View Poll Results: What Do You Do With Clothes That No Longer Fit You?
Give Them To Family/Friends 0 0%
Give Them To Goodwill/Etc. 5 50.00%
Tuck Them Away-What If I Gain? 4 40.00%
Keep Them In My Closet To Remind Myself Of My Loss 1 10.00%
All My Clothes Fit 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 07:03 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#7)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 10-05-2004, 09:25 PM   #2  
Losing it!

Sherry, I can tell a little difference with the Dell. We live outside the city and our phone lines are old. No matter how great of a computer we have, as long as we stay with this service, it will be slower. I would love to be able to go without coats Halloween! We even had one year when it was cancelled due to freezing rain! That is also the same year we had snow on the ground from Thanksgiving to the end of March! Gotta love Kansas weather.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:48 AM   #3  

Cold Halloween???? When we used to go out, we had to make sure that the kids wore something that they wouldn't sweat in!!
Old 10-06-2004, 08:38 AM   #4  
Losing it!

That is why I want to move to Florida, Shelley..... other then the hurricanes!
It's raining today, by the end of the month when it rains, we could have freeze along with it. I'm dreading this winter driving Allison to and from school. Shelley, what cereals are suggested to eat on the core program? I think they are probably the ones higher in fiber???
Old 10-06-2004, 10:01 AM   #5  

Ha, Sherry, you left off an option on your poll this time--the one I would've chosen is:

TUCK THEM AWAY--WHAT IF I LOSE!!??

Which is exactly what I've done with all of the clothes I've "outgrown" recently. I'm determined to get back in them. Everyone I work with will think I've gone on a shopping spree!!

You're right--$177,000,000. Dang that's a lot of money. I sure could use some of it! And don't worry, I wouldn't forget any of y'all. We'd let Dee chose a location, since she's the seasoned traveler, leave all the men at home and just hang out, relax and be pampered for a couple of weeks. It's a nice fantasy, anyway
Old 10-06-2004, 12:34 PM   #6  

Hi all my friends here....glad to see things are going pretty well here with everyone and wanted to let you know that i will only be posting often on here since i don't have much input and basically told to zip it, will be a lurker instead of posting

The weather here is chilly like Sherry said and i hate that it is turning cold. So Shelley there maybe some people migrating to the South. But then we would have to deal with newbies to the state. lolololololol

formerly known as vickster
Old 10-06-2004, 01:01 PM   #7  
Losing it!

Vickster, what the heck happened? If I wrote anything to offend, I am truly sorry. I enjoy seeing a message from you when I log on!!!! Please PM me if you wish.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:42 PM   #8  

Vicki-What happened??? There hasn't been much posting around here. I hope that I didn't say anything to offend you!!

Cheryl-I thought the same thing! I keep all my small clothes.

Gayle-The cereals puffed wheat, puffed rice, shredded wheat and 100% bran cereals that don't contain added sugar. I am not doing core now because I just have to eat more carbs since I run so much.

Last edited by ShelleyM; 10-06-2004 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:38 PM   #9  

Vicki....What is going on????? I went back and read some last posts and can't seem to find it. Who said what? If you don't want to post it here will you PLEASE send me an email? I hope no one here has hurt your feelings. Love ya!

Shelley....Speaking of Florida...This joke is going around. I don't know if you have seen it but wanted to post it. I thought it was priceless!

Old 10-07-2004, 05:35 AM   #10  

Sherry-Thanks, you did send it to me. Too funny!

Vicki-Please let us know what happened. I went over all the posts also from #5 and couldn't find anything. We love you and don't want you to quit posting! This is the only board that has been so kind, and we have all become such good friends! The Core board has some pretty nasty people over there, that's why I quit posting there.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:28 AM   #11  
Losing it!

Shelley, I agree. This is the only group I consistantly post to. Some of the other boards seem to have PMS'ing women with huge claws and fangs waiting for the "fresh meat" (newbies) LOL! They can make you feel so stupid for asking an honest question.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:32 AM   #12  
Losing it!

I am trying to stay OP but finding it difficult. Every day I am tempted by all the goodies sitting around. Yesterday it was an open bag of Dorito's. Steve is trying to stay OP too, and finally realizing how hard it is to do. We have both gained weight and now it's time to lose. I hope everyone else is having more success then I am in the OP department.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:03 AM   #13  

Vicki, sometimes people say something innocently and it comes out wrong. I hope it wasn't me, but if it was, I'm sorry. Please don't be just a lurker.

Sorry for not posting this week. Work has been totally crazy and tiring. There have only been two of us here this week to do what six people ususally do. I've had sooooo much work I didn't think I would ever get it done, but I'm almost there....at least for now.

I'm down about 6 pounds and still staying OP. Rick is doing it with me so that makes it a lot easier. So far, it really hasn't been difficult. I'm not beating myself up over all I've gained and I think that helps too. Acceptance of one's self can be a very liberating thing. I think that is along the same lines of what Janelle has been talking about. Maybe once we stop the the negative self-talk, we can free our minds to accept what our bodies are capable of and just go with the flow. OKAY, are you picturing me sitting in an office wearing horn-rimmed glasses, writing on a steno pad and telling the person on the couch that she is getting very, very sleepy????
Actually, I transcribed a hypnosis session that one of our prisoners had and the therapist had some very interesting things to say. She used weightloss as an example. She talked about how we program ourselves for failure. WEll, I don't know if any of that is true or not, but she was very interesting and I've tried to apply some of the things she had to say. Oh, by the way, the prisoner wasn't trying to lose weight, he was trying to remember some deep dark secret that might help us find out who killed his brother.

Better get back to work now. I was just checking my emails and thought I'd post a quick one.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:27 AM   #14  

Sherry thanks for the surveys. I checked the box what if I gain, I will keep my clothes. Well it is exactly the opposite just like Cheryl said. I have thrown away my larger cloths but there is some small cloths that I can't fit in any more How are you feeling?

Gayle we want to buy a Dell computer. After all the good things I hear about it here, I am sure that is the one we want. I am just to cheap to buy one until this computer craps out once more. Your weather is simular to ours except we are further north and we have cooler temps than you. Instead of the freezing rain we will get the snow. The last few days have been way above normal. It has been around 75-80. It is suppose to continue through out the weekend. It is our Thanksgiving weekend. I am glad that you and Steve are on program again. Even though you had a dorrito set back, you will be back on program today. Don't you feel so much better about yourself when you are on program?

Shelley hey we are neighbors! If Florida only would have packed up and moved I would be having visiting with you every weekend. You are doing great with your running. You beat your goal last month by miles. I will be joinning you over there. I am walking slower and shorter distances a few times a week. Plus I have been going to aquafit twice a week and doing what I can in the deep end so that there is no impact. It hurts and I limp more after but I feel like I am in control of my own body.

Cheryl you hit the nail on the head with the survey. I know exactly what you are talking about. If I lost 10 pounds I could bring out my new wardrobe...lol Congratulations on the 10 pounds lost. Let one of us win the lotery and I will pick the destination. How about a two week cruise in the Carribeans? Lots of pampering there. Maybe we could go on the gourmet lite cruise because I think it is too dangerous on the regular one with a choice of 12 meals a day. Fun to dream! I guess you know where my thoughts will wander today as I get my massage.

Vicki my friend please come back you are our friend. If I posted out of line I am sorry it must be the drugs. I would never do that intentional. You are a very kind person and your imput is important to all of us.

Ramona I hope that your busy week has calmed down. Wow you have lost 6 pounds. Must feel great. You are right a positive attitute is very important. How are your boys doing?

I have my ct scan on saturday. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will know what is going on. I am still in pain but it is less than before surgery. I have cut back on the morphine a bit and am hoping that the new drug Gabapentin will take away the syatic nerve pain. It sure makes me tired. I have been able to walk a bit and do aquafit. It hurts but I am tired of lying in bed. I have lost so much muscle that it is pathetic. I had a clean bill of heath at the cardiologist this week. Don't have to see him for another year.
It is Thanksgiving this weekend. Dez is coming home. She never came home last weekend so it will be nice seeing her for a few days. I am going to have a thanksgiving supper here saturday with the help of everyone. On sunday Larry's mom will be having a big meal to. The family will be going but I am not sure if I will. It is one hour drive away and I still can't sit that long. It is also the time of day when I in more pain. I am ok with staying at home. That doesn't bother me.
Well I want to touch up my beautiful red locks today so I better get going. I have a massafe appointment at 1:00. Oh yeah I had my almost waist long hair cut to a couple of inches below my shoulder with a bang. It feels good. Well got to run, I have had to type this in two sittings because I can't set that long.
I miss you guys.

Hi to everyone I didn't post to. I hope that you are doing well.

Dee
Old 10-07-2004, 11:36 AM   #15  

Ramona, that's cool. The hypnotist thing.

Maybe my self talk is too negative, too. I noticed a new fat roll this morning. Depressed me, so I went to McDonald's and got a sausage biscuit and then to a texaco station and got a king size hershey bar and a mellow yellow. Pretend all those name brands are capatalized .

In addition to the negative thoughts, there's always the one in my head of "I'll start....tomorrow, next week, the first of the month, the first of the year, etc......"
I just can't get the right motivation, I guess. I also run into the fact that I'm really not all that unhappy with how I feel right now. It's true that I would like to lose a few pounds, but it's just not priority right now, I guess.

I also have come to realize that I'm tired of setting this goal and consistantly not meeting it. I can meet my goals in other areas, just not in the weight-loss one. I tell you, it all just boils down to the motivation factor, and I don't have it (right now). So, I'm focusing on keeping my house clean, not GAINING anymore, not binging (which I'm prone to do), and doing a good job for all of my farmers.

And, of course, keeping up with all my Floozie friends. Even though I'm not currently in a "diet frame of mind," y'all give me hope for when I get there again. Don't know what I'd do without this thread!

Last edited by 4myloves; 10-07-2004 at 11:40 AM.
Closed Thread