Old 09-10-2004, 07:28 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post SAHM's #242 Friday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy for 2 yrs., who is 27. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 07:34 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Happy Friday

I haven't made my coffee yet, so this will be quick...I need some.

I slept between 5 and 6 hours with many interruptions and today is my busy day to clean mom's house and run errands. Dh went to work today but still not feeling very good. Tomorrow we have to go to my sisters, it was one of my nieces birthday this past week and they are having her party tomorrow. Haven't been over there since the 4th of July I don't think. It will be nice.
Thank you all for your words to me and you are all right, except for the fact that my dh is different than most so there probably won't be discussion between us, I'll just eventually find out his plan and that will be it.

Spryng, so glad your appt. went well. And so glad they gave you all those BC pills. That will help ALOT. Your dh will be in tonight, right? Have lots and lots of fun.

Michelle, sorry you have to work tonight. It's nice to get those planned nights off, huh?

Deana, I love bbq sauce, but I don't eat it on everything, but I do love it. Maybe you should sell it.

Jill, hope Bayley finally went to sleep for you.

I hope everyone has a great day. I've got to get some coffee brewing. If I'm not around later, then I'll check in sometime.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:48 AM   #3  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Ladies !!!!!

I am usually so bad about not getting here until evening, but today I have.....

QOTD: Who do you, personally, think your children look more like, you or daddy? This is meant to be your personal opinion, not who other people tell you they look like.

My oldest is almost a spitting image of his father. He is tall, 6'1", his dad was 6'3". My next two have the same father and don't even look like brothers. The older one, Andrew, looks like his father's pictures of when he was little. Matthew, my 3rd looks more like my dad's side. Dark complexion from the Indian in that side....and looooooong eyelashes. Dd looks almost excactly as I did when I was that age. Big brown eyes and blonde. Although it turned when I was probably 5, so I'm waiting for hers to change. But she is built more like dh, tall and thin. Dh is 6'2", 175 lbs. I can only hope that none of them inherited my weight issues.

Plan for the day: get kids off to school, clean my kitchen from the BBQ sauce mess yesterday, start working on getting caught up again on laundry, get dd to preschool, run to the next town over to go to the bank, buy groceries. By that time I have to get supper for some of us. Andrew is going to a sleepover so he will eat there. Dh and I are going on a "Date" to the street fair in the town he grew up in and we're going to go to the beer garden to see old friends and do some dancing.....great excercise The other 3 are going to a friend's house. Erik, my oldest, is best friends with her son and she said she would take Abby since my MIL is going out of town and can't. I'm still trying to reach Matthew's dad, and if I do, he will be going there. If I can't she said she would take him too. Then the best part...........Dh and I get to come home to an empty house That hasn't happened like forever.

Well kids are getting up for school so I better go supervise the dressing of the kids...LOL...they're boys, I have to make sure their clothes match......Geeez, males and fashion sense.....

I will try to check in later and see everyone's answers. If I don't get back, it's because I'm running and running and running.

Have a great day ladies. TTYL

Last edited by Deana1113; 09-10-2004 at 07:52 AM.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 07:55 AM   #4  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Jill: someone else said I should sell it too. The problem is I don't have a recipe. I dump stuff in until it tastes right. I probably coun't duplicate it if I had to. What I made yesterday was only 4 pints and tomato season is almost over. I won't use store bought tomatoes. I may try again sometime, but not soon.....what a mess it makes.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 08:09 AM   #5  
mama of 4little Angels

morning ladies'

QOTD: I think all my kids look like themselves.None of them really favor any of us adults.Now all the kids, (my kids,nieces,and newphews)look suprisingly alike.It's kind of weriod how it all worked out that way.

My plan for today is to finish up cleaning.Get on that Nortic track for 10 minutes.(i'll up it once I get used to doing it again)drink water and play with kids.That's about it.

Oh,I bought some wrinkle cream and it's awesome.It works in one application.
If any of ya'll are interested its called instant wrinkle eraser,there are different ones.I got eye repair.I'm getting crows feet and this stuff really works.I can actually see a difference and i've only used it twice.Pretty cool stuff.I'm into all the anti aging creams and potions and lotions and anything to keep me from looking old.lol I'm fighting it with all I got. And since caffine keeps ya young I don't have to feel guilty about drinking so much coffee.
Well let me get off here and get some housework done.
ttyl Angel
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 08:15 AM   #6  
SAHM of 3

QOTD: My oldest, Alisa, looks just like me. Just like a mini me, LOL!!! Ally looks more like dh and Andrew, I think he looks like me. Everyone says Ally looks like dh's grandma and Andrew looks just like dh, but yet he looks like Alisa which looks just like me.
Alisa and Andrew both have these green/brown eyes, are bigger boned and healthier, so to speak, brown hair and dark complexion. Ally is tiny, tiny with blonde hair and blue eyes. Pale as a ghost. The funniest thing, my sister says if I hadn't had Ally at home, she'd of thought I brought home the wrong baby, LOL!

Okay, Andrew is awake and I know the girls will soon follow. TTYL
Old 09-10-2004, 09:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning girls!!

Well, guess who crawled into my bed at midnight? My DH!!! It was a nice suprise... I was sleeping so hard and barely heard him pull up. Of course he kept me up for awhile after he came in, lol Not what you think though, LOL! Just pillow talk!!
OK, my WI... I'm up 2#'s... I know alot of that is sodium but I am down since yesterday so I know it's coming back off too. I'm going to try and be really good this weekend while dh is home but no promises, lol.
QOTD--- Ava looks just like I did at her age. Except I have blue eyes and light hair then and she has brown eyes and dark hair. But I was tiny and petite just like her (she weighs 28 lb fully clothes, lol) but I love to look at her because I see me. Now Bubba is a little Joe (my dh) we have a picture of Joe up on the entertainment center when he was 2 and dressed in this little blue suit and one day someone came over and asked when did we take a new picture of Bubba... I laughed but when I looked at the picture he was right! Looked exactly like Bubba!! And Tanner looks alot like Bubba so I guess he takes after my dh too. All my kids have different colored eyes... Ava brown, Bubba bright blue (like mine) and Tanner has grey eyes. They are so pretty, I just love that about them.

Angel, that wrinkle cream sounds great! And I heard the opposite about caffiene, that it is dehydrating and will give you more wrinkles because it pulls the moisture out of your skin. Oh the wonderful world of conflicting information huh? No expert can ever agree on anything, LOL! Hope you get the nordic track in! Is that a elliptical machine?

Deana your date sounds like fun!!! I hope we can get out and do something fun today too. My ds wants to go fishing... so maybe that. And enjoy your empty house tonight!! I'm envious!

Crystal, I hope your dh continues to feel better! Have a great day!

Well I have to go, dh is bugging me! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 10:18 AM   #8  
**Kristin**

Good Morning !! Today is starting way better than the last couple of days . Sorry IW as soo whiney yesterday. Iwas just really overwhelmed. I even missed my QOTD darn it !!! dh comes home today and I am trying to get the house in order so we can just enjoy the weekend, there is lots to do in the yard, so that is probably what we will be doing !!! I bet you won't hear a peep from me until monday...after he gets home tonight, that is!
QOTD: Sydney is a mini me. She looks exactly like me, only her eyes are a beautiful gray/blue. Mine are green. Her hair, her teeth, nose everything, is just me! the only thing that makes her look like dh is her face shape, and her butt ! They both have a cutest butts !!!

Crystal - I hope everything gets straightened out about the living situation. I'm sure you guys will get it figured out, it just takes time !! Thats funny that you have a "milk man's child" Adam looks nothing like his family too! haha! that is a good thing, trust me!

Spryng - that is so nice that dh came home so early, how nice to snuggle! Have fun fishing, we are going too this weekend, early sat morning - I think !

Angel - glad the wrinkle cream is working well I've heard the conflicting stories about caffeine too ! I stay away from it all the time because I bounce off the walls if I have too much and then when I don't have it, I get BAD headaches, like I am having withdrawls! haha!

Deana - I love BBQ sauce too, I have a really good tangy recipe for it...it is my dh's favorite!!!! I hear ya about the male fashion thing, I dress my dh usually! he always asked "what am I wearing?"

Hi Jill what are you doing today?

Penny - Glad that you are feeling so positive about your weight loss now ! THat is awesome that you are setting goals and getting on track for yourself! What are you planning for the weekend. Let us know about the tonsil consult. I remember you saying that you have one, just cant' remember when he goes in...sorry...morning brain!!!

MIchelle - Lets see some more pics of little Yugi !!!! I know this is a bit late, but I was havinga horrible time so I missed it, but I wanted to tell you happy anniversary and I hope that you guys had a great evening !!!

Jaymi - think your preg? what? sheeesh, is it in the water?????

Hi Geri, where are you ???

hey to Ricci !!!!

Mel - I'm so sorry to hear about bugga !!!! we were in the same boat I tell ya ! I hope he is feeling better....sydney is 100% normal today and her blood work was all fine. I will be here girl if you need to talk, childrens pain is so overwhelming !! I'm thinking of ya !

well I think I covered everyone, so I better get off here, and shower and get my kitchen cleaned up, laundry done and the desk organized !!!! and our bedrooms! ugh, lots to do today! well , ttyl !!!!!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 10:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

good Morning gals!!

Needless to say I'm exhausted lol oh well I'll get a nap this afternoon.

Spryng how nice for you that DH crawled into bed with you Have fun

Kristin thanks for the anniversary wishes

Deana Mmmmmm BBQ sauce!! You wonder woman you!

Crystal hows thetummy doin?

QOTD: Well Taylor looks just like I did when I was her age and even smiles just like I did! Teagan looks just like her daddy toehead and all. When Teagan gets tired she gets this blank stare on her face and she looks soooo much like Zhaun then especially!!

Ok girls I've got cleaning to do! I'll talk to you later!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 11:15 AM   #10  

Good Morning! Well QOTD : Well, it's amazing how the gene pool works. I don't think the kids look too much like either of us. But when people ask, I say they look like dh. It depends on the day when I see other relatives in each of them. Their expression for instance remind me of other relatives or mannerisms that they do. Abigail at 3 months old looked EXACTLY like my MIL at 3 months. We put two pictures side by side and were amazed. you would have thought it was the same kid without blinking an eye! People tell me Bugga looks like me and Abigail looks like dh. Some people say that don't know dh that Abigail is a spitting image of me. I guess they just look like them and each other. Know mistaking them for anyone else.

Kristin, I am glad Syd is feeling better. Thanks for your kind words as well.

The rest of you thank you as well for your kinds words regarding bugga. I am still PO'd and hurting for him. I feel like shaking someone. I will contact NOCIRC today and see what they say. It's an organization about Intact ...uncircumsized babies/children/adults. My dh IS circumsized. Our point in not doing it for him started with him being preemie and being put through enough already. We stood outside a door in the NICU at the hospital where one was being done and wanted to THROW UP. YOu've never heard a child screech in pain like that EVER until you've heard this. Before this we were on the Fence about the procedure. We did alot of research about it and decided that God put the skin there for a reason and that's where it should stay. Not that I have any problem with people who do it. IT's there choice. I just feel that it should be the child's choice as an adult if that's what they want. BUt the problem is most people don't know how to care for it. They think you are supposed to pull the skin back to clean it. You are not! The glad releases it's own "cleaner" and cleans itself. ANyway, enough about this. I just thought I'd mention it. It's on my mind today still. Just angry that someone hurt my little boy. We Italians don't like to be messed with ya know?

Spryng, Glad you got a surprise visit from DH. I know you enjoyed the company. DOn't worry about the 2lbs, it'l be gone by Monday! I'm sure it's bloating.

Penny, where are you? Wanted to ask you since we both had a rough start here if we should extend our goal date and get back on full track Monday am. Maybe add 2 weeks or something. I just think we will try to hard to get to the 10lb goal by the 8th and burn out. LMK

Michelle, hope you get a nap in today.

Deana, have a great day!

Crystal, glad you at least got a six hour sleep without interuption. You needed it after being upset last night.

Angel, hope you have a nice day. Glad you found a cream that works for you.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:13 PM   #11  
SAHM of 3

Mel, did I say 6 hours without interruption??? No, no, no, Andrew kept me up for almost 2 hours and Ally got up twice. There were plenty of interruptions. I just snuck in 30 minutes a few minutes ago, so maybe that will get me through the rest of the day.
I've got research to do on the net.
TTYL
Old 09-10-2004, 12:13 PM   #12  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone, I maintained! Well I guess I was somewhat excited since I didn't gain but I really wanted to lose at least another half pound but today is the day I measure so that may be where I see some loss. I sure hope so cause seeing the same number on the scale is somewhat discouraging even though I know it could be so much worse. Anyway I will be getting my house in order today for the get together tomorrow so I hope I can get a lot done. I know Cindi wants to do a flylady challenge so anyone else who is up for it just jump in!

Angle not sure if you read the posts from later last night but I am totally for doing a challenge for the next 10 pounds. Read last nights posts and tell me what you think.

Cindi I will be back around 12:30 Central to clean so if you are still up for it I will IM you when I get home!

Spryng YAY your dh is home!! I guess we won't be hearing much from you this weekend! LOL Hope you have fun, don't worry about the pounds you are dedicated and they will come off!

Penny so how and what are you doing today? Let me know how you liked that game!!

Michelle you have to work so much lately!! I miss you! You need to come back and have late night chats with all of us again!

Mel sorry you are still so upset let us know how that phone call turns out. I hope you can find some peace of mind. How did bugga do last night?

Kristin glad your day is starting out better, glad syd is doing good. Have fun with the dh this weekend!!!

Crystal hope dh starts feeling better soon I know how men act when they aren't feeling well and it's not pretty! LOL

Deana a night alone!!??? Wow enjoy yourself!!

Ok I need to get ready for the gym and get my butt in gear! I am going to go measure and see what's up, I may weigh again too since I usually see a loss after I have woken up and gotten around a little, maybe it's just wishful thinking! TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:20 PM   #13  
**Kristin**

treal quick I forgot to mention to Michelle that I would totally be into a gift/friendship exchange! I forgot to tell her earlier and wanted to before I forgot again! Okay back to cleaning...see you ladies at dd's nap time !
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:54 PM   #14  

CRYSTAL. you poor thing, I'm sorry, I read through so fast this morning, and I am still upset from yesterday.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 01:24 PM   #15  
SAHM of 3

Mel, I can only imagine about your ordeal yesterday. Are you looking into filing a claim against that nurse? Can you file a complaint against an individual or does it have to be the whole practice? That may be what you're looking into anyways.
Okay, Andrew is fixing to eat lunch, then we've got to go clean my mom's house and run a few other errands.
Hope everyone is doing well.
TTYL