Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-09-2004, 10:11 PM   #1  

Question I Need Some Help Please!! :)

undefinedHey!! Well first off i'll start with my weight and stuff...i'm 5'7" and 140lbs. I dont think im overweight or anything, but i would love to drop 5-10lbs. I don't diet very easily, and when im at school i dont have much of a selection(most of school food are carbs). i do usually eat the carbs at school too, plz give me some tips to loose this extra weight. I take the One-A-Day Weight Smart and I love them. Thanks!
soccerchick7210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:11 PM   #2  

Default You're my twin!

Hi Soccerchick!
I am 5'9" and about 145 lbs. Maybe we coulddiet together! I am the same as you, just want to look good in a swimsuit. My advice to you is to check out howstuffworks.com andlook up calories. Your body needs a calorie deficit to lose weight. I also just tried Atkins for a week and already notice a difference. Maybe we could do some kind of plan together! I'm excited to see someone who is about my height and weight and still wants to lose...All my friends say, "You're so thin..." You know what I'm talking about...but they haven't seen me and my flabby self in a swimsuit!!! Let me know what you think
CreativeKel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Perhaps if looking good in a swimsuit is your aim then you could try more toning exercises and weight training. Increase your fitness rather than focusing on losing weight. If you increase your exercise and change your eating habits to balanced and healthy with good portion control you should lose weight anyway.

Basically you can lose all the weight you want, but if you havent toned the muscle underneath you are still going to look flabby.

I'm 21 and 5'6 and I currently weigh about 120 pounds which is actually 5 under my goal weight. The extra weight has come off due largely to increased muscle mass and an increased metabolism as a consequence.

Livi
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 07:38 AM   #4  

I agree with Lyria ... you may even end up GAINING weight as you build muscle, but losing fat and getting smaller and more toned
goeatanapple is offline   Reply With Quote