Old 09-09-2004, 07:29 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post SAHM's #241 Thursday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy for 2 yrs., who is 27. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 07:46 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Happy Thursday

First of all, Jill, I thought I told you happy, happy anniversary yesterday, but in case I didn't, I wanted to. You stop taking that med if it's making you feel funny. Too many weird stories about all sorts of medicines. I'm not one to take it unless it's herbal anyway.

Spryng, don't you dare feel guilty. But you have made me want mexican food sooooo badly now. You hardly ever splurge like that. What time is your appt? Have you decided what you're gonna do after this?

Penny, so glad you liked the doc. And I have read that and heard that, that take it slow and do one thing at a time. It makes alot of since and I so hope it works for you. School was more terrible because of Andrew so I'm gonna wait until he naps for sure, no matter what time it is. I think the ants are out of their room for sure.

Angel, thanks for putting that info up from Oprah's show. I only eat a few of those superfoods, what does that mean? LOL!!!

Hello to everyone else, Michelle, Deana, Leigh (where are you?), Jaymi, Cindi and everyone else ou there. I hope you all had a great night and continue to have a great day.

I just saw the new path for Hurricane Ivan...not good. I was sort of hoping it would miss Florida, not that I wanted it to hit anyone else, but geez poor Florida.
Okay I slept for 6 1/2 hours with interruptions. I went to bed right after 1000 and Andrew woke up at 1130, I gave him a bottle and he and I both went back to sleep. I woke up at 215 to go potty and then Andrew woke up, didn't want a bottle but I tried. He came back in there and dh was sleeping in the livingroom because he's sick so I tried to put Andrew in the bed with me, then Ally got up to go potty, that screwed up Andrew, then he wanted to go back to his bed and I tried that again, he came back in there with me, finally we both fell asleep around 330 and I woke up at 515 and put him in his bed and slept until 610. So...there it was. Dh is staying home sick today, I think it's allergies but I don't think he slept at all last night. He's terrible and it's hitting Andrew again because he coughed all night. So we'll stay home and try to get all these sick folks well. It will throw me off of routine, but oh well.
My mom and sister got into it again last night about my sister having so many kids. My mom wants her to stop, but she's more than happy and believes that she's doing what God wants her to do so she just wants my mom to accept that and support it, but she can't. I know how most people think, but even though I'm happy with this one being my last, I know my sister and she is happy and doing what she believes God put her here for so I'm happy for her and say more power to her, but my mom can't accept that. They go through this with like all the pregnancies. They don't ever get into it about anything but this. Now I know when I talk to my mom she's gonna be all moody and she'll bring it up to me but I'm always on my sister's side. Just thought I'd share.
Since dh is sick we haven't talked about our next plan about our housing situation, so I'm anxious for him to get better so we can. His g-ma which is the owner and president of the compnay they are closing after 10 years told him that their letting his truck go back, it's a company truck, but they have his old work truck that's paid off and they are giving it to him. I tell you this will be the first time dh has really had to live in reality, his grandparents have ALWAYS made things as easy on him as they could and even though he'd gripe about working with them, there were GREAT benefits. Like our medical insurance, they paid for me totally and about 90% of him and the kids. Now we've got to deal with not having any. It's going to be weird and hard, but I don't mind dealing with it, but dh doesn't always seem to live in reality so I'm not sure how he's going to deal with it.
I'm just blabbing, but I've got to get off and prepare schoolwork.
I'll talk to ya later.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

I slept really good last night but now I feel terrible. Woke up at 7 am so nausous and felt bad. Guess it's last night catching up with me. Or maybe I'm too nervous about my appointment.. not sure which one, lol. I'm starting to feel a little better after hitting the bathroom a few times already this morning (sorry TMI!!) and I hope it passes soon. I'm sore from my workout yesterday afternoon too.
So today I wanted to get some housework done before I left. I have an hour and a 1/2 to drive to my doctor so I have to have the kids at my SIL by 1 pm (my appointment is 2:45) so I'll eat a light breakfast (if my stomach settles down) and a light lunch before I go.

Crystal, thanks for you kind words! You are right... I don't do that to myself everyday so I'm sure no lasting damage (even though the scale is WAY up today, lol, but mexican is full of sodium) And I can't believe your mother would actually tell your sister to stop having kids! It isn't her choice. When my MIL heard I was getting this IUD out she told me to get in and get my tubes tied. I told her first of all I can't afford it (I'm paying out of pocket for everything right now) and second I wasn't ready for permanent BC. I'm still so young and maybe I'd want another one in a few years. She didn't like that answer. She said we couldn't afford another one... yeah well we are much better off then when we got pregnant with our first! Is anyone ever really ready for a baby?? not really... you just make room in your life and rearrange priorities. So whether you have one or 8 doesn't really make a difference, our hearts definitely have room for all the extra love and the rest falls into place. So I say, if she wants a dozen kids then go for it! (as long as her body can handle it) If I could get away with it I would have 5 kids at least! Oh and yeah we decided to try condoms for awhile... if dh gets a 9-5 job I'll look into something more efficient but since he's only home for 4 days a month I think condoms will work great for now but I'm going to discuss it with my doc and see what she thinks.

Ok, gonna get off here!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Spryng definately don't feel guilty you know that you don't "splurge" everyday and you deserve a treat along with an enjoyable night with DH. I hope the condoms work for you guys as well! Have you looked into the birthcontrol patch? How bout spermicides? I myself am allergic to the spermicides but I would use the patch if I weren't so sensitive to hormones. Let us know how the doctors appt goes.

Crystal so sorry your night was filled with interruptions Hopefully you can get a good nights sleep in tonight.

Leigh, I hope all is well with you, we didn't hear from you but once yesterday and I was beginning to get worried.

Penny I think what your doctor said sounds great, take it One Day at a Time. You'll get there soon girl!! I'm lucky since my insurance covers meds, I only pay 5 dollars a month for my phentermine. 20 dollars a month for my meridia, not too bad

Jill how you doin girly??

Kristen hope you are well!

Geri, can't wait til you get back!! I wanna hear all about the trip!!

Well I'm off to start the day!

Love to all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:50 AM   #5  
Walking away the weight

Hi all just a fly by to let ya'll know I'm okay. I will do a more personal post later today when I have a bit more time. Things have been very busy around here and looks like today will be too . . . guess it's just DH being home and throwing spontaneous social plans into the mix of things (how dare he??? LOL!). Okay, TTYL.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Hi Leigh!! I hope you have a great day!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:13 AM   #7  

Morning Everyone. Crystal, I hate when people butt in about something that's not really their business. Personally, I wouldn't want to keep having children like your sister, but if thats what she wants to do, that her business. I know you mother is trying to help her, but I'm sure it just causes tension between everyone. She doesn't need the extra stress especially being pregnant. Prayers are with her. Question: What is a good little school activity I can do with Bugga...He'll be two. Just a small 15 minute thing. With abigail, I worked with her all the time, but she was so darn smart. With Patrick, it's not so easy. The attention span isn't nearly the same, nor the want to. I don't want to "school" him, just want to give him a game / fun thing that will teach him something...any ideas? Thanks

Spryng, I'm with everyone else here, NO FEELING GUILTY. If anyone on this thread deserves to spluge it's YOU babe!!!

Michelle, good morning and thanks for adding me to you swap!

Morning Leigh!! What r your plans today? Hope you and the little guy have a good one.

Well, today was Abigail's first day back at school. She was hesitant. First day backs are hard. SHe was kind of in her little shy shell when I left. I'm sure she was fine after 5 minutes though. She did like it that daddy came with us for the first day. Bugga was funny though, he said "where's Abba" when we left. I guess he wanted to know why we left her there. He loves that sister! He calls her Abba...so cute!

It's my day for the QOTD. Been trying to think of a good one, but I'm not good a this. This just came to me when talking to a friend...

Did you watch "A BABY STORY" when you were pregnant?

Answer: I was Addicted! I watched and cried after each baby was born. I was so sick and couldn't get up for months, so if I had energy enought to watch I did.

Have a good day all. I'll let everyone know how we make out with the little guy later.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:21 AM   #8  
SAHM of 3

QOTD: I never liked A Baby Story. I did watch something about the deliveries on one of those channels, but it was just the delivery of the babies. They were all so different and some of the time I shouldn't have watched them while pregnant, but I did.

Mel, I don't know that I would do anything with your son if he seems like he doesn't want to. He's not only two, he's got plenty of time to learn things. With Ally, and she's 3, I just let her color letter pages and number pages sometimes color and shape pages. We don't make a big fuss and she's always pleased to just color them, but I look at it as though she sees this letter or number or whatever and somewhere in her mind, she'll remember.
I learned after doing Alisa in preschool that it doesn't really matter until they are 3 or 4 depending on their level. In fact, if he doesn't seem interested and doesn't want to do anything it could make him "sour" to school. But of course, once a week if you sit down with him and he thinks he's doing something really important even if it's coloring, that will make him happy.
Those are just my opinions.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

Mel, that is so funny! Yes I watched a Baby Story everyday and I still do!! LOL! It comes on at 8 am here (and again in the afternoon) so I watch it still, lol. I love pregnant women and giving birth and they are all so different. Great question! Of course I was also one of those women who had every baby book and magazine and overloaded myself with info, not to mention message boards on the net, lol. A good activity with Bugga.. hmmm.. how about one of those toddler leap frogs thingies?? My kids loved those... Bubba is much different than Ava too. She can sit and learn all day but Bubba doesn't want to nor does he have the attention span either. But that boy can play my gamecube for hours if I let him so I bought one of those V-tec machines (at walmart) that hooks to the front of your tv and has cartridges... so it's like a video game but with learning! He suprised me by how much he already knew! So I went and let him pick out another cartridge (he chose care bears, lol) but it's all about learning and you can't complete a level unless you learn something so I thought since he won't sit down with me and learn that is the next best thing. Also, they learn through cartoons... like dora and blues clues and the wiggles... you will be suprised by how much they already know, believe me. Hope I was some help. Also, I taught Bubba his colors by being sneaky.. he would never sit so I could go over his colors with him so I bought him those big lego blocks and got in the floor and "played" with him, I'd say ok, lets make a truck... I need a purple block! And he would go searching for the perfect purple block, etc... he learned all his colors that way, lol. And he never knew he was learning, he just thought mommy was playing with him.

Kristin, I worried about you! How is Sydney!!!?? I hope everything came out ok at the docs. Let us know ok?

Leigh, I figured you were busy with DH... have fun!!

Michelle, I did look into all those BC options... the ones I'm really interested in are the nuvaring and seasonale bc pill. I heard the nuvaring is only like 30 bucks a month so I'll ask my doc about it but seasonale is much much more expensive. But as soon as I get insurance that is the one I want. Right now though I think we'll just use condoms... I know I can be responisble with them. When we used them before (several years ago) we were very young and only had one kid so another one wasn't a big deal so we hit and missed with them (and then came Bubba, lol) but now I know we don't need another baby right now, I'm just now getting my body back to where it needs to be and I want to focus on me for awhile so I will be responsible about them... but if my doc thinks I should do something else well then I'll consider that too. So what do you have planned for today??

Ok, I need to get in the shower and start getting around. I'm feeling much better now so it must have been the food last night, dh called and was feeling bad too so it had to be the food. But I'm better now... I'm sure nerves will be an issue later, lol.
Ok, TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:57 AM   #10  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Hey everyone! Spryng I am right along there with you feeling yucky! My face feels puffy from all the salt and my stomach isn't feeling too good either. I hate waking up feeling like this! I'm just glad I didn't eat more.

QOTD yes! I watched a baby story all the time! I would always cry too and I had every book ever made or magazine. I gave them all to my cousin the other day and I think she is getting good use out of them. I think it was very handy to watch those shows and to read a lot because I was never really surprised at anything that was happening to my body because I had either seen it or read it. So anyways yes I watched it everyday!!

Well today is shopping and errand day and I have more to do that usual so I am going to leave the baby at my moms so I can actually get done what I need. Usually I'll just take Bayley but if we have a lot of errands I tend to cut them short because she is sick of being in her carseat and then I have to run out on another day and I don't like doing that. Flylady was right to tell you to get it all done on one day cause it makes it SO much easier.

Crystal yucky night! Sorry about that, maybe a nap later today? I know how being pregnant makes it even worse to be tired. I hope you find some time to nap.

Spryng good luck at your appointment, I'm sure it will all be fine! Let us know how your doctor reacts to you weight loss!

Hi Michelle! Thanks for the pretty HAPPY ANNIVERSARY sign last night! That was cool! What are you up to today? How is Yugi?

Leigh I figured you were hanging with dh. Don't forget about us! J/K Does dh have to leave soon to cover the hurricane again? I can't believe they think it IS heading to FL again!!! That is so scary! I hope it downgrades soon though, a category 5!!! SCARY!

Mel good luck with Patrick today, I hope he is good for the bloodwork. I don't envy you though! What else will they do to try and figure out the sleep issue? How long for the results of the blood test? Keep us posted.

Ok need to get me and the baby ready for the gym. I'll TTYL!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:14 PM   #11  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

BTW Ron and I usually don't exchange gifts for our anniversary because we like to just go out and spend time together but he brought me home a dozen red roses yesterday! I thought it was so sweet! They are so pretty too! They are in a vase on my kitchen table. Anyway I just thought I would share because I was pretty excited!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:15 PM   #12  

Height: 5 foot

Hello Everyone! Right now I am craving chocolate iced donuts from Krispy Kreme, and I just want to eat them until I get sick… or… a big burger from Wendys! With Fries! Ok.. So my diet is going well, just making me hungry I guess. All that chicken salad, and f/f potato salad, and lettuce… is making me hungry. Of course I eat meat..(Salmon) and chicken etc. and veggie baked beans (my favorite) and fruits up that kazoo.. I’m still hungry.. Or maybe I’m hungry right now because all I ate was an apple.. Hmmm. I’m a big dummy! I just havent exercised. That’s my downfall.. I’m so freakin tired though.. Bad…. I just can’t be Prego…I can’t be! Sore breast and exhaustion has to be a sign for something else… I think it’s the BC… but unlike Spryng…. I just can’t get off… That’s how I ended up with Jariel. Condoms work for a while.. But my hubby hates them… seems more than he hates having other kids which he really hates.. So I don’t know….

Penny~ Thanks for the coupons! I used one the day I got them.. I was actually on my way to buy some.. It really helped! Great news about your doc! If only I could go to her too! I’m happy for you! How is the phentermine working?

Crystal- How many kids does your sister have? I have family members like that. My husbands grandmother had 5 kids… but is quick to tell me to have my tubes tied! And my grandmother thinks 1 is enough.. And 0 is better! She is something else too. My parents get disappointed every time they hear I’m pregnant.. Married or not… but are happy to have grandchildren…( I don’t get it!) If I could.. I’d have a million too! But my dh wants like 0 !

Spryng- I like Core.. But it seems like it’s harder to cheat… I’m not sure. If I exercise everyday.. I can save my points.. But I don’t! But I feel like just one meal like that won’t hurt you.. You deserve it anyways… except the feeling sick part! Those pts seem to fly away.. Right now.. I have no idea how many I have! But.. I’m just moving right along! Spryng, If I wasn’t have BC problems right now… I wish I could help! Do you want anymore kids? Have you thought about the shot or the patch? My body is just in rebellion right now.. But the patch is really easy. I usually put it on my butt and my abdomen. When I get lazy I put it on my arm.. But that itches a little.

QOTD- I watched a show on discovery health about a woman who was pregnant with twins for her sister the other night and cried and cried!!! I don’t even know how it ended… I changed the channel when dh came in.. he would have been like… why the heck are you watching that! I watched it during my pregnancy as much as I did the Golden Girls! Which was like.. .every single day.

Ok, Mel, Leigh, Michelle, Jill (Happy Belated Anniversary), and Lord knows who else I missed. I hope you all are having a blessed day!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:18 PM   #13  
SAHM of 3

Jaymi, my sister is fixing to have her 8th. But she can spit those things out like it's nothing. I really believe she was really made for this. She is her own person with her own beliefs and my mom should respect and accept that.
You sound like me...I love the Golden Girls. Used to watch them all the time. I think I started seeing the same ones over and over and over again.

While pregnant with Alisa and Ally I read the What to Expect When Expecting book like a bible. I would read it over and over and then refer to it whenever I needed. I don't get into the magazines and other books, because there's so much that I don't agree with so it's no use to read some of them. Besides, I had my sister to refer to, LOL!!!

Okay, we finished school and it went much much smoother. I'm finishing lunch and then cleaning the kitchen. Got research to do on the net and spend some time with the kids outside.
Hope everyone is having a great day. TTYL
Old 09-09-2004, 01:48 PM   #14  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

HI Ladies...

I am running around but I wanted to tell everyone a big HI!

Hope you are all having a wonderful day

Spryng,
Good luck at the dr
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:51 PM   #15  
**Kristin**

Hi there guys. Sorry to be MIA lat night and today. Yesterday afternoon was awful. Sydney went to the doctor and they decided that they wanted to do a blood work up to make sure that she didn't have mono, or meningitis. Well luck would have it that the first arm they stuck her in wasn't working, because she jerked her arm So they had to do do it in the other arm I was about in tears holding her down, trying to tell her to be brave and not move. Needless to say, it sucked. And now her little arms are bruised !!! So all last night she was awful because she "couldn't" move her arms, and kept saying her arms were acky, and that they were broken. She FINALLY fell asleep at 11:30PM. Then after that she woke up perfectly fine this morning !! So we went to pre-school and everything, then when we got home, Koby jumped on her and scratched all the way down her arm and she was crying for like 2 hours. She just now went down for a nap and I am exhausted physically and emotionally ! Sorry to complain, but I figure, what are friends for? and I am starting to miss dh alot.....my house is cleaner, , but we miss him and Sydney especially. So pity party, table for one!!!!!! haha, hope you all are having a better day than me! I hope maybe we will be on track tomorrow and have a better day !!! I will be back later tonight to get personal, after Sydney gets to bed.
Okay, I want to take a a little nap and finish the laundry !!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote