Old 10-03-2004, 07:10 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Chit Chat #81

WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group of ladies that share the daily aspects of our lives with each other...not just weight loss. Won't you join us?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:37 AM   #2  
RosieKate

I was commenting on the WWJLD thread and thought I'd pop over to say good morning here. I'm just twiddling my thumbs, waiting for my morning newspaper to arrive....Mt. St. Helens is supposed to blow big time today. When she blew in 1980, I was living in Salem, and I don't remember even getting ash, I think it all blew east. We keep trying to get a view of the mountain, but it' s been too hazy.
Jane - We have some blown glass Christmas ornaments made from MStH ash. Ash glass stuff was a big deal in the early 80s as you could imagine.

Marti - I can envision you and Shanna working on your projects together. I'm not a scrapbooker, but I sew and I've had "sewing days" with the girlfriends befoer. It's fun - and some good female-bonding time.

Well, not much going on today. James has soccer pictures at a really wierd time so we really can't do that and go to either of the church services today. I think God will understand. It's soccer! Yesterday, the ILs came to watch his game and our family with our folding chairs took up half the field!

Hope all is well where you are today!
Katy
Old 10-03-2004, 12:03 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning lovely ladies!!

Susan--You're narrations of Gaby are the cutest. I remember so well having conversations very similar with Jhanai when she was that little. They are so easily distracted! I hear Mt. St. Helens will be erupting, but not to the extreme that it did back in '80......lets hope they're right!

Angie--Would love to see your new do! I so need to go in and do something with my mop of a hair! James was messing with it yesterday and it had so much static in it afterwards.....looked very clownish....just ask Shanna, she was there! Why don't you send your cousin over to do my hair? We'll have lots of laughs....in fact, why don't you come with her?

Jen--56 sounds cold! Is it really that cold already? It's been chilly here, but I don't believe it stays cold during the day....only at night. Fall is just a spectacular season!!

Cristina--Your nephew reminded me of me.....my mom left when my sister and I were very little....about 6 & 7. (a story I told before) and after 20 some years we reconnected with her...but it didn't last...I haven't talked to her since my grandma passed away that was only to let her know. There was no bonding or no real interest from her to keep it going....at least not in my eyes...and the same with my half sister...It's been a year since I've seen or talked to her and she lives nearby somewhere! Just have no idea where! At least as an adult, I know where my mom is and know how her life turned out and I am extremly grateful for not have been raised by her. (not trying to make that sound bad, but it's the truth)

Katy--I need my costco card....something I've been wanting to get since it expired! I keep hearing laughing cow products, but have yet to see any. Maybe I'll venture over there this week. We did have a good time doing our crafting....need to make for more time to do stuff like that. I would love to have more room for everything though. I have this tiny dining room table...and I alway feel like I'm crowding Shanna out! But we have fun!

Jane--I had to laugh when I read about your Young & Restless! There is this girl at work who wheres her headphones at a certain time everday to listen to her soaps! And then Dr. Phil and Oprah. I never knew you could listen to them on the radio. She must have some kind of Satellite thing going on.

Not sure what's on the agenda for the day.....got my sunday paper with some ads in it...may browse and see if James wants to go shopping. (Like I need to do that!)

Good morning to the rest of the JL's. Hope you enjoy your day!

Take Care everyone!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 01:12 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Happy Sunday Ladies~

Didn't make it to mass this morning, which I miss when I don't attend. But I was not going to hobble in there like a cripple and not stand when the others stand. So just didn't go. Going to just be lazy again today and put ice and heat on my back. I can't stand just sitting in one spot. Oh well...

Jane~it seems my back usually goes out doing simple little things, this time it was bending a little to put lotion on my legs when I got out of the shower. It's gone out before just from sneezing. It's from carrying around this extra weight. So, I need to get witht he program and get it off! I am going to have to look around for one of those book lights, it would be great to have one. We don't have CVS here, just Walgreens, but I bet they would have one.

Katy~I had to look on the map yesterday to see exactly where Portland is from Mt. St. Helens, couldn't picture it before-DUH! We got a lot of stuff with the ash from Mt. St. Helens also when we were up there in '91, along with some books about it.

Marti~sounds like you and Shanna had a nice time scrapbooking. Yesterday, I looked at DD and said what am I going to do all day and she said you could scrapbook. I wish I could have but I wouldn't have been able to sit in that chair. I need to get back to that. I don't think what you said sounded bad. I think that's how my nephew feels. I think deep down he knows he won't have a realtionship with him but to just meet him one time and to know where he is and how he is doing would be enough I think. He has some half siblings also and I think he would like to know about them, just not sure it will ever happen.

Anyway...HI to every one else. Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

I am going to go read the newspaper and some on a book I started that DD said was good. Will probably just watch some tv in between. Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. Take care ladies
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 02:18 PM   #5  

Default Hey Girls

Hi Everyone!!!
I had my friends kids again this weekend, they just went home, so now I'm trying to ctach up on my own stuff!!! I am happy about one thing!! I managed to take off the 2 lbs I gained last week, so Im back down to 190.5lbs.. I just cant let myself blow it again....I want so desperately to get back down under 180,!!! I have a wedding to attend next month, so Im trying to use that as motivation.... We go to the endocrinologist this tuesday, to get his take on our baby situation, so hopefully we get some good news with that!!! Nothing else really new here, just wanted to check in while I had the chance, my computers been acting up lately, and we're about to reformat it and start over again, so hopefully we can get rid of whatever is slowing it down!!! I hope all is well with everybody and I'll check in later
Quick hello to Jane, Marti, RoseKate, Cristi, Angie, Sue, Susan and Jen!!!

Best Wishes
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 02:58 PM   #6  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Julie, I must of missed something cause Ive heard mention twice now about a baby thing,,,,

Jane, I want to complain that my rings are too big and will fall off and so can't wear them. I did that once and had them sized right,,,then I gained it all back and well had to reized them yet again. ITs been so cold here each night, I wear a turtleneck sweater, and a sweater over that plus a huge warm jacket and gloves, I wish I had the time to shop for winter boots, cause my tootsies need them.

I figure on family members that are jerks, that its their loss when people don't want to be around them. My dad whines that no one comes for visits...duh why would anyone want to be put throu that?

We went for a dinner silent auction thing last night,,,,was fun and boring at the same time...lol They want you to dance yet play horrible music and so loud you can't hold a conversation, and they if you sneak to the bathroom or outside with the smokers it was fun. We won a few things, we are all happy,,,we gave money for the fund raising and got some great gifts for christmas.
But I missed the LOST show last night,,,,*sigh I want to stay home and do nothing just once this week...my mom has called each day, shes really in bad shape over Brandon's surgery. She has a small business cleaning houses, one being a Dr. house, she told him all about the surgery coming up and he has offered to check up on the surgeon...lol oh mom ! ITs our Thanksgiving next Monday and Brandon will still be in the hospital, and well we usually have a big thing at my mom's with family coming from every where, but this time we won't be there, and well my mom is being pretty stubborn about being here too. Meanwhile my cousin Tanya is freaking cause her parents will be stuck at her house for 4 days instead of 1 cause they are still playing to come south....lol
well better get going
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:19 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Hiya Ladies,

Katy - we skipped church today, too. Sometimes you just have to. What kinds of things do you sew? I used to sew a lot, but don't anymore.

Marti - how did you end up spending your Sunday? Hope you and James had fun, whatever it was you did.

Cristina - hope your back is feeling better by now and that you had a relaxing day. You'll see from my PMs that I tried to find you a book light!

Julie - hope your friend was nicer to you today. I'm assuming she had the baby? YAY for the 2 pounds down! Here's wishing you good news on Tuesday.

Angie - wow, the dinner and auction sounds like fun. You can catch up fast on Lost on Wednesday night. I think it's sweet your mom was checking out the surgeon, lol. It sounds like something I would do, lol.

Katie and I just got back from Penney's. We got a coat for her and some Nikes for me. The shoes are Airs, and with the discounts, I paid only $37.00 for them. YAY!

Gotta go watch some TV with the fam! It's a show called American Dreams and it's set in the late 60's....

Toodles,
Old 10-03-2004, 09:08 PM   #8  

Good evening. I really don't have much to say, and I don't feel very well, so I'll make it quick. I've got the whole PMS thing going on. Crabby, bloated, etc. We all know the drill. Not to mention, somehow I think I pinched a nerve in my neck. Everytime I try to look left, it pulls midway down my back between my spine and shoulder blade. It's hard to lift my arm over my head too. Lovely. I hope it's better tomorrow. I took some ibuprofen, didn't do a thing. Guess I'll take something stronger when I go to bed.

Didn't do much today, dbf was over, watched football, made chili and corn bread. YUMMY! I made some cookies for dbf, and he took them home with him!

Well, I'm gonna go rest some more. Like I didn't do enough of that already today! I'm hoping to feel better tomorrow.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 12:03 AM   #9  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone.

Well I think that we finally found a new acreage that we are going to buy. We will put in an offer on it tomorrow, so our fingers are crossed.

Jen, I hope that you feel better tomorrow. Mmm your dinner sounds so good.

Angie, sorry I missed it but what is Brandon having surgery for?

Cristina I hope that your back is better also. Do you go to the chiropractor to help you?

Jane I hope that you had a good time shopping. And that the shoes are comfy. As Angie said it is time to dig out the winter clothes already here.

Marti do you have all your wedding photos in scrapbooks already? I have never tried scrapbooking. I have a friend that is trying to get me into stamping also. It is probably so much more enjoyable when you get to spend time with good friends and be creative together.

Katy how did the soccer pictures go?

Julie what a great friend you are to take your friends kids.

Susan now you need to post pictures of everyones hair. It made me smile when you were talking about little Gaby. Yes why is it that they can be such little angels, and then when our hands are full that is when they decide to do the limp trick? Cole is just mastering that trick. He will be 2 in 2 weeks.

Hi to everyone else that I am forgetting to say hi. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 12:53 AM   #10  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hey there Lucky, been awhile,,,are you as ho hum about this weather? Saturday was fantastic weather,,,warm and sunny but brrr at night.
Brandon his having a bone taken from his hip and *wedged into the longest outer bone in his foot and then all the bones there scraped since they all fused together. And he right now has no mobility. Its a long surgery and very painful, and the recovery will be weeks if not months. Then once that is all done we do it again for the other foot.

Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 08:46 AM   #11  
RosieKate

Good morning!
Soccer pictures went well. Our coaches are great and the parents are laid back - I love it - I'm requesting this team next year. We were informed at the last mintue that there was some kind of mix up and there was no photographer, so the coaches brought their digital to take our own pictures. The photog did show up after we all arrived, but we would have had to wait for hours to get our teams' pictures, so we all decided on the spot to just use the coaches pix. quick easy and outta there before the boys starting climbing trees.

Jane - I used to sew clothing and home decor - even made money at it once upon a time. Used to substitute teach and do custom sewing on the side. Only did it for a year tho', becaue I had no time to sew for myself. When the kids are older, I'll start it up again. Right now it's hard with little space and a toddler running around. I knit, which I enjoy because it is compact and portable. I just started crocheting because my MIL gave me a bunch of leftover yarn and I decided to make some cutesy little ponchos - very girly So there's the extent of my creative endeavors for the time being...

Angie - will be thinking of Brandon and your family this week - hope the surgery goes smoothly

Hope everyone has a great day. I have to get back to my schedule for my classes - can't fall behind! so I may not post as often during the week, but I will try to check in
Katy
Old 10-04-2004, 01:14 PM   #12  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning ladies--

Tried to get some extra sleep since I'll be working late this week, but that didn't last long. Tomorrow will be better.

Cristina--I hope your nephew gets a chance to see/meet his half siblings.....it's the same with the parent...at least you got to meet them. At first, knowing my sister moved to Oregon to be closer to us was fantastic and we saw her quite often. We all had a little bonding, more than I did with my mom. But something happened w/her and I just haven't heard from her, it wasn't like we had a falling out, she had moved in with some friends (before she could move into her own place) and that was it! Have no idea who the friends are, where they are, and so on. I hope she didn't find a group of "bad" friends. She's 9yrs younger than me and I had tended to be protective of her...maybe I was overprotective?

Julie--Glad you got the extra pounds gone. I'm glad you took the friends kids...even though she may have been snotty, I'm sure the kids had no idea about it and love you to pieces! Did your friend have her baby???

Angie--Your auction did sound like lots of fun!! Brandon will be in my thoughts while he's in surgery! Sending lots of good vibes his way ((((((HUGS))))))) keep us informed on how it all went and how he's doing.

Jane--James & I spend our Sunday running around up in Eugene. We did some Treadmill pricing and comparing. Went to Costco and decided that next paycheck we're getting the card renewed! Didn't get the treadmill, but did check out all the different varieties and prices. Then we ended up going to Winco to do some shopping and we did a ton of it! Shouldn't have to go for anything for a month...except for the basic staples such as bread & milk. So we had a busy day!

Jen--Hope you start feeling better! And good for you sending the cookies away with your dbf!

Kathy--
Can you believe that I don't have ONE photo of the wedding in a scrapbook yet?? I'm not sure what I'm waiting for, I want it to be just right when I do it. I've already scanned my dress I wore for some paper! You ought to try scrapbooking once. You'll like it, and if not, at least you'll know!

Katy--What brilliant coaches you have bringing their digitals! I'm sure with all the camera's clicking away that you'll probably have better pictures taken anyway! This weekend I plan on taking some photos of Jhanai....just because and so she can roll her eyes at me as I do it!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday morning. I need to make some phone calls about getting my hair cut, pay some bills, look at my lawn growing even more rather than mow it......... such a busy day before work!

Take Care
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 02:51 PM   #13  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Just a quick Hi ladies for now

Got on the computer too late in the day so will try to catch up later.

Take care and have a wonderful day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 03:56 PM   #14  

Default Hi All

Well, I'll tell you, my friend didnt have the baby yet, they sent her home today because she hasnt dilated anymore since the steroids they gave her!! So now shes home on bed rest, but yesterday when I had the kids she called and was coping an attitude with me over the phone, now get this, her and her boyfriend have 2 kids now and theyhave just decided to get married, so they're rushing to have a shower for her this month and a wedding in december, while meanwhile the baby could come at any time.....ANYWAY, Im supposed to make the desserts for the shower and we're talking like 60 people coming, so guess what, if that attitude problem doesnt change soon, Im not doing anything for this shower in two weeks!!!! Granted I do it cause I love the kids, but unfortunately it's not fair that I get treated like a jerk in the process, she fails to appreciate that I do things for her, their own family wouldn't do!!!! So we could be having a fallout here pretty soon, cause Im wearing thin with it all!!!!
As far as the baby thing, ANGIE, my fiance and I are planning on starting a family once I finish school this year, we took the steps to find out if he could have kids, because he was told it may be a problem, anyhow his sperm count came back extremely low, and we have to go to an endocrinologist tomorrow, so that they can check him to see if it's his testosterone, if thats the case, hopefully with medicine, in a few months his count will be up to where we can start trying, but we're hoping it's just the case of testosterone..!!!! It's so hard , because I fear the WHAT IF?? I just hope it works out for us, cause we'll be devastated if we get more bad news!!

Hello to Jane, Marti, Jen, Angie, RosieKate, Cristina, Sue, Susan, and Lucky Charm( sorry we havent spoke yet, so I didnt catch your name)!!!!!!

I'll keep you informed!!! Have a great evening

Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 05:15 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

This has to be a quick one....

I've been on the computer for quite awhile, doing a will in case the plane goes down... scary, but possible. Neal and I already have a will, leaving everything to our 3 children, but needed to do a temporary one for this trip.

Wanted to mention a new product I'm loving. It's Progresso brand soup, called Garden Vegetable. It says "New" on the label. Has veggies and a few kidney beans in it, and the whole can is 3 points. I add lots of whole tomatoes and eat 1/2 the can for 1.5 points. This is soooooo good!!

Today is Dale's birthday - so we're going over there to celebrate after dinner. I will be taking my own dessert, thank you anyway, lol. I have been a good MIL and not calling him Derwood like I usually do, since it's his birthday.

Hi to all my Jaded buddies... hope you're all having a good day!!

BBL,