Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-28-2004, 03:49 PM   #1  

Talking newbie

Hello, I am new to 3FC but not to dieting. I tried WW 7 years ago with awesome success! I lost 20 lbs and kept it off until the birth of my son and then I managed to get all but 10 off. Then we decided to try for another and again had to do fertility treatments which made me gain weight even before I got pregnant. I only gained 35 lbs with the 2nd but it stayed with me and I just cannot get it off. I am not able to stick with WW this time and have tried several other diets and have only lost 7 and now I bounce around gaining a few and losing a few. I am a STAM and I also do daycare so I am not really able to get out during the day and by the time my husband gets home I am too pooped to party - so to speak. I joined Curves but it really does not have an impact on my body, it seems there is just not enough resistance in the machines for me.

As my user name implies: I am 40 and I need to lose 40 pounds. I am here looking for motivation and support.

175 I wanna be 135
Graciesmomis40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 10:40 PM   #2  
Tons of fun!!!!

hello and welcome to 3FC!! If you cant tell already this site is awesome!!! the people here are very supportive and they all have lots of great advice..... My own plan of attack is not any special diet, i just cut my calorie intake to between 1200-1400 calories a day, I did that and only that for the first month or month and a half and then i joined the gym, I am now 33 pounds lighter since the last day of april when i started. I generally lose 2lbs a week and I would call my exercise "moderate" i power walk a mile and ride the bike a mile or two, and then i do the weight circuit room. so thats it for me, i just wanted to pop in and say hello and welcome.......
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 09:43 AM   #3  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Hi Graciesmom and welcome to the 3FC forum! There is a lot of different groups here that will offer support ... Actually, I belong to a group called The Thin Group .. we are listed under other clubs/groups. We are very small at this time but are always looking for new members and would love to have you come over and give us a look and I would like to invite you to join our group and post with us. Please come and check us out .. we do a new thread each week so feel free to pop over and say hello. You will definately get lots of support ... hope to see you soon. CJ from The Thin Group
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 08:29 PM   #4  

My number one tip is: replace dieting with sensible eating! Also, focus your mind and make time for exercise - for instance, taking your little ones for a walk around the block, or purchasing a cheap piece of cardio equipment to use at home when you get a spare moment.
goeatanapple is offline   Reply With Quote