Old 10-01-2004, 10:30 AM   #1  
There is no try, only DO

Default Hi :) new here (126 to lose)

Hi all,

Just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. I'm Heather, 30, doing South Beach. Started on 9/29 at 298, down to 296 as of today. I know it's the initial water weight loss.. but hey, I'll take it!

I'm really positive and commited to doing this for myself this time. I'm setting my goals as 10 pounds each so that I don't get discouraged looking at the big picture. My final goal is 170, which is a size 10/12 for me.

I know if I don't take care of myself now I'm going to die young. At 23 I had to go on bp meds because of my weight, that wasn't enough to scare me. At 26 I had my gallbladder removed, that didn't do it either. At 30 my back hurts so much every day I can barely move when I wake up sometimes. I don't want to be like this anymore. I deserve more. I'm a young, vibrant woman and life is too short to throw it away for the taste of dorito's.

I did lose 40 pounds a couple years ago, but gradually it crept back up. I was hovering in the 270's until last year, then *bang* back to 300's. No more, I've had enough. I want to be able to get out there and live my life pain free, med free, and without the horrid self conciousness that I always feel in public.

I think my true desire to change came about when I was sitting (and eating of course) and I remember thinking.. I wish I wasn't so out of control. And there was this little voice in the back of my head that said "you've always had the control, it's just been your choice what to do with it". It was one of those great lightbulb over the head moments. I can choose to eat crap, or, I can choose not to. I *AM* the only one in control of me. Maybe this sounds stupid, but it really was this big epiphany moment in my life.

So, here I am. 2 pounds out of 128 gone, and determined to vanquish the rest of them as well. I think half my life obese has been more than enough. It's time to let that inner thin chick out for some air.

I've been poking through the postings and I think you all are fabulous. I look forward to getting to know everyone in this group.

Thanks for listening

Heather
lil_cara_mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 12:38 PM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Welcome HEATHER!!!!

We are so glad to have you. I like you way of thinking. You are so right. We are the ones in control. And we can do this!!! Together!!!!

Feel free to jump right in on any of the threads!!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 01:50 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

oh my... you ARE an impressive young woman, heather.. can't wait to cheer you on.

and sandi, honey. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?????
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

I like to extend a welcome from a fellow Heather:-) I like the comment you made about being in control. Sometimes it is hard to realize that when you really crave that junk food, but we can do this. This board has been a source of motivation for me, and has helped keep me on track this time around. Good Luck, and jump on in!
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:40 PM   #5  

Welcome Heather, I have about the same amount of weight to loose as well. Good luck and best wishes. This is a GREAT place to be and get support. So feel free to ask all the questions you need and answer all that you can!

Blessings
bella23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 03:49 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! I'm just a few lbs more than you and also doing SBD. We are glad to have you. I wish you much success, this is a very supportive group.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 03:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome. I too started out with about that much to lose. Now got almost 35 of those pesky pounds gone. Feel free to jump in on any of the posting and start a few of your own.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 06:38 PM   #8  

Quote:
"you've always had the control, it's just been your choice what to do with it". It was one of those great lightbulb over the head moments. I can choose to eat crap, or, I can choose not to. I *AM* the only one in control of me.
That's what it's all about, choices. Nobody forces us to do this to ourselves. We are solely responsible for how we treat our bodies and we are the only ones who can change our destructive behaviors.

It sounds like you've really got your head on straight about this one. Congratulations and welcome to the group. I wish you tremendous success, and I promise your efforts will pay off. Keep up the good work!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:34 PM   #9  
Abby's Mommy

Howdy Heather! Welcome to our little world! Glad you came!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 03:33 PM   #10  
There is no try, only DO

Oh my goodness, thank you all so much for the warm welcomes!

I hit a fantastic clearance sale at a Dot's yesterday and got some great clothes for $20.. 3 pairs of work pants, a dressy top, and the cutest lil jammie set. Usually I wear leggings and denim leggings.. you know, they always shrink down so small when you aren't wearing them I guess it's been an easy way to delude myself all these years. I keep looking at the pants and just how BIG they are. It's definitely another motivation to see the size. I start real estate school this coming Thurs. and I'm really hoping by the time it's over (Dec.) that these pants will be falling off, or close to it anyway.

I'd post a few pics of me, but I'm not sure how. Can someone tell me please?

So, that's all my news for today.. hope everyone is doing well, and thank you again for the warm fuzzy welcomes, I do appreciate it

Heather
Old 10-02-2004, 04:29 PM   #11  
Getting back on track!

Hi Heather! Looking forward to getting to know you!
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:30 AM   #12  
There is no try, only DO

Ok, going to try and post the ol' mug shot here.. fingers crossed it will work hehe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LILCARA.jpg (16.4 KB, 22 views)
Old 10-03-2004, 11:01 AM   #13  
Losin' it forever!

Welcome Heather! Your attitude is awesome! Yes, I had a similar ephany, only I have spent the majority of my life overweight and I'm 38!

Looking forward to getting to know you and cheering you on!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote