Old 10-05-2004, 07:50 AM   #1  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Default SAHM's #266 Tuesday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 08:21 AM   #2  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Default Good Morning !!!

Good Morning Ladies!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!! They won last night over the Baltimore Ravens 27-24. YEAH, their first win this year so far.

I was dissapointed this morning with my WI. Only 1 pound gone this week. But I feel like I've lost inches this week. I put on a pair of sweat pants yesterday that I hadn't worn in a while and then realized they were the same ones that when I wore them for the first time I ripped the seam below the pocket opening when I bent over. Yesterday they were so baggy I had donuts around my ankles... . Next week is measurements so we'll see then.

Welcome Cathy, I am Deana, 36 yo sahm of Erik 16, Andrew 8, Matthew 7 and Abby 4. I am currently counting calories, excercising and drinking lots of water.

Don't know what dh has planned today but I have to get things ready for scouts. Andrew has his first meeting tomorrow after school and I am the Asst. Leader and Matthew has his first meeting on Thursday and I am the Leader, providing I can find a place for meetings. I have tried a couple places with no luck so far. I have another place to check today. And then Erik has a campout this weekend so we have to get him ready for that. It's in full swing here.

I put 40 more eggs in the incubator last night so around the 25th we'll have even more chickies. I ended up with 17 yesterday. They are soooooo cute.

Well, I need to get breakfast and dd will be up soon.

Hope everyone has a great day.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 08:24 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Happy, Happy, Happy Tuesday

Good Morning Ladies.

Cathy, Welcome. I'm Crystal. 27 yo, sahm of 3; almost 4. Alisa will be 6 next weekend, Ally is 3, Andrew is 22 months and I'm due Feb. 1st. You have come to the right place for support. You will get all you need, PLUS some. Just post often and stick around.

Angel, nice to hear from you. Hope to see more of you later.

Cindi, glad things went well. Now what?

Chris, I'm sorry about Nicole. I've learned a bit about that asthma stuff too with Andrew. Just when his nose runs I start to panic because the asthma interferes and makes everything worse. Glad she got some medicine.

Penny, wtg on that meal last night. I don't know how you did it. If I go to a buffet, there's no way I can order from the menu.

Spryng, so glad you got to see dh. And my fingers are crossed for that job opening. When might he hear something?

Michelle, wtg on that sleep and that cooking a meal for that family. Hope the walk is successful.

Geri, glad you got the carrots canned. What days do you work, I keep forgetting?

Mel, hope you had a good night.

Deana, hi there.

Hi Jill, Amy and Amy and all you other stay at home moms.

Well, Andrew didn't wake up all night. I slept from 1100 to almost 7, I woke up once to potty. Andrew is doing better lately hope it stays that way. I'm staying home today and stripping beds, doing some laundry, possibly planning some school lessons and working on some other things. I'll check in later. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 08:45 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies

This thread was hopping last night after I hit the sack.

Deana,
Girl! "WEIGH" TO GO!!! I know it is discouraging sometimes with a 1 pound loss. The scale slows down sometimes But slow and steady wins the race

Spryng,
I knew something was up with you yesterday. You were way to quiet! Glad you got to go see dh! My hubby wanted Olive Garden the other day but the mood passed. See what Crystal started That is awesome about the job! I sure hope he gets it!!! WOOHOO!

Welcome Cathy You are doing so awesome with your weight loss! What is HIIT? I haven't heard of that. Hope you love it here! This is a great bunch of ladies and they keep it hopping!

Angel!!! Welcome back! Where have you been? It is good to see you again

Geri,
I am so happy you are BAAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK! I knew you couldn't stay off plan! WTG!

Mel,
How did you do yesterday?? Have you peeked at the scale??

Crystal,
Congrats on the sleep. I will be joining you cleaning the house today.... Seems like that is all we do..

Ok I am sooo sore today..LOL I did 45 minutes last night and I am feeling the burn... That is a good thing though.

Do you ever get that feeling that you actually "feel" skinner? Not sure if it is just the mindset or not.... But I feel skinner.....lol

Only time will tell TTYL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 08:54 AM   #5  
mama of 4little Angels

Default Morning Ladies

How is everyone this morning?
I'm doing really well.I've already did my exercise for today.That's a big accomplishment for me.
Today i'm just staying at home an cleaning,I might go and check out the Ladies Choice fitness gym.It's really nice because it's all women and they have a daycare for when your working out.So I might check it out.
Penny-Thanks for the welcome back.How is school going?I'm thinking about homeschooling next year because the school my kids are going to have to go to is really big.I think it's 2000 kids or so and its only the 4th grade.I just don't know if I would have the patience I need to do it.
Who is doing the challenge?I would like to join in if it's ok.Just let me know what it's about.Well I need to get off here and get some housework done.Dr.Phil is coming on.I'll watch it and then get started in the kids rooms.
Everyone have a great day I'll check back in later.
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 08:56 AM   #6  
mama of 4little Angels

Crystal- I forgot to say thanks for the welcome back also.
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 09:41 AM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Angel,

I'm not a homeschooler. My children go to public school. Crystal and Cheri both homeschool both. The challenge for this week is 4 out of 7 days of exercise at least 30 minutes and a minimum of 64 oz of water. Glad to have you back!

I am gonna get my breakfast down and get the kids moving. I'll be flying in a sec if anyone wants to, just yahoo im me

TTYL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 09:48 AM   #8  
**Kristin**

Good Morning! You guys were chit chatting late last night! Whats on everyones agenda today? Mine is LONG, in fact, I should not be here, I should be in the shower getting ready for my day! LOL! Dd has gotten worse over night, she is having horrible coughing fits, so no pre-school today. I am not going to try a gym at all this week.....every day after today I each am babaysitting other family members children or have appts to get to. PLus I talked to dh and we just aren't sure if we should take on another expense right now. I have to do the budget and when he gets home we can talk about it he said! So that is good! I will just continue my walking.running and tapes until we know! I found a few that I liked (over the phone) bt I don't want sydney to just be in a small room and play with toys....I wanted somewhere that she could play and exercise too. Not sure if anywhere has something like that, have to check them out in person I guess!

Welcome Cathy! I am Kristin SAHM to Sydney who is 3.... You will love it here, these gals are truely wonderful!

Geri - haha, We knew you could do it! It feels great being OP !!!! Have a great dy! How are you liking your job, and the boys are still enjoying the sitter?

Penny - I feel skinnier too! Who cares if it is a mind set, its a great one to have! It is just another thing to help fight those temptations! What days are you teaching? I was just wondering how that was going!

Angel - Welcome back! We are so glad you joined us again! Sounds like you have a great plan to get back on track! HOpe hte kids start pulling their weight with those cats! LOL!

Sryng - I have my fingers, toes, legs, arms and anything else that can cross, crossed for you! We don't want you to go to work then we will miss you as much as we miss MIchelle.....I don't think I could take 2 of you doing that to me! Honestly though, you guys are in my thoughts! Glad you had a nice day with dh, it is apparent that you two are so in love

LEigh - where are you! I miss you! Plus I need my personal slave to do a few things for me! LOL! Come back to us SOON!

Deana - on the 1 lb. down......slow and steady wins the race is right!!! You are doing awesome girl! I'm sure the inches will show it !!! If you ever need to talk gimmee a call!

JIll - thanks for putting up with my sarcastic butt last night! LOL! How was the pie....gret job on making a OP choice for your sweet craving!

Jessica - that is wesome, we would all love to help you along the second half of your weight loss journey! How did yoiu lose that mcuh to begine with....that is like almost a whole person! AWESOME, can't wait to hear more about you !

Chris - How are you...didn't see you much yesterday! IS your RH calming down a little!? Hope so! You are a great new addition to out little family!

Michelle - Sydney is going to be Tinkerbell! I think that I am going to try and get dh to be Capt. Hook if he will, that would be so cute! Too cute about Tay and Teagan! I can't wait to hear how you like scrapbooking! I am addicted...I just need to make more time to do it!

Crystal - glad that you got some sleep again, hopefully he will make this a habit! Any news on the house plans? Hope you have a nice day!

ANyone I missed! I love you too, but I really need to get my butt in the shower and start my day. It should be interesting to see how sydney feels later...right now she is having that glazed over look from her medicine and talking to herself! This might be a LLOOOONNNGGGG day! LOL! I will be back later! TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 09:55 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome Cathy. I'm Chris and a SAHM of 3 girls: Tiana-11, Kayla-5, Nicole-2. I'm 33 and live in Montana. Yep, out in the sticks. Not really, but that's what alot of people think.

Hi Angel! Welcome back even though I've never met you....

Crystal-Did you get some sleep last night? How long has Andrew had asthma. I'm almost scared to take Nicole outside anymore. I'm afraid of what I'm going to trigger off in her, but I can't stand staying in the house all the time.

Cindi-How are you feeling this morning?

Michelle-I think I read you have a day off today. Have fun with your little girls.

Spryng-Did your new "babies" keep you up all night. I love baby kitties. They're fun to watch. Hope DH gets the job. That would be great!

Deanna, Amy, Amy, Geri, and Mel...GOOD MORNING!!!! (there's my wake up call.... ) Anyone I missed, Have a good morning too. I'll check in later after I walk the girls to school and down some water. Maybe I'll load the dishwasher too. TTFN.

~Chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 10:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Tanner just woke up so another great nights sleep! I can get used to this, lol. The kitten never did come out behind the dishwasher (well it did because I see it left some nice things in the litter box, lol) but it's not anywhere to be found this morning so it must be back behind there, maybe when I run the dishwasher it will scare it out of there ,what do you all think?
Ok, agenda for today... clean clean clean. Since I was gone most of the day yesterday I have lots to catch up on, like dishes, and laundry! So that is what I will focus on and vaccuming my living room. Dinner will be cube steaks with some sort of potato tonight. What is everyone else planning??
Ok, QOTD today is mine so let me think: What is your worst habit and what is your best? My worst habit would be not sticking to certain routines, like flylady... I stick with it for awhile and then taper off and my house gets out of whack, drives me crazy because I always feel better when the house stays in order... also a bad habit is gettinghot and cold over certain things... like one day I'm passionate about something and the next day I want nothing to do with it, I'm not consistant, lol and when it comes to some things it really drives me nuts. Ok, but my best habits would be keeping my kids on a great routine and spending time with them and also sticking with a diet plan for more than 5 days, lol. I'm sure I have more but that is all I can think of for now because I am typing and talking to dh on the phone at the same time, lol... is that a bad habit too? lol
Ok, I'll have to come back in a little bit to address everyone personally. be back in a bit.
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 10:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

A quick good morning from me before I go meet with the community relations social worker at the cancer center It is sooooo chilly here this morning!! my toes are like icicles cuz hubby left the windows open.

Anyway I'm in for the challenges today water and exercise!

Cathy welcome! Great to have you here!!

Ok girls sorry so short but since I really have to budget my days off now I have to get going and get stuff done.

Love to all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 10:40 AM   #12  
I'm a homeschool mama

QOTD: This is a toughy, it's hard to notice the things I do as habits. Worst habit: probably procrastination, I'm terrible at it. Best habit: (This is terrible, I can't think of one, I know I've got one, I'm just trying to figure out what's a habit................hang on to this thought, I'll get back to it later.)

Spryng, glad you got some sleep.

Chris, Andrew had his first asthma attack at like a few months. Although they didn't consider it asthma until he had had the same thing a couple of times. It seems to hit him hardest in mid winter and mid summer. It's hard to know, weather wise, if this is what effects him or not. My dh had asthma as a kid, my mom did and dh's brother. I think he'll grow out of it, the older he gets he seems to get it less often.

Kristin, we are suppose to close on the house loan this week. I've got a call into the bank guy to find out for sure but last week he said it would be this week. We're hoping.

Okay, I've cleaned and swept the kitchen, tidied the bathroom, kids are dressed, beds are stripped and a load of laundry is going. The rest of the laundry has been sorted and is waiting it's turn. My bed is made with fresh sheets, the living room has been picked up. My hair is in a towel, so I've got to dry my hair. I can either do some computer work or see if you ladies are flying?!? I've got Alisa's registration form for Girl Scouts filled out and ready to be mailed. So I guess we are moving forward with that. I do need to look on Ebay for a handbook for her and a uniform.

Anyways, if any of you are flying, im me on yahoo, crystaltheavonlady2004. TTYL
Old 10-05-2004, 11:22 AM   #13  
I'm a homeschool mama

okay, I am still trying to think of my best habit: maybe that I'm a positive person, most of the time. I'll admit I've had my bad days, as we all know, but for the most part, little things don't get to me, I can find the good in lots of situations. Although I don't know if that's a habit. Maybe, that I try to make sure my kids get plenty of rest and 3 square meals a day. I don't really like these habits as my best habits so I'll keep thinking but for now that's it.

Okay I'm flying with Kristin and Penny. Maybe up until lunch then after that we can nap and after that, I'll do some computer work and playing around. Dinner is going to be, Baked "Fried" Chicken, Herbed Packet Red Potatoes, salad and maybe some other side. I tried to work from a menu hope I can stick to it.
TTYL
Old 10-05-2004, 11:42 AM   #14  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Morning Chicks

To those of you that asked, I had a Hysteroscopy, D&C, endometrial ablation and a tubal ligation yesterday. So that takes care of investigating the growth, my horrible TOMs(ablation is like a hysterectomy without removing any body parts ) and no more babies for me, which would be dangerous to my health anyway. So all that's left is recovery. Which I am trying to do by making my boys my servants, lol! it's so hard to sit and do nothing! I didn't think it would be! I have to stay off the phone because I noticed when I am on the phone I pace the floors, LOL!! I never noticed til now!!

Deana...1 pound is still one gone forever! YOu won't lose alot every single week, so don't sweat it! Congrats on your loss! It's better than a GAIN, be happy!!!

Spryng...Sure hope that job comes through!!! How great that would be!!

CHris...Glad the doc is helping Nicole finally feel better!

Michelle...You better slow down some, girlie, don't want to crash and burn!! Be sure to take some time to relax!

Kristin...YOu can do lots at home without spending any money. Ihave been going to an awesome nature trail to walk, maybe you can find something like that. I love to walk outside! I have found lots of videos for less than 10 bucks too. So you can do it if you try!!

Penny...I always "feel" skinnier after I have exercised, now that you mention it! LOL!

Glad to see you , Angel! You are doing great today!!

Hello to Jessica and Cathy, welcome to our group! You will love it and feel at home in no time!!(Okay, so that's my own biased opinion, but I think you will agree, LOL!)

Girls, I went into surgery with one of the WORST TOMs I have ever had!! I am here to tell you that today it is GONE!!!!! Even with all they did "down there" I have NO bleeding. So any of you that have bad ones each month might want to look into the ablation(called Nova Sure) if mine continues to go this well!! Sorry if that's TMI but I am really amazed so far!!

Getting dizzy, need to go rest some! Sorry t anyone I missed!

Love to you all!
Cindi
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 12:04 PM   #15  

Thumbs up

Hello everyone! I am having a great morning!!! I went to the gym and had my personal training appointment. It was awesome. I told the girl, what I wanted and what my goals were. I told her I wanted to be pushed. When I feel I've about had it, to push me to do more. Well, that's what she did. It was the best workout I ever had. I think I am going to hire her through the gym. It's expensive, but I think I will do it for 10 weeks, twice a week, if dh says it's ok money wise. I'm sure it'l be fine. I know he is so supportive of me and wants me to succeed. If figure, If I do ten weeks, twice a week with her, I can be 20 lbs by Christmas. That would be FANTASTIC. I am so excited!

On another note. The mylanta is working for Bugga. He is only getting up once a night now for a drink and I think that's just habit. I certainly can handle that. I don't mind getting up once. I use it as an excuse to get up and go to the bathroom. lol

Kristin, I'm sorry the Syd isn't feeling better today. Poor thing. Listen, don't push yourself money wise to go to the gym. I will hound you to do the work at home. You will do great!

Deana, did one chick not make it the other day? I though you were going to have 18. I can't believe you are going to have over 40 soon. WOW! Hope you are having a good day. Good luck with getting in exercise and water today. I need to drink more....yell at me. I usually drink soooo much it's crazt, but since the gym, I've been so busy, that I havn't focased on it as much.

Penny, hello, how r u today....Did you get in that exercise????? Huh, did ja, didja didja?? No, I didn't peek at the scale. Tom is bloating me, so I didn't want to get discouraged. I probably won't get TOM till next week though. YUK. I just have to really watch the salt intake and drink drink drink. I know, I'm getting in the exercise, so that's not a problem.

Spryng, I bet you feel great that Tanner is sleeping so well. I kind of feel like that with Bugga. Just getting up once is WONDERFUL... Good luck getting in all that cleaning today. I need to work on some too today, laundry to do and fold..... I have been concentrating on me so much lately, that I have been negleting this house a tad. It's not too bad, but needs a bit of tlc.

Cindi, How r u feeling today. You need to rest. No phone calls, so you don't pace. I hope the dizziness disapates soon. Take it easy. We Luv ya and you are in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Chris, how ru today? Did you get in any exercise? How r u doing with water? ARe you on the water challange?

Angel, it's nice to here from you again. We are all doing a water challange, of drinking 64oz-100oz per day. The other challange is to exercise for 30 minutes 4 times a week. every few weeks we will change it just a bit to make it more interesting.

Crystal, how is Andrew sleeping lately? How ru sleeping? I bet your belly is starting to get bigger huh. Is the baby moving around alot yet? Do the kids touch your belly and feel he/she move? Abigail used to put little blocks and little people on my belly and Patrick would kick and bounce or kick them off all togther. It was her way of playing with him before he was born. So cute.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. Hope you are all having a good day. Oh gosh, I here bugga up from his nap and he was only in there for 1/2 hour....very unusual. I guess that's all the time I'll get to myself to get things done. uhhhh. TTYL
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote