Old 09-22-2004, 10:34 PM   #1  

Default Dragin my sorry butt back to you all

Well, the login tells me that I have not been here since March of this year....I may have stopped by in March but didn't stay. After losing a tad over 100 lbs, I had a bit of a slip which turned into a slide. Unfortunately even with 100 lbs gone I still had another chunk to go.

Anyway, have come to a screaching halt after an 40+lb gain and am getting back on track. Figured that it was not good enough just to lurk and read posts but that to really "get to it" I needed to post.

This board and the chat room (which used to be really busy) was one of the key factors to my iniital success.

I briefly looked at the threads (figured I;d better post quickly before I lost my nerve) and I'm glad to see some familiar names.

Need your help again. Thanks

Last edited by nikolas; 09-22-2004 at 10:38 PM.
nikolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 10:42 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Welcome (back)!

You know the saying about failure isn't falling rather it is falling and not getting back up. I am sure I screwed that saying up somehow. You seemed to have slipped and fell but you decided to stand up, brush yourself off and recognize your situation.

I hope coming back helps you along your journey.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 10:42 PM   #3  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Hey there, Nikolas, and welcome back! Congrat's on achieving such great success -- you'll regain that lost ground in no time I'm sure, and then go on further. It's clear that you know how to succeed; maybe you just need a little more active support from us here during this time. I look forward to getting to know you some, and to learning from your experience -- you can definitely count me as one of your supporters.

And for the record.....I don't think your butt is sorry -- I think it's brave and very, very cool for reintroducing itself!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 01:51 AM   #4  
Getting back on track!

Hi,
You lost over 100. WOA huge respect. We need you here! You'll lose what you've gained!!!!
Speak to you soooon!
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 08:13 AM   #5  
Abby's Mommy

Wow, Nikolas, congrats on coming back!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 09:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 218.8/198/135

Height: 5'4

Smile Welcome Back

First off congradulations on your loss of 100 pounds. I don't think i've lost any weight yet. But don't worry about that 40 pounds, it will come off in no time. If you had the drive to do it the first time, you will do it again. You are amongst family and we know what you are going through. So just keep going and when you need a little push in the right direction, i am here.
e.mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 09:59 AM   #7  
Jennifer

Hi, Nikolas. Just wanted to second what everybody else is saying and welcome you back to the forum. I'm so impressed with your weight loss! Sounds like coming back here was a way to get yourself back on track, and I respect that a great deal.

There's also a forum for Maintainers that has some of the most thought-provoking posts that I've seen on 3FC, particularly those about how to keep weight off and really "live it" every day, even after you hit your goal. That might be a help to you as well (I know they have been to me -- I consider anybody who's lost any weight at all to be a "Maintainter," even if it's in the short term!).

Welcome back and thanks for introducing yourself!

Jennifer
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 12:42 PM   #8  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Welcome Back!!!!

I am very proud of you for getting back to business. Yes, you had a slide. You are human. But now you see that you need to get back to business. You have done it before and you'll do it again.

Coming here and getting some support is a great move.

I too am just coming off a huge gain. I started again on Monday and am sticking to it pretty well. It's an every day battle, but together we can make it happen!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 09:49 AM   #9  

Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement. I look forward to posting and getting to know you all
nikolas is offline   Reply With Quote