Old 09-28-2004, 03:59 PM   #1  

Default Bad day, please help my funk!

Hi everyone, I know I'm not around much anymore but I need to vent a little and I know you guys are here to help, no matter what. I seem to be having a particularly bad day. I don't know if its just hormones mixed with extra work related stress, plus a mild headache, but I'm not coping well, and darn it if I don't just feel like stuffing my fool face right now! It's amazing how automatic that comfort response is, bad day = food, why is that? I'm trying to hold it all together, and not let this get the better of me, but it's just adding to the stress and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now. I'm having one of those days where you just want to cry for no reason, which I hate, and I feel completely ridiculous. So somebody, please, tell me something to make me laugh and get me out of this stupid funk I'm in. In the meantime I'll just be padlocking the fridge.

Love,
Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 04:12 PM   #2  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hi Beverly,

I'm not very good with words, but am thinking of you and sending good vibes and {{{{{{{{{{{{{{great big hugs}}}}}}}}}}}} (Woops ~ when i first typed that I made a typo and it came out - great big jugs - there maybe that will help you smile - LOL.)

Hang in there ~ read the words in your signiture line ~ sometimes I am able to think of those words of yours, and it helps me. You have helped me!!

Take care
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 05:27 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

hope these help, bev... along with

A ducks walks into a bar and asks, "Got any grapes?"
The bartender, confused, tells the ducks that no, his bar doesn't serve grapes. The duck thanks him and leaves.

The next day, the duck returns and says, "Got any grapes?"
Again, the bartender tells him that, no, the bar does not serve grapes, has never served grapes, and, furthermore, will never serve grapes. The duck, a little ruffled, thanks him and leaves.

The next day, the duck returns, but before he can say anything, the bartender begins to yell: ''Listen, duck! This is a bar! We do not serve grapes! If you ever ask for grapes again, I will nail your stupid duck beak to the bar!''

The duck is silent for a moment, and then asks, ''Got any nails?''

Confused, the bartender says no.
''Good!'' says the duck. ''Got any grapes?''

How to Annoy Your Co-Workers

1) Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice.

2) Find out where your boss shops and buy exactly the same outfits. Wear them one day after your boss does. This is especially effective if your boss is a different gender than you.

3) Make up nicknames for all your co-workers and refer to them only by these names. "That's a good point, Sparky." "No, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with you there, Chachie."

4) Send e-mail to the rest of the company telling them exactly what you're doing. For example: "If anyone needs me, I'll be in the bathroom."

5) Hi-Lite your shoes. Tell people you haven't lost them as often since you did this.

6) While sitting at your desk, soak your fingers in Palmolive. Call everyone Madge.

7) Hang mosquito netting around your cubicle. When you emerge to get coffee, a printout, or whatever, slap yourself at random the whole way.

8) Put a chair facing a printer. Sit there all day and tell people you're waiting for your document.

9) Every time someone asks you to do something, anything, ask him or her if they want fries with that.

10) Send e-mail back and forth to yourself, engaging yourself in an intellectual debate. Forward the mail to a co-worker and ask her to settle the disagreement.

11) Encourage your colleagues to join you in a little synchronized chair-dancing.

12) Put your trash can on your desk. Label it "IN".

13) Feign an unnatural and hysterical fear of staplers.

14) Send e-mail messages saying there's free pizza, donuts, or cake in the lunchroom. When people drift back to work complaining that they found none, lean back, pat your stomach, and say, "Oh you've got to be faster than that."

15) Put decaf in the coffeemaker for three weeks. Once everyone has withdrawn from caffeine addiction, switch to espresso.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 07:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

I hope this helps.
Mez
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kittenpile.jpg (26.0 KB, 47 views)
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 07:22 PM   #5  
beautiful

awwwww. i'm sorry you're having a rough day. i'm not really good with words either but i hope things start looking up for you.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 07:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey Bev... I'm right there with you! I just posted a big long ole why me kind of post on the maintainers forum looking for advice. I know now that we all have these kinds of days. At least your pad locking the fridge... I on the other hand feel like I have eaten 20lbs of candy corn today!! Ouch! None the less, you've come so far and a blip in the road is just that... a blip. It will pass soon.. I keep telling myself that anyway! You know, I also think that this is the time of the year where our bodies change gears and start the "hibernation" mode. I think its only natural for us to want to store some fat! hee hee.. You bring yourself here ANYTIME you need ANYTHING.. I for one LOVE hearing from you!!!! You are such a huge inspiration to me!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 08:41 PM   #7  
missaprylj

Bev!

I promise you that what you're having is just that: a funk. You're a trooper, and you can do anything you want to do; you've clearly proven that! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Old 09-28-2004, 10:16 PM   #8  
Losin' it forever!

I had a funk day today as well, so maybe it is going around. It poured down rain here all day, probably thanks to hurricane Jeanne and by the time I put my son on his bus, ran in and out of the store and then into work, I was soaked.

They are just days that everyone is bound to have, but if I were you, ya know what would make me smile? You lost 180 pounds!! That is a major accomplishment and you should be darn proud of yourself! Don't let the novelty of that wear off! You must feel completely awesome! You are a huge inspiration!

I'll be sending good thoughts your way that tomorrow is better!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:20 PM   #9  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Aw Beverly -- I'm really sorry I didn't read this until today. I'm sorry you had one of those rough days, and I hope you got through it relatively unscathed.......I would love to hear how it turned out for you. We all have days like that -- every one of us -- and it's just hard sometimes to remember, "Oh yeah, I stopped reacting to *insert stressor here* in that way LONG ago.....I don't eat in response to what I'm feeling right now. Nope that's not me! Must be some other chick!" But at the same time, while you didn't lose 180 freaking pounds through outta control behavior, you are still a human being, with frailties, hormonal reactions and the rest. I just know that within you, you have the tools to withstand just about anything and to remain strong and aligned with your priorities. I'm another one of those for whom the quote in your siggy has been inspirational and impactful. You're ok, girl, I just know it. This too shall pass. I'll bet it already did!

Can't wait to hear an update.....we love you here, Beverly. Thank you for all that you've given us in the way of inspiration and strength. We're all here for you and can empathize with what you're going through.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 03:23 PM   #10  

Thank you everybody, for making me laugh, sympathizing with my funky mood and sharing your own struggles. I usually tend to clam up, especially when I'm in a mood like that, but I knew I needed to get it out, and that you guys would help any way you could. And of course, I was not disappointed. You really are a wonderful group of people! So, thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

Fortunately, my mood has passed, and I'm feeling so much better now! And I didn't even have to padlock the fridge after all! I finally just told myself that my inner fat girl was not going to win this one, and to get up and get moving! I stayed completely OP and even got in a few extra minutes on the Gazelle to boot. It's amazing what exercise will do for the body and mind. My headache and stress melted away, and I was able to get on with my day.

Thanks again for being there for me!
Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 03:32 PM   #11  
Old Cackler

MWA!!! MWA!!!!! MWA!!!! anytime, darlin. you ARE the best!!!!

<and i could really find more jokes for you if you need them - i found some GREAT websites yesterday!!!!>
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 04:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

jiff--you sure brightened my day. I even had to print off the one for coworkers and pass it around.

Bev--I'm so sorry to hear about your crappy day but I'm glad to hear it has passed and you made it through.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 10:52 PM   #13  
Live for the Moment!

Bev - Glad to hear the bad day passed! They always do of course... but we never think that way when we're living through one!

Jiffy - LOL! LOL! The DUCK joke.. That's the "Celina" Famous joke... I used to always tell that one.. Its one the few I remember.
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote