Old 09-23-2004, 07:23 AM   #1  

Default Sahm Thursday # 254

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:39 AM   #2  

Good morning Ladies!

JILL and Kristin, thanks for flying with me with all that laundry! I got it all done and folded, but I still have to put it all away. YUK! Also, I probably sounded pretty weird on your end with my mic, but I felt like I was talking to myself, since I couldn't here you respond and only could read it. It was hard to talk like that LOL. I think the kids thought I was talking to myself...lol

Deana, Curves is only a 30 minute workout and many people I have met that go, LOVE IT! I can't go there, because they don't have child care. They often will do a free week, so even if you do it for a week, it may get you in the groove to do more home. check it out.

LEigh, I hope your computer is up and running today! It's such a pain when they don't work. I ordered a thomas cake, for patrick, but that's all. THis time, we are just doing pizza, salad, breadsticks and cake this time. Not really our style, but dh and I have been so busy this time. Patrick really doensn't care. I was going to make a train cake, but I was afraid he'd cry when we cut it...lol. This cake is a scene with a real train on the top, that we could take off and give to him.

Crystal, great pictures. So funny, to see everyone sometimes, I start to imagine them as the avatars...lol Hope you are having a good day. BTW that picture of the US was a great one. NO mistaking what's that! some people just can't tell what those US's are, but yours is perfect.

Spryng, did you ever get all those toys bagged up? BTW get a receipt, you can write off the donation on your taxes if you itemize.

Penny, ohhhh, I'm so sorry that Andrew is not feeling well. How is he today. I hate when the little ones are sick. How is the rash? I know you said augmentin always does that to him. I'm glad it's not the kidneys though. How r u doing? Are you still getting in the a.m. exercise, or has it been tough with Andrew being sick?

Michelle, how r u? How was work last night? Is that weird girl, the virgin mother, still working there?

Anyway, ladies, if I missed you I am sooooo sorry. I am still running trying to do everything possible for the party and for myself and anyone else for that matter. Yell at me I know I didn't get to all of you.

QOTD for today, I think it's my day. When you were a kid ...what did you want to be when you grew up? When you were really little!

Answer: I wanted to be a pet doctor..I loved my animals and wanted to take care of them. Course I didn't know what they were called back then.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:54 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good Morning

This week is going so slow to me. Okay how did you all sleep?
I slept pretty much, BAD!!! Nothing new though, huh? Okay I didn't get my big challenge done yesterday, but I think today we will school after lunch and so after I get the kitchen cleaned from breakfast and do my regular duties and get a load of laundry going I'll focus on this computer area and get it cleaned and organized. If I can get that done, then I'll be proud of myself. After we school, I've got a friend coming over to visit and she's going to nursing school and needs one of my kids for something for school so I'll have to get as much done before lunch and school or I just won't get anything done.

Mel, thanks for the compliments. How did you sleep? I've always heard great things about curves and we've got one here too, but with kids and no money going is never an option. My dh wouldn't ever let me join any gym anyways.

Cindi, how is Christian?

Spryng, where are you?

Michelle, since they are firing that girl or already have, are they gonna want you to work more hours? Do you want to?

Penny, how are you doing? What's on your agenda today? Don't you teach that religious class? What days do you do that?

Leigh, glad to see a regular post from you. I like to see all the pictures too, it always helps to put a face with a name.

Hello Jill, Amy, Chris, Deana, Jaymi, Geri, Ricci, and everyone else out there in sahm world. Hope you all had a great night and have a great day.

QOTD: I don't really know the answer to this because I wanted to be something different like every day but I do specifically remember wanting to be a vet. My mom loved animals and her loved rubbed off on me. Of course now, dh hates most animals and his feelings have rubbed off on me.

Okay, gonna enjoy my coffee and wake up dh. I think, AGAIN, we're gonna get the money to close on our house as long as the bank approves us. I'll call the bank Monday and tell them so hopefully by the end of next week we'll know. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 08:05 AM   #4  

Crystal, I'm sorry you didn't sleep well. I hope you get in a nap today. Have a nice time witht your friend.

I have to say, I actually slept through the night! I think the mylanta is working and I think I am going to call the dr and cancel taking bugga to the endo for sugar. Since giving him mylanta, he is drinking less. I bet the reflux was the problem. I don't want to put him though any unneccesary tests is I don't have too.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:37 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies...

Crystal,
Sorry you are still not sleeping well! Hope you get all your cleaning done in time!

Melissa,
I hope Patrick has a wonderful birthday this weekend!!!!!

Leigh,
Hope you can get back on here soon!

Spryng,
What time does dh arrive today???

Michelle,
I am sorry you are working so much but like you said the money is worth it in the holiday season! I am gonna scan that witches hat thingy today. You said you were applying for a loan for school? Have you tried a grant first???

I can't remember anything from the other thread...... And I gotta walk out the door in 30 minutes...... with us all dressed....lol

I have always wanted to be a teacher and still do!

Today is Hunter's birthday so I gotta go pick up his cupcakes, and have a party at his school.
I am trying to organize a Kidney Walk in our area and the CEO of the National Kidney Foundation of Louisiana is contacting me this morning
Oh and I went to a scrapbooking party last time!

So much fun!!!!!! I booked one of my own

Sorry to run but more things than time....lol

OK One more thing! WANNA POST PREGGO PICS?????
Here is when I was 36/6 weeks preggo with Hunter. The day before I delivered!

And here is a wedding pic of me and my dad... I don't have professional pics...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pennydaddy.JPG (45.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg preggopenny.JPG (45.4 KB, 37 views)
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 09:14 AM   #6  
I'm a homeschool mama

All right Penny, you're asking for it with preggo pics. I gained 50 lbs. with Andrew, I don't know if I even let anyone take pictures of me. I'll have to do some digging.

Btw, I've decided to not do my computer area today as my big challenge. It's gonna be closets and dressers. I foudn out that we are gonna be in the high 70's the next few days so I'm gonna start getting ready for fall and winter. That's a job in itself. I'll let you all know how that goes. I've gotta get breakfast done.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUNTER!!! How old are you?
Old 09-23-2004, 09:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

HA!!! Breaking out the pregnant pics not this girl lol I didn't let anyone take a pic of me when I was pregnant well except while in labor with taylor I gained 70 lbs I had gestational diabetes and they didn't find it until my 37th week and they whisked me in right away to deliver, doctor was worried. I also had PIH that pregnancy.

Penny I don't recall you mentioning that it was Hunters Birthday!!! Happy birthday hunter!!! I'm On DH's puter or I would put a little bday graphic here. I'll do it when hubby gets home (when I'm going back to bed) No I haven't tried a grant, there are only a few (supposedly) of financial aid programs that this school works with so I'm applying for the stafford loan. I just got my pin yesterday so I can electronically sign my apps. So I'll probably do that today too.

Mel yes the virgin mother is still there ughhh but she won't be for much longer she is po'd that they give me more hours and I told her well, you've got to make yourself available but she just wants to keep milking the state for money and sit on her butt eating big macs, sometimes I hate what our tax dollars go to, I mean sure shes a single mom but she doesn't hardly ever want to work and said that she thinks that the state should pay her so she can stay home with her child, and while you all know I"m all for the sahm experience you also all know that you can only do it if you can afford to take care of your child without that paycheck coming in......ohhh sorry for venting lol.

Crystal yes they will be asking me to work more hours in fact I have no clue when my next day off will be at the moment I am supposed to have friday off but I'm now working and then sunday I have a 10 hour shift. I don't mind I've always liked to work and as long as it doesnt interfere with my time at home with my girls then its great. My hours are perfect since I will usually work 8pm to 1am while the girls are in bed. I'm sorry you didn't sleep well last night, I hope you get a nap in today.

Ok well its taken me like 45 monutes to write this since kids are all over the place lol I'm gonna go clean, I'll TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:12 AM   #8  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Girls!!! Now you see how big I was preggo with Hunter... ;(

I had hypertension really bad with all three but had the most fluid with Hunter. Massive Woman! LOL

Mel,
You need to change your siggy! Patrick is not 22 months anymore

Michelle,
I say it would not hurt to apply for a grant first then I loan. That is what I am doing... But either way Congrats to you!

Crystal,
Hope you get all your closet organizing done... It is kind of fun b/c we change season and all that good stuff..... And when I unpack my fall/winter clothes it feels like I got new ones....lol Pathetic I KNOW!!!!

Have a good day ladies Andrew is still running fever this morning so Mom is gonna come here and watch him so I can get out and get all of Hunter's stuff for today.

BTW, Crystal, Hunter is 5 today
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Sorry I once again was MIA last night. All those new shows started and then when I got in here I was pages behind, lol... so I decided I'd be able to catch up this morning. I thought LOST was good. Very original... what the heck is on that island!!!?? Something big and mean, lol. I also watched the premiere to CSI NY, I don't think I'll watch it very often. I mean I like Gary Sinese but I really love the original CSI, which premieres tonight.
OK, also I didn't get to post much yesterday afternoon because my SIL came over to play a game (Scene It) and have dinner. I had forgot we had made plans last week, so instead of macaroni casserole I had planned to make, I ended up making Lemon Pepper Pork Loin, devilled eggs, mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans. It was soooo good! And we had sf/ff banana pudding for dessert. But let me tell you something irritating. My in-laws (the women) are all overweight. My MIL and SIL are obese and my SIL is single so she complains about her weight alot. Well last night after dinner she was raving about how good dinner was and when I told her it was all OP and healthy she couldn't believe it. So I explained to her healthy eating and low fat foods does mean flavorless, you know? So she decided she wanted me to help her start Core. So I have you my only list (that I had printed) and tons of recipes. We sat down and made out menus that included some of her favorite meals that we just tweaked a little to make Core. So we spent alot of time on this. Then she calls me last night before I go to bed and tells me that she thinks she'll start some other month. Meaning--- NEVER. I was so mad. She wasted my time. So that is it... this isn't the first time this has happened. I'm not doing it anymore. If they ever get serious about losing weight they can do it on their own, just like I have been doing for years. They need to do it for themselves you know? SO next time they come crying to me about their weight I'll hand them the number to the local weight watchers meeting and tell them to go there. Ugh. I just hate that.
Ok, plans for today. Well dh is still having truck problems, so instead of driving 70 MPH to get here he can only do 45-50 mph so he won't get to olathe until this evening sometime and then I have to go pick him up because on vacations they can't bring their trucks home. So sometime today I'll be making a trip in that direction. Other than that, I plan on cleaning the kids rooms today and just odds and ends around here, starting with my morning routine.
Oh, I forgot to tell you my cousin found out what she is having! A girl!!! They lost a little girl last year (at 20 weeks) so they wanted another one desperately and they found out it's another girl! I'm so happy for them! She's due at the end of january. So now I get to start on another blanket! Yippee!!! I've been waiting for this.

Michelle, I can't believe how much you are working! I hope you don't get run down from it. I worry about you! What does your dh do for work?

Crystal, I think dressers are a great idea. It's not cool enough here yet to start thinking about warmer clothes but I should at least get them all down so that I can just put them in drawers in a few weeks. Can you believe how fast summer went?? Snow will be here before I know it.

Penny, I hope Hunter has a wonderful day! My mom used to do the whole cupcake thing at school too! I loved it. I don't think I can find any preggo pics of me. I have one but it's kinda mostly of my back but you can see my belly protruding, lol... but without a scanner you'll never see how FAT I got! LOL! But like most women, I hid from cameras when I was pregnant if it was possible. lol.

Mel, no I still haven't got those toys bagged up. But I plan to today. After seeing that dr. phil special last night with the spoiled little girl that has everything and still wants more and he told the mom to bag 99% of it up so she'll value what she does have... got me thinking more about it. I mean I dont overload my kids with stuff, and goodness knows they don't get something everytime we go shopping, but they have alot of things they've accumulated over the years that are just in the way and they don't play with anymore. So I thought I'd bag up alot of their stuff and when I do buy them something new they have to get rid of something, you know what I mean? So it evens out.

Oh QOTD- I wanted to be a Marine Biologist. I dreamed about being one since I was very very young up until high school.

Ok, gotta get a move on it around here. Dishes won't do themselve! LOL! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:42 AM   #10  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good morning ladies!!!

Penny: We're not even going there with preggo pics. I gained 70 punds with Erik, the first. Went from the 135 wedding pic to 205...and I got preggo the weekend we got married so I didn't stay small for long. I do have a side shot of me then in maternity shorts but darned if I'll put it on here..... .
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUNTER!!!!! Wow big 5, next thing you know he'll be graduating.....lol.

Mel: So glad Bugga seems to be doing better with the Mylanta. I understand about not putting him through more tests but it may not be a bad idea to go ahead with them, for peace of mind if nothing else. And be sure to explain to the ones doing them what has happened with the other things lately and make sure they do them with extra special care. Sometimes you have to tell them ahead of time what you expect or they just do what they know. If you are more forceful about how he is cared for with them, they will most likely watch their step a little better. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Crystal: Sorry you didn't sleep well. Hope you get all your organizing done today. Me? I'm still working on that heap in the laundry room.

Michelle: You workaholic!!!!! We miss you. Did you tell the boss you have a second family you have to take care of too???

QOTD: I always wanted to be a lawyer until my dad was killed in an accident when I was 16, and I saw how bad the lawyers reamed my mom in the wrongful death suit. She ended up settling out of court with them even after I told her she should have gone to trial. She got screwed BIG time. Then I decided I didn't want to be crooked and started thinking about other avenues. Now I'm the other thing I always wanted to be.....Wife and Mother

WATER CHALLENGE - 100 oz. Let's do it girlies.

Ok so I cheated again this morning and jumped on the scales. Tom is leaving and all the water I've been drinking, I couldn't help myself......another 2.5 gone since Tuesday. But I'm not going to post anything til official weigh in day. And this next Tues will also be measurement day. I can't wait now.....

Check in later. Have a great day.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:58 AM   #11  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Spryng: You snuck in on me.....Hope dh gets home okay. Truck problems stink. I can't believe some people. Of course I should be used to it, because everyone I know around here that asks me for advice NEVER ever takes it. It's so irritating and it makes you apprehensive to help anyone again, even those that will heed your advice. And the worst part is that they don't even realize they do that to us. They only think of themselves and if it doesn't fit their life then forget it. So cool about your cousin. Hope this pregnancy turns out perfect for her. You'll have to post a pic of the blanket when you get done.
TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 11:03 AM   #12  

Deana, I know what you mean about the tests. Peace of mind and all. I may just have them do fasting glucose rather than a full day's worth of poking and all. I will keep a log of how's he's doing with fluids and see what the doctors think. I;'m with ya on the water challange today! intake thus far is ...36oz and heading for some more

Spryng, how frustrating about your sil and the diet thing. I hate when people ask for you help and sounds so siked about doing what they asked you to help with and then they cop out. It stinks and is a big waist of valuable time and energy. Ughh.

Penny, Poor Andrew! I can't believe he is still running a fever today. Prayers and hugs to you all.!
Old 09-23-2004, 11:05 AM   #13  

Deana, you snuck in on me. HI!!!! Again.....

BTW I went to the gym and my friend who was supposed to meet me their didn't show! So, SPryng, I know what you mean. I did my exercise though and Patrick loves the nursery there. IT's HUGE and lots of kids were there. He really had a good time. It makes my exercise all that much easier. I just hope it continues.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:18 AM   #14  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Well...

Christian must be feeling much better, he just painted himself with a tube of lipstick!!! He actually slept all night long too!

Deana...WTG on the weight loss! I am in on the water challenge.

Mel...Glad your Bugga is doing better!

Crystal...Sorry you didn't sleep!

Michelle...I wish I could find a job like that! But don't work too hard. You should have a nice Christmas.

Spryng...HOw annoying that you'd help someone like that only to have it turn out that way. You are great to try, though.

I am going to do some housework for a bit and try to get this place organized some. I am reading Dr Phil's new book, I'll let you know how it works for me, but the show was pretty impressive. I am a Phil Fan anyway.

See you gals in a bit...

100 oz water

Breakfast...Nutrigrain muffin bar

snack...Apple

Lunch...something with cabbage, lololol!

snack...pretzels w/pb

Dinner...going to store to figure that out!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 11:30 AM   #15  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi girls. lots of posts already.

Spryng, so sorry about what you went through yesterday with sil. I don't blame you for not helping them anymore. Hope you get dh okay today. And the snow, only if we're lucky. We did get some great snow last year but not until like February. Which is usually around the time it ices over and the hospital I'm delivering at is like 45 minutes away with no traffic problems. Oh well, we'll worry about that when the time comes.

I've already cleaned out dressers and closets for kids. Now I've got to go out to storage to see if there are any bags of clothes to go through. I hope so, my poor kids just aren't going to have much.

Penny, so sorry about Andrew especially on Hunter's birthday.

I only have one load of laundry to do today. I have two loads of white and light colors but I can only wash them at mom's tomorrow. Gonna go out to storage, ttyl.