View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 05:38 PM   #12
u2girl
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Default Update 3rd Day

Well guys. I didn't want you to think that I quit already because I haven't just didn't have to chance to post. Today was the 3rd day of the program and the 2nd time that I did the active routine. Boy, that ab work sure if tough. I decided to beef up the intensity a little more with the cardio than I did the first time. The first time with any workout, I tend to take it easy just in case it is harder than I originally thought. On the treadmill, I warmed up with 3.6 and then with each aerobic interval, I did 4.2 or 4.3. I will continue to make it a little faster until I can't anymore. From what he says, you should keep the intensity to a challenging pace or you are just wasting your time. Since I don't have any time to waste, I am going to keep the intensity as high as I can stand without going overboard. I am planning to continue my schedule of working out no less than 5 days per week, but most of the time 6 days per week.

I have decided how I am going to handle the next 6 weeks. This week, I am still taking it relatively easy doing the Active Core and Off-Day Routine and continue using the treadmill for Aerobic Intervals.

Weeks 2 & 3 - Continue with the Active Core and Off-Day Routine, but start using the Jump Rope for cardio segments ilo the treadmill for Aerobic Intervals.

Weeks 4 - 6 Move on to the Advanced Core and Off-Day Routine, continuing to use the jump rope for cardio.

The idea of jumping rope seems very odd to me. However, I felt similiarly with the treadmill and it has turned out to be pretty fun, so I will just go with it. I guess I am just so use to doing videos. Course if I keep doing what I always have, I will always have what I got. So I guess it is time to venture out and try other things to find what works for me!

Michelle, did you get a chance to get to the library and check out the book? I think you will find it an interesting read and it may give you some different ideas.

Ras, I looked into getting the new system, but like you since the book tells me everything and I already have a sculpting stick from the FIRM, I really didn't see the need to buy his whole system.

I hope to be reporting positive things over the next 6 weeks. As promised, I will try my best to keep you posted with updates!!

U2girl
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote