Old 10-04-2004, 12:56 PM   #1  
Made my Goal weight!

Default Just had a baby...

Hi, my name is Leanne ...

I just had my third baby 11 days ago, and now I am trying to lose my pregnancy weight.
I have lost weight many times before and look forward to shedding the pounds again.
I am on a very strict diet and will start running again in a few weeks.
I have 40lbs to lose for New Years, as my best friend is getting married and I am her maid of honor...

I look forward to chatting with anyone who is motivated to lose weight while raising kids or having just had a baby too...

Leanne
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 12:22 AM   #2  

Default Losing the baby fat

Hi Leanne, I'm Cathy - Congrats on the birth of your baby.
I just had my third child on Aug4 (a boy). so I'm right there with ya! I'm going to really focus on exercise this time. I started going to the gym again 2 weeks ago and eating a bit better. How old are your others? I have a 4 y/o DS and 2 y/o DD. I actually lost my pregnancy weight right away, but I started out overweight (167) when I got pregnant, so I'd love to get down to about 140-145 or so. Well, nice to meet you!
Cathy
WannaGetInShape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 01:18 AM   #3  

Hi Leann & Cathy,
My 3rd baby was born in May. He's 4 months old and he's perfect! My other 2 are 7 (boy) and 4 1/2 (girl).
Most of my pregnancy weight came off easily but I'm convinced that my metabolism has adjusted to the breast feeding. So I am carefully dieting and wishing I had more energy and time to exercise. I will be great sharing the journey with both of you!
I also started my pregnancy overweight. With each baby I gained 5 pounds (or never lost it, depending on how you look at it) and the there's 10 pounds for the marrige I guess....My goal weight is also 140-145, hopefully by New Years too. We're going to Hawaii in Jan.
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:05 AM   #4  
Made my Goal weight!

Default Hey Cathy and Apple B

Well, I too have set my goal weight for 140, but I am short so even less than that is better...

My children are 3.5 (boy) 14 months (boy) and 13 days (girl)....
My weight history is that of ups and downs...seems like when I get to my goal weight I get pregnant again..
My second son was born July 30th/03 and I lost all my preg weight and was 136 when I found out I was preg this time...I am good at gaining weight and was 204 the day before I had my daughter...I am today 179.8...so I have about 40lbs to go...
I am going to start working out again tomorrow, as it will have been 2 weeks since birth...
what do you both do for exercise??
I am a HUGE fan of the elliptical machine, BUT I am also a runner...and running has always made the weight slide right off me...I am planning to run a 10km race in May '05...not to win or anything, just to finish...so I will be working towards that..
I am extremely motivated, so if you guys are too, we can TOTALLY do this, and Apple, you will look awesome for your trip to Hawaii and we will all own the 140's....

Leanne
Old 10-05-2004, 05:15 PM   #5  

Default Hi Apple & Leanne

I'm also nursing, which really helps the weight slide off...initially. Then your body gets to a weight and tries to hold onto some fat for reserve. This is my challenge. I really don't want to look too much at my weight, I'd be happy if I was 160 and a size 8-10, rather than 145 and a 12. KWIM?
Anyway,my new challenge is a dairy free diet since DS has a MILK PROTEIN ALLERGY which means no milk or milk products for me.
I love elliptical too- it's a great workout, but I am not a good runner.
Leanne, I think it's great that you are already wanting to get back in shape so soon, but be careful & take it easy at first, your body needs time to recover . I know I wanted to start right away too, but every time I tried to do too much, I would start bleeding again!
Great to meet you!

Last edited by WannaGetInShape; 10-05-2004 at 05:17 PM. Reason: sp
WannaGetInShape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 01:26 AM   #6  

Hi!
Leanne-I used to run alot too. I have finished 5 marathons, but it's been almost 10 years since I've been doing any serious running. I suffer from iliotibial band syndrome and it seems to get worse every time I decide to start running again. I also have had trouble finding time. My husband travels alot so I might be able to run for a month and then have to stop for a month and that has gotten to be really frustrating. Now that the 2 older kids are spending more time in school, I can take the baby in the jogger and I plan on that eventually. Right now we take walks and that is working for now. When it's time to step it up a notch I'll dust off the old jogger and figure out the knee problem. I really miss running. I am about to turn 40 and I'm looking forward to my first race in the Master's category! Take it slow since you've JUST had that baby!! I tried to run about 2 weeks after my first and sprained my ankle badly, I think because all the hormones floating around still had my ligaments real loose.
Cathy-I know what you mean about the nursing fat reserve. It's tough to get rid of. I've lost and gained back the same 5 pounds 3 times since June. It's a good idea to shoot for a size too. I'm a 12 now, when 10's fit, they are usually to long. I think I am meant to be an 8.
I've decided to buy myself a nice pair of either sneakers or boots as a reward for getting down to 159 (and staying below 160, keeping the momentum going DOWN...)
Old 10-07-2004, 10:12 AM   #7  
Made my Goal weight!

Default Good Morning Ladies

Hey Ladies

Apple, that is awesome about running so well , sorry to hear about the knee problems though...yes, you are right I have decided to wait a little while longer before I start running again...I will start with the elliptical machine first to work my muscles back up to running form...I really do not want to get injured...It is a GREAT idea to find some reward for all your hard work...shoes always work for me as I am a shoe-aholic!

I am short and petite (well not really right now) so my ultimate goal weight is 125-130, BUT I was happy at 140 so that is where I am shooting for right now...All my clothes in my closet are missing me... I cant wait to wear them again..I am not sure what my "reward" will be when I reach my goal weight, but I know itll probably involve shoes or clothes...

Well, in 2 days I turn 26...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.....I have yet to determine if it is upsetting me, or if I will accept it gracefully... but, a small...no TINY piece of cake will help ease the transition...
Are you both dieting at all? if so, what programs are you following? and is it working? (just curious)
Have a great day to you both!

Leanne
Old 10-08-2004, 01:04 AM   #8  

I'm not on any particular diet. I'm a firm believer in "eat less, exercise more" Occasionally I count calories on fitday.com, mostly because of the pie graph it creates showing protien/carbs/fat. I'm a vegetarian, so I find myself low on protien sometimes. And it reminds me how little things really add up....I've been participating in the 10 day challenge over on the support forum too. It's helpful to make some small short committment, that adds up too. I'm weighing in on Monday, probably won't have a chance to log on until then. Have a great week-end!
Old 10-10-2004, 03:07 PM   #9  
Made my Goal weight!

Default Hey ladies

Well, yesterday was my birthday and I had a small piece of bday cake...BUT, instead of my normal stressing about it, I went to the gym and feel great. My body on the other hand is tired as I havent done much of anything for the past 9 months..
So, today we are having thanksgiving turkey...and again, I am not going to stress, but do lust like Apple said, Eat less (of the carbs) and exercise more...so I went to the gym and now I can enjoy the rest of my day..

Hope you guys are both having a greaaaaaaaat weekend...

Leanne
Old 10-13-2004, 02:12 AM   #10  

Ugghh. Ever have a fat day? I'm sure everyone does, where you just feel fat no matter what you wear or eat or....well I had one today. I feel like I still look pregnant to the point where I'm almost tempted to take a pregnancy test. Maybe I am again. Well, I highly doubt that. It's been almost 5 months now and I still have a big 'ol belly. Ugghh.....
I'm sure I'll be fine again tomorrow. It was just one of those days.

I'll be sure to get a walk in, maybe break into a jog.
And look at that beautiful baby sleeping over there......
Old 10-13-2004, 09:47 AM   #11  
Made my Goal weight!

Apple

I TOTALLY understand... I have those days often and I hate looking in the mirror on those days...
I went to the gym the other day and saw myself in the mirror and wanted to cry...I thought I still looked prego and I felt terrible..
Yesterday was one of the WORST days for me....my hubby had to work all day and night, and it was my first day with all three kids by myself....by 4pm I was in tears, I felt like a complete failure...I was so upset and everything that could go wrong did....ugh, I still feel horrible....I think my hubby is going to take paternity leave...he was supposed to go to Afghanistan. (hes in the army)...so anyways....my weight is down, I think from stressing so much yesterday.......who ever said being a parent was easy I guess never had " one of those days"....
SO after all that, I guess what doesnt kill us makes us stronger...whether it is looking in the mirror or feeling fat....

Leanne
Old 10-14-2004, 01:23 AM   #12  

I hope your husband doesn't have to go to Afghanistan! My prayers are with you! My husband travels alot. It's hard to be mom AND dad to 3 kids, but at least I don't have to worry about my husbands safety.
I'm feeling better today. I found time for a walk with the baby and did some sit ups too. Could have made some better food choices but I'm not feeling awful about them either. I should stop wearing the pants I was wearing yesterday. They are actually a pair of maternitty capris. Of course I'm going to feel pregnant and/or fat if I'm still wearing streched out maternity clothes.
And don't get too stressed about your body yet! You JUST had a baby!! It's been 5 months for me, I can't use that excuse anymore.
Talk to y'all later.....
Old 10-16-2004, 07:30 PM   #13  
Made my Goal weight!

Well ladies, Hubby has decided NOT to go to afghanistan BUT to take paternity leave...I am sooo happy, I was honestly having some terrible days...seems like the kids all cried or pooped at the same times...sounds funny now, but I was in tears....so now that that stress is somewhat alleviated I am feeling much better...
I now have 35.6lbs to lose for my goal weight...I am going to run tomorrow and that should make me feel good...
Apple, yes I am still wearing a few maternity clothes and they just make me feel worse instead of better that they are getting bigger...
Leanne
Old 10-17-2004, 03:16 AM   #14  

I'm so glad your husband doesn't have to go! That's great news!!
Today I was on the phone with my husband (he's only in the next state, not the other side of the world!!!) and the baby started crying, my oldest started screaming and hit my daughter with the phone so SHE was crying. Oh what fun. All 3 at once. It doesn't happen very often but ohhh the stress. I managed to stay away from any stress eating/beer drinking which normally would happen at the end of a day like today. A cold one sure would have tasted good, but I know that I can't hope to lose any weight if I drink beer everyday.....
I still have about 20 pounds to go. We just got some hotel information for our trip to Hawaii today.....maybe I'll stick the brochure up somewhere for inspiration.
Have a great week-end!!
Old 10-18-2004, 03:47 PM   #15  
Made my Goal weight!

Default Apple

I am all for putting pictures up for motivation, and Hawaii is surely a good form of motivation...
Funny to hear my kids arent the only ones who all cry, or hit each other with the phone... Sorry, to hear your hubby is away though..

Yesterday I went for a run on the track at the gym and I managed to run 3km, which thrilled me because I originally intended to run 2km....today my legs are a little sore...no pain no gain right??

Hope you had a good weekend, I know having a cold one seems to help but unfortuantely not where the scale is concerned...bummer!

Leanne