Old 09-18-2004, 08:33 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post SAHM's #250 Saturday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 08:42 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Saturday Morning

Good morning ladies. Didn't get to go to bed until about 945 and then Andrew woke up pretty quick as I had just dozed off so I put him in the bed with me. We both fell asleep and around 1230 I put him in his bed. He woke up like 2 more times after that. All in all, not bad. Ally woke me up at 705 this morning, so not too shabby. Today is going to be a lazy day anyways, I think. I'm clipping coupons for my grocery shopping adventure hopefully tomorrow.

Michelle, glad to hear from you. Beginnig to wonder where you were.

Chrily, are you a morning person? Do you get up BEFORE your kids? My mother was a BIG morning person and as much as I hated it then, it wore off on me. I always get up about an hour before the other kids and before the morning has to really start. First of all, I tend to handle morning issues better and can handle a lazy kid better too. All I know is that my dh's brother HATES mornings and always has. My mil has ALWAYS a TERRIBLE time getting him up in the mornings becuase she never MADE him. She just let him be lazy. Your 5 yo should still be where you can train them to be better in the mornings, you'll have a harder time with the 11 yo. But you may already know all of this and do all of this, but that's my thoughts.

Ricci, I HATE sports and so does dh but I live in DFW area and know better that the Cowboys are not all that. Glad you support them, but WHY? They were good once upon a time. LOL!!!

Deana, glad to hear dh's job is safe for a while. That's a relief. My dh's family just told him to be there for a meeting Sunday and they have to go get a job like NOW. Dh has never had to do this and I think he's gonna sit on it just because he doesn't know how to go about it and if I interfere too much it'll make him mad. Anyways.

Okay, gotta go refill my coffee and clip more coupons, kids want cereal for breakfast this morning, won't complain about that one, lol.

Hope everyone had a good night and has a great Saturday. TTyL
Old 09-18-2004, 09:11 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies....

I am sooo scare to go get the SIMS but I really really want it ...... I get soooo addicted.... I wanna go buy Harvest Moon b/c my cow is about to give birth LOL

Crystal,
Sorry you didn't have a good night..... After the baby comes you might as well just forget sleep all together and stay up Are you gonna be nursing? Can't wait for your appt.!!!

Sorry girls not too much into sports myself .... so I am no rival....lol

Michelle,
I really miss you Tell them you can't work ANYMORE!!!

Jill,
Hope Bayley has a wonderful birthday!!!

Geri,
I need some of those Margarita's!!!! Don't tempt me

Emily,
Hope you have a wonderful day

Amy,
Are you back on track today? You can do this! We are here for you!

Spryng,
Let me know if that game is worth getting! LMK! Are the kids fighting you for there gamecube???
The kids will be getting their gameboy sp's next weekend so they will be into to that and I might get to use the gamecube

Leigh,
What do you have planned for today? Is dh coming in today???

I am braindead and can't remember anything from yesterday!

OH WHERE ARE YOU MELISSA????? I am worried about yoU!!!!! Don't make me come over there and hunt you down

Hope you ALL have a wonderful day!

My mom's bday is Monday but the bakery isn't open then so I got her cake yesterday and we are gonna throw her a little party (The kids idea....lol)
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!!
Ahh! I can't believe the last thread got to 5 pages!!! I'm so behind, lol.
Jill and Penny, yes that game is worth buying! It's too cool. Your sim can get pregnant, morning sickness and all! And she's so cute in her last month too! Big belly and all wobbly when she walks. I was so suprised when mine had twins!! What a handful! But they start out as infants, grow into toddlers, you have to help them learn to talk, walk, potty train, it's so cute. Then they turn into kids (which mine are now) then teenagers and then adults. My male sim got fired yesterday, lol... he was so upset about it. But thankfully I found the cheats for money and such and now they have moved into a much larger house and he got a better job. Oh and there is a nanny!! So if you can't handle the kids on your own she is there to help out. which with twins I NEEDED her, lol. My game is running a little slow, dh says if we buy some more memory it should run normally. Michelle you experiance this? But anyway, I think it's a great game!

Nothing really planned for today. Just some housecleaning (yes I will clean, lol) and dinner will be rotisserie chicken in the crockpot. I was suppose to go see my bf today but she called and they all have colds right now, so I guess I'll wait until dh is home this week and go with him. He hasn't seen her baby yet.

Penny, the kids are not having to fight me for the game cube, lol.. sims is on my computer so they have the gamecube all to themselves right now. They love that. Bubba has been conquering Luigi's Mansion. I can't believe how well he does!

Crystal, where do you clip coupons from? We have no papers here that have coupons in them... I guess I could always get some off the net. I just never think about it. Hope today is great for you! Oh and do you feel the baby move all the time now?

Well, I guess I'll get off here. I'll be on and off here all day... TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:54 AM   #5  
SAHM of 3

Spryng, I still the coupons from my parents paper. I don't get the dallas paper but dad buys it every week and doesn't use coupons so I'm taking them. I've never tried the net, but guess I could.
I am feeling the baby move alot now, especially when I lay on my belly, it's like the baby saying, "TURN OVER", lol. It was moving the other night to where dh felt it kick on my tummy, that's always so neat until you get like 8 and 9 months and they won't STOP!!! lol.
Penny, I will nurse, I've always nursed somewhat and intend to do the same. And don't say that about not sleeping, lol, I'm hoping this one will be the best sleeper I've ever had.
TTYL
Old 09-18-2004, 10:18 AM   #6  

OK OK OK, so PEnny doesn't have to worry. I've been lurking but haven't had time to post . This week has been NUTS! Abigail is in full swing at school and DH had some emergencies at work this week. BUgga, has been on my mind. Lab results showed a slightly elevated glucose, so now we have to see an endocrinologist and I have been working on trying to get an appointment with someone. Do you know that most are a 3 month wait!!! CRAZINESS! I'm not too worried, but am concerned and just want to get the rest of the testing over with.

Don't have time to post much. WElcome all you newbies...I think your names were Amy, cherli...auntiM.

Cindi, Glad all went well, I hope you feel better soon. So glad that christian is feeling better and eating some.

Penny, I'm alive,....thanks for asking. How's the dieting going? I feel overwhelmed with everything this week. With the start of school, dance and going back to help my grandmother once a week, is tough. I just have to get back in the groove. Thanks again for the kids bags. Bugga keeps saying...Tommy, Tomby...for toby. He LOVES IT> Abigail loves hers too. She wanted to lend it to me for my crochet class. It was cute of her.

Hey everyone else.

Crystal. I hope you get some sleep soon. Last night was a good one for me. But they are few and far between. You and I need to sleep at a hotel overnight to get some good sleep in...lol
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 10:26 AM   #7  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Alright, whoever sent me this rain, TAKE IT BACK, PLEASE. It's not funny. I have a house full of kids that want to go play games at the fair and we can't.. . It doesn't look like it's going to let up very soon and the parade is at 2 today. My oldest is acting as Color Guard and the rest of the kids and I are just going to find a good spot to sit and gather candy that the floats throw. They each take their own little lunch sack with their name on it and whatever they get is theirs. If anyone gets cheated then each of the others contributes until it's more even. Works out great, everyone is happy which means mom is happy . I won't miss the parade because of rain. I may have to go buy some umbrellas, but won't miss it. There are going to be lots of Shriners with mini bikes, little cars, and the animal bus. The kids just love them. There are usually about a hundred of them in the parade and it usually lasts about an hour.

So if I'm not going anywhere for a while.....anyone up to water challenge today? I got in 120 ounces yesterday. I'm ready to do it again. I want a good WI on Tuesday morning.

Well, going to check the weather and then surf for a while and check emails. TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 10:28 AM   #8  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Mel: Are they thinking he may be diabetic, with the elevated glucose? I thought of that with him being thirty at night so much. LMK.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 10:33 AM   #9  

Good Morning Ladies! Hope everyone is doing well. My son woke up this morning in a terrible mood! He's finally calmed down and is playing contently. I have to go to my mom's today and we've already planned some healthy meals to eat over there. My mom is so lucky!!!!! She's never had to worry about a weight problem. She just turned 48 and is still hovering around 115! Too bad I took after my dad's side! LOL. Well, after my horrible day yesterday I am back on track. I ate a healthy breakfast and have already gotten in some of my water. My mom has the 3 mile WATP tape at her house so that's probably going to be my exercise for the day. After last night's chocolate binge I don't even want to look at another piece... atleast for another month! Well, I'm off here! HOpe everyone has a wonderful Saturday!

Amy

180/173/140... STG to be reached by Sept. 30th... 169
Alora1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 10:41 AM   #10  
SAHM of 3

Mel, glad to see you around and glad you got a good nights sleep. So what might be the problem?
Deana, sorry about the rain. I wish we could have it, we're staying in all day and it would be nice to nap to later. Maybe it will go away from you soon.

Okay, dh is starting his job hunt this week. He's never met my new doc so I'm trying to talk him into going with me for the sono and to meet the doc. We'll see.
Hope everyone is well.
TTYL
Old 09-18-2004, 10:51 AM   #11  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I just have to say that I am the worst morning person so maybe my kids get it from me. I used to be able to handle 3 and 4 a.m. mornings then get up at 7 for work. Not anymore. I've been thinking if I do pull myself out of bed earlier, I could actually get some exercise in without taking up everyone's time.

For the question on football...I'm not a sports fanatic. The only thing I know a little something about is NASCAR. Let me tell ya, that is very limited too.

What's with the water challenge? I'm kind of interested in that. Out of everything to drink, that is probably my fav.
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 11:20 AM   #12  

Oops.. forgot to answer the question on football. I know I'm probably gonna get some sneers and snickers, but considering I live in NC... and we did make it to the Super Bowl last year, who else would I pull for except the PANTHERS!!!!!! LOL Talk to you all later!

Amy
Alora1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 11:30 AM   #13  

Hey all again, Just a quick post!

Deanna, sorry for so much rain, I hope it lets up for you. The dr said he doesn't have diabetes now, but could be heading in that direction. That's why she is sending me. thanks for asking. That was my concern to with so much drinking. He gets about 72-80 oz of fluid a day.

Crystal...hello again. I hope dh finds a job quick and I hope he agrees to go to the doctor with you. It's nice to have them experience some of the pregnancy with you.

Chirly, I am Melissa. SAHM of 2. 2 and 4. I am more a morning person then night, but I can fluctuate as needed lol. Welcome.

Amy, My mother is is 52 and looks terrific. She works very hard at it though. Interestingly, I used to work hard at it too. I don't know what happened. I used to eat so healthy and exercise 3-6 days a week. I kind of got bored with it or something and now it's so hard trying to catch up again. Good luck to you and Welcome.

Hey Spryng. Good luck with the cleaning today. Dh and I are going to try to hit the basement for a big clean out. We'll see how much time we have. Rotisserie Chicken in the crockpot sounds so good. What do you put on it. how long do you cook it. YUMMY sounding. I love when chicken just falls off the bone and the flavor is all the way through. Have a nice day.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 11:57 AM   #14  
Seen any cute shoes???

Default Saturday...

Hey ladies...

Busy busy this morning. Penny, the boys didn't do ''real'' quilt squares, we just used felt. But it was so much fun to see them design their own, esp after reading a couple of books written for kids about quilting and the different designs. Anyway I'm attaching a picture of the spiderwebs and the quilt squares. =)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boysquiltsquares.JPG (19.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg boysspiderwebs.JPG (26.3 KB, 25 views)
CheriBrorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 01:49 PM   #15  
SAHM of 3

Hi all, took an hour and a half nap already and feel great.
Chrily, it really would make a difference if you were a morning person. Even being pregnant and not sleeping well, I'm usually up by 600 on weekdays, I sleep in on weekends. Kids don't get up til betwen 700 and 800 and Alisa, the oldest will sleep after that sometimes. I LOVE the mornings, it's MY time, I enjoy my coffee and get caught up on posts and prepare school and so on.
TTYL