going to the gym every day (or in his case, almost every day ). But since he's long been a junk food junkie, he was still bringing home treats that I would have to struggle to avoid (if I even knew they were there, since we had a don't ask/don't tell policy on treats!).

Anyway, since May when we both started working out, he's lost fewer than 10 pounds. I've been very careful, however, not to push but to sort of "model" healthy weight loss. I think my efforts are starting to pay off. This week he asked me to set him up an account in Diet Power, and he's been faithfully tracking his calories (he wants to do it for at least a week). I think it's been a huge wake-up call for him to see how many calories he was really eating! We've been working together on planning balanced meals, and he's even been asking me for nutrition advice.

I can't tell you how excited I am that we are doing this together. I think it's the right thing for his health and mine, and it makes it so much easier to do it together. I consider this sort of a personal victory, as well, because it's clear that seeing someone else's success has inspired him.

Sorry this is so long...just wanted to contribute some NSVs! I love reading how everyone is doing, and it's so helpful to see them during the times when the scale is refusing to move.
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 10:59 AM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I have one today and that is
- Looking at a recent picture of myself and not being disgusted

There is a picture of me at work, full body shot, with a couple coworkers and when I saw it, I wasn't totally disgusted at how I looked. That is almost amazing for me.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 01:22 PM   #11  
beautiful

wow nelie! that one is amazing! i dont think there is a pic of me out there that i'm not disgusted with. LOL i even look at pics from when i was thin and get disgusted because i looked like i was on drugs or something and still thought i was fat and then i get disgusted thinking how could i do this to myself (be too thin and then gain all this weight). i think this time around i will be more positive about myself.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 01:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Wow, great job guys *applause*

Hopefully I will have a NSV to report soon :-) Although I think the fact that I am still here and on track and exercising is sayiing alot, so I will count that as a small nsv,..lol
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 01:54 AM   #13  
Live for the Moment!

Great Job Everyone!

Heather - I'm sure you'll have one soon.. Afterall, we're only 7 days into the month!

Another one for me... Today, 3, yes THREE people told me I look great and you can totally tell I've lost weight. I don't really see it yet.. and considering I haven't been on the scale in 3 weeks.. I'm not sure how accurate the info is. But, nevertheless... I felt great! So, hopefully the scale speaks the same on Saturday.
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 02:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I don't have any NSV's yet.. soon I hope! But I just wanted to comment

Jennifer - that is a HUGE HUGE NSV! if my bf did that I'd literally have a heart attack.. heck I'd die if he ate veggies, and not just 5 dollar pizza and coke all the time. Congrats

Celina - you DO look great, your little picture on here just doesn't do you justice!

Heather - you are a walking NSV, I'm SO impressed with how you've been doing on your plan (I've been lurking but reading everything). Keep it up!

Shelly - I'm disgusted that you were disgusted that you thought you were disgusting! hehe, how's that for a tongue twister? But I hear you on that picture thing, I look at pictures of when I was smaller and look at my "fat" pictures.. I want to go back and smack myself silly!
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 09:09 AM   #15  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Wow, I love this thread!! I'm so proud of all you guys, and I find reading this just so motivating -- it makes me feel so happy!

I wanted to add the latest report from my doc:
* Before losing weight, my blood sugar had been high, and now it's great
* Before losing weight, my cholesterol (including LDL) had been high, and now it's LOW
* Before losing weight, my blood pressure had been high, and now it's in the low average/absolutely normal range
* My risk for heart disease is now "below average"
* I tested negative for any kind of thyroid stuff
* I have no insulin resistance or diabetes...and I was definitely trending that way before

(I still have something going on with my breathing, the enlarged lymph node on my neck that I've had for months, and he said my white blood cell count is through the roof, so he's concerned and wants me to do some other tests......but I'm really excited about the stuff above!!!)
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote