South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 12:06 PM   #1  

Default Lose weight but gain inches?

This really throws me for a loop.

Monday is the day I weigh in and take measurements each week. This week I dropped 3 lbs but some of my measurements went up?! What in gosh's name?! My arms went up and my thighs went up an inch each..

talk about depressing. my bust went down 3''..

I'm on Phase II, and obviously I did the switch correctly if I lost 3 lbs, I'm exercising by doing weight training, cardio, stretching and Winsor Pilates on a pretty regular basis,.. shouldn't this help with losing or at least maintaining most of my measurements?

I'm just really frustrated because I'm working so hard and since I re-started Phase I till now, I've been totally OP, no cheats AT ALL.

Old 09-13-2004, 03:20 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Tracy Jo, I could be nuts, but considering where you gained inches, your weight lost, and your exercise routine, I think you gained muscle and that's something to be really celebrating!

Do you have any access to your fat percentage? If someone at your gym can do it with calipers or if you can get or use a scale that tells you, that might help you out with the whole pounds thing...if you are losing weight, and your fat percentage is also going down, you are probably losing a lot of fat and gaining a little muscle. YGG!

And congrats on being so OP! You better change that snail to a rabbit!
Old 09-13-2004, 03:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Also, when you measure yourself, sometimes it's easy to not quite measure exactly the same place and get different measurements. I've had that happen ocasionally. I usually meaure all my parts 1 time, then go back and re-measure to make sure it's the same.

Sometimes the tape isn't quite straight-slightly twisted or whatever.

Did you use the same tape measure? Some types are a little more stretchier then others. Did you measure shortly after working out? Doesn't that make certain muscles appear bigger? I'm just thinking here, nothing set in stone or anything.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:02 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I would blame water weight ? I've noticed my inches can vary slightly. I would definitely measure next week and see what the tape says.
Closed Thread