Old 09-23-2004, 11:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Angry Did anyone see that Xenadrine commercial?

Oh my goodness~ earlier today I saw this commercial. it was two people really "going at it" in a closet,. I was surprised, and looked around to make sure my little 8 yr old sister wasnt watching. Then it shows the co-workers outside the closet all looking bewildered as all the knocking and other noises are coming out of the closet. Then one lady walks by and casually mentions "a couple of months ago she couldnt even fit in that closet" I just sat there like "did i just see that?" This commercial seemed really crude to me? Is this all in my head, or does anyone agree?

As if Xenadrine would make you a skinny hot blonde in a few months,..grrr
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 04:37 PM   #2  

OMG, I just saw it for the first time....I can't believe how these people market their products...sure, I guess it's supposed to be a little toung in cheek, but the basic messege of the commercial is...

"Hey all you fat *** chicks, you wanna make out with a hot guy?? We all know no man will want you unless you're thin...the only way to do that is get off your fat *** and spend $4385439 on our product that will likely give you a heart attack!!"

Pathetic...
Sick_of_this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 05:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

exactly,.. and im sure that you arent going to lose 100 pounds in just a couple months anyway,..grrrr I hate how these products try to market themselves
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 05:27 PM   #4  

That is just inappropriate. I haven't seen it yet, but that is just wrong. I have heard if you take Xenical and eat too much fat, you run the risk of pooping your pants because the fat will go RIGHT through you! Now is THAT sexy? I don't think so.

ARRRRRRGH! The things these companies do to try to get us to buy their junk!
Mommyofone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 05:35 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Well Xenical is a little different than xenadrine and other pills that are meant to increase your metabolism by filling you full of drugs that supercharge you so to speak which can cause some bad side effects.

Xenical doesn't let you completely absorb all the fat you eat, so it has to leave your body some way. Your colon doesn't know how to handle fat because it isn't supposed to be there, so it doesn't have a good mechanism from having it slip right out. It is basically a behaviour modification drug that teaches you to not eat as much fat as well as cutting your calories by not digesting some of the fat you eat. I've never taken Xenical but in that I am not on a low fat diet, it would be a bad thing for me.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote