Old 09-20-2004, 07:31 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #84

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

THIRD QUARTER CHALLENGE SEPT 1-JAN 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 07:36 AM   #2  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week is attitude. Think about it, why all the other times did you quit your weight loss program? Attitude! When you see weight gain or no loss you automatically want to give up, you get frustrated, whatever. If you look at it more as just part of the road you are traveling like a big rock or branch in the road that you can walk around, you will continue on down that road. So, this week girls, when you haven't done something with your program correctly or the scale isn't what you think it should be, don't get discouraged, just walk around it and continue down the path with a smile on your face!

I had 4 pts yesterday!

Later girls

Faye
Old 09-20-2004, 08:33 AM   #3  

Morning Ladies!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I was busy busy busy....a wedding and a birthday party on Saturday and 2 football games on Sunday. Both my daughters cheer, but for *different* teams. So, I guess my life revolves around football for the next few months. The little kids are so cute in this game. One team is 3&4th graders and the other is 5th & 6th graders. The younger ones really don't have a clue what they are supposed to do! The coaches are right there ON the field with them. One little boy accidently caught the ball and he just looked at his coach like "now what?" It was hilarious! The coach, his teammates, and everyone on the sidelines were screaming "RUN!!!!!" Kinda like forest gump

The days are FINALLY starting to get fall like around here. We had our first 2 fires of the season this weekend. The evening temps got down to around 40! I LOVE FALL!! The trees are starting to turn, everything is crisp. It's awesome.

I lost track of points over the weekend... I ate well, didn't exercise that much, didn't drink enough water. BUT I did have some kind of major "breakthrough" with myself about this what, 6 month plateau--feels like a year since I really lost any weight. I finally admitted some pretty serious stuff to myself about my past, my goals, my future dreams. Stuff I had been cramming down inside me for YEARS with food. It has been bubbling for a long time, trying to get out....My theory is that the first 50 pounds I lost got me closer to those "things" down inside me than I felt comfortable with. So, subconsciously I didn't want to lose any more weight because then those things might escape. The weight was keeping things inside me under control. I don't know, maybe it's all just psycho-babble. But the more I thought about it this weekend, something inside me just kept saying "yes. Yes!"

So, what do I do now? I guess I just have to keep dealing with things as they bubble up and then let them go. I let a cubic butt-load of things go this weekend! I'm hoping that now that I've dealt with the stuff, I can get on with losing the weight. Because now I know that I don't need the "protective covering" of that last 40 pounds. I can just be myself now. I really really hope this will make things easier now....we'll see, won't we?

Hope I didn't bore you with all that. I needed to write it out, and maybe one of you is having a similar problem and it will help you, too.

Faye, your "date" sounded really fun! I need to get out alone with my hubby more. Actually, we're going to the Common Ground Fair this weekend alone! It's a fair run by the Maine Organic Farmers and Growers Association and it draws tens of thousands of people from all over the country. It's an 1800's style fair, with no electricity, no rides, no caffeine (though you can get coffee from vendors in the parking lot). It's basically a crunchy-granola, dirt lovin', tree-huggin' kinda fair.....not that those are bad things There's lots of organic produce, music, dance, arts/crafts...all the kinds of things we love and our kids hate! I can't wait!

Sandy--Hope your blues are gone by now. Don't worry about your surgery, I'm sure you'll be fine! And the move is gonna happen whether you stress about it or not, so try not to.

Can't remember the what the rest of you are up to.....so everyone have a day!

TTFN,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 09:20 AM   #4  
It is what it is...

Morning Everyone...had a great weekend this weekend, 3 point day on Saturday and a 1 point day yesterday, did eat OP yesterday...had a good weekend, the house officially went on the market on Friday, Sept 17th so now we wait for showings I guess... Now the hard part of keeping it clean all the time...

I missed way too much over the weekend to do personal replies to all but I do remember some that stuck out...

Oh movies that make me cry...Wuthering Heights, not the first one - the second one made in the 70's, I get so emotional when Cathy is giving birth and then dies...oh it is horrible...cannot really think of another specific one, when I am on my TOM it could be anything !!

Faye - Sounds like you and dh had a great day, I love those kinds of days, when my dh and I spend the whole day together AND spend money, ha...
32 year?!?!?!? WOW...my dh and I will have 11 years Nov 6th...and believe me that is a feat

Julie - I got the gift card on Saturday right when I was leaving to go shopping with my Mom, worked out great, thanks!!

Congrats to all who lost weight last week, looking forward to us all doing it this week...it is getting more like Fall weather down here too and it makes me want to get out and walk on the trail, thinking of doing it tonight...talk to you all later!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 10:47 AM   #5  

Boy, I don't know what got into me this morning, but wish it would everyday. Got up and did daily chores at 5 am with dh, went for my walk with the dog today (try and take him with about 3 times a week as he sits by the door when he sees me putting my New Balance on in the mornings), came back and had water, finished a Nicholas Sparks boohoo book (but then all of his are that way), got up and did my weights and toning, two loads of laundry, one clothes, one the bed sheets, ate a light breakfast, came upstairs and cleaned the whole upstairs, then remade the bed. Whoooo! I feel really great today! Man, I can see into the hall bath from here and I have a smudge on my mirror so hang on a minute........ Ok, I'm back!!!!! Maybe I am upbeat because I know depression soon to follow. My bd is a week from tomorrow and I turn 51! BUT....I can't complain, Jack bought me a really nice Sony digital camera for my bd.

Well, I need to shower and dress and get downstairs and find something to do I guess!

Faye
Old 09-20-2004, 10:55 AM   #6  
I Can and I Will

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS....! Had a long and tiring day yesterday... but nice just the same... no exercise yesterday tho... but already took care of that for today... did my yoga nad will do my other life cycle later. My foot is finally alright to do stuff... altho the cuts are starting to heal now and itch like crazy...lol Yes i have to agree with you Julie... I love the fall... always have... its myfavorite season... the crispness in the air... the smells and sounds... and the colors. All of it! I am doing laundry today... its just neverending isnt it...lol then again when my son had to cahnge outfits 3 or 4 times a day... its no wonder... i think i have a fashion plate on my hands...lol
I hope you all have a grantastic day today... rmrmber to take care of u... my love to u all...
Sandy
Sandybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 06:32 PM   #7  

POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Carri
SandyB
Faye

Everybody have a good evening, dh is waiting for me to get off so he can listen to the Cubs BB game on radio online.

Faye
Old 09-21-2004, 07:50 AM   #8  

TUESDAY: Today is target Tuesday and our target this week is FAT! Remember that fat is not the enemy, too much fat is. We need fat as part of our diet, but have to control it's intake and the type of fat we take in. Don't skim your program down so closely that you don't include enough fat in your diet!

Check in later ladies, I am off to do chores and get out for my walk.

Faye
Old 09-21-2004, 09:28 AM   #9  
It is what it is...

Good Morning All ... had a three pointer yesterday...we went to look at this existing home with our realtor and it was really bad...we are thinking that the only way we are going to get what we want is to build a new one...we built our last one new and I think that kind of spoiled us for an older home...got home late and didn't have my usual evening snack so I am hungry this morning, and of course I do not get my break until 9:45!! Now that I know I have got the other job it is soooooooo hard to sit at this one, I so hate it!!!
I am ready to throw my computer this morning...Lord give me strength!!

Boy not much went on yesterday, huh??

Faye - I try to have some real fat in my diet quite a bit, like I will have a little bit of mayo, some peanuts or nuts, peanut butter, etc...it has never hurt me and it keeps me OP!!

Everyone have a great day!!! Fall is coming !!!!
Old 09-21-2004, 10:51 AM   #10  

One point for me Sunday and 2 for yesterday. I am back on track today...no distractions will keep me from it! I am typically the one who gives up after one bad trip to the scale...which I used to take EVERY morning. Now I am only wieghing on on Friday morning. Its hard to keep from taking a peek at my weight everyday but I know that it can vary a lot for me and I dont want to get discouraged and give up this time. Today I am looking for a part time low stress job thats not too boring...well wish me luck on that
Cheryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:21 AM   #11  
I Can and I Will

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS.... 4 points for yesterday.... i will do my yoga this am after i finish posting here. My youngerst is having a hard time with school... doesnt want to get up... then doestn want to get dressed... then doesnt feel good... or something hurts... I am at a loss as to what to do. He wants me to pick him up from school. So that i will do for now.... i am just confused. Any suggestions would be very helpful... dh and i are trying to NOT make it a big deal but i am frustrated. DH took him to school this morning... because he wouldnt get up and i was too tired to fight with him. And i wanted dh to see what he does every morning.
OK enuf about that... its a beautiful sunny day here today... i wil have to get out and take advantage of it. I hhope everyone is doing well... and that you all have some sunshine today. i will check back later... love to all... remember to take care of u...
Sandy
Sandybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:55 AM   #12  

Morning Lovelies,
Still morning isn't it? Just a quick pop-in....lots to do today.

I got 4 points yesterday. Gotta find some exercise to fit in today. Will probably go for a walk, it's a beautiful day out.

Sandy, I feel for you about your son and school. I'm lucky my kids like to go to school...though it's always a struggle getting the oldest out of bed. SHe is just a born night owl. Always has been. No matter what time I send her upstairs, she can't get to sleep before 10 or 11! I can remember a period when I was in 5th grade or so where I was the "unpopular" kid and I called my mom to come pick me up almost EVERY day for months. She never complained about it, always came and got me...over time I just got over it. I hope your son will find his way out of whatever is bothering him, too. Hang in there!

Everyone else have a great day!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 12:56 PM   #13  

POINTS POINTS:

Julie
SandyB
Faye
Carri
Cheryn

Sandyb: WARNING! Unless he has done this all the time he has been in school from 1st grade on, there is something BIG time going on in his life that is making him not want to go to school. You need to find out right away and get it fixed. Could be bullying, trouble with his teacher, someone making fun of him all the time, etc. I know from dead on experience about this one. When I was in 5th grade I was out of school more than in because I didn't want to deal with the school nurse. She harrassed me constantly about being fat though my doctor said that was nonsense (she went by one of those stupid lump all kids together charts) I hated going to school so much I was literally vomiting sick every morning. I had to have pshychological tests etc until someone finally got me to admit the truth. Your little boy is hurting about something and not sharing it so you HAVE to find out what it is and make it right and it is at that school or on the way to school if he walks or rides his bike. This will only get worse. This is not a lazy kid but a scared one.

Carri: House hunting is the pits. You would think it would be fun, but it isn't and it is amazing how many people let their homes stay pig stys even knowing someone is looking at it. Years ago we looked at a house that was beautiful outside and would have been nice inside but they had let their children rip out sockets and tear up walls and color on them etc. Rugs had huge stain it was awful. I told the realtor, she took us to another house like that and she was FIRED! Hope you can find what you want and exactly like you want.

Cheryn: Just pick yourself up and go one. Remember what I said about attitude.

Julie: Your festival sounds sort of like a hippy convention! Bet there are lots of Vegans at it!

I need to get me some lunch so I will talk later

Faye
Old 09-21-2004, 03:37 PM   #14  
It is what it is...

Afternoon Girls - Just checking in after lunch...went to lunch with dh and db
and they wanted chinese, so I tried to be good and I just had the hot and sour soup and a couple of eggrolls..however I did really rack up the points with my WW so I will be having a very light dinner

Faye - Yes, I cannot believe how people leave things lying around and dirty when they are showing their house, believe me it made me less anal about mine...although mine is usually pretty clean anyhow...I think we are going to build but the place we looked at was 6 months out, so it may be a while.

Sandy - I agree with Faye, you need to check into it further...

Cheryn, Julie, Susan, Amanda, Gigglez, etc, etc, have a great day!!
Old 09-21-2004, 04:45 PM   #15  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Guys,

Things are a bit rubbish for me at the moment - I'm a bit depressed, I'm monged out from increasing my meds and now I've caught some sort of bug!

I was unable to go swimming today as I felt so ill - so I'm feeling really fat and sluggish. I've also been comfort eating, so that coupled with the lack of exercise is making me feel crappy. I know I'll be able to get back on track soon - I'm just feeling sorry for myself!

On a more positive note, Nigel and I went to see a debt counsellor and he is going to sort out all our debtors on our behalf and arrange a manageable repayment rate for us. He was really positive and has alot of experience of dealing with these bully banks etc - he also thinks that we may be entitled to additional benefits aswell, so things are looking up! I will be so glad to sort out our debts - we have been oppressed by them for so long - I nearly cried with relief when he said it would be easy to sort them all out!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote