Old 09-26-2004, 08:06 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Stay At Home Moms # 257

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 15 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.
Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 08:28 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Michelle,
I LOVE the pics of Teagan walking! TOO CUTE But is that the doggy dishes in her playpen??? You don't give that child a place at the table

JILL,
OMG I LOVE your hair!!! It looks great! We are hip mamma's

Chris,
I am so glad that the baptism's went great! Post a pic of your daughter's hair if you can!

Geri,
That yard sign is too funny! BUT...... I am ticked off for you! In the word's of Stephanie Tanner...... HOW RUDE!!!!!!! I can't believe they forgot! Well WE DIDN"T

Deana,
Hope you have a great time today! You deserve it! Sorry the plumbing is giving you fits! Grrrr.....

Spryng,
Hope you had a great day yesterday We missed you

Ok I gotta get my things ready for church before it starts getting late Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-26-2004, 08:45 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good Morning

good morning everyone. Sorry I didn't get back around here yesterday. I did get about an hour nap in and that was nice. As I was making dinner, dh said he wanted to make a wager, we have a dart board in our livingroom, for now, anyways, I picked the #20 and he said who ever gets 3 20's first wins and if he wins, I had to go to town to buy him a banana split, like that was a loss for me, but I din't tell him, and if I won I chose to go to Fashion Bug and buy a maternity outfit. He got 1 20 and then it was my go and I hit triple 20's, it's the little small red spot under that number. I couldn't believe it, I never play darts. So after dinner me and Ally went to town to Fashion Bug and I got a t-shirt, shorts and lounge pants. But I went to Braum's anyways, and got him a banana split. Nonetheless it was fun.

Michelle, Teagan looks like a pro at walking now.

Penny, have fun at church.

Spryng, sorry the memory isn't improving your computer.

Jill, love the hair. I like your style and the color. I've tried once to color my hair with thick blonde highlights when it was long and everyone loved it but dh so I had it changed back to stupid o' brown. I guess it will always be this way.

Deana, hope you like your new shower.

Okay, well today is my QOTD so here goes...QOTD: what is the first thing you do when you wake up, the very first?

Answer: turn on lamp and tv low to the news, start coffee and sit at the computer.

Today after lunch we'll be going to dh's grandparents to an early dinner and to celebrate two birthdays. I always enjoy doing this, except my poor kids get so bored, there's no kid stuff to do there. We're gonna sit outside, but there's no toys or anything.
I'm calling the bank Monday to tell them we have our closing $, so by Friday hopefully, we'll have a yes or no for sure. I'm dying to just have an answer and a direction.
I forgot to talk about my night, well Andrew woke up twice and I didn't go to bed until 1115, but the times I slept, I slept hard and well. So I'd say it was a good night. Could be better, but could be ALOT worse. How 'bout everyone else's?

Hello to everyone out there.
TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 08:46 AM   #4  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Penny and everyone else.

Hope everyone has a great day today. I'm stalling on baking my cake so I had best get to it.....grrrr.

I PROMISE TO EAT RIGHT AND DRINK MY WATER TODAY!!!!!

Will check back in later after the reunion.
TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 09:01 AM   #5  

Crystal: I guess we posted at the same time.....lol. Hope you have a nice time at dh's grandparents' house today. Maybe you could have each of the kids pick something to take with them...crayon and coloring books, a game or something to keep them entertained. WTG on the darts and new clothes. I would have stopped for the banana split too....lol. Good luck with the bank. Sounds like you slept a little better last night.

QOTD: Directly to the bathroom.....unless I hit snooze a couple times first. Then I get dressed, make coffee and either watch news or get on here, depends on my mood that morning or if I have something to look up.

TTYL
Old 09-26-2004, 10:59 AM   #6  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile Hey girls!

We went to MIL's house in AL yesterday, which may not have been the best plan, because Christian is not feeling as well today as he has been So another week of church missed!!!

I am down a couple of pounds when I sneaked a peak on the scale, which has upped my motivation to continue greatly. I really think that Nuvaring caused my quick weight gain and it's finally starting to get back to normal. I get soo bummed when I think about where I could be if I hadn't gotten so off track these past couple of months...but it's onward from here. I know I can do this, I did it before.

Today I will drink LOTS of water! I am having cereal for breakfast, veggies for lunch and a good homecooked meal for dinner...looking through my cookbook to prepare my menu now!

Jill...your hair is great! Mine is in need of something, but not sure what.

Chris...Hope the meds didn't make you feel too badly.

Spryng...What on earth will you do with DH home all the time...will we ever see you???

Leigh...we miss you!

Deana...you just have a small portion of what you really like, even just a spoonful of something good. Reunions don't come often! Don't forget the water and I think you will do fine. You'll catch back up during the week.

Crystal...congrats on the new outfit...I went looking, but decided it would be a reward for getting these extra few pounds off and will NOT buy anything til I am the next size down. That's motivating!

Penny...sounds like that party was a bigger smash than you anticipated!

I am menu planning and grocery planning right now. So I'll be back when that's all done. We are doing a family cleaning house extravaganza today! It's also our 12th anniversary, so I think the boys should do most of the work here today!

BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 11:08 AM   #7  
I'm a homeschool mama

Deana, hope you have a great day.

Cindi, sorry Christian isn't feeling well. Hope he gets better, fast. WTG on those pounds gone forever.

I'm gonna jump in the shower, TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 11:12 AM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
I tried to post earlier.....typical me, the post got lost. Just thought I would stop in and say hello and see how everyone is doing.
Jill- I love your hair~ wish I had the nerve to do something like that.
Geri!!!!!! Happy birthday girl!!!!!! Hope they do something at TOPS for you tomorrow nite.
Deanna- drink that water! It helps so much. Good luck staying OP today.
Penny- hopefully you were more organised about getting to church than I was today.
Oh, I got there.....just sort of disheveled. (maybe going to the early service did me in!)
Bigtime loser- sorry you have a sick little one. Bummer that you cannot get to church this week. But congtats on the weight loss!

Just more busyness here......Spent most of yesterday either at Ds's baseball game or at a farm tour (open house) with Dd. But it was fun. Today I am off to visit my Dm and see how she is feeling.
Hi to everyone else. Take care!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 11:39 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning gals! Here we go with another day. My kids are all busy. Their cousin spent the night last night. I walked around for 3 hours yesterday with the kids at the PTA thing, then went to my daughter's baptism. After going to church for years, I finally accepted God last night at church. My daughter's baptism was the inspiration I needed. I got to kick my feet up after 9 after looking for a lost library book with no success. I did manage to trick my niece and my girls into cleaning Kayla's bedroom. That bugger is spotless now.
We watched Mystic River. Can't say it will be my favorite movie of all time but it definitely was good. The plan for today is to get some stuff done...lots of stuff. Clean, clean, and clean. Tiana's hair. Maybe actually have dinner going before my husband gets home from work. I am giving up the search for the library book though. Its hopeless. I'll just have to pay for it.
Gotta go. TTFN
~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 12:00 PM   #10  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile Hey!!

CHRIS!!! Congrats on your decision last night! I am so happy for you. How awesome!

Ginny...nice to see you! Sorry you had an unorganized morning, but at least you got to church! Post more often, we miss you!

Got my menu planned! woo hoo! now to go buy it all, fun!!!!

Love to all, be back shortly!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 02:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey Ladies!!!

Ginny Its so great to see you!! I can't believe how busy you are!!

Cindi I hope that Christian is feeling better!! How are you doing through all this craziness in your house? lol

Deana I'm with you on the water challenge!!

Chris I wanna see pics of Tianas hair when its done!!

Penny LOL that isn't Teagans Playpen anymore now it is Yugis so he can be "crate" trained! He's doing great and hardly ever goes potty in the house. Teagan just loves walking, but she tries to run sometimes and its pretty funny to watch!

Ok I need a shower
TTYL
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 03:24 PM   #12  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Afternoon Ladies...

Michelle,
I thought you would get a kick out of that....lol Too funny! What does Taylor think about Teagan walking?

Ginny
It is so nice to see you! I have been wondering about you! Hugs

Spryng,
What do you have planned for today?

Jill,
Where the heck are ya?

Deana,
Hope you are having fun today! I know you are being good!!!!

Cindi,
Poor Baby! Will he ever start feeling any better?

Crystal,
It sounds like you had a good night! Congrats on the new outfit! You deserve it!

Chris,
We must have the same taste in movies... I feel the same way about Mystic River..... Everyone raved on it. but to me.... It was ok..

I did watch Home on the Range (boys birthday present from somebody). I didn't care for it that much either..... LOL I'm so bad.....lol

Well I gotta get some more cleaning done. We are gonna walk back to mama's and eat. Not much planned today....

I think Hubby misses me and wants some time also.... Gotta fit him in somewhere......... LOL LOL
Old 09-26-2004, 05:59 PM   #13  
**Kristin**

Hi Ladies I am still here! DH leaves in the morninga after we have breakfast !! MY baby girl is 3 tomorrow and so is Patrick! to little bugga too! JUst wanted to say hi before I start dinner, I will be back tomorrow, probably not until nap time though, want to do some fun things with sydney since daddy will be gone and her party isn't until next sunday! Mel I hope buggas party is going well!
I can't believe it, dh is letting me get a digital camera and a microphone for the computer! he says that you guys make me too happy and so he wants to ensure i stay up to date with ya'll.....so thanks! anyway, if you would please give me some suggestions of good dig. cams. that would be so cool! I love all the pictures that everyone has posted lately! I couldn't see Liams bedroom ones though, it kept saying server down so I will try again later! Jill.....too funny our hair is the same, mine looks like it might be a little shorter than yours though! well, I hope you all have a fabulous rest of the weekend, I will talk to you tomorrow!
I checked out the moms site, and that is weird abou those people who want to be in our friendship swap that don't even know us! freaky.....oaky I'm off here! TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 06:32 PM   #14  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey ladies,

I only have a minute because dinner just doesn't cook by itself. I'm going to impress my DH by not burning it. Oh yeah baby! I have notoriously bad cooking skills. He says I have two phases to my cooking-raw and burnt. Or his other all time favorite thing to say is "Honey, just put it on, turn the burner to high, and walk away." Maybe I need a cooking class.

I posted Tiana's highlights on the MSN site because my file was too large for here and I have no idea how to make the file smaller. (I'm computer challenged too). My sister had a bit too much fun. She did our niece Savanna, my little Kayla, and her daughter Samantha. I'm laughing because she's worried about what her husband is going to say when he sees Sam's hair. She has the thickest black hair you have ever seen and now it has copper highlights in it. She looks like a little eskimo girl. I'll have to get a pic of her.

Anyhow best go...I feel an urge to play Mario's World coming on. Must cure it while Nicole is taking her nap. Peaceful time to play. TTFN.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 08:19 PM   #15  

Good evening gals!

Th efamily reunion was nice. Too many people I don't know. Some I remembered from 2 years ago but not many. We stayed behind to help clean up because Scott's mom and dad set it all up and almost everyone else left quickly.

I guess I can say I was good today. I ate mostly meat and vegetables, drank my water and stayed away from the dessert table until it was time to leave. Scott's aunt made a Rasberry-Rhubarb pie with Splenda so I brought a piece home. Still haven't eaten it yet, saving it for later or breakfast tomorrow with coffee. I did try a bite to make sure I liked it and it's pretty good. I hadn't had rhubarb since I was a kid and couldn't remember what it tasted like. I still need to drink about 20 oz but I will get it down. I had to rough estimate my calories and then went a little high so I hope I didn't go over today. Cindi, thank you for the words of encouragement. My WI is Tuesday morning so I don't want to screw it up now. I snuck a peak this morning and I was down 3 pounds from last Tues, so hopefully........

Kristin: Sorry dh has to leave.....how long will he be gone this time? Hope Syd has a good birthday. WTG on the camera and microphone. I have a refurbished Kodak Easyshare LS443. I got it on ebay. It came with the camera, docking station, camera case, tv cord (to look at pics and watch videos on the tv) and a tripod for just under $300. Then I bought a 256mb memory card form another place online for about $60. I have had it since Feb and today at teh reunion was the first time I have had any trouble with it. We took some family pictures and they didn't show. Not sure what's wrong with it, hoping it was just the battery low. It's charging now, so I'll check it later.

Penny & Crystal: I was as good as I could be today. I got in almost all my water.

Michelle: How's the water going? Are you working again tonight? We miss you!!!

Ginny: Thank you for the encouragement. I did my best with all that yummy food around me. And I drank my water.

Well, the "friend" showed up yesterday right before we left to go get shower parts. I let her hang out on the puter while we were gone and for about an hour after we got back but we were busy tearing out the wall so I didn't deal with her much. She came to the reunion today with my bil, but we didn't talk much. Everyone was watching the Chiefs game. She is gonna be here tomorrow morning to sit with dd while we run for more parts, then we'll be busy puttin gthings back together before dh has to go to bed because he has to work tomorrow night. She is leaving Wed. so maybe it will be a while before she gets back here. Oh well, enough about that.

Dd is hungry so I better go feed her. I need to check on a few things anyway.

TTYL