South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 06:28 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Tuesday Beach Chick Chat 09/14

Good morning Chicklets~~

Slept HARD last night...after taking 2 Benedryl when I got home from work. Doctor's orders for these damned spider bites. Naturally, the minute my eyes popped open, the bites started to itch and sting. And the one on my abdomen is creeping outward

Not much else going on...going to head downstairs and see what I can put together for breakfast and lunch.

All you chicks have a great day...and you gulf coast chicks batten down the hatches!

Mamacita
Old 09-14-2004, 06:51 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick good morning here! Lucy is off at Morna's house but was here in spirit with Hersh for the 5 AM barkfest! I think Hersh will sleep upstairs with me tonight.

Mamacita, I'm glad you got a solid sleep even if it was drug induced! Now...about the bite on your tummy, are you going to get it checked out?

So damned Ivan is heading for the Gulf Coast! I'm glad Florida will be spared another blow but am sure the Louisiana and Mississippi chicks are really distressed. I cannot imagine how I'd feel.

This morning I am meeting Rob and John for breakfast at 7 and then we will be taking down and sorting the schoolwork over at the Fair Hall. It's a terrible job but has to be done as the little darlings all want their work back, winners or not! That will probably use up the whole morning. This afternoon I'll try to work in a walk if I'm not too sore.

I'll check back in later. Be good chickies!
Old 09-14-2004, 07:47 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Mama and Ruth and the rest of you chicks yet to come. The sun is shinning here but it is chilly. Only have 2 wee ones home with me this morning so I should get something accomplished. I wish I could get my butt back OP but I already started the day off again badly. Two sugar coated candies.

Mama- so sorry to hear about the spider bites. You should get the one on your tummy checked.

Ruth- puppies soon you must be excited. Hope you are going to post pictures.
Have fun sorting art work for the kids.

To the rest of you chicks hope your day is great. I will try to pop back in later if I can finish shoveling the shack.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:01 AM   #4  
cac

Good Morning,

spider bites - YUCK!!!

i got back to OP todya. I formaned grilled some chicken for lunch and will get a small salad at the cafiteria. It is aobut time! i do well for about 4 days then i am bad for two. it is a pattern thet I want to break....

cac
Old 09-14-2004, 08:25 AM   #5  

morning chicks,
everything is going great here today, i am still totally op making it through today will mean 4 straight days for me this might be a record!! feeling good and the scale is moving down so my excitement is still up there. i made a large pot of wedding soup yesterday seems everyone in my house is suffering from a cold/sore throat except me (at least not yet) so i thought the soup would help. i put in tiny bow tie pasta for the rest of them i just pick around them. not a whole lot else going on today with me.

mama take care of those bites hope you feel beter soon.

ruth hopefully the time your pooch is away will fly by!! keep your chin up.

lc and cac you can do this!!! hang in there.

to everyone else hope you all have a great day!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 08:42 AM   #6  
yaya9577

Good morning everyone!

I actually woke up early for me and exercised for 40 minutes. I feel really accomplished already! Everyday, every week I say, "Just get up and exercise," but I never do!! I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 09-14-2004, 09:09 AM   #7  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Good morning everyone! Well, i had my official week one weigh in this morning and I lost 8 pounds! WOO HOO! I know it's a rare first week treat but I am still so exciting! It's very motivating to see progress. And DH lost 6!!! So, we're happy. And we will keep on keeping on.

Mama -- sorry about the spider bite -- yikes!

Hope everyone has a fabu day!

lauren
Old 09-14-2004, 09:17 AM   #8  

I am being so bad this morning. My manager is down from Michigan for the week. Yesterday someone brought in full sugar yogurt, fruit and bagels with full fat cream cheese. I kept to one banana and a half a bagel. Today, someone else brought in Kolaches (fruit and sausage). I am going to have just one sausage one and enjoy it in little bites. But if tomorrow is donuts, I am going to totally avoid them. Good thing this manager only visits once a year or so. I'm thinking of making the whole wheat muffin recipe so I can bring in something that is OP.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:43 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Mama- Spiders? Spider bites make me swell up like a balloon. I know the Benadryl coma far too well. Sorry you're itchy now....try an anti-itch cream? It makes me itch just thinking about it.

Ruth- New babies! How exciting! I want just ONE, but Terry won't let me have one yet. All for the best....we probably can't take care of one the best we could, since we both work so much, and we don't have any money. Just will have to settle for visiting Mom and Dad's babies.

Yaya- No kidding! Good job on the early morning work out! I just can NOT bring myself to do that, especially lately. Even when I used to get up way early and have breakfast and tea, I didn't do anything but get on here and watch the Today Show. My exercise goal has been blown to bits this month. Good for you!

Well, after my lack of consistant sleep the night before, I was out like a light last night and only woke up once: 6:48am when Terry came back from the bathroom. The *flush* woke me up. That's it. I slept soooo well and I'm a little groggy but I feel SO much better. I probably still look like but at least I don't FEEL it like I did yesterday.

I'm really getting tired of being shuffled around....I know people at other stores need help and what-not, but I feel like I'm not in my own store enough to take care of my OWN stuff. Another manager feels that way, too. I'm at a different store today, and then ALL of next week (all 6 days.) Ugghh. Overtime pays well, but makes for a crabby Lisa.

Well, I'm going to get ready for work today, by myself at the boring store. Hope everyone has a lovely day!
Old 09-14-2004, 09:59 AM   #10  
Conquering with SBD

Good morning everyone. Hope you all are having a great day.

Mama - Do look after those bites - voice of experience. I left some bites one time and ended up in the hospital. Somehow, I have developed an allergy to everything like that, so now must make sure I either don't get the bites in the first place, or tend to them immediately before they start to spread. Go see a doctor soon.

Ruth - Poor Hersh. I bet she is very lonely without Lucy...best thing to take her to sleep with you.

lc - Today is the day. You can get back on this program - you are so close to goal and need to get back on track before all the work you have done is lost. Ignore the sugar candies and concentrate on the rest of the day. You can rescue it.

cac - It is so hard to stay on Phase 1 for the 2 weeks, but you must do this. Do you look at your meal plans for the entire 2 weeks? Try to plan all your meals for the whole 2 weeks, have them firm in your mind and even make them in advance. Also, try not to arrange for meals out, or plan any restaurant eating. That may help you to be disciplined to staying OP for the entire 2 weeks. I know that, for me, I have to make sure that I do not go to places that will tempt me too much. We have several gift certificates to fine dining restaurants that DH keeps mentioning that we should use. I just tell him that I am not ready yet and will let him know when the time is right. For me, I know that is the only way that I can handle that situation. Hope things go well for you this time.

Jodi - Congrats for staying OP. A few more days and you will be through Phase 1. You can do this...and look, your weight is going down as a reward.

yaya - WTG on the exercise. I tried exercising in the morning, but could not sustain the discipline of getting up early. It must feel so good to know that you have accomplished that every day and don't keep thinking that it still must be done. Keep it up.

Lauren - WTG, girl. Halfway through phase 1. You can do this and the weight will come off. Great start.

Barb - Don't beat yourself up over the sweets, etc. at the office. Keep it in perspective - the manager comes but once a year, there are special treats in the office each day, and this is a planned indulgence...no guilt. Tomorrow is a new day and time enough to get back OP. Just be sure to discipline yourself to getting back OP and don't let it go too long. You can do it.

Me - There is nothing much going on with me today...just the cleanup to some problems yesterday. Stolen cars, crown prosecutor caught doing crack on our property , 2 students had seizures, etc. Hope that today is more calm. One thing I would like to know is - Where does all this stuff come from, anyway? Well, gotta go, time to get to work.

Have a great day everyone, and remember stay OP.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:27 AM   #11  

Here's hoping everyone (incliding me) can have a stressless and good eating day!
I haven't gotten the hang of responding to everyone before me on this thread personally without forgetting someone, so just general hello's will do for now!
We have the sore, sneezy, coughing, runny nose thing going. Between the two boys and myself I'm sure not getting a lot of sleep. Our foster son gets up between 6 and 7 no matter what time he went to bed, if it was late he's just grumpy. I've been making him stay in bed till 7 even if he is awake. My other son will sleep in if he was up later, so at least he gets some rest.
Hopefully we will be able to play outside most of the day, it seems to help the mood and they fight less, I stay marginally less insane too! Lol!
Old 09-14-2004, 10:37 AM   #12  

Good Morning everyone --

Staying OP so far for 2 1/2 weeks now. It can be done!

Now off to the treadmill and bicycle. . .
Old 09-14-2004, 12:30 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back from sorting over 1000 pieces of kids' artwork into schools and then into grades by schools. Rob and his long arms were a great help. (John opted out as he has to work today in order to take tomorrow off for the Parish Selection Committee.) Next I need to book times to present the prizes at school assemblies. I love the smiles when they get a ribbon - that's more important than the small amount of money in the envelopes.

Just got the news from Communities in Bloom Conference that we won 4 out of 5 blooms! That is great!!! We also received a first prize plaque for best preservation of natural and cultural heritage! Yippee for tiny little Delta and our volunteers! Just had to brag! The planters throughout the Village still look good and the new signs in the parks are fabulous. Now we need to top that for next year!

I am skipping the official opening ceremony of Maple View Lodge this afternoon although Hershey and I are both expected to be there as part of the volunteer corps. It will be a real crowd scene so I've made my excuses - "Hersh is not feeling well. Sorry." It'll be boring and stuffy with butter tarts so.......

Time to get lunch organized - veggie dog in a whole wheat bun with raw veggies.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:53 PM   #14  
I found my hipbones!

Hi, all!

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. My office mate is out west tending to her sick father indefinitely, so I've been trying hard to be two people at work. Seems like I just collapse when I get home, and between the two, there's little time for posting.

With my friend's wedding being over now, I'm trying to adjust to not having some "big day" coming up. You know, being able to use my free time for crafts and reading and relaxing instead of making shower decorations or cramming hard to get her gift afghan done in that last week before the wedding. My garden suffered big time this last month, so I have a lot of cleanup to do with it, not to mention the INside of the apartment...

BUT I have been working on riding the bike again. I can now manage 3 miles a night without rescue personnel standing by...

We had awesome dinner last night. I grilled some HUGE shrimp brushed with olive oil, and we had baked sweet potatoes and garlic roasted wild rice on the side. Mmmm. Somedays, I LOVE this diet. I know, it was two starches n' all, but the splurge felt good.

Oh, and I don't know about you guys, but once my TOM starts (yesterday AM) every bit of water I retained rushes out... I swear I've been to the bathroom every hour today... I'm thinking I should start counting my steps to the bathroom in my exercise total.

And with that bit of TMI, I'll sign off, I guess... More work to be done. Have a great day, girls!

Monica
Old 09-14-2004, 01:30 PM   #15  
A Lily from my yard!

Good afternoon Chickies! I have had a very busy morning. Slow leak in a tire I had to get fixed. Had to take DD to Orthodontist. Had to get some curtain rods for this new house and realized after I got home I forgot one!!!!! UGH! Another trip to Wally World! Well maybe not I think Dollar General may have what I need cause it's just the generic one that goes behind the pretty one. Oh well I will just be glad to start getting some windows covered! My list of do's for this house is soooo looong so I have to do what is important first and window coverings is a big one! The back is not as big a deal since no one is behind us but still. I have a front window that has me baffled because the great room has a cathedral cieling with exposed beams and the one window is all the way to the cieling and at an angle. I think I will just go to the top where the angle starts and hang the sheers across there. I can't figure out why they didn't put one on the other side of the fireplace as well. Must have been man designed cause woman would know better! lol Having an OP day! Good day yesterday. I've gotta get more water in me though and I know it! I also need to get back taking my vitamins again. I even let that go over the summer! Well I hope we all have a great rest of the day and stay OP!
Closed Thread