Old 10-06-2004, 07:17 AM   #1  

Talking STAY AT HOME MOMS # 267 Wednesday!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Last edited by melmcc99; 10-06-2004 at 06:43 PM.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 07:24 AM   #2  

Morning all! All I have to say is that I am soooo sore from yesterday's workout. Every part of this body is aching. woooowee! Going up and down the stairs is a challange this morning, but I know that's because it was the first time I did all that stuff.

JIll, don't feel bad about the pics. You are beautiful...the is just reminding you to stay on track thats all. Thats why only one looks like that. It's a warning, not to eat the candy...lol I know you know that's not the way you look, but I've been there before too with picture, oh my gosh, the ones from my bf wedding are soo horrible it's not funny. I told he that when I lose my weight, I'll put the dress back on and paste me over the old picture...lol

Michelle, I just wanted to say that you are very giving of yourself. I know those people will appreciate your time and effort. I'm really proud to know you. It takes a special person to do what your doing. Keep up the good work.

All right ladies, I am going to get myself ready for the gym, but god only knows how I'm going to do anything this sore. I will give it my best shot! ttyl
Old 10-06-2004, 07:38 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Happy Wednesday

Good Morning Ladies.
Mel, glad to see you up early again. Did you sleep well?

Michelle, way to go on the getting the ball rolling on those two things.

Jill, I want to see proofs. Were they just you and Bayley or the full family photo?

Cindi, glad you got some rest in.

Hello to Deana, Angel, Chris, Amy and Amy, Geri, Spryng, Penny, and Jessica. And to all you other sahm's. Hope you all have a great day.

I slept pretty good, Andrew woke up once and then at 615 so I stayed up and he went back to sleep. I think today I'm staying home and doing more laundry and maybe joining another flylady challenge. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 08:49 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies

Crystal,
Glad you had a pretty good night. How did you like the flylady challenges yesterday? Did you get alot accomplished?

Melissa,
Hang in there girlie That burn is a good burn! I have that same burn We are doing great! Are you feeling skinner

Sorry I didn't go back to yesterday's thread. I read it all and I will respond to each and every one of you when I get back from bringing Hunter to school.. I'm late....lol

Ok yesterday my eating wasn't the best..... I was upset about it but I did something about it... I did 50 minutes last night the 3 mile walk and I got in 70something oz. of water! YAH!

Today I have already done the 2 mile walk (30 something minutes) and I have downed 20 oz of water! YAH!!!!

WEIGH TO GO GIRLIESSSSSSS!!!

LET'S KEEP GOING------------------->>>>>>>>>
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 09:55 AM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

good morning,

If its not one thing around here, its another. Now Nicole has diarrhea. What to do with the girl.

I made it through all the water yesterday and got some exercise in and didn't send my WW points through the roof so I guess it was a great day.

Michelle-glad you are able to help so many people. It must be a great feeling to help out in the capacity that you are. I really admire that. As far as being with someone who has no family-That will mean so much to the person. It's probably very scary for most.

Hi all you other gal pals. I'll check back later after I get the little peoples off to school. Then I won't have to play the time crunch game. Be back later.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 11:13 AM   #6  
**Kristin**

Hey there ladies! A quick post from me! I am so pumped! Yesterday I had 90 oz. of water, got a 2 mile walk in and slept great! WOW! TOday I have already gotten the dishes done, breakfast done, beds made, kitchen wiped down and now i am getting me and dd ready for another walk! It is tougher with her, but I am going to do it. I bought a podometer and now I am watching every step I take and my goal is to make it 5000 or more a day! MY ultimate goal is 10,000.........that is what is recomended for active weight loss on the little pamphlet! I haven't had any water yet, I had a small glass of Crystal light pink lemonade...I have to have somethign with flavor in the morning, and i don't drink coffee! LOL - but it was only 1 flex points, because it is sugar and fat free! DH and I talked more about the gym last night, and we decided that it would be good, but I have to find one that I like as far as the daycare part goes.....and dh said we just have to wait about 1 month, FINE WITH ME! ANyway, so now I am off to walk! Hope you all have a great morning! Oh!!! BTW - If any of you like Sprite, they have a new one out, its called Diet Sprite Zero..no sugar, no carbs, no calories! WOOO-HOOO! I am excited to try it! TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 11:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning ladies!

Tanner once again slept until after 9 am, maybe this is his new schedule?? I hope so! LOL! I can definitely get used to it, lol.
I don't have much planned for today, the usual house stuff and some more crocheting. The blanket is coming right along but is far from done. It's all done in squares and there will be 12 purple squares and 13 offwhite squares, plus 13 butterfly motifs and attaching it all together and I'm on square 7 of the purple. So slowly but surely. That is why I wasn't online during nap time yesterday, I've decided to use nap time and about 1/2 hr after bedtime to devote to this blanket so I can get it done. My cousin's baby shower is the end of this month. I don't think I can get done in time but I'm trying really hard.
Ok, I have exciting news to report! Well for me anyway, lol... I found a neat website yesterday www.freetrainers.com and it's a site for getting you a workout routine to really tone and get lean. I recalculated my body fat % and it said I have 26% body fat (unlike mybodycomp.com which said 31%, I found out yesterday that site is really off, to my relief, lol) so anywhere from 18-25% is healthy so I'm almost there. So I got an 8 week strength training workout and 12 week ab workout and I'm going to do it! The strength training is only 3 days a week and abs are 2 days a week, so I can do this! Every week the workout changes so your body has variety. So today I start it. I'm very excited about the results in 8 weeks. I'm not going to measure again until the 8 weeks is over. Anyway, just thought I would share!

Penny, don't feel bad, I never got back here yesterday either but I did read everything this morning. So I am caught up. And that is wonderful that you got in some extra exercise last night! Feels good doesn't it? Whenever I over eat the first thing I want to do is something to burn it off... not that I always do it, lol... but it's great that you did! You are doing so great lately! Keep it up!

Chris, that is so true with kids, if it's not one thing it's another, right? Hope your dd gets better fast! And congrats on doing so great OP yesterday! I think everyone is having a good OP week!

Crystal, glad you got a good nights sleep. Any news with your sis?? I don't even know her and I feel so excited and anxious for her, lol.

Mel, what kind of workouts did you do yesterday? What parts of the body did you focus on?

Michelle, you are truly my inspiration! What a wonderful selfless woman you are! Volunteering for all that says so much about your character, I wish I could do the same. Let us know how things progress ok?

Jill, I'm sure those pictures are better than you think. When we went down and had family pics made (the entire family, in-laws and all) I hated my picture when it was done! My face also looked big and I was shiny! (nothing worse huh? lol) but everyone that sees it says differently so we really are our worse critics. I'm sure you look great!

Geri, how was your first day OP? Great I hope, no late night munching was there? Oh and yes the kitten came out from behind the dishwasher finally... I guess sometime during the other night because when I turned it on yesterday morning nothing happened so I found a mirror and stuck it back there so I could see and it was empty, I found her behind the dryer, lol. But she stayed hid all day and once the kids went to bed last night she came creeping out, made a bee-line for the litter box and played all night, lol. I think she just needs more time to get used to all of us. She was 100% wild when they caught her so she's adjusting. The other one is as friendly as can be though, it was all over me yesterday, very cute. And the litter box is in the open but Tanner hasn't really touched it. He did destroy their food yesterday but the littler box has been safe so far, I hope it continues, I don't have anywhere to hide it so the kittens can get to it though so it has to stay where it is.

Well, I am running out of time so I'm going to have to stop posting for now. Sorry if I missed any of you! I'll be back soon though. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 12:12 PM   #8  
Focus on the Process

Hey I'm back home...and watching...you guessed it! We are watching Jamaiica Barbie. I think I have the words memorized now. Scary!

I have a mission today. I'm rearranging my kitchen cupboards. We bought this house 1 1/2 years ago and I'm finally going to make my kitchen a bit more functional. I cleaned the kitchen last night before I went to bed. Most of the laundry is done. All I have to do is clean the family room and our bedroom. Our bed is somehow Kayla's play area. She sets up all her polly pockets and lil' bratz dolls and plays on it all the time. I think the flylady would call it a "hot spot". I may even get enough time in to work on my scrapbook. Yesterday I helped my sister work on my nephew's quilt. It's going to be cute. I'd love to make another quilt but she has my sewing machine right now. I don't have a chance of getting it back until she's done making the bumper pads and his crib skirt. I wish I had her creativity. They decorated their sons' bedroom so neat. I'll have to sneak pics of that too.

TTFN...I gotta go. I feel like a ball of energy today. And I've already downed 24 oz. of water. Yippeee...

~chris
Old 10-06-2004, 12:24 PM   #9  

Chris, give us a little profile, so I can add you. Just like some listed.

Spryng, Yeh! onTanner sleeping in again...Bugga was up at 620 ughhh... Yesterday we worked the WHOLE body, to find out where my strenghts and weaknesses are. We found my right side is more flexible then the left, but not as stong and vise-versa. Today, I took a hot shower to losen up and headed for the gym. I was able to get threw 25min on the treadmill before, my legs had enough. Then I did some streching exercising for 10minutes to losen up everything. I felt good until I got home. I am hurting even more now. OH MAN! walking down the stairs is horrible. I can barely do it. I might have to take another hot shower just to losen up again. It's amazing the muscles I found in this body...lol. I am taking a class in croching now. I like it, but I don't think I'm very good at it. I guess it'l take time. She goes through so much so fast and then you mix it all up. double crochet, half double and so on. I was practicing the other day and realized I was doing it all wrong. It looked pretty cool thow. It made such a nice look. lol I invented my own stitch. I was trying to do a half double and went YO and threw the loops, went through one stitch and then through all three. INstead of going under the loops and then through all three. It looks really neat though. Cool on that site btw. I'll have to check it out. have a good one.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:46 PM   #10  

Wow, kinda quiet here today huh? That's ok, makes it easier for me to keep up, lol.

So I haven't got much done today, as far as housework anyway. I did a load of dishes and then worked on my blanket. When the kids went down for thier nap I exercised!!!! I haven't worked out in quite a while so it felt good. Hard, but good. I did pushups, bicep curls, squats, rear dips, chin ups, lateral lifts, calf raises and then my abs, 30 crunches, 30 leg lifts, and 30 side twists. I was worn out when I was done. I know I'll be sore tomorrow. But tomorrow is a rest day so that is ok. I took a cool shower and then made my crustless pumpkin pie and got it in the oven and now the house smells sooo good! We are having Spinach and Chicken Pasta tonight with corn on the cob and then the pie for dessert. What are you all planning?

Mel, take it easy the rest of the day and let your body recover, lol.. and send some of that energy and zeal my way! That's so great that there is another crocheter here!!! Are you working on anything specific or just practicing your stitches? I am pretty much self taught. I grew up in a house where my mom and grandma crocheted and my mom was dyslexic so she couldn't teach me because it messed her up, lol and my grandma only taught me how to make a chain. So several months ago I decided I needed a hobby so I went to walmart and bought a teach yourself to crochet kit and have been doing great since! I got alot of info off the net too. I've made 2 baby afghans so far and working on two more. But I just love it and it's so relaxing.

Chris, you have lots of pent up energy too! Good luck on your kitchen project, sounds like work! lol. My kitchen is very functional so I'll leave it the way it is, lol. I have a sewing maching I've never used, I want to take up sewing someday too.

Kristin, you snuck in on me earlier... sounds like you did awesome yesterday! Keep it up! How many steps have you taken so far today? That's strange about the new diet sprite, the old diet sprite didn't have sugar, cals, or carbs either so what is so different about this new one?? Hmmm... I may have to look it up.

Ok, I'm off here for now. Will be back later!
Old 10-06-2004, 03:52 PM   #11  

ok, looked up the new sprite and found out this... it's the same as the old diet sprite, they just decided it needed a new look and new name but it's the exact same diet sprite, so I hope that helps... it did for me, lol.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:05 PM   #12  

Hello, ladies! I was down 1.6 yesterday, that is 3.4 in 2 weeks. I guess the days on 5 pounds in the first week are over. I have been doing core but also tracking my points.

Spryng - Thanks for all the great recipes. I am going to have to try them all out.

Geri - Are you back to work part or full time?

Crystal - Are you going to find out girl or boy?

Michelle - Still busy with the kids and working!

I can not seem to remember much of any of the post. Have a good week ladies.
I have overbooked our week as usual. JW is up.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 04:14 PM   #13  
Focus on the Process

Spryng, I'd have to agree with you. It's really quiet on here today. Well I got my kitchen all organized. Now all my cooking supplies are together above my counter and stove so I can have my own little prep area. I have 2 more loads of laundry to do, and my bedroom left to clean. Not too shabby. I even got outside and cleaned out our carport of all the leaves. Tonight, I'm sure it will be cleaning with my husband at his work...which means I'll be doing the mopping. He hates it.

Oh BTW Spryng...where are you getting all the dinner ideas? I am absolutely sick of eating the same thing over and over again. And I am the "uneducated" cook when it comes to preparing healthy food. I can handle breakfast and lunches but after that....forget it!

I think I'll kick back and play Mario World for awhile then work on a scrapbook page or two. Maybe read some. Depends on how much time I have before the DD and DH get home.

TTFN...
chris
Old 10-06-2004, 04:22 PM   #14  

Chris, great job and everything you got done today! That is fantastic! I wish I have been as productive. Maybe after dinner I'll really bust a move, lol. I get my dinner ideas from everywhere! The ones I've been posting on the mom's losing weight board lately are from what I've found on the net. I'm going to start going through my personal recipes soon (in my cookbooks here) and post some of my favorites. But I love variety so I'm always looking for that next great recipe. Have fun with Mario World!

melinda, hello!! So nice to see you here. Wish you could stop in more often. Great job on your losses!! seems Core is working for you! There are several on the Core Board here at 3fatchicks that are doing what you are, combining Core and Flex, they call it Flore, lol... you may want to come by someday and post!

Well my pie is done and it smells and looks way too good, I hope I can wait until after dinner before I attack it, lol. But I think exercising has made me hungry and I'm counting the minutes until dinner time. What is everyone going to be doing or watching tonight?? Lost is on at 7 pm central so I'll be glued to my tv set then, lol... that is such an intriguing show. Don't know what I'll do after it's over. Ok, gonna jet, TTYL!
Old 10-06-2004, 04:25 PM   #15  

oh, btw Penny and Jill have the QOTD today, in case they forgot. I can re-post the days we all have it if you want because it seems many have forgot lately. Or are we tired of it? Hmmm... just let me know ok?