General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-30-2004, 05:16 PM   #1  

Default Doing Own Own Thing - October

Hi, ladies! Here we are, another month. Hope you post soon!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 07:36 AM   #2  

Susan: You were johnny on the spot getting Oct started! Thanks for doing this. I appreciate it!

We are pretty sure the leak is not ours but something with the neighbor. Jack went over yesterday afternoon to talk to them, but only little kids were in the house and had no idea where or when the adults would be back. I guess I will have to make a stab at it this morning. I am wondering if maybe her washer hose is sludged up and or the drain and it is backing up and coming right in to our bathroom. It smells though, so it might be the toilet, UGH (I have to clean it up) Our reasoning is this. It stays dry for long periods than whoosh soaked floor. If it was a leaking pipe, say under the floor or in the wall it would be continuous water in some form or other and we should see wall damage, which there is none. It is only in one small area, the toilet is not the problem, the water to the fridge isn't the problem, nor is anything connected with the kitchen sink, ie disposal, dishwasher whatever. It also isn't my washer and it is only on the floor so it isn't coming from upstairs. I have to tell you I am tired of doing 3-5 loads of towels a day when it is bad!

I moved the pantry by myself yesterday morning so my abs and delts are SORE! I hated for dh to come home and have to do it and the rug was wet (it sat up against the wall where the leak is) I cleaned the rug and rearranged the room and then had to put the pantry food all back, which was probably the worst job of all!

Hope everyone is going to have a fun and exciting weekend. The Early Show is here in Memphis today because supposedly Memphis is the fattest city in the country! Must be all that BBQ!

Take care

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 03:09 PM   #3  
DNW

Quick hello to all. I am drowning in my statistics course and can't seem to keep things in my head very long. Food could be better and I think it is the tension from this course. I need to slow down but can't until this damn course is over. And listen to this...final is 12/22/04....my instructor has no life.

Peace!

Love,
Carol
DNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 05:11 PM   #4  

DNW - hope your statistics course gets better - a real bummer about the exam so close to Christmas.

Faye - have you found the source of the leak? I'd be over there in the middle of the night if I had to to talk to them. Surely they wouldn't let a leak go on and on?
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 07:34 AM   #5  

morning ladies!

Carol: My husband says statistics is a real booger of a class anyway! Just think of it as a means to an end!

Susan: We finally got ahold of someone on Friday evening and she confirmed what I thought that the leak is the washing machine. The woman has been out of town but some slough off family member is living there and here was her response. "Yes, we have a little leak with the washer but not much water!" I told her no, that it was all coming under the flooring and flooding our bathroom floor and told her it had already ruined our linoleum in there (truth be told it is being replaced down the line anyway, but wanted her to get the point!) Anyway, they must have fixed it because no more leaks and I heard her machine running on Sunday morning so we watched to see if it still leaked.

I started Dr Phil's program uesterday! TORTURE! The rapid start part, which lasts two weeks is like 1100 cal and you only get 2 fruits and one carb. It is mostly veggies but I got through yesterday and will continue on. I need more of a structured program with menus (at least menu outlines, ie breakfast, 1 protein, 1 carb, one dairy etc) and that is why I never did WW. I knew left to my own devices I would cheat cheat cheat. I will keep you updated on my progress. I saw two of the guys from his weight loss challenge on his show yesterday and the guy that won the car looks phenomenal. I think he has lost more since the last challenge show and looks like a totally different person.

Need to get out and get my walk in. have to take it easy though, as my bad knee has been hurting since yesterday so I am going to do a shorter walk with no climbing then do upper body weights today for exercise.

Have a great day and hope so see some of our oldies post soon!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 05:53 PM   #6  
banned

hi guys,
can i join in? i dont reallyknow where else i fit in....hehhe.
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 11:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 212/144/130

212 start/ 161.0 current/ Goal 130
51 lbs lost so far!
start size 20 current size is 12

Hi,
I am new! I am looking for help getting over a hump. I have lost weight the old fashioned way, on my own and it was a year in July! I have gotten down to 156 and then the last two months went up to 165! Now over the last 3 weeks have gotten down to 161.0. I work long hours, am married, and have a 3 year old little girl! Help. I only have time to walk at lunch and do that for about 30 min. 3-4 times a week and use to use my treadmill...........burnt out! I get to do stuff on the weekend now and then. I lost most of my weight while home on a lay off and walked on my treadmill for about 30-50 min 3-5 times a week now 0! I do eat good. I eat 6-7 meals aday, small portions and no fried foods, mayo, soda or sweets. Help! I am so scared to gain back all my weight. I have a s-l-o-w system and have alway had a weight issue. I wrote a full intro on the "Doin' it the old fashioned way" thread page 82 if anyone wants to get to know who I am and how I lost the weight.
amoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 12:59 PM   #8  
banned

hi amoses,
welcome there must be something in the air b/c i have balooned to 164 as of yesterday
Old 10-07-2004, 01:26 PM   #9  
DNW

Welcome Andreaphilp and amoses:

I use fitday.com amd record all my food and exercise. It helps me keep myself "honest" about what I really put in my mouth vs. what I think I do. I have been using the site for 2 years and have lost 25 lbs just by being more aware of what I am "really" eating.

For anyone trying to gain control again this might be a good idea....I am glad you are both here and look forward to both your success.
DNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 01:54 PM   #10  
banned

thanks dn
congrats!!!!
Old 10-07-2004, 03:19 PM   #11  

"Thanks for the welcome!" I am glad to have found a support group and am going to take a look at that site. I am one that like to record everything and keep charts and list.................I have been having so much fun cooking new meals. I have just bought a house that has a large eat in kitchen and I like to cook. I have been getting new low fat meals from 3FC and from foodfit.com and so far I think it is helping stay away from the quick high fat meals I have been making for my family. Cook well-eat well
Old 10-07-2004, 03:51 PM   #12  
banned

good for you amoses keep up the good work
Old 10-08-2004, 02:43 PM   #13  

Default Thanks!

DNW, I went to Fitday.com and I love it. I like how it keeps up with everything for you and makes charts for your food, exercise and weight loss. I was just having fun with it and filling in the info. I am so glad it is Friday I am going to have a nice weekend at home with my family. My little girl had her first field trip today to a pumpkin patch. She is 3. I can't wait to hear all about it when I get home. I went out today for lunch to the "China buffet" with a girl friend. I have been good every day so I don't feel too bad and didn't over eat like I wanted too, but I know it was still a lot. You have to treat your self now and then or you will fail. I hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 10-08-2004, 02:45 PM   #14  
banned

hey moses,
buffets are tuff but yre right! you do have to treat thyself!
Old 10-09-2004, 08:15 AM   #15  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Hello and yes I'd like to join in too! Hey amoses we meet again, sounds like you have found a good site. I am going to start to go on the fitday.com it will be a good log in your info. spot. Thanks DNA for the idea.
I am trying to get back into exercising at the gym but pulled a muscle in the top part of my back this week. Last night I actually slept better but its still tender. I am going to go walking today and do a bit of fall yard work. I am leaving on Wed. for a trip to Seattle to vacation at my sons. I will be gone for 9 days. I know it will be kind of hard to eat healthy all the time but I am going to try to keep my water intake up and when possible make healthy choices but it is my vacation time . So I will slip up a bit but with holidays around the corner I need to be careful. I gave up using elevators at work and at least do the stairs. Its funny but when you do a change like that it becomes habit after awhile and I just go to the stairs now. Well that was one good change many more to come in the future. The sun is shinning this a.m. and hopefully I will get outside to enjoy it today. Good luck everyone with your healthy living and enjoy your weekend. I am also going to the apple farm and pumpkin farm with my grankids. Oh I am one of those younger grams Only 50!!!!!!!!! I thought turning 50 in July would kill me but I feel no different and just trying to stay young I guess will be my battle.
Take care, Current wt. 171. goal 155 Lost so far 9lbs. it took awhile! Help!
Skyfirefly

Last edited by cacmsc; 10-09-2004 at 08:20 AM.
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote