Old 09-30-2004, 07:57 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile SAHM's #261 Thursday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 15 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories excercising, and drinking lots of water.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 08:07 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Happy September 30th

TODAY IS MY 9TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!

Good Morning Ladies. Hope everyone had a great night. Andrew gave me probably the best gift ever...7 1/2 hours of straight, solid, 100% sleep. I'm refreshed and already in a great mood. I'm staying home today and getting some laundry done, my desk area organized, the bathroom cleaned and the majority of the house picked up.

Penny, you were one busy mama yesterday, hope it slows down for you.

Jill, sorry you had such a busy, busy day. I did too. Hope today brings calmer waves your way.

Geri, good luck with the kids at the sitter. Hope work goes well.

Amy Michele, my kids call my parents papa and nanny too. Thought that was neat. Have fun shopping.

Michelle, thanks for your warm sleeping wishes, it worked. Hope you have a great day.

Spryng, is this how's it going to be if dh gets a job close to home? Please say no, you are my biggest inspiration and I'm sure you are to these other ladies.

Hello to Deana, Amy, Mel, Chris, Ricci and everyone else out there in sahm world. Hope everyone has a great day.

I'm gonna enjoy some coffee and keep looking at our house plans, I'm getting my design in mind. We figured it last night and it's right over 2100 sq. ft. Do you know the house I live in now, is less than 1000? It really will be like a mansion to me. When we sign papers and I know we are actually starting, I'll scan this house plan and post it for you all to see.
Hope you all have a great day. TTYL
Old 09-30-2004, 08:24 AM   #3  

Morning ladies!@!!!!!!

Crystal.. Happy Anniversary! I will send you clothes out on Saturday!

Bugga was up very early this am. 5am, so I ended up sleeping in while he was napping. Not good, because Abby has school and I have to get to the gym. Dont feel like it, but I do feel like it ...IF you know what I mean. So, I'll check in later when I'm all back here.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 08:30 AM   #4  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi Mel, so sorry about your night. Maybe when you have your anniversary you'll get a good night's sleep, lol!!! Just kidding. Thanks for those clothes. If you want me to pay for shipping, let me know. Thanks again. Have fun at the gym.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:17 AM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies,
Crystal-Happy Anniversary! Glad you finally got some well deserved sleep in.

Best wishes for a great day to all you gals. I was up early early early again. My other arm and hand swelled and started to hurt, so down to the couch I came. Nicole was outside playing in the leaves yesterday, and came in wheezing so...Yep, again! We are back to breathing treatments. She's been awake feeling awful since about 3 this morning. My poor little munchkin. I'll be home today instead of working. I'll just have to go print everything up on Sunday I guess.

I'm going to start waterlogging my body in just a bit. I'm only going to shoot for 100 oz. today. That extra 30+ added way to many trips to the bathroom.

I'll check in later after I get the kids off to school and Nicole settled down and comfortable. C-ya later girlies
~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 09:43 AM   #6  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

GOOD MORNING LADIES!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CRYSTAL AND DH!!!

Crystal: WOW, maybe you should tell Andrew that every day is your anniversary... . It could mean more restful nights. Hope you have a great day. Are you and dh doing anything special today?

Michelle: Call your doctor today. I imagine you have heard but they are doing a worldwide recall on the Vioxx. If you want I can send a link for you to read on our local news. Glad you have today off too, after working as much as you have lately you need it girl.

Amy Michele: Hope you and Joe have a nice weekend without the angels. I can't remember what that's like. I have a hard time finding someone (or several someones) to take all 4 of mine for a night so we can go out. We agreed a couple months ago that we need 1 night every month to go on a date. Well it happened last month but Oct. isn't looking good so far. Our 6th anniversary is the 17th but dh has to work all that weekend. Then the next weekend he will be gone for 5 days, then work the next weekend. I may never get a date!!! . on the WATP. I need to do mine this morning so I can get jumpstarted. I've been slacking a bit on them so I need to get my butt in gear.

Jill: Your evening class sounds great. Have you thought about what cause you are going to campaign for? Will you actually be raising donations for your cause? or is it all mock? Have you heard anymore on Bayley's lab results? Don't worry about the water, you still did great considering how much you were running. Today is another day

Spryng: COME BACK!!! WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
And tell dh he better not be making you eat bad or we're coming for him

Chris: Hope today is a better day for you. Hope helping dh clean last night wasn't too much for your hands.

Mel: Sounds like a busy day there. Glad to hear you are so enthused about getting to the gym!!! You go girl! Sorry you didn't sleep well last night. Have you decided anymore on the tests for Bugga? Have a great time at the gym and a great day after you get done.

Leigh: Can't those darned computer guys work any faster? Tell them you have an online family to get back to and they need to step up the pace a bit .

Geri: I know you are working today but wanted to let you know I hope the sitter works out great for you. I have a hard time trusting anyone with mine. Guess that makes it a little harder to get away.....lol.

Penny: Busy day again today? Have a great one.

Hi to anyone I missed. I'm sure there are several out there.

As for me, dh is off today and wants to go look at a flea market we passed the other day. We've been keeping our eyes open for a couple of chairs to go in the gun shop with a table for customers to sit at and BS. This place had many, many chairs hung on a wall. Just hope they aren't too expensive. I can get some at auction for probably $10 each. Other than that, I need to excercise, dishes, laundry and get busy on my cub scout stuff. I need to start meetings next week and still don't have a place lined up to have them. I don't have room here for me and 7 boys to do anything. So I have to contact a few places in town.

Supper tonight will be Simmered Dove Breasts, something for a side and a veggie or two. I'll have to have something else for the kids to eat because I'm not sure they will eat the dove. They aren't too keen on wild game unless it's venison or BBQ squirrel. Oh well, dh loves to hunt and it's food on the table. I'll try to get them to atleast try it.

I need to go WATP and get things going around here....while dh is dove hunting. Rabbit season starts tomorrow and we have a beagle pup that is really anxious to hunt. He already goes out and "runs" them.

Talk to you ladies later.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!!!
So glad to be here again! Dh is out on the dump truck with FIL so he'll be gone today and leaves out tomorrow. Job hunting was a bust. We tried everyday but there is just nothing around here, well that pays worth anything anyway. I was so frustrated yesterday because you either have to know someone who knows someone to get a good job around here or just pray they are desperate and will hire anyone. Not that my dh doesn't have great qualifications, he does... they just want specific ones I guess that he could quickly learn but they don't want to bother with it. So anyway... so tomorrow he goes back to his company which he is not happy with. Neither am I, but what can I do? I've talked about going back to work also so he could get a job around here that paid less but got him home everynight, but he hasn't decided if he wants me to do that or not. Ok, enough about that I suppose.
So I missed you all!!! Today I will be catching up on housework since dh won't be home until after 4-5 pm. Did anyone watch Lost last night??? What a great episode!!!!! Lots of mysteries on that island!! Great show so far. I also saw Wife Swap and boy I really hated the dh of that rich woman. What a pud. Would rather be at the gym than home with his kids at dinner time. So stupid. I didn't like her much at first either but as the show went on she wasn't so bad even though she was still very lazy. Dinner tonight will be something with chicken... chicken breasts. Any ideas what to do with them??

Deana, you crack me up! My eating has been pretty good while dh is home. I slipped up a little yesterday but all in all he's been really good about supporting my plan and eating it without any complaints, lol. I haven't had dove in years! My dad was a real hunter and we ate squirell all the time, and dove and rabbits and deer and such growing up. I even rememeber huge geese at thanksgiving and such. Good stuff!! I think you and I have more in common than we know, lol.

Chris, I haven't caught up on past threads yet so please tell me what you did to your arm and what is going on with your little one! Get better soon ok?

Mel, hope you are able to get to the gym!

Crystal, happy anniversary!! Anything planned for tonight? Dinner out or something? I hope it's a great one and this year the best ever! And I can't wait to see pictures of those houseplans!!!! And no, I won't be MIA like I have been if dh gets a job here locally... because he'd be working 9-5 or whatever and I'd be able to post on the net, lol. Right now he is home everyday and every time I get on the computer he says, come spend time with me! Come talk to me! So he guilts me into staying off it, lol... but if he was working everyday there wouldn't be a problem, lol. 2100 sq ft would seem like a mansion to me too... our house is barely 1000 sq ft also so I know what you mean.

Ok, I'm going to go back and try to catch up on ya'lls lives for the past few days and see what I missed. TTYL!
Oh Penny and Jill, how is Core going? I noticed you both stopped posting on the Core board, I hope you are still loving it and it's working for you!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:22 AM   #8  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies......

I tried like three different times to post yesterday and it wasn't happening

Melissa,
I am so happy for you! I know you have your motivation back and you are getting in high gear now Awesome Keep up the great work! Thanks for all the cheering for me too

Kristen,
Ok we have decided for next week to start an exercise/water challenge for the week: You have to do some sort of exercise 4/7 days and 64 oz of water every day I am not sure what the prize will be at the end of the week.... A card in the mail? Whatcha think?
Anyone else wanna join us

Deana,
How are you doing on watp's? I have been doing the 2 mile every day and I am making sure I keep it hyped up... I am starting to feel the burn Do you have any pics of hubby's shop? I would to see it!

Crystal,
Happy Anniversary! Congrats on the sleep!!!! Are ya'll doing anything special???

Cindi,
When is your weigh in day?? I am so proud of you to be down! I was keeping you in my prayers on the biopsy. I am glad they were answered!

Chris,
Poor Nicole~ I hope she and You start feeling better today! HUGS!

Spryng,
Ok Gimme directions to Kansas!!!!!!!! I am coming after you~

Michelle,
Bet the girls and you had a great time staying home Anything new on the Light the Night in your area?

Amy!
Welcome! Congrats on the weight loss~ That is awesome And I love your screen name

Ricci,
Hope Eric starts feeling better! Did they give him a steriod? Let us know how finals go!

Julie,
How are you doing girlie?

Jill,
I miss you girlie

Geri,
I am waiting to see how the boys did with the new sitter! I bet they are having a blast!

Well I am not doing too much around here today... Lazy today lol

My cat has been missing since yesterday and I found her this morning on the side of the house. She passed away but I am ok with it b/c it doesn't look like anything happened to her... She was 12
Anyhow I got hubby coming home to get her

Yesterday's QOTD: I want to wear those silky long skirts but my hips and thighs are huge and they clinge to them

My QOTD *from yesterday...lol)
What is your most tempting food and how do you cope?

This is so strange i know but I am obessed with Blue Plate Mayo... I used to but it on everything ... and I mean everything....lol I just don't eat it at all anymore b/c I can't just eat a little.... and I do not like any other low fat or ff mayo
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:25 AM   #9  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Spryng! I haven't really even been posting on my board.... Just so much going on!

Doing just fine though... eating well and exercising and getting in my water

I am so sorry hubby hasn't found anything Glad ya'll are getting in some good time together though HUGS
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:37 AM   #10  
**Kristin**

Good Morning! Got dd to Pre-school and now I am going to tackle this desk...it is horrible and I need to pay bills!

Spryng!!! Yea!! You are alive, I am sorry that dh couldn't find a job, things will work out the way they are suppose to, I will say some prayers for you and your family! As far as the chicken breasts, you could make that crab stuffing that I told you about that one time.....cream cheese, lipton herb and garlic packet, and crab meat! Anyway -that is the only thing I can think of....it sounds good to me!

Crystal - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! SOOOOO glad you got some sleep last night, that is great. Are you and dh doing anything special? That is awesome about the house plans. Glad you guys are getting that all figured out. 2100 sq ft. is a great size! our home is 1600 sg. ft and I know we could use the more room !!!Good luck with the plans!

Deana - Dove? that is awesome, like you and spryng, I had pheseant, duck, geese, dove, buffalo, deer and shark.......my parents always liked to try new things. Shark was really good, surprisingly! Sounds like a good meal! Way to go on the positive attitude lately, you are doing awesome, have a great day!

Amy Michele - my mom and dad are nana and papa too! I also had my dads parents as nana and papa (nanny and poppy)...that is so cool I think. and it makes it easier for kids to understand whick set of grandparents Im talking about! LOL!

Chris - sorry you are having so much trouble with your RH. I would be going nuts, saying some prayers for some relief for you SOON!

OKay I can't remember anyone else! LOL! My mom just stopped my, I will be back later when I get some of this desk done !! TTYL !!!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:37 AM   #11  
I'm a homeschool mama

Just checking in between duties. Fixing to hop in the shower then clean the bathroom. Got kitchen cleaned and swept, laundry in washer, bed made. After the bathroom is cleaned, I'll start on my desk area. That's going to take until lunch time I'm sure. After lunch, we'll school.

Anyways, Spryng, so glad you're back. So sorry dh didn't find a job. But like we ALL know, you never know where the road is going to lead you and when the right job opens or the right path is there, you'll know and then understand what the long process was all about. I don't think we're going out tonight. Maybe this weekend, but nothings planned. We spent over an hour just talking about the house and looking at the plans and that was very nice.

Penny, sorry to hear about the cat. Was it old age? Glad you're able to be around today.

Deana, thanks for the anniversary wishes. Hope you and dh have fun today.

Chris, sorry about your hand. Hope it gets better as the day goes on and hope Nicole gets better. I know all about that and I hate it too, there's nothing you can do for them to make it better. Breaks your heart.

Okay, gonna jump in the shower. TTYL
Old 09-30-2004, 11:14 AM   #12  

Penny, I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. Poor little thing. She's in a good place now anyway. How r the kids taking it? Do they know?

Deana, have fun at the flea market. Hope you find the chairs.

Kristin. Good Morning.

Spryng, nice to hear from you. Sorry, dh didn't find a worth wild job. Hope you get in all that cleaning that you have to do.

Ok ladies, I got to the gym and did well. I got my half hour intense walk in. burned 260 calories. Check in with you all later.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:00 PM   #13  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls! Don't have class till tonight but I will have the other baby here at 11:30 till after I leave for class so not sure how much I will be here since I will be having 2 babies to take care of!! I'll tell ya even though Bayley and him are both easy going kids it's stilll SO hard! Geez I was trying to get myself some dinner last night and it was almost immpossible. Luckily when I have another one Bayley will be about 3 so it will hopefully be a little easier. Anyway my diet was going good this week till I bought a small bag of Riesen last night and decided to have just the serving size YA RIGHT!! I ate like half the bag! It was a small bag but still past the serving size. It's ok though, I have my weekly cheat points so I will just not have that many this weekend. Luckily we are having girls night on Sat. and we have decided to eat healthy since almost everyone coming is on some kind of diet. We are going to have tri tip steak, couscous and a veggie and for dessert I am going to bring a South Beach approved dessert that I learned from my mom. Anyway I hope I can get a few things done today while the baby is here, I am hoping he will sleep the same time Bayley does, he doesn't take nearly as long naps as Bayley does so that should be interesting. I think he takes more of them though so that will be nice. So thats my day, nothing exciting but I am hoping to get in a lot of water since I will be home almost all day!!

Crystal YAY on the sleep!!! YAY on the anniversary!!!! And YAY on the 2100 square foot house!!!!! Geez that is a huge house!! Are you paying big bucks for it? I just ask cuz my parents just built a 1700 square foot house and it was A LOT of money. The only way they were able to do it was since they made a lot off of their other house and had paid a lot of it off. Are you selling your house that you are in right now? Our house is about 1160 square feet and we are going to outgrow it soon but we will keep it as a rental once we move into a bigger house, good investment I think. Anyway I hope you have a great day! It should be with all that great stuff going on right?

Mel sorry bugga was up early, I did the same thing the other day and was drained for the rest of the day. How is it too much sleep does the same thing to you as not enough sleep? Weird.

Chris AHHHHHH not again! Sorry about your hand and your dd. I hope they both get well soon!

Deana for my campaign I'm thinking of doing something with Boys and Girls Clubs or the Sparrow foundation. Both have people working in them that are family so it would be an easy contact and I know I could really get something cool going. Sparrow foundation is for terminally ill kids and the sparrow clubs go into the school the child attneds and helps the school come up with ways to raise funds or other things that the child, or child's family might need. Sometimes it's just money to help will medical bills and sometimes it's a van to get to and from far away doctors visits. It's a really neat organization and my cousin in the go to person in our valley so it would be cool. Anyway my job in my class is to find out what they need and come up with a persuasive way to get it by doing some sort of radio, video, visual type thing in front of the class, we are not required to really do it for the actual people if we dont want but we can and I think I will, I mean if I spend all that time on a cool project why not share it. Sorry for the book, I was just excited! I've never had dove or squirrel. I've had duck, elk and deer and that's about it!! LOL Hope you got your exercise in!

Spryng!! YAY!!!! YOUR BACK!!! Geez it was really weird without you! Can't wait for you to be back officially! Anyway I have just been really busy like Penny and haven't even posted as much here as usual either. I'm doing good with CORE and lost 2 pounds last week so I was excited about that. I'm still going strong aside from TOM this week so we will see how WI goes. Hope you get to post again today!!! Sorry about dh's job hunting I'm sure something will come up when the time is right. My dh doesn't like his job either but we decided he should stick it out till I start teaching since it's unlikely he would find another job that pays as much and then we would be in trouble bill wise and I'm not supposed to work during the Masters program. Anyway I know your pain in a small way. Time will tell I guess

Penny sorry about you cat SAD. Do the boys know yet?

QOTD: Hardest food for me to stay away from is anything sweet, especially chocolate. I can't even keep chocolate chips in the house or I will eat them, it's bad!!!

Hi Kristin, hope you are having a great day!!! How was your day of nothing? LOL

Allright need to get baby up so I can get her back down for a nap so I can get a shower before the other baby gets here. Glad he doesn't come every day like this or I would have a pig sty house everyday!! LOL Oh wait I do!! Just kidding. Have a great day ladies!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:14 PM   #14  

Sorry, I forgot the qotd from yesterday. BROWNIES are my downfall. I try to just aviod them. I wait till everyone else has had theirs and if there are none left, it wasn't meant to be. If there's a few left I eat one. then I won't be tempted to have another.

Sorry, I can't think of a QOTD for today yet.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:36 PM   #15  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Hey chicks!

I am in on the water again today...it's all I have! LOL!! do you know my fridge was working fine, so we sent the rental back yesterday and my old fridge is on the blink again!! I judt don't think it likes to be moved, so we are going to unplug it and see if it resets itself again! It ran for almost 4 weeks with no problems til I moved it! GRRRRRRR

Today I am cooking up as much as I can out of the fridge and freezer so we can unplug it for 24 hours! INSANE!!

I am feeling TOM coming on and so far I am still down 2.5 pounds, which I think is way cool!!

My weakness is chocolate and peanut butter! If I had chocolate chips, I would stir them in with some pb and eat them by the spoonful!! LOL! My brain somehow never registers when I eat anything with that combo and before I know it...I have been VERY BAD!! So if my brain doesn't register that I am eating tons of pb and chocolate, maybe as a combo they are calorie free??

PEnny...I'd love to join the challenge, but can't due to my surgery! Hope you do it again when I am able! So sorry about the kitty!! ((((Penny)))

Spryng...glad you are back!

Mel...great job on the exercising, I am so proud of you!!

To the rest...my mind just went blank, so I am going to eat something and be back later...but I luv ya all!!

Going to do some cleaning then I will check back!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote