General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-01-2004, 01:20 PM   #1  

Default Doing Your Own Thing Sept 2004

I am like Susan. Unless we have some people post I am not coming here anymore. I have been absent a week with a horrible virus but it seems no one wants to post here so this is the last month I will set it up. I have too much to do with my own thread to babysit here if no one wants to post. Any of you who are interested, I have a thread on the support group, call Time For Serious Fun and you are welcome there.

Good luck to you all and I will check in later

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:19 PM   #2  

Hey Faye!
I'm just pop'n in to say hi. Life is running out of control here and no time to post like I used to. I'll still try to pop in occasionally and hunt you up...even if I have to track you down on your other thread.
I'm back at Curves and thinking about joining a 7 week weightloss class they are offering. No weight gain after my Curves absence, but I'm ready to start losing again.
Both boys are in football, one in band, me back at work cashiering in the cafeteria and to top if all off...DHs job has him buried. He's working on FEMA travel trailers for the hurricane victims...temporary housing.
Hope all is well!
Tigerlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 11:59 AM   #3  
DNW

Hi All:

Sorry you are feeling we don't want to post Faye. Like Tiger I am running around like crazy studying for graduate school exams and getting ready to start school again next week.

Food is in order but every once in a while I go crazy. Excercise is right on target though since I am finally in a routine and I don't beat myself up anymore over the occasional day I don't do it.

Peace and Love to All
Carol
DNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:21 PM   #4  

Hello All!

How did it get to be September already? Our summer here had such cool temperatures, it really didn't seem like summer at all! As much as I love the fall weather and the beautiful landscape of colorful leaves, I am not ready to face it!

This summer has been a bust dietwise also. I have been up and down.....absolutely no focus whatsoever. The good news is......I have gotten such a tremendous amount of information from you folks, this thread, and 3FC in general that I feel the next few months is going to be a turnaround time for me!
Carol.....great job with the exercise! This has got to be my next goal....to exercise with some...any....kind of regularity.
Tig.....good to hear from you! I remember how hectic it used to be when the kids were still at home. Caffeine and vitamins were what got me thru!
Faye.....glad to hear you are over your virus and feeling better.

Well......got to go hear what the Republicans have to say tonite.......Night all!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 11:49 AM   #5  

Carol, glad to hear you are going ahead with your school plans and getting your life back in order.

I've missed the rest of you...I'll drop in once in awhile and see if anybody has had time to update.

I went back to WW last Saturday and started the Core Plan. It's great. Can't wait for my official weigh in tomorrow - I know I've lost this week and I've never been hungry.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 08:50 PM   #6  

Well I am back…….it was a very long and difficult summer. As you may remember when I last posted in July, I was in the middle of being dumped by my boyfriend…..diet and exercise were the last things on my mind……but I think I am back on track to some degree. I went back to my counselor, increased my meds, and started doing things for myself. One thing I did was hire a personal trainer. It was so difficult to get out and go to the gym, but I did. She has been working with me once a week and says I am doing great, but then again that is her job!!!! But I appreciate it! She gave me a cardio routine with interval training to do 3 times a week and has been working on strength training with me. She really upped the ante this last week and I sure feel it, but I am enjoying it. Foodwise….doing okay. I certainly eat less, but my weight has not changed much…..the strength training has changed my body significantly….clothes are fitting looser!!!
I will try to stop back more often now that I am out of my fog of sadness and ready to get back to life!!
Lily
lilybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 07:36 AM   #7  

Hey ladies, great to hear from some of the group again! I know you are all very busy but it is frustrating when you are the only one that posts for days and days (I am as bad as some of the others about getting here often) It is just hard for me to keep up the thread since I have my own and this was started by someone else, not I!

I am totally redeveloping my eating and exercising for fall and winter now. I get less strenuous exercise during the winter months so my eating has to change with it.

Sounds like everyone is well and busy! Hope you all have a great holiday weekend.

Carol: Wasn't chastising you sweety!!!! I know your schedule is hectic.

Tig: We are going to be in Indiana for Thanksgiving for a few days. Wish we could meet up somewhere.

Lily: I am so glad you are getting things straightened out after the "man" issues! You sound like you are doing great with is!

Susan: You have quilting "conventions" this fall and winter? I heard a lot of people like this WW Core plan

MsRD I am like you, it is time to get our behinds in gear and really go for the losses this winter!

Everyone it was good to hear from you. Even if you can't post day to day, try and check in once in a while with us and let us know you are a-ok

Faye
Old 09-07-2004, 04:56 PM   #8  

Lots of quilt shows the next few months and a couple of conventions, too. I love it!

WW Core plan is wonderful. I lost 4.8 pounds last week and a lot of the 'carb' bloat I have when I eat too many. I ate out twice during the week. I love this way of eating.

Have to get off the computer - lightning and thunder - guess Frances is starting to give us a little rain.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:24 PM   #9  

Hi All!
It has been a beautiful day here......temps in the mid 70s, clear and sunny. (I obviously don't live in Florida!)

Faye.....I have also taken a hard look at my eating and exercising habits. With the winter months coming on (not to mention the temptations of the holidays), it is time to make some adjustments. I have joined a challenge group......nothing like having to report in to get me kick started!

Lily.....glad to hear you are doing better and ready to take on life!

Carol.....studying for exams? The very thought gives me the chills! I went back to school to finish up my bachelors degree some years ago.......it was so incredibly hard to go to school and keep the rest of my life running smoothly. I always said I could get everything done, if only I could give up sleeping!

Susan.....DD has convinced me I could do some quilting, so.......just finished marking a wholecloth table runner. It looked like such a simple design when I started......lol! I have folded it neatly on the sewing table.....and will continue just as soon as I gather enough courage (or am ovecome with guilt for a half-finished project).

Just enuf time left in the day for some exercise......and maybe a tall glass of cold water!
Old 09-11-2004, 02:52 AM   #10  

Hey ladies, hope all is well with everyone.

I have been having a lot of sleep issues and woke up and can't sleep so decided I needed to get back in here and post again. It is hard for me to get here everyday though like a lot of the rest of you.

Susan: I think quilt shows would be fabulous to go to. I find them beautiful and interesting to say the least.

I have lost 10 lbs since getting back to a winter program now. It is always so dumb of me to go off because I lose consistently if I stay with my program the exercise and water. That is simplifying things though. It is like alcoholism or any addiction, one day at a time.

MsRD: Sounds like you will be doing well too!

To all of you lurkers and those who we haven't seen in a long long while, we miss you

Faye
Old 09-12-2004, 02:57 PM   #11  
Long Lost Chickie

Default Does anyone remember me?

Hello, it's Jello. Remember me at all? It's been since I posted here last. It's nice to see familiar faces. Although I do understand Faye's first post on this thread. It was when we were soooooo slow that I stopped posting here. I would come in daily and there was no one here. It was very depressing.

Dietwise, I've been on and off, up and down, on program and off program. I keep thinking it's time to get serious, but it doesn't seem to happen... at least not for longer than a day or two. I figure I'm about exactly where I was when I last posted here.

Since that time, I've quit my job. I just couldn't stand it anymore. Stress eating was killing me and I blame the stress on that loser of a boss. I got another job for less money but I'm much happier. I also do part time work from home on 2 other jobs so I'm kept busy.

And yet somehow I always find time to overeat.

Anyway, I've found a couple of other women at my new job who are also in WW so I've got a new resolve. I'm hoping it lasts.

And I'm glad to see all of you guys again. I wish you all luck in your weight loss efforts. I'll pop back in to say hello again. I promise.
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 07:35 PM   #12  

Hello All!

The troops have left and it is now time to settle down and enjoy the quiet. I had the eating under control until DD walked in with her famous Choco Chip Cookies.......these cookies are to die for......they absolutely melt in your mouth! Fortunately, she just brought a few, and there were others beating me out of the way to get to them.....now, if they have just finished up that apple pie before they left!

Jello!......how great to hear from you again! You have been missed! Glad to hear you finally chucked that stressful job.....it wasn't doing you any good health wise. Let us know how WW is working for you!

Well.....got the kitchen to shovel out before another week starts!
Old 09-13-2004, 10:14 AM   #13  

Jello: Great to hear from you. Glad you kicked that jerk of a boss to the curb. Better to have less money and like your job than lots of money and hate going in everyday!

MSrd: My dd says she is my worst enemy when it comes to food because we go out to lunch someplace fattening usually. I told her that I am responsible for what goes into my mouth not her. I am a choc chip cookie freak so I would probably eat them all if they were in the house.

Please don't misunderstand what I was saying about posting. It is just that I run a thread of my own and it keeps me busy enough and then I post with one other group of ladies besides this one and though I don't work away from home, I don't have lots of time to hang on the computer. It didn't seem like anyone wanted to take over duties of starting new threads every month so I did it but it is tough for me to keep up to date with it. Please don't be angry at me, I probably sounded like a you know what and that is not what I meant at all. I just meant if no one was posting I wasn't going to try and keep it up because my own thread takes up a lot of time with our challenges, daily points I have to tabulate besides posting. I also have topics for each day of the week and have to keep coming up with new stuff for it so I am busy busy.

We really do miss those of you who quit posting and would love to see you back here when you have the time

Faye
Old 09-14-2004, 03:38 PM   #14  

Jello - OMG it's so good to hear from you. I'm about ready to quit my job too, for the same reason. The man gets worse by the day.

Faye - If you want, I'll take over starting the threads. I know you are a busy lady. Your other thread is great (I lurk from time to time).

Ladies, I'm in love with WW Core. Down another .8 pound for a total of 5.6 in 2 weeks. Love the food and I'm never hungry. I do not let people bring desserts to my house because I don't want to be tempted and no one really needs the sugar stuff.

Hope to hear more from all of you soon!
Old 09-15-2004, 05:37 AM   #15  

Susan: Thanks, that would be a tremendous help. Sometimes I can't seem to get in here and then forget to start it again and then I feel bad about it being halfway through the next month. What is the difference with the new core plan for WW? My sister is on WW so I know the basics of the different stuff, but what makes this so much better?

I fell asleep too early last night so I am up early this mornng. DH just got up to go to the bathroom and the man worries way too much about me. He is always so worried when I am up early like this.

We may get our car back in the next century. I see from previous posts that I didn't tell you what is going on. First off, a month ago I hit a deer going 50 mph and messed up the whole front of the car. The insurance company wouldn't cover a rental saying I didn't have the insurance when I had the accident, which was fine, but then they wanted the body shop to use cheap non factory parts (we by now are into a full week of having a rented car we are paying for) and cheaper paint. Well, we have a 2 year old Mercury Grand Marquis, which is considered luxury so the paint is fancier and the grill is specific yadayada. Anyway, the car was supposed to be done last Friday and the part didn't fit so they had get an okay from the insurance company and then order a factory part so he said it would be Monday. On Monday, Jack called him and he said the paint wouldn't match and he wouldn't release the car until it was perfect. Well, we were having to rent the car by the day now, having the week expire and we just can't afford that so Jack blew his top and the guy volunteered to rent us a car. Now the thing is supposed to be ready by Thur so I am keeping my fingers crossed. The General Manager showed us how the cheaper paint did not match. Our car is a baby blue with this coating stuff on top and the car has to be painted from the bumper past the door to blend it. Our car color looked grayer than the paint color so they are trying to match it. We just seem to go from one catastrophe to the next!

Everyone have a great day and you in the south keep your heads down when the hurricane hits!

Faye