Old 10-02-2004, 08:04 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post SAHM #263 Saturday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:17 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Happy Saturday

Good Morning ladies. My night wasn't bad but was back to normal. Andrew woke up like 3 times but did go back to sleep with ease each time. So it wasn't too bad.

Cindi, I am so sorry about your day. I guess it takes a bad day like that to make us more grateful for those good days that we sometimes think are bad. Hope today is much better.

Michelle, I thought you didn't have to work yesterday. Hope you were up to it after not feeling well.

Penny, did you get those tickets booked?

Spryng, if you're happy about the job and hope you get it, then we do too. Let us know.

Jill, sorry you have been down. I'm sure it is TOM and starting school and such. Maybe this weekend you can take a breather and be ready to start back next week. I've never been involved in a challenge but I would love to join in today, let me know.

Geri, where are you? Do you work on Fridays?

Chris, hope the nephews eyes are okay. About girl scouts, they are sending me a registration form and my mom said she'd help out with the handbook and sash or uniform if I need her to. The next meeting is the 14th so I think we should make it to that.

Mel, hope you had a better night. Wtg on that loss that is awesome. Surely keeps you motivated.

Hello to all you other sahm's. I guess we're still working even though it's Saturday, huh? Don't work too hard.

Well, I was suppose to go to a wedding shower but I have some issues with it and don't really want to go so I probably won't. I want to nap and stay home all day. Join in a challenge, enjoy our MUCH cooler weather and maybe start getting some lesson plans done for when we start back at school. We'll be starting back on October 18th. Alisa's birthday is next weekend and I haven't planned a thing because of my sister and her durn baby thing. Besides my sister's birthday is the same as Alisa's and Alisa wouldn't enjoy her birthday if her cousins couldn't be there. I guess come Monday, i'll call the family and just schedule it for Saturday afternoon anyways.
I forgot to tell all of you that I did Alisa's first report card and she's got a 100 in phonics AND reading, an 88 in math and an 87 in spelling. Not too shabby. Her next report card will be Nov. 24th, the day before our Thanksgiving break.
I don't know about you girls, but this is starting to be my favorite time of the year. I LOVE Fall and getting close to Thanksgiving which is my favorite holiday. Absolutely love baking and cooking and such. I make an awesome poppyseed cake, nothing lowfat about it. I also make a requested pumpkin roll. Sure wish I could share some with all of you.
I'm just blabbing this morning. I guess I'll get off and enjoy some coffee while it's quite.
TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 09:50 AM   #3  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Crystal: Kids will be kids....I was really hoping for you that Andrew was growing out of a phase....still could be, never know. That's cool about your sis and Alisa having the same birthday. Maybe the baby will come on their birthday.....that would be too cool.

Not much planned here today just cleaning and trying to keep kids quiet so dh can sleep. Also have to check on some tools for dh.

Have a great day and I will check back in later.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 10:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

I think that new pillow will take some time to get used to but I do like it, just different I guess. But I slept pretty well. I woke up at 3 am a little sick, but it passed after a few minutes. Must have ate too much junk yesterday.
Well today I'm staying home all day. I'm cleaning and crocheting. That's about it. LOL. Dinner tonight will be crockpot rotisserie chicken. I'm suppose to go grocery shopping but since I have everything for meals for today I may wait until tomorrow or monday to go.

Deana, enjoy your day! And you can email me that article if it isn't too much hassle. Sounds interesting. How is your ear today?

Crystal ,when is your next doc appointment?? And your sis is due this month right? When? How is she feeling?

Michelle, how are you feeling? I can't believe you went to work! You need some time off You deserve it anyway.

Chris, so sorry to hear about your nephew! That must have been so painful for him. My kids are always hurting one another, not intentionally of course, but Bubba threw a rock at Ava once and cut her head open, she required a staple in it. Kids do that I guess.

Cindi, when is the surgery? I hope today is much better for you than yesterday.

Penny, why are you booking flights!!?? Are you going on vacation? Are you LEAVING us? LOL! I guess I missed that talk, where are you going?

Well, I need to get some breakfast out for the kids. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 10:43 AM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Oh my gosh! I about had a panic attack. My computer wouldn't let me type a thing. I had to shut the whole thing down. ARRRGGHHHH!

My kids are all awake and ready to run. I'm not there yet.... I let Nicole play outside yesterday, and got in trouble with the DH. He had to giver her some medicine AGAIN while I went with to take Kyle to the doctor. She was wheezing again. I guess that tells me that whatever is bugging her is outside and I'm guessing its the leaves. Fall must not be her season.

My little nephew, Kyle, is doing fine. The doctor thinks he probably scratched his cornea but didn't want to upset him anymore by putting the dye in his eye to check. They had to flush it 6 times. The doctor said it looked like he had the whole sandbox in his eye. He's got some antibiotic ointment to put in his eye for a few days. I hope he's okay. I told my sister since Nicole did it, she had better let us pay for it. She says no but I feel obligated to do it.

I was going to try to get some stuff done around here today but knowing me, I'll probably try to find someone to bug today. I haven't seen my newest nephew in a week so I might have to check in on my other sister. She just had a baby 9 weeks ago. Conner is a little cutie. He loves to smile already and coo and "talk". Another real ladies man.

My DH works on Saturdays and he found a new toy to play with that I could kill him for. He bought an old 1973 mail jeep. Isn't that just sick? It is uglier than sin. He's going to fix it up, he says. Get this...for a personalized license plate on it he is going to put BABMGNT (Babe Magnet...NOT!) Ewwwww!

ttfn,
~Chris

Not too much time for personals today. Nicole is screaming for that darn Jamaiica Barbie dvd. I just might have to hide that thing. M
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 11:36 AM   #6  
I'm a homeschool mama

Spryng, yes I go to the doc on the 19th. They're gonna try to find the sex again, hopefully this time they will. And my sister is due on the 11th. Hers and Alisa's birthday is the 9th.

Chris, we don't want her to have that baby on their birthday, it's already hard to share those birthdays. All of our kids share the same month and we would like another one to be as far away as possible, just because it makes it so hard. 3 of hers and 1 of mine are in December. 2 of hers and 1 of mine is in June, 1 of hers is the end of May. Hers and Alisa's is in October and now this one too. She has one child with a Sept. birthday. And my next one is for Feb or even January and that will help mix them up a bit.

Okay,dh took all 3 kids with him for a while to go visit his grandparents and I did a little cleaning but now it's bath time in silence. We are going out to eat tonight to celebrate our Anniversary. We have a gift card for The Olive Garden which is our favorite place of all time. So I'm gonna find some tunes on the radio and soak in the tub. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 12:50 PM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies!

Crystal,
Hope you have a great time at the olive garden! I love that place! But keep me away! Can't control myself....lol Congrats to Alisa on the tests! Awesome job! Hope you get some rest in the tub since Andrew didn't let you get some rest last night

Chris,
Poor Nicole and Kyle Hope they are both doing better I just love little babies I think you will have a nice visit

Deana,
Hope you have a good day.... SSShhhhh.....Hope dh gets some sleep in Can't wait for your weigh in Tuesday!

Spryng,
Is it easier for you to shop on Mondays? I know here I can't hardly go on a weekend with all the people. I try to go on Monday mornings when everybody is at work. Hubby and I are going to Las Vegas the 26-29th of this month for our birthdays and anniversary. My bday Oct.28, Anni. Oct.29, Hubby's bday Oct.30.

Melissa,
I went ahead and booked at the New York New York... The one that you stayed in.... Did you go on that roller coaster in the hotel??? Hubby wants to go..... But I am scared.....lol Hope you are having a great on plan day!

Jill,
So glad I got to talk to you last night! Hope you are feeling a little better and I am keeping Bayley in my prayers

Michelle,
Are you feeling any better today? Sure hope so!

Geri,
Anything planned for the weekend?

Kristen,
Are you getting ready for next weekend! I know we will have a great challenge!

Cindi,
I think it is a great idea to challenge with us with the chocolate! I am keeping you in my thoughts for Monday! Keep us informed and get some good rest!

Cheri,
Are you still around girly? How is schooling going?

Ricci, Ginny, Melinda, Jaymi, Julie, Ginny, Angel, Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!!!!!

I am doing great this morning... Swept & mopped kitchen and bathrooms, cleaned bathrooms, washed all the sheets, cleaned the stove, microwave, countertops, made all the beds.
I still want to vaccum, windex, and dust... But

The kids want to play twister.... Hope I dont' fall and not be able to get up..

Have a great day! I am flying in a bit if anyone wants to join
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 12:54 PM   #8  

Spryng: I emailed that article. Let me know if you can't read it. My ear is feeling better today but I used the ear drops right before bed last night again and it's still a little stuffed up. I can hear the fluid when I swallow, but all in all it's better, no pain today.

Crystal: Enjoy your time alone!!! I forget what it's like.

Chris: Glad your nephew is going to be fine. My oldest got lime thrown in his eyes a couple yeaers ago at scout camp but luckily he had his glasses on and it didn't do any permanent damage. It's still scary. Hope Nichole gets to feeling better today.

Check back later.
Old 10-02-2004, 06:08 PM   #9  

Ok, did everyone abandon me?

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day!!!
Old 10-02-2004, 06:31 PM   #10  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

My gosh its a quiet day on here. I just got back from my mom's. She was babysitting Conner, so I got my baby time in. He has changed so much in the last week...he has a triple chin, instead of just a double and some chipmunk cheeks.

Nicole is finally down for a nap. She's been a busy little girl today. I still need to clean the house. Serious lack of motivation here. Somebody needs to kick me in the butt and get me moving.

Well, hope everyone is having a great Saturday, whether at work or play. I'll catch up with you all later after I get a few things done around here.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 07:07 PM   #11  

Deana, We are here, it's Saturday ya know. We are all doing the weekend thing. We still luv ya though.

Penny, Yeh, the NYNY Hotel. It was fun. Some guy from another office and I were the only ones who went on the roller coaster. It was scary but fun. Over in probably 15 seconds. It goes so fast, but it cost us $10.00 each to get on. It's like you have to do it, you might not ever get the chance again. Kind of cool. You will have so much fun, whether you go on that coaster or not. There is sooo much to do there. And I mean other than the gambling. Some great shows, places to eat, other rides and attractions. THere;s a mall that rains.. I didn't go there, but I've heard of it. There's a Star wars or star trek place, don't remember which, but I thought of going to check it out, but we didn't have time.

Crystal, hope you get some rest tonight!

Chris, Hi, glad you got the little one down. HOpe the rest of the day was good.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 08:43 PM   #12  
2BoysMom

Let's try this again...Tony got mad at me and hit the key board...is it bedtime yet????

Thanks for noticing I wasn't here ! Just got busy with the boys outside...it was actually nice outside. I didn't work yesterday because the office was closed due to the funeral for that partner who died in the car accident. Did some housework too. Didn't get down here to post but I did lurk. Last night I went to a Pampered Chef party. Have any of you ever been? I love their stuff and already own so much. I spent $58 and booked a party but didnt' pick a date yet. I'm thinking in early November so people can order for Christmas presents.

Today I went to the grocery store (don't like to do that on Saturday but it needed to be done) did some laundry and cleaned the deck floor so hopefully we can finish the staining tomorrow. All the railings were done last weekend. It was only about 56 degrees today but at least the sun was out so it looked nice. Tomorrow is supposed to hit 65 but we'll see..then cold again. Hopefully we'll get some of the Halloween decs out too. Don't do too much yet because I'd probably scare Will with the spooky stuff .

Spryng...is your SIL a for sure for babysitting? Hope you get the job just so that Dh can be home with you at night. It's a tough adjustment...let me tell you!

Michelle..I miss you too! Haven't even sent out any snail mail lately. I've been baaaadddd! We'll get that challenge going soon. I did do my 3 mile walk again today. Dinner was enchilada's and I only had 2 small ones. They're not all that bad except for the cheese.

Hi to Deana, Chris, Cindi, Penny, Mel, Crystal, Jill (hope Bayley's better), and everyone else out there.

That's about it for me tonight. I'll try to make it back here tomorrow night. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 11:13 PM   #13  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Ladies..

Geri,
I am so sorry again about the man at the office. That is so horrible.
I have never been to a Pampered Chef party but I hear alot of great things about! I just went to a Creative Memories Scrapbooking party and have one booked for next Monday! I can't wait! Congrats on the walk! How is the Dr Phil plan going?

Deana,
I am glad to hear your ear is feeling better today! Ear infections are the worse!

Melissa,
Thanks for all the advice! You are the best!! How did the purse come out??

Chris,
I bet the baby is just a cutie!! Come on girl! Do you want me to give you a kick...lol Did you ever check into flylady?

Jill,
Hope you are having a great night out!

Well I am off to bed... It is getting late and I got church in the am. We are bringing the kiddos to ChuckeCheese's tomorrow! Hunter is reading this and now knows...lol I hate it when they learn to read......lol

TTYL
Old 10-03-2004, 12:49 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hey all!

One last post from me today. I am sooo tired tonight. I did get some stuff done today. I tackled my kids rooms and that took 3 solid hours of cleaning. But I got out a huge bag and filled it up with toys to give away and threw away all the broken ones and such that were in their rooms. Both rooms came out very good and look cute again, lol. But it was hard work. I didn't get to the grocery store but I made my list today so I'll go tomorrow morning. Dinner came out great, the kids ate 3 servings! So it must have been pretty good, lol. Other than that didn't do much else today. Got a little crocheting in and watched some tv.

Penny, chuck e cheese is so much fun for us. I just love taking the kids, in fact we took them last friday when dh was in. We all had fun. We ate at red lobster first and then went to chuck e cheese just to play the games.

Geri, I've never heard of the pampered chef either but it sounds like something I would like .Is it all kitchen stuff?? Is there a catalog I could see? And as far as I know SIL is a for sure thing for babysitting. Let's hope it stays that way. But if not I won't mind putting them in daycare here, Ava and Bubba will go into the pre-school side of it and Tanner I won't worry about as much because he isn't an infant anymore. I always hated the thought of leaving my baby in a daycare... but I guess he isn't a baby is he? lol.

Chris, I went through that lack of motivation with house cleaning about two weeks ago and it lasted several days... know what motivated me to get off my butt and clean?? My cousin unexpectedly stopped in and I was mortified by how my house looked, lol... so as soon as she left I cleaned and cleaned and have kept it up since then. So you'll feel like it sooner or later

Deana, I got that article but I can't read it because it's sideways! Is there a way I can turn it over or something?

Penny, Las Vegas!! How fun!! Can I go too?? I hope you two have lots of fun!

Crystal, I can't wait to find out what you are having! And your sis must be so excited that her due date is in 9 days! Does she go early? Does she do it all natural like you? So exciting! Will you be there when she has the baby?

OK, gotta get off here and get in bed. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 01:09 AM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Spryng,

Pampered Chef is really neat stuff! They probably have a pamperedchef.com website.. never checked it out though..... I would imagine that is it....lol

It is stone ware that you cook on. Very nice (from what I've seen)

Geri,
Correct me if I'm wrong

Have a great night