Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 01:20 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default Weekly TG chat - September 13 thru September 19

Hi everyone! Was just checking the posts before going to bed and thought I would be a big BRAT and start the new weekly thread ... It is Monday .. sorry Peggy .. I just couldn't help myself.

Well .. last weeks thread was a bust eh? Hope you all come back and post this week .. where did ya all go anyway??

OK ... off to bed now ... hope to hear from everyone soon!

Love, CJ
Old 09-13-2004, 11:16 AM   #2  
Conquering with SBD

OK, Miss BIG BRAT cheater....the time on that post says 11:20 pm (I don't count time change differences).

The weekend was really busy for me...DH and I are trying to empty our garage. Within the last 2 years we have moved both sets of parents into homes, two of our children have moved home and our house is full to the brim. We haven't parked a car in the garage for years. That is on top of a storage unit that we rent and is packe to the eyeballs. Anyway, we are repacking all the moving boxes at the storage unit to more uniform boxes, so we can stack them higher and compact the 'stuff' there. Then we should be able to get furniture, appliances, etc. out of the garage.

Anyway, I forgot to post the achievement of a mini-goal last week. I can't believe it slipped me right by. I reached a normal BMI range, and am now in the normal weight range for my height and age. WOOHOO!!!

DH and I went to a weekend ceremony at the university here celebrating the merger of 2 universities. DH was on the change team that organized the merger, so was invited to the reception. It was about 2 hours out of town, so we went there after church yesterday. Silly me, I didn't plan to skip lunch to travel, so by the time the tea started, I was ravenous. On top of that, the university that was merged was originally founded by Norwegian (my heritage) immigrants so the dainties at the tea were Norwegian foods. One of the weaknesses that I don't indulge in very often. Consequently, I did have several sweets and enjoyed every one of them.

The consequence to that was....I lost another pound. WOOHOO again!!!! I can't believe my good fortune, but I really think that the exercise I am doing is finally reaping great benefits. The weight has really come off this past week. I will stay OP faithfully this coming week, to make sure that my indulgences over the weekend do not destroy the weight loss. Also, the pound that I lost over the weekend is another mini-goal - I have broken the 140 pound mark and am now down into the 130s and counting off the final pounds. I really any hoping that I can get down a significant amount by the middle of October.

Hope everyone is staying OP...CJ, you must hop to this thing. You are getting close and can do this, I think by Christmas. Get going, now.

Have a great week. Will try to check in soon.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:30 AM   #3  
CJ

Where did everyone go??? did ya all get lost???? Well ... I hope you find your way back real soon cuz I miss ya all!!!

Well, Peggy, for the time being it looks like it's just you and me babe! I'd like you to know that I stayed OP all day yesterday ... I almost slipped last nite .. was looking for something sweet .. found some m&m's but told myself - "Self - put those back in the cubbord - you don't need them - STEP AWAY FROM THE CUBBORD - NOW!" and I also thought of you watching me so I didn't have them ... drank water instead. Good job on getting rid of another lb and getting into the 130's!

Slyvia: ???? Where are you girl? Miss you! Hope all is well and you post soon!

Sharon: ??? You too! Miss you!

Mindee and Cat: ??? Where have you two gone? We were just getting to know you ... please come back and post. Hope all is well..

Well ... talk to ya all later .. I hope!

Love, CJ
Old 09-14-2004, 06:10 PM   #4  
Conquering with SBD

This has NOT been a good week for me - diet wise. I was out for lund with one of our vendors last Friday and ate a piece of banana bread with my salad. That was the first faus pas.

Then, on Sunday, DH and I went to a tea where I had planned on eating only OP foods. Well, unbeknown to me, there were Norwegian treats at the tea. Since that is part of my heritage, and I haven't had some of those foods since I was very young, I indulged more that intended. THEN, today the staff had a surprise birthday cake for me.

I have continued to exercise through all of this and hope that the damage is minimal. But by the looks of the scale this morning, the damage is catching up to me. I was up a pound this morning and will probably be up more tomorrow. I am truly starting on Phase 1 of SBD tomorrow and gonna make sure that I am back on track by next week.

Hope everything is goin well for you CJ and I am proud of you not getting into the cupboard. If the desire hits again, have some sugar free jello, or a cheese stick. That will help with the cravings. Keep it up, you can do it this time.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:37 PM   #5  
CJ

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEGGY!!!
Old 09-15-2004, 03:16 AM   #6  

Hi Ladies!

I'm popping in for a quick hello. I have a lot going on right now and I'm beyond stressed. Please send some positive thoughts/prayers my way, we are meeting with someone from the IRS at 10:00AM. Lucky us, she is coming to our house for the meeting (sarcastic tone). Why, I don't know. They are trying to charge us for back taxes from 1995. I hope it goes well because we can't afford to make big payments. I've been trying not to let this get to me but today it got to me. The day started out as a good eating day but ended up being VERY BAD! I won't even start to write all the cr*p I ate. *sigh* I know I'm rambling.

Peggy- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have a great day!

CJ- I'm here! I see you are back to your bratty self! That's why you are the

I've got to run...I need to clean the bathroom. For some reason I clean the bathroom 3+ times when I'm stressed. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Hugs to all!

Sylvia
Old 09-15-2004, 01:10 PM   #7  
Conquering with SBD

Sylvia - Sending good vibes your way and keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well. We had that happend once with a business. The accountant made some questionable deductions, so we were audited within an inch of our lives. They can sometimes be so ruthless, then others, not care. Hope everything goes well. By the way, in Canada we are told that we only need to keep records for 7 years, so audits back 9 don't happen. What is the ruling there?

CJ - Thanks for the birthday wishes. This has realyy been a bad eating week, but today is a new day and I am back on track. I will be down the extra 2 pounds that I have gained by the weekend. Then it will be another loss over the weekend. I am not letting this get away from me this time.

Hope everything is going well for every one else. Let us know how the IRS turns out, Sylvia. Hugs.
Old 09-16-2004, 05:14 PM   #8  
Conquering with SBD

Well, I decided to check in with everyone this afternoon. I have even finished my workout for the day.

The 2 pounds gained at the beginning of the week are pretty much gone. Staying OP for the rest of the week has helped. Monday I have a medical, so want to be at the same weight that I was the medical before the last one. I have 2 pounds to lose now for that, so will be making sure that I am extra good over the weekend.

I asked for my very own discman for my birthday because I have been borrowing one for the kids to play my workout CDs while I workout. Anyway, the kids talked my into getting an mp3 player...and I'm glad that they did. I worked out at lunch today and there was no skipping on the workout. However, I did work longer with the skipping. When I timed it, the workout was 3 minutes longer because of the repeats. Without the skips, it wasn't as nearly annoying, though.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Stay OP, and be good!!!! (I can't believe is said that)
Old 09-18-2004, 03:57 AM   #9  

Hello ladies

I hope you are doing well. Just popping in for a quick hello. The meeting with the IRS went very well. They gave us some options and now its up to us to decide what to do. Thank you for the good vibes that were sent our way! As far as healthy eating....what's that? Since this whole ordeal, I've gained a couple of pounds and can't stop eating. Thank God it's over and my eating is more controlled.

Peggy-Sounds like you were in the same situation as my husband. His business was audited for 1993, 1994 and 1995. This new tax is from 1995 and they "forgot" to tell us about it. I just can't wait until this nightmare is over. Thanks for your good wishes!

Well, I've got to run and mop the floor. It's 1:00AM and I'm wired (note to self ...no Diet Cokes at dinnertime) so I might as well do something productive.

Big hug to all of you lovely ladies!

Take Care and have a great weekend!

Sylvia
Old 09-20-2004, 10:41 AM   #10  
CJ

Good morning girls ... sorry I haven't been around ... have had a very busy weekend with lots of company .. daughter and her hubby were here for a few days. My daughter Karen works at Mabels in Traverse City and they had a fire the other day so will be closed down for remodeling/repairs for at least 2 months. Thank heavens she will be getting paid thru insurance.

Slyvia:
Sorry to hear of your IRS problems ... I too thought that they could only go back 7 years ... hope whatever way you have to go will not be too big of a hardship! Hey, don't worry about the food slipup .. you'll get back on track! Next time you open that refrig door ... listen to the voice that says STAND AWAY FROM THE DOOR! lol

Peggy:
Good luck today on your medical ... let us know how it goes.

What happened to our new posters??? Mindee? Cat? Where are you gals hiding? Come back! Hope all is well ...

Well ... going to go start the new weeks thread (if Peggy hasn't already beat me to it) ...

Hope we have a busy week in here this week!

Love, CJ
Closed Thread