Old 09-13-2004, 06:39 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post Stay At Home Mom's #245 Monday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 06:49 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Happy Monday

Good morning ladies. Hope everyone had a great night.
Mine was back to normal. Went to bed around 1100, Andrew woke me up at 1230, put him back down with a bottle, Ally got up to potty. Got her back in the bed and I went back to sleep until Andrew came and got me around 330. Changed his diaper, gave him a bottle and he got up again when the bottle was gone. So I laid down with him and slept from about 350 to 530 and got up. So back to normal, just hoping I get a little rest today, but I'm gonna be busy.
I've decided to try something new. I have alot of errands to run, so I think I'll make Mondays my errands day on top of my usual stuff then Tuesdays can be my claning day on top of my usual stuff. The rest of the week I haven't decided. But after lunch I've got a ton of places to go so I know I won't get much cleaning done. Anyways, just thought I'd share my thought.

Spryng, hope you had a great weekend. How is dh's job search going?

Penny, hope Nicholas is better today and had a better night.

Leigh, you're right, those feelings can come on strong at TOM time, glad you're better.

Michelle, hope you slept better.

Gab, glad you are enjoying your stay. Love to keep hearing from you.

Hello to Mel, Geri, Ricci, Jaymi, Cindi and everyone else.

I'm still fighting ants. They are driving me crazy because they're not coming in a trail from a particular area, they are just spread out here and there. I'll tell the bank guy today that we've got our closing money so now the paperwork can go to underwriting, hopefully by Friday we'll know something.
Dh is going to get on unemployment for a while on top of doing odd and end jobs and I'm gonna have to get on WIC. Never used any assistance before, but groceries are our highest bill and they are killing me, so hopefully it may help. The kids may have to get on medicaid too. Wow, never had to deal with any of this before. I'll keep all of you informed.
I've got Avon business to tend to, bills to do, school to prepare and dh's lunch to make. I'll check in later.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:29 AM   #3  

Crystal, good morning! Cayenne pepper is a great natural way to get rid of ants and so is boric acid. both non toxic. Sprinkle the caynne pepper outside on the perimitter of the house and see if that prevents them from coming in. Look it up for details. I've been having those nights with bugga still. No one has the childrens antacid. I think I'm going to have to order it online.

Hello everyone Else. I am probably not going to write much today as I have a terrible cold.

Penny, just wanted to tell you that you can probably start your own boy scouts group. Call the county office and ask how to go about it. You would need one other licenced person. You take a course that a couple hours and then your certified. MY sil started the girl scout one near her. I believe my aunt in MD had started her own years ago with my cousin. You would become the Den mother...lol You would be great at it too!! Rubie is a beauty! How is Nicholas feeling today. I hope he feels better.

Michelle, I went to the Angels web site. Poor children and families. My prayers are of course with them.

Spryng, did you have fun garage/yard saling. I love it. Don't usually buy, but sometimes you find a great bargin. Did you get anything? We went to some this weekend and LOAO! It was in a rich town and 2 of them were just filled with expensive SH..T and I mean SH T. MY dh opened a drawer and it fell out and pieces went flying. It looked beautiful, but it was broke. I guess they thought no one would open it..lol We laughed all the way to the car.

Hey Cheri and Leigh, I know what you both mean. Sometimes you just want to be you and not mommy for a while. Sometimes you just don't want to have to push the stroller or clean up the mess. Leigh, I know how it is to have dh away. My dh doesn't travel as much as yours, but it is about 6 weeks a year. He hates it and I do to, but over the last 5 years, I have learned to keep myself very busy when he was away. I get so much done and go visit with people, invite people over and such. It's hard I know. My thoughts are with you. You know you can call anytime if you want. My dh will be away Oct 1 for 6 days...5 nights. It's no fun!

I'll be checking in ladies, but hopefully this cold lets up a bit so that I can focus on writing again.

Hey Jill, how are you today? DId flying get the house all clean? Hope you have a great day!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:13 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies...

Crystal,
Do you think Andrew is just attached to his bottle maybe? Does he get up just to get more drink? Sorry you had such a ruff night

Melissa,
Anything planned for today?
If you don't we can do some exercise challenges or flying if you want

Jill,
Sorry I missed you last night! I was zzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Michelle,
Thanks for the im! I really miss you

Well Andrew has shots this am but it depends on how Nicholas is feeling.
I gotta get to the post office and run errands!

Hope everyone has a great day!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:22 AM   #5  
SAHM of 3

Penny, well I had Andrew broke from the bottle before I moved him into this big boy bed. Well, he only took like one a night before then. but when I moved him, for some reason he would get up alot more and I did the bad thing and just give him the bottle to put him back to sleep so I could go back to sleep. I don't have to give him a bottle, I could lay in his bed with him instead and he'd go back to sleep. So either he gets used to me sleeping with him or he gets used to a bottle. Either way it's a lose lose situation for me. I don't know which would be easier to break. Besides, I don't mind laying with him, but I fall asleep EVERY time and I always wake up so uncomfortably. With my belly slowly getting bigger that's not good. So I just don't know which to break him of and how.
Does that make since?
Old 09-13-2004, 08:27 AM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Okay, I did my bills, school is prepared, dh is long gone with his lunch. I'm getting up to make my bed, get me ready and start in the kitchen. Same Old, Same Old.
TTYL
Old 09-13-2004, 09:32 AM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Same ole some ole here too....lol

I know it is so hard to break a child of something. I didn't have a problem w/ hunter or nicholas with bottles and andrew never took one. But I have always had a problem with them sleeping in my bed. Mostly Hunter

Andrew has always slept in his bed and Nicholas only comes if he potties on himself. Hunter is my emotional one and he cries and cries if we don't let him in the bed

I know how you feel!

Hope everyone has a good day! Gonna exercise and get in the shower
Old 09-13-2004, 10:20 AM   #8  

Hello everyone! Just wanted to post before heading to be.

Penny- Yes that is a lot in a little but it didn't stay off that long.. a few months max. I wasn't really following a plan. When we lived in New Orleans we had a free gym with the apartments that we were staying at. It was a huge gym and I didn't feel uncomfortable since there was a section just for females and most females that were healthier stayed in the main area. I would watch what I ate, walk for an hour, swim, bike for 45 minutes in a hilly terrain, run about 20 minutes, lift weights, and take alot of classes (step aerobics was my favorite). Best thing is that it was all for free. I would do thid 5 days of the week taking off the weekend and it just flew off. If I wouldn't have left at that time I may still be at the weight but never got back into it and I just don't have the money to go to a gym with daycare right now. Alos what part of La. are you from. Originally I am from a small city just south of Lafayette.

Ricci- I love them so far. I had started them before but with moving out here and settling in I just recently got back to them. I decided that instead of going back to the beginning that I would do better doing the second part of the tapes and go for 45 days before switching up routines again. I really want the slim in 6 tapes. They look like fun!

Deana- it is no problem. We were probably posting at the same time is all.

Leigh- Yeah I like yours too.... that is my middle name Leigh.

Well I have to go
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 10:52 AM   #9  
Walking away the weight

Wow- ya'll have already posted so much and our day is just getting started. Late start for us here- Liam is on that weird schedule (lately his bed time is all over the place. I know eventually, it will even out into a schedule).So we both slept until
9:30am. But, as we were getting ready, Liam's diaper exploded, and Duncan threw up in bed Guess there will be some extra cleaning for me today. But that's okay- hope Duncan is okay. He wasn't hungry for breakfast, so I think his little tummy hurts.

Gabrielle- Wow! That's neat that Leigh is your middle name . . . we're going to get along great!

Crystal- Your mentioning Avon reminds me . . . if I want to look at some Avon stuff online, can I somehow still buy it from you if I decide to buy something? Your ideas about different days for different tasks is a good one. I saw that when I was doing all that online research for my home cleaning/org system. Somebody somewhere said they have: errand day, deep cleaning day, quiet/bill day, day off/family day, and so on . . . I think getting assistance will be good until DH gets into a regular job and all the stuff with the house is done.

Melissa- Well, hope you feel better soon. Rest as much as possible (I know that's next to impossible with the kiddos) and drink lots of tea. Thanks for your kind words about DH being out of town. We'll definitely need totouch base when yours is away.

Penny- How is Nicholas doing today? Hope he's a lot better. Do you think the other boys will now get sick too? Since I have only one, I don't know how that works, but seems like a possibility

Well, we're going for a quick grocery run today after Liam's first nap. I always wait to run errands until he's just napped because that cuts way back on the possibility of in store meltdowns.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:02 AM   #10  
2BoysMom

Good morning!!! We're BACK! No time to post now...I'll be back later today!

I missed you girls!!!!!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:35 AM   #11  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good morning ladies. Not much time to post here either. Have to get dd in the bath and get her ready for preschool. While she's there I have to run to Walmart for a couple things then get back here and clean. I'm going to get my 2 mile WATP in while she is in the bath.

Geri: Glad you're back. We missed you too. How was your vacation? Hope you all had a great time.

Where is Spryng? I wanted to tell her that we are making a road tirp on Thursday to pick up some things in Spring Hill, KS and wanted to know if she is close to there. I would love to be able to meet her. Although I would be soooooo completely jealous of a skinny minny right now j/k. It would be so neat to meet all of you and if I ever get the chance to travel the country I will make sure I do.

Well dd is wanting her bath and I need to excercise and get jump started.

I will be back later to post more and get personal.

Have a great day everyone.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 12:39 PM   #12  
SAHM of 3

Okay girls. My day started out bad. Actually not bad, I'm just so darn moody. I guess it's the pregnancy. I had errands to run and I knew while I was moody schooling was a bad idea, so we ran errands early and now are back having lunch. Then we'll school, but I'll miss out on a nap. Oh well.
Leigh, yes you can order from me. Let me double check on the exact website for you to go to and then all you need is my phone number and I can pm you that. I think the day thing is good, but I'll have to sit down and really set it in stone so I can try to stick to it.
Penny, Alisa slept with us but Ally and Andrew never wanted to. I think Andrew got used to me sleeping with him from us sleeping on the couch. When he was little and sick with his asthma, that's where we'd sleep, but he doesn't really like sleeping in my bed.
Girls, I never thought I was a person with issues but since I've gotten pregnant I feel like all I've done is gripe and complain. I hope it's the pregnancy and that it passes, but I'm so depressed today. I think I'll take some quiet time later to cry. That's what I feel like doing. I feel like I'm changing but my changes will effect my whole family and dh and he's not changing. Which I'm not asking him to, but if I share my feelings with him it ruins his whole plan and dream and I can't handle that. But then again, it's my life too and I don't know what to do. I don't like causing problems. That's one of my problems, I've never really known what I want and now I do but it's not what we've talked about and discussed. I feel like I've always let my family make up my mind about certain things and I'm tired of doing that. Now I see it and now I want to be my own person and make my own decisions but I don't like disappointing anybody. What do you do? Is this just pregnancy emotions or what? I know you are all so sick and tired of me having these issues, but think about it, if I didn't what would we talk about? Just kidding. I only have one friend and she already knows everything so that leaves me with all of you.
My kids are hungry, gotta go for a bit.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:48 PM   #13  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Crystal: What do you think we are here for? This is a SUPPORT group. If you need to vent, by all means do it girlfriend. I know I find myself venting some on occasion and I can't use pregnancy as a reason, THANK GOODNESS. But anytime you need us you know we are here for you. That's what friends are for.

So I lied.......I said I was going to do my 2 mile WATP then get dd to preschool. Instead I did the 3 mile for the first time and I FEEL GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wasn't sure I was ready for it but I pushed and got through it just fine. Broke a sweat and got a little winded but nothing that I didn't come out of by the end. I LOVE LESLIE SANSONE !!!

Well better get dd to school.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 01:35 PM   #14  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Ladies...

Jill just imed me to ask if the hurricane is going to affect us. I believe in my heart that it is headed this way Only time will tell though. I have to make a trip to walmart today so I am gonna pick up a few extra things before the crowds start wiping it out. If you look at the tracking we are very far to the east upper part of Louisiana. We are in the top part of the boot. So it is close but not sure as of yet... Thanks for the concern!

Deana
Congrats ! Woohoo! On the 3 mile walk! It is a great workout! You are doing awesome! Can't wait for your weigh in tomorrow!

Crystal,
Hope the day starts getting better for you! Are you still taking the herbal supplements?

GERI!!!!!!!! YOU ARE BACK!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOO! I have missed you! HUGS
Ok pics and stories! I wanna hear em

Andrew did very well with his shots today and now he is snoozing! Poor baby! But he was a big trooper

Spryng,
Is everything ok? Just checking on you

Have a great on plan day everyone!
Old 09-13-2004, 03:31 PM   #15  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls back from the gym and baby is napping so I have a few minutes to post. I am so scared for you guys that are in that hurricanes path! I was telling Penny that I have never known anyone in that area of the nation and so now that I have met all of you the news has all new meaning! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and I hope so much that you are safe. Please try to keep us posted so we know what is going on. I think it said it would hit U.S. by Wednesday so at least you have a little time to get ready, we know how bad these things can get and I just hope everyone heeds the warnings and gets out if that is what they are instructed to do.

Ok on a lighter note I got the rest of the stuff for Bayley's cake and will decorate a practice one today and see how it turns out. I also got her party outfit at Old Navy and it is really cute, it's a red jumper with a black long sleeve shirt and black tights (so she looks like a ladybug since that is the theme)I also got her 2 other dresses for next summer and they were only $2 a piece! I love clearance!! I think I have most of her party stuff done but I think I want to try and make a coloring sheet for all the kids to color. Something that says Happy Birthday Bayley and has a ladybug or something on it. We are having the party at the park but I figure it's always nice to have something else for them to do so they don't get bored. Ok enough of this! Sorry it's what's on my mind right now! LOL

Crystal sorry you are feeling so down. I'm sure it's probably partly pregnancy hormones and partly the stress of the moving/building stuff. Try to get a little time for yourself and see if you can relax a little it's not good for you or the baby to be stressed all the time and I'm sure it would make you feel better to get a little ME time.

Mel that's weird you can't find that Malox for kids, I hope you can get it on the internet and delivered soon! Have you checked a pharmacy? Sounds like dumb question I guess but I get all my pharmacy stuff at the grocery store but a pharmacy probably has more selection. Just a thought. And yes my house got all clean! It was great and it is still pretty clean, I just need to do a quick pick up and get some laundry going. Hope you are having a good day!!

Penny AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm scared for you. I hope you get all you need at Wal-Mart before it becomes a zoo. Have you read the flyladys checklist for disasters and stuff. She has some good stuff on there that I wouldn't have thought of in an emergency but that are good to have. If you want it I can dig it out of my e-mails for ya. Or it might be on her website. I'm glad Andrew did good with his shots, what a little trooper. How is Nicholas? Better I hope.

Leigh sorry your morning started off with puke and leaky diapers!!! I'm sure it will get better. Did you get rested last night? Any exercise today?

Geri HI!!!! Glad you are back, can't wait to hear about your trip!

Deana good job on the workout!! Doesnt it make you feel great!! Good for you!

Ok I need to get this house picked up so I can decorate Bayleys cake and get ready for my friends baby that I am going to start watching every night. He is 5 months old and weights 18.5 pounds and it 28 inches long!! Bayley is 7 months older than his and weighs 23 pounds and is 27 inches long!! Crazy huh? Ok Cindi is IMing me so I am gonna go! TTYL!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote