Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 09:08 AM   #1  

Question QUEST for low point chocolate treats

OK, I admit to being a total chocoholic....
So, guys, what are the BEST chocolate low point items you can recommend. I regained a bit of weight recently, some from being on vacation and going overboard, but I recognize my "warning signs" and boredom is setting in with the "same old stuff" and I need some chocolate to "save me" from gaining weight back.
So, packaged, frozen, recipes, anything guys..... just need to be low point and yummy to satisfy the chocoholics of the world!
Linda in foggy, humid NH
Old 08-20-2004, 09:56 AM   #2  

Linda - May you and your sweet tooth enjoy!

Can't eat beef....... .....mad cow
Can't eat fish....... .......mercury
Can't eat chicken...... .......bird flu
Can't eat eggs.... ....cholesterol
Can't eat pork....... ........bacteria
Can't eat fruit ...... ......insecticides
Can't eat vegetables..... ......herbicides

Now, the way I see it; that only leaves

CHOCOLATE

#1 Favorite – Edy’s Grand Lite Chocolate Ice Cream… Mmmmm… Just have to try to beat DH to it!

Here are a few recipes I have collected. You should also check out, http://p087.************/fdottisweightlosszonefrm84 Lots of yummy chocolate recipes.

chocolate layer cake

From the kitchen of JENSIERRA

servings | 12
estimated POINTS per serving | 2
course | Cakes

Ingredients
1cup +2tbls flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1tsp espresso powder or instant coffee granules
1tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
1/4tsp salt
2tbls +2 tsp reduced calorie tub margarine
1/4cup +2tlbs granulated sugar
1 egg
1tsp vanilla
1cup fat free buttermilk
1/2cup spreadable fruit
1tbls confectioners sugar

Instructions
1.preheat oven to 350 F, spray two 8" square baking pans with nonstick cooking spray.

2.In small bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt
3. In a med. bowl, cream the granulated sugar and margarine on high w/mixer; add the egg and vanilla, beating until smooth. Gradually beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, until the batter is smooth. Divide the batter between the pans. Bake until a toothpick insterted in center comes out clean. 15-20mins Cool completely in the pans on a rack. Insert a sharp knife around edges of each pan; remove the cakes from the pans. Transfer 1 cake to a plaller, flat-side up.

4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, melt the spreadable fruit 2-3min. Brush 1/4cup of the spreadable fruit on top of the cake on the platter; top with the other cake; brush with the remaining spreadable fruit. Sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar.

Chocolate-Cinnamon Quesadillas

POINTS® value | 3
Servings | 2
Preparation Time | 5 min
Cooking Time | 4 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy

Ingredients

2 Tbsp semisweet chocolate, grated or chopped (about 3/4 oz)
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 medium flour tortilla(s), 6-inch, plain or whole wheat
1 tsp powdered sugar

Instructions

Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of chocolate, 1/2 tablespoon of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon over half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half to cover ingredients.

Set quesadillas in a dry skillet and cook over medium heat until speckled with brown spots on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon of powdered sugar; serve. Yields 1 quesadilla per serving.

Diet Coke Brownies

One box Devil's Food or Chocolate Cake Mix
10-12 oz. Diet Coke

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Mix the above ingredients (must use at least 10 oz. of soda) depending on the consistency that you want the batter to be. Pour and spread out evenly into pan and bake about 30 min. or until you touch it and it comes back. Let cool completely before you slice it.

Makes 24 servings @ 2 points each

I've also done the same recipe and have made 24 mini choc. muffins at 2 pt. each

Oreo Fluff
6 servings
3 points each

1 small package sugar free instant pudding (chocolate or white
chocolate)
1 12 oz fat free Cool Whip
4 reduced fat Oreo's (crushed) reserve some crumbs for top

Mix all, top with reserved crumbs, freeze, You mix the dry pudding
powder with the other ingredients, reserving a few Oreo crumbs for
garnish

Turtle Pie
Serves 8
Ingredients
6 oz graham cracker pie crust 4 oz sugar free chocolate pudding mix
1 ½ cup skim milk - blend well ¼ cup cool whip - mix into pudding
2 tbsp chopped pecans 1 tbsp caramel sauce
1 tbsp miniature chocolate chips
Pour in mixture into crust. Spread 1 cup cool whip over top and sprinkle 1 tbsp
miniature chocolate chips and top with 2 tbsp chopped pecans. Chill at least 30 min.
Just before serving, drizzle 1 tbsp caramel sauce over it.
Serving Size: 1/8th of Pie

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

2 Points Per Serving

Cooking spray
1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed skim milk
1 (12 ounce) package reduced fat semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup reduced fat chunky peanut butter
1 tablespoon light-colored corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

- Line an 8 inch square baking pan with foil, and coat foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine milk and next 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan; cook over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mixture into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Lift foil from pan and turn fudge out onto a cutting board.
- Cut into 36 squares.
- Store between layers of wax paper in an airtight container in refrigerator.

Yield: 36 servings.

Black Forest Dump Cake

Estimated Points: 6

1 package dry mix chocolate cake
16 oz. can of lite cherry pie filling
8 0z. crushed pineapple in it own juice, drained
8 tbsp. light butter, sliced into pieces

Drain Pineapple

Spread pie filling on bottom of a 9x13 inch pan and layer pineapple over it. Sprinkle dry cake mix over pineapple. Cut margarine into slices and place evenly over the top of cake mix. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:55 AM   #3  

Thanks Melanie, I will try some of your suggestions!
I am dying for chocolate lately, think I could survive on just that - just like in your "poem"!
Linda
Old 08-31-2004, 06:05 AM   #4  

Thanks!!!
I am a big time chocoholic and printed this psge out for my recipe box!!!
Tara
Old 08-31-2004, 09:55 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

mmm DH and I are hitting the grocery tommorrow I WANT THOSE BROWNIES!
Old 08-31-2004, 11:37 AM   #6  

Hi guys!
I am trying the new "core" program that weight watchers is offering, it's making chocolate more and more hard to have without blowing my points allowance for the entire week.
I did find something "interesting".... not as decadent but still filling and gets that taste!
Make a parfait out of sugar free, fat free chocolate pudding, plain yogurt mixed with a bit of Splenda and vanilla as well as strawberries, pineapple, etc. If you want to use a few points, add come cool whip and a few mini chocolate chips and enjoy!
Not bad at all!
Linda
Old 08-31-2004, 12:18 PM   #7  

Talking

Hi

I'm new, so please bear with me...Keebler has some great 1 pt cookies called Chips Deluxe Carb Sensible. Peanut butter, chocolate chip, and to die for Chocolate Chocolate Chip...which taste just like brownies. They are individually wrapped - 10 to a box. Everyone in my WW group loves them.

WW for 17 weeks.
Starting weight - 234.4
Current weight - 207.2
Goal weight - 135
Old 09-01-2004, 01:50 PM   #8  

Red face

I'm new to this forum too.

When I saw your question I just had to share this - the best chocolate 'fix' I've found is Nestle Eurpean Chocolate Mousse Mixes. There are 3 or 4 flavors like dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and a couple others. You can find the mix in the baking aisle of the grocery. A whole box makes four servings and is only 1 point per serving! I've checked the points multiple times because I could just never believe that it was right. And it's so easy - all you do is mix in low-fat milk and chill. It's a great dessert especially if you add some light whipped cream and a few strawberries.

This is my first week back at WW after a 3 year 'vacation'. First weigh in tomorrow night.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:57 PM   #9  
Cowboy Up Chick

Personally I find a nice expensive piece (about 1"x1" square) of dark chocolate for 2 points is really satisifying and cures any 'craving' I have for it.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Somethings to try:

FF frozen chocolate fudgsicles bar (microwave 10 sec) or leave out until mooshy.
Mixed with ff cool whip & sprinkle on some nuts if you can spare the points.

2 graham chocolate waffers filled with ff cool whip (freeze them)

Also just a few baking "chocolate chips" to suck on. I find this helps.

Chocolate granola bar cut into 4 pieces then microwaved until soft. Squash down abit - makes for "cookies".

Hope this helps!
Old 09-01-2004, 07:42 PM   #11  

Ooooh! You guys are coming up with great ideas! I, of course, could be one to spend my entire flexpoints allowance on chocolate, though I have not!
Now, I did have a "find" today at the grocery store, 2 point chocoloate eclairs!!!! The brand name is Superior and there are five in the clear plastic bakery type package for only $1.99! Items like this are not always all over the country, they might be very local to me - but check in your local grocery for something similar. In this house, we've been big fans of the ww frozen chocolate eclairs for 3 points, but I am really scraping on flexpoints by the end of the day to "afford" 3 points, usually I want two or under point items for my dessert, and I truly save faithfully each day at least 2 points for a dessert, and it usually must be chocolate. On the new core plan, with 35 flex points a week, I dont want any dessert item to go over 2 points, if possible, as I am kind of saving them up for pizza!
At any rate, in the bakery section of my store there are now "mini eclairs" they are about the same shape and size as the ww ones are. I have an extra points finder in my purse, which I whipped out immediately and found these 130 each delites to only be 2 points each, less than the ww brand ones! I checked twice as well, as I wasn't sure that number could really be possible! Of course, I didn't compare the trans fat or that kind of thing in each, but these are truly a point less! So, I bought those, for sure. My daughter, who also goes to ww with me, was thrilled that they are here in the house and only 2 points each!
It will feel like "cheating", but it won't be!!!! Yum! I hope they are good, will let you guys know!
I will be looking for the Euorpean Mouse for sure, sounds excellent!
Linda
Old 09-06-2004, 01:11 PM   #12  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

look at some of the low carb chocolate bars. Z bars have I think 8 grams of fiber and run 3 points for the bar, someone also recomended, although I have not looked for them yet, the carb watcher bars for 2 points. Both can be found at walmart....
Old 09-06-2004, 09:39 PM   #13  
Happy Loser

Pria makes a chocolate energy bar...very good, very chocolately and only 2 points.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:36 PM   #14  

Thanks, and keep those low point chocolate items coming!
Any sugar free chocolate products out there like the Jello pudding that is ff and sf????
I took plain ff yogurt and used my food processor and blended strawberries and Splenda, then I made a parfait out of the sf ff chocolate yogurt and the strawberry mixture - wasn't bad!
Linda in NH
Old 09-08-2004, 06:39 PM   #15  
14 lbs to go!!

MMMMMMM...chocolate.
Closed Thread