Old 09-12-2004, 06:55 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Stay At Home Moms #244

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 07:13 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Morning Ladies...

Welcome Gab! It is great to have you hear! I know it must be hard on you! It sounds like it.. My sil is a Air Force wife and my bil ships off all over. They have twin boys and she has had them for weeks and months with little or no help at times Hang in there! We are all hear for you! Tell us a little about you! Name? Weight Loss Plan?

Jill,
I was so excited to hear that you had friends over last night Hey, at least somebody was having some fun LOL

I am up doing hubby's bills, still haven't done my church program for this am so I am working on that, and Nicholas just woke up vomiting

When does the madness stop LOL!

I am gonna make me a dr.'s appt Monday for the gyn. I have been having some terrible pains on my left side. I have had cysts since I was 13 and had to have surgery to have them removed once. I am just praying it is not happening again

Oh Andrew had went to the dr. Friday. She put him on an antibiotic for a month and then she is gonna do a CT Scan of his sinuses. She thinks this might be the problems, moreso than the tonsils.

BTW,
Cindi,
Did Christian have his surgery??? And weren't you having some problems?? Please let us know how everything is going!!!!

Have a wonderful day ladies
Old 09-12-2004, 07:35 AM   #3  
Domestic Goddess

Smile New SAHM

Merry Meet! I'm a SAHM with pounds to shed. My name is Sarah and I am mommy to a 7.5 month old baby boy. Hope to get some help in here. I count calories with fitday.com.

195/195/130
LavenderLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 07:51 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Sarah!

It is so great to have you here!

Tell us a bit about you!
Old 09-12-2004, 07:57 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Ok Last post for me this morning....lol

I wanted to show you a new pic of Rubie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rubie3fc.JPG (37.6 KB, 35 views)
Old 09-12-2004, 08:22 AM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning

Good Morning Ladies.
Welcome Gabwill and Sarah. I'm Crystal, 27 yo sahm of 3; almost 4 kids. Alisa is almost 6 yrs and I homeschool her in the 1st grade. Ally is 3 yrs., and Andrew is 21 months. I'm due Feb. 1st. I found this site way back when and fell in love, LOL!!! Then after losing some weight, found out I was pregnant. But I'm sticking around, because I'm addicted and these are great ladies that give all the support you will ever need. You just wait until Monday hits, you'll see so many more names around here. Stick around and let us get to know you better. Btw, dh is having his vasectomy on Friday, so this WILL be the last time I have to quit dieting because I get pregnant, YEAH!!!

Leigh, yes, yes, yes. ALL sahm's go through this. Or at least I hope they do. It's jealousy...I've delt with it a many of times. But luckily when I feel this way, I realize it right away and I get over it. I wonder why sometimes after work dh can go play pool or darts with his friend or go bs with his other friends w/o having to say do you mind?" Sometimes he'll ask me, but it's like in order for me to do something like that...I actually have to plan a sitter even if it's him. So no, you're not silly for feeling this way. It is jealousy and you may feel better to discuss it with dh, let him know you understand it's jealousy and you'll get over it, but let him know you're feeling it. If nothing else, you'll get sympathy out of it, LOL!!!

Penny, so sorry you've got to go to the funeral. But at times like this since he passed from cancer, you know he's in better place.

Okay girls, are you ready for this.........................I SLEPT 8 1/2 HOURS, with one liittle interruption. Andrew woke up once, I changed his diaper, gave him a bottle and he went right back to sleep and still is. How great is that? Don't worry, it won't last, never does. But I'll enjoy it while it does last.

Okay, I posted all my new news on the other post so I don't want to repeat any of it. Today, dh is working at his grandparents house so sometime we'll get out and go visit them. I need to run to the grocery store later too.
Hope you all have a great Sunday. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 08:24 AM   #7  
SAHM of 3

Penny, that dog is adorable. And about Andrew...is that good news? I'm thinking it is, but I'm not sure I understand what they are saying the problem may be.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:44 AM   #8  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Crystal,
Congrats on the sleep! YAH!!! YOU needed it!

Awesome!

I can't wait for your sono! It will be here soon!!!!

As for Andrew,
He was gonna have tonsils and adneiods removed but the dr. doesn't like to do it under 2 y.o. b/c of the complications. Well he was on antibiotics and when she rechecked him.. she said his tonsils were not that enlarged now. But she is suspicous that it is his adneiods and sinuses. Instead of doing the tonsil and adneiod removal, he might have his adneiods removed and his sinus cavities suctioned.

In my opinion, if it can wait another 6 months I would have have it all done. She said that he might have to have his tonsils out later anyway.

What's a mother to do, ya know

Have a great day
Old 09-12-2004, 09:26 AM   #9  
SAHM of 3

Penny, Penny, Penny, you're right, what's a mother to do? That is a predicament. But I agree that if it can wait, let it.
Hope all is well.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:32 AM   #10  
SAHM of 3

I totally forgot that I have the QOTD today!!!

QOTD: Do you have any regrets from your teenage years?

Answer: I wish I was more involved in school and the extra curricular activities. I hates school and did as little as I could to get it over with. Now I wish I would have involved myself in theater, maybe been on the yearbook staff.
I feel I made 2 "mistakes" and "regrets", if you know what I mean. I was just being a teenager. I had a one night stand with the hottest guy in school. He wanted me, I couldn't refuse that. "Mistake", then my senior year, I just for some reason had a senior fling, "mistake"!!! It was dh's best friend, but this was before dh was even a boyfriend so there was no cheating involved. Just a wild end of the year thing.
Hope I didn't share too much.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:40 AM   #11  
SAHM of 3

I reread my answer and I didn't mean for that to sound the way it did.
The hottest guy in the school may have wanted me...but he wanted lots and lots of other girls. It's not like he singled me out. But we were good friends so I still couldn't refuse. And we remained good friends and soon was able to "joke" about what had happened.
He's a firefighter now here in Terrell and was married, but was ready for a family and his wife cheated on him and doesn't want kids because she's too spoiled to share herself.
I feel bad for him, but he's not innocent, I'm pretty sure he had cheated on her at the beginning of their marriage or in their engagement. But he and I were friends and of course I would love for him to have the family and kids he wishes he had.
Anyways, just blabbing.
We just finished breakfast and in about an hour are going to dh's grandparents to visit and see the work dh is doing.
I think I'm the only one posting on here today, LOL!!!
TTYL
Old 09-12-2004, 11:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!!

So sorry I have been MIA... we have been super busy this weekend and I don't have time to post now either because DH needs the computer to look for a job.
So in a nutshell the weekend has been going well. Becuse my IUD was taken out on thursday TOM showed up again yesterday (which my doc said would happen) so today I start my BC pills... but it's kinda ruining the weekend, lol.
Our town had their city wide yard sale yesterday and we did that all day long. Got lots of great stuff and I hit one sale that had tons of name brand clothes and because it was the end of the day she was just wanting it gone so everything was 50 cents!!! I got dresses, shorts, shirts, pants, etc... all name brand for 50 cents... and they all fit and look great! I was so thrilled!! That was my best find yesterday... oh we also got two rocker recliners (very nice ones) one was 5 bucks and the other 10 bucks... so we couldn't pass that up.
Well, dh is back in here so I better go. I promise I will catch up tonight or tomorrow. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 12:11 PM   #13  
Walking away the weight

Good almost-afternoon. Oh, I am so very tired today! First, Liam woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep until midnight again. Then we woke up early because we were supposed to meet friends for brunch at 9am. But then the friends had to cancel because their baby is sick. But we were already awake . . . Liam, of course, took a brief nap already, but not me. I have heavy eyes today LOL. It doesn't help that TOM is arriving tomorrow- that always makes me more tired.

Welcome, Gab! Oh you will find there are other women on here with DH's out of town a lot (like Spryng) so we can sympathize. What are your weight loss goals? I'm attempting to finish losing 15 pounds

Penny- So sorry to hear about your loss- my thoughts and prayers are with you. Also, I hope your feeling better soon too. What a cute doggie!

Crystal- on the sleep LOL. Wish I got that last night. Well, maybe tonight.

Spryng- glad you're having such a good weekend. Great finds at the garage sales!

QOTD: I regret some of the immature soap-oprea like stuff we all get into in HS. I was very active in drama, and it could be kind of cliquey, so we were all kind of mean to one another depending on which "subgroup" we belonged to. It was all very silly and immature, so maybe that's a normal part of growing up and learning how to be an adult. But at the time I could be dumb and melodramatic in the extreme LOL.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 12:32 PM   #14  

Well, to begin my name is Gabrielle. I am 22 and the mother to a 16 month girl. I am not really on any specific plan. I do the power90 tapes from Beachbody. I also do Taebo 3 days a week (and am trying to get to the advanced ones to lose more weight but am still doing the basic), I walk 3-miles a day, I also run 3 days a week... if I wake up early enough, and I do pilates 3 days a week. I try to watch what I eat but I did give into McNuggets last night which now is upsetting me. Other then that I go to the park, read, draw or get on the computer. I try not to watch much tv but that doesn't always happen. I am just trying to lose weight and keep it off since I am attempting to join the airforce once my husband reenlists and I know where we will be. That gives me a year and a half in order to lose and KEEP OFF 30 lbs since for my height I have to be 128 or below. I would rather not be on the upper part of that and have a little room to play with so am aiming for 125 or below.
As far as the question goes... anything I regret from my teenage years. I have a few but one of them is that I didn't make time for myself. Once I was of age to work I worked 40 hours a week and helped my family with bills. When the summer after graduation came I was working 2 jobs 40 hrs each so that I can make up for what I didn't have anymore so that I would be able to go to college... only did that for a year though but that is alright. I plan on going back one of these years. Well that is about all for now.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 12:33 PM   #15  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Sunday Morning Ladies !!!

I was MIA yesterday with lots going on. Andrew had a sleepover at a friend's house Friday night so I had to pick him up by 9:30 yesterday morning. I got to talking to the parents and didn't gte home til almost 1 p.m. Dh called my cell to make sure I didn't get lost.....LOL....it's only 3 miles from home. Then by the time I got home my phone didn't stop ringing for like 2 hours.

Dh and I got to go out Friday night to the beer garden. He saw a couople people he went to school with but we saw more people he works with, so we hung out with them the whole time. Everyone kept filling my beer mug, so therefore I drank more than I should have. Don't get me wrong, we don't drink very often. The end of July and Friday night were the only 2 times in the last 2-3 years. We both drank plenty when we first got together, but then responsiblity kicked in and we just gave it up. We don't really miss it and only drank to be social. I wasn't drunk but I was thinking about the calories. Guess I'll find out Tuesday if it made a difference. If it did, I won't do it again. I want this weight off so bad.

Michelle: So sad about that couple and their little angel. I think about it often that I am fortunate to have 4 healthy children. I don't know what I would do if something like that happened to any of them.

Penny: Hope things work out with Andrew soon. I had to have my tonsils out when I was 15 because I was a constant carrier of strep. If was rough doing it at that age and I feel it's better to do it when they are young. They bounce back so fast when they are little.

Spryng: So glad you are having a good weekend with dh. Mine waws supposed to be off for 3 nights but they called last night and needed him to volunteer for tonight, so there goes the long weekend. Atleast he has gotten in some dove hunting and spending time with his brother today, hunting and shooting clay birds here at the house. WTG on the yard sale finds. I hardly ever go to any, never any money to do so.

Crystal: Hope things work out with dh, the $ and building. As far as Alisa and homeschooling....if you don't like the school district there isn't any reason you should put her in public school. If you want her to get the social interaction she needs, have you thought about girl scouts. They can join when they are 5 or kindergarten age. It is a great experience and they learn so much that school doesn't teach them. My dd can't wait til next year when she can start. All my boys are in scouts and she keeps telling me she wants to be a cub scout...LOL

Speaking of scouts....it's that time of year again. My oldest needs to complete 3 badges and his community project to obtain his Eagle Scout rank so we will be working on that very soon. I really want him to have everything done and have his Eagle ceremony before he turns 17 next August. Andrew will be a Bear Cub this year and I am assistant leader for his Den. Matthew will be a Wolf Cub this year and I am leader for his Den. So in essence I will be doing scout stuff 3 days a week. Erik on Mondays, Andrew on Wednesdays and Matthew on Thursdays.

Sarah: So nice to meet you. I'm Deana, sahm of 4, Erik 16, Andrew 8, Matthew 7 and Abigail 4. I just joined here last month and have found so many new friends. Which is wonderful because I had a huge falling out with my best friend in June and needed someone to relate to. This is a good thing though because I have come to realize that I wasn't getting what a person needs out of that friendship. I was always the giving one and never got anything in return. If she ever needed anything I was there but when I needed something she was too busy or had her head too far up her idiot husbands arse. And she was the kind to ask "What do I do?" and never take my advice. I see now that she was holding me back from being my own person and I have had a complete change as far as my outlook on losing weight and how much timeI spend with my family instead of always running to help her.....it's great now and dh loves it, he gets more attention now too.....LOL. Ok I'm rattling, but trust me, you will love it here, wonderful support and always someone to vent to if you're having a bad day. Let us get to know you better.

Cindy: Of course we love you, and I am the same as Jill and others, I only post to you if I see one from you. Sorry. Hope tom makes a fast exit and you start to feel better soon.

Kristin: Hope you're having a great day.

Ricci: Hope your weekend has been a good one.

Leigh: Sorry to hear about Liam. He will be fine I'm sure. I know I always worried when mine would bonk their head too but they are so resilient.

Julie: Hope you're having a great day.

Geri: Hope you're vacation is going well and you're having lots of fun in TX.

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Kids are hollering for lunch so I better go. We have had company like all morning so needless to say I haven't gotten anything done today. Time to change that. Going to feed kids and dh then do my 2 mile WATP, then I will have the energy to get cleaning and doing laundry.

TTYL.........HAVE A GREAT DAY !!!!!
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote