South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 10:44 AM   #1  
yaya9577

Exclamation Help!!!

I have been Off-Plan for 3 days now... I was feeling so good and I had to screw up. I guess part of the reason is that I'm really nervous about the breast mass thing they found and the Ultrasound tomorrow, but I need to make that NOT be an excuse. DH has been off since last week and I guess I just decided to follow suite. I haven't done massive damage, but I did gain 2 of the 7 back. I really had to just confess. I want to be on this plan. I want to make it work, so if anyone has any motivational ideas...please send them along!!!

**Another bad thing...DH birthday is today and he wants to go out to eat tonight PLUS his family is taking us to his favorite mexican buffet on Saturday!!! Should I postpone SB until Sunday? I dont want to do that, but yet, I just dont know what to do!!
Old 09-09-2004, 11:10 AM   #2  

No, don't postpone! You can totally do this! Go somewhere that is SBD friendly, or at least get something that is not as horrendous as other things. How abt a steakhouse? You can avoid the bread and potatoes and get salad and veggies. Try to make the SBD brownies for DH's bday instead of bday cake, or get a teeny very pretty cake and have only a sliver. Definitely go to the Mexican buffet with his family, but stick grilled chicken, salsa, with some shredded lettuce, refried beans, tomatoes, salsa. Just avoid the rice and tortillas. I love Mexican food all mixed together with some spicy salsa. (Again, I just want to reiterate how I wish there was a smiley face with a big Mexican hat) You shouldn't be avoiding family gatherings because of SBD. You can still enjoy your family and eat healthily.

You can do this! And I am sending lots of good vibes for your ultrasound tomorrow.
In fact, use it as a reason to live healthier as a whole. No one can fault you for accessing your health more closely as a result of a scare like this. You can do it!
Old 09-09-2004, 11:18 AM   #3  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

First, good luck with your ultrasound tomorrow!!!! Please let us know how it goes.

I would say, YES! You can do this!!! But, I know about real life too. If you think you would be more successful and could really, really, do it starting Sun. then maybe that's the best approach? But you will be SO proud of yourself if you get through it all and stay OP.

Hang in there!!

Lauren
Old 09-09-2004, 11:21 AM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I would NOT postpone, unless your heart is not into it at this point. I found that, like in most things in life like smoking, you can't do something successfully unless you are committed to it.

I would go out to dinner tonight to a steakhouse and get a steak with 2 veggies rather than a potato. Or go to Ruby Tuesday's and order off their yummy menu and even do the cheesecake if you want (if you are on PH2?). It's important not to cheat at all on those first 2 weeks. It's harder for some, but if you have your eye on the prize, you can totally do it!

I love Mexican and eat it often. I usually get fajitas and just eat the meat and veggies with the sides (even the sour cream and guacamole) and just get double black beans instead of rice. Or, I get a shrimp dish with veggies or something similar. It's not all enchiladas you know! I've never been to a Mexican buffet, but just avoid flour tortillas, the chips and rice and you are golden! Meat and veggies galore will fill you!

You can do this. I know you can. But you just have to want to, and want to badly enough!

Good luck with the ultrasound and let us know how it goes.

Last edited by jenne1017; 09-09-2004 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:56 AM   #5  

My son LOVES Pancho's Mexican buffet but they don't really have any healthy choices so I haven't been back since I started SBD. It is much easier for me to go to a non-buffet Mexican restaurant where I can get something that is not smothered in fattening cheese and wrapped in tortillas. Maybe your buffet is healthier than ours but if not, you might suggest somewhere else.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:32 PM   #6  
yaya9577

Thank you everyone for your advice and since I am (or supposed to be) on phase 1 I dont want to be cheating. The mexican buffet is not healthy at all, but there may be a few things I could have that would fairly close to OP. I really dont want to avoid going, because it is my hubby's fave place and being his birthday and all, I wont ruin it for him. We hardley ever go there anyhow. As for dinner tonight, that wont or shouldnt be too big of a deal (hopefully). We'll see. Thanks again.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:59 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Yaya, first of all, I think falling off under this amount of stress is totally understandable. I'll be praying that all goes very well for you tomorrow, okay?

Still, knowing that you have a lot going on, you need to be healthy to face it...so jump back on and start over. To make Phase 1 really work, you need to start back at the beginning (yes, that sucks, but you really do). Do the full two weeks, starting now, and don't let anything stop you. Either make healthy choices at the buffet, or eat earlier and bring something with you that you can eat. I love having a diet soda with lime in it at Mexican restaurants. Not a margarita, by far, but still really good! Don't forget to ask if you can get something special. Some restaurants with buffets still offer their regular menu. Can you order fajitas off the menu and just ask for them with no tortillas or rice?

You CAN do this, girl!

We're here for you!
Old 09-09-2004, 02:34 PM   #8  

I don't think you should postpone either cause you have to learn how to go out to eat on this plan if you are gonna stick to it. This is a plan to stay on for the rest of your life, and you have to learn how to deal with social situations.
Closed Thread