Old 09-14-2004, 11:22 AM   #1  
Cdn Lifetime WW Member

Default Crazy Canucks - 09/14 - 09/19

Let me get the ball rolling.

Maura
BabyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 01:19 PM   #2  
Vermin's Mum

Location: Nova Scotia (in my heart of hearts--headed there in a bit under 2 years)

OK...Smarties all around then, and since they are virtual Smarties we can eat all we like. *grin*
Willendorf_Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 01:57 PM   #3  

I found it!!!! our new home and it looks wonderful. I don't know about anyone else but everytime I hear the word Canuck I think of only Calgary (I don't know why) and I don't associate it with all of Canada (me weird)

I just had a nasty lunch that was gross and I was starving too. Good thing it was bad because the sauce on it I am sure was all carbs so throwing it away was probably a good thing, the bad part was it cost 10 bucks! I forgot my lunch at home cause I was in a hurry this morning. Back to work for me. more tonight!

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 02:48 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hold onto your seats, Chickies. I'm moving this thread and leaving a redirect for a while. The Canadian Newbie thread will be closed unless you'd like it moved too? Can do if you like. I'll close it anyhow.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:10 PM   #5  

I had a huge headache all day and now it's finally easing off due to the power of Advil. Feeling good now and even as we speak my beautiful daughter is practising on the recorder and I gotta say "man's she'e adorable but really, the recorder? Help!) I got home and cooked her dinner had a shower and now I am ready to relax and its only 9 pm, that's early for me, usually I only have about ten minutes to read before bedtime.

Hope you all find me here it's getting lonely......Canada's not feeling so large at the moment.

Have a wonderful evening everyone and I am thinking of you all

Dale
Old 09-14-2004, 09:29 PM   #6  
Vermin's Mum

Location: Nova Scotia (in my heart of hearts--headed there in a bit under 2 years)

I'm glad the headache is better. I had a headache of my own tonight, but its of the almost six foot tall 15 year old and full of testosterone variety. He had a hissy fit because the dryer is in his room and he didn't want it there--he started to dissassemble it and move it out of his room. The problem is that that is the only place it can go and we need the dryer as it is currently our only source of heat and it is getting nippy at night. He finally calmed down and hooked it back up again with the stipulation that it ONLY be used before 2pm while he is at school. Thats what I've primarily been doing anyhow as it makes his room too hot otherwise. There are days (like today) when I can't wait for him to turn 18 so he can go live on his own and be crabby all the time somewhere else than in my face.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:10 AM   #7  
CuteChubbyCanadianChick!!

Default To my guardian angels

CONGRADULATIONS TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!
Well I don't know if any of you follow Hockey, but I thought it only fair to warn you now that I'm a big hockey buff And now with the lockout, I don't know what I'm going to do!
ANYWAYS.......moving right along..... I've decided that my first step in dropping my weight has been to start walking more. Instead of catching the bus to work at the end on my street, I'm going to walk to the next major intersection (about another 3 blocks) and I'm going to get off a couple stops before I usually would. It's not a lot, but its a start. Also, I've decided to try and ween myself off those nasty carbs! For the next few weeks I'm going to cut myself down to 1 serving of either bread, rice or pasta a day instead of 2 or 3. And lastly I've decided to give up junk food completely! No more late night stops at the store to grab a bag of chips when I'm feeling snacky. Instead I'll grab a peice of fruit or a handful of veggies! I'm hoping with my new found support (from everyone here!) and a little determination, that little by little, I can get this thing under control! I don't have a scale so I honestly don't know how much I weigh, but I'm going to buy one outta my next paycheck so I can keep track of my progress.
Last night, once the hockey game was over, I grabbed my note book and started jotting down my goals. I'm going to carry this list with me everywhere and everytime I feel myself slipping, I'm going to take a look and remember why I'm doing this in the first place ... ME!@!@! I want to look better, I want to feel better, and I want to be happy in MY body!! If anybody has any words or quotes that I can write down for encourgament while I'm on the road, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you all for being so helpful with everything and for being there to listen to my rambling, you are like guardian angels to me!!
wildlilfirebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 09:44 AM   #8  
CuteChubbyCanadianChick!!

WELL!!!!! My last post sounded all good to me, until I went and looked in the pantry for something to eat!! EVERYTHING in this house is full of carbs!!! EVERYTHING!!!! Now what am I going to do??? Because I live with my in-laws, my MIL does all the shopping and all the cooking!! I think that on the weekend when I get some money, I'll have to go and buy myself some grocerys! I don't want to become one of those people who are constantly looking at food labels, so maybe low-carb isn't the way for me to go. Perhaps I should just cut out the junk food and limit my quantity of food...(like in that Alanis Morrisette song... stop eating when I'm full) Thats what I'm going to do...limit my intake of bad foods and walk more until I get a few bills paid off and I can afford WW and a gym membership!
wildlilfirebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 11:57 AM   #9  

Good morning all!!!! I cheated and got on the scale (I know I said I wouldn't) and I am down a pound!!! Not a great feat but the scale has been staying the same soooo long and I really wanted to get out of the 150's and now I am!

Today's lunch consists of chicken breast, tomatoes and asparagus which I am mowing down as I type. Wild, its hard doing the low carb thing at first but eventually you know what you can cannot eat. Sometimes I look at the labels of food I use to eat just to remind myself on how good I am doing now. On a average day before I began my lo-carb journey would would intake about 250 grams of bad carbs and now I only have about 30 (and this is only good carbs) I find that I don't feel sluggish after I eat anymore either. But ofcoarse everyone has to find what works for them.

Back to work now! Take Care

Dale
Old 09-15-2004, 12:10 PM   #10  
Cdn Lifetime WW Member

CONGRATULATIONS CANADA!!!!

Like you Wild I am a HUGE hockey fan (Go Flames Go) and am also going to go through wicked withdrawl especially since the Flames did so well last year. We actually got our son to say "Go Kipper Go" (the goalie for the Flames) during the playoffs.

Willendorf - Sounds like your 17 year old son and my 2 year old son are one in the same.

Dale - Congrats on the lose.

I have a theory that I would like to share with all of you...It goes like this.

Toddlers and Teens go through the same type of problems with life. No wait read on:

1) Toddlers get frustrated because their parents can't understand what they want
1a) Teens get frustrated because their parents can't understand what they want

2) Toddlers frustrate their parents with the need for independence.
2a) Teens frustrate their parents with the need for independence.

3) Parents are always tripping over a toddlers toys (trucks, dolls etc)
3a) Parents are always tripping over a teens toys (skateboards, bikes etc)

Am I on to something her?? If I survive (or better yet if my son survives) his Turbulant Two's will I be better equiped to handle his Teenage years??? PLEASE SAY YES. That is the only thing getting me through this????

Last edited by BabyAnne; 09-15-2004 at 12:12 PM.
BabyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 08:06 PM   #11  
Vermin's Mum

*lol* The twos DO prepare you for the teens, but in the teens the toys cost more and they can get even more badly injured. *grin* I shudder to think of when my son gets his driver's license because he's scary enough with a permit!
Old 09-16-2004, 03:53 PM   #12  

Cool Mind if I jump in here?!

Hi. I am a sahm in the GTA, Ontario. I have an 8 year old and a 6 year old. I had my first physical in the past 5 years this morning and I was shocked to learn how much I weigh according to the scales there! I can't be that much! I go back to my doctor's office in 2 weeks time and we will then discuss my weight loss plan of action. Any support would be great.
missmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:07 PM   #13  
CanadaChick

I had trouble finding you guys but here I am. I am also from Canada and this is a great idea, because there is so much stuff in the States that we can't get here. I just want to say Hi to all.
CanadaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 03:16 PM   #14  
Vermin's Mum

MY home scale showed me up a pound this morning, but the WW official scale showed me down 1.4 lbs. I was afraid I would have no loss at all as I've been retaining a lot of water lately, so I'm pleased. I'm also going back on my metformin (glucophage) but slowly titrating the dose upwards from a low dose to avoid the side effects but get the useful medical action of counteracting insulin resistance. How is everyone else doing?
Old 09-20-2004, 11:43 PM   #15  
Vermin's Mum

Do we want a new thread for the new week?