Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 02:34 PM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Black And Golden Cows In The Harvest Moonlight

helooooooooooooooooooo you little tubby ghosties---i heard that the cute little hallowe'en candy bars were hitting the stores so i thought i better warn you all to stay awaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy---i bought some hallow's eve decorations today---a tiny black velvet witch hat for miss new brunswick-------adorable!!----first day of school for the kids---i wonder if it's a coincidence that my depression is lifting!!! ahahahahahah

Last edited by Bagzz; 09-07-2004 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:59 PM   #2  
fatter than U

Talking Boo!

Hey Bagzie! I was about ready to run away yesterday too but I feel MUCH better today. Go figure. I take back what I said about other people's kids - the library darlings were adorable. New group and they were actually polite and didn't kick each other and run around like chickens.

Wabby - the parental units are headin' down to Oregon today for a road trip, lucky ducks. I told them to stop by your place for dinner. HA HA HA. Only kidding. Dad wants to drag Mummy to some aviation museum and you can imagine how much she's looking forward to that.

Did Pilates this morning. Probably won't be able to walk tomorrow. House is still a pit but it's getting there. I may get the hang of this by the time I'm 50.
Old 09-07-2004, 04:09 PM   #3  

Oh dear, it's not time for Halloween candy yet, is it?

We did nothing all weekend. Except eat and nap. I got stung by a yellow jacket when I was working in the yard. My arm is all swollen and painful. And yet, I type for you.

Some developer type guy was just here talking to us about selling our property for development. He's been here before. He comes around, making me salivate for a new house, then disappears for 6 months. How would I ever leave my garden? How would DH leave his old barn? And yet, we are greedy, opportunistic types that would love the idea of all new plumbing and wiring.

Sugar, I think I've been to that museum. Is it the one which has the Spruce Goose? Howard Hughes big monster of an airplane? The parents are welcome to stop by for dinner anytime. No guarantee for what's on the menu.

Lush, when you figure out the work dilemma, let me know. I don't mind my job at all when I have someone else working here for me and my showing up is entirely optional. I'd like lots of money so I could go shopping and out to lunch a whole bunch. I liked it when I sold real estate, because that was basically my job, except the part about lots of money.

Last edited by Wabby; 09-07-2004 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:00 PM   #4  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i was on another thread and they gave the addy for the hallowe'en avatars!!! i lovvvvvvved them---wanna go see???go here-----http://www.boomspeed.com/jenr/Halloween.htm
Old 09-07-2004, 10:39 PM   #5  

Who needs Halloween candy bars when there's a mini-bar in the hotel AND 24/7 roomservice? My feet are numb to my hips from walking all over the miracle mile in Chicago... AND the art museum AND the natural history museum. I think tomorrow we're taking the CAR! Mostly I've cut all portions in half and tried to remember to have more fruit and more veggies so I don't wait to fill up on fat, meat, cheese and bread. Except for the last two dinners. Alfredo ravioli one night and deep dish pizza tonight.... But diminished portions.... May all the fat cells end up in Lake Michigan!
Old 09-08-2004, 03:51 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
My arm is all swollen and painful. And yet, I type for you.
You are a true heroine.

Painty, Glad you're having a good time in Chicago. I know what you mean about being numb from all the walking -- when we spent the week in NYC, it was all I could do to keep going after a couple of days. The friends we were with are super-walking crazy people. When they were doing something different than we were, we mostly took public transport -- and didn't feel the slightest bit guilty!

Speaking of NY, the high school music dept is planning a trip in the spring for all the band and chorus students to NYC, and I have signed up to chaperone. Slightly nuts, probably, it will be a real zoo, but who cares. It's NY; one does not pass up NY, even if it has only been a year.

DD got a small part in the school musical and is at the first play practice right now. This is the first time she has tried out for the musical, so she's in for an experience. They work their tushies off on this from what I hear. They put it on in mid-November, so only about 10 weeks to get it all ready. Last year she was on the tech crew because she didn't think she'd have time for the practices. This year she got all her music lessons scheduled for Mondays -- she's taking guitar and voice, plus she's giving 3 guitar lessons (plus the 2 hours of driving~whew!), so's she going to squeeze everything in the world in. Including AP Chemistry.

Horribly, all I can think of is that when I was 16 and a half, I was in the school musical and had my license, so I was allowed to drive myself to the rehearsals. One of the things I used to do was sneak in a visit to my boyfriend when I was done with rehearsal. And one day when I was going to sneak in a visit after I did some grocery shopping for my mom, I had an accident and totalled the car. Aaaaaghhhh!

But DD is so much more level-headed than I was, right? You think I should tell her that story as a cautionary tale? No, probably not.

DH is going sailing for a week and a half with some friends, starting Friday. He's been such a poophead lately, I will have a hard time missing him. Maybe he'll come back with a better attitude, but I'm not holding my breath.

Gotta go cook more stuff. Did I tell you that I did a "Freezer Assets" cooking monstrosity last week? I took on so much cooking that I didn't even finish it in the day I had planned. Then we went away for the weekend and I had to stash some of the stuff in the freezer unfinished, so I have to go make meatballs now. This is all Lush's fault.

How's the job going, Peach?

Kiwi

Old 09-08-2004, 07:08 PM   #7  

When I went to Seattle w/ my friends for the garden show we walked until I had blisters. Everything in Seattle is at the top of a very steep hill. And when you walk up the steep hill, somehow you have to walk up a steep hill to get back where you came from. It defies all the laws of the universe, but that is how Seattle is. Uphill. Lucky for me, I latched on to my pregnant friend and offered to take cabs with her some of the time. You know, just to keep her company. Good to hear you're having fun, Painty.

Kiwi, DD will be too busy to get in trouble. Besides, if you tell her stories of your indiscretions, it's like a green light to whatever she wants to do. Eek. You must tell her you were a saint as a teenager and never did anything to give your mother a moments worry. May DH's absence make your heart grow fonder. Or give him an attitude adjustment. Men are just so like that sometimes.

There's a business here, where you go and prepare food for a month. Everything is prepped for you, and you just assemble it in foil pans. Then you take it home and use it out of the freezer for the month. That way, you don't have to do any shopping for ingredients, no waste and they have the recipes posted for you. I'm thinking I may just try it out. It beats fast food on work nights.

Tonight is cut and color night. Last night was fingernail night. I'm such a high maintenance girl. Hee.

DS has applied for an apartment and has been accepted. He's moving in 2 weeks. At least I'll see him every day at work.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:19 PM   #8  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i just want to thank you dolls for getting in the hallow's eve spirit and changing your avatars----------you are sooooooooooo sweet--------------hey try this on Kiwi=====dd LOVES university,and LOOOOOOOOOVES residence and has not ONCE mentioned being homesick or missing me or NOTHING!!! every time i speak to her she is in seventh heaven---------- NOW HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES!!!!!!! CRAP!!!!
Old 09-08-2004, 10:22 PM   #9  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

HEY WABBS!!! I WOULD HAVE TAKEN CABS WITH YOU!!!---- I LIKE TO WALK,BUT PAVEMENT WALKING IS REALLY HARD ON THE OLD STUMPS!!!-----as soon as i git some money and we can get organized,i think we should all visit YOU----you live somewhere really HIP and COOL-----Peachey has hurricanes,WE have FOGGGGGGGG------it's cold in the east, Kiwonk has mosquitos,lush has had nothing but rain all pool season,it's too hot in Texas,Germany has language issues--------------WE ARE COMING TO YOUR TOWN!!!!
Old 09-08-2004, 10:31 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

And you know you are very happy for her, Bagzie. Repeat after me: I am so delighted that my daughters are leading happy, independent lives.

Easy for me to say, huh?

Yup. Hey, good news about DS' apartment, Wabby.

Do you like my avatar? Ol' Molly lives on in my avatar... Our bats don't look like that one, though. They are more like big black moths. At least when they're flying. When they are downed, they look more like a small mouse with black leaves on it.

Kiwi
Old 09-09-2004, 05:04 AM   #11  
fatter than U

Talking OK, the hamster is toast!

That's better. Love that Halloween stuff.

Making a few changes around here. Today I bought a bedside lamp and a kitchen utensil holder thingie to replace the ones I've been using for the past 14 years. Geez, no wonder I'm depressed. AND dh is making new combination night table/book shelves for our room so we can throw out the dusty, musty, crusty ones we have now. I'm so tired of living in this dump, I tell ya. Everything must go.

Kiwi! My dh has been quite the poophead lately too. Maybe we should trade and see if things get better. Oh, I guess there'd be that language issue to deal with, wouldn't there? You'll have a blast in NY. Not that I'd know what it's like since I've been there a total of zero times, but the pictures look good.

My kids are driving me NUTZ. One is having anxiety attacks about the 7 minute walk to and from school, and the other one is wailing about having tooooo much homework and no time for himseeeeeeeeelf. Whine, whine, whine. And they've only been in school for three weeks.

My newest self-help book: The Purpose of Your Life: Finding Your Place in the World Using Synchronicity, Intuition, and Uncommon Sense.
Interesting so far even if it does say "As Seen on Oprah" on the cover. I'm thinking of having large quantities of "Just Say No to Oprah" stickers made up. Discuss.

Must go do something productive.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:06 PM   #12  

Kiweeee! I love your Molly avatar.

Bagzie, you should be proud to have raised such a well adjusted, independant young woman. Yeah, right. My DD is busy living her life, too. I only see her about once every 2 weeks, even though she lives 20 minutes away.

Sugar, I'm feeling the need to do some major clean out at my house too.I'm still just thinking about painting my bedroom. It all just sounds like so much work. Sigh.

Where are the Halloween smilies?
Old 09-09-2004, 02:50 PM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

Good question, I love a nice toothless (or one-toothed) grin. Smilies Smilies Smilies Smilies.

I think I'm losing it. It's been raining here for 2 days. The only good thing about that is that it serves as my excuse for not getting at the giant weeds in the yard.

Go Sugar -- new stuff is a great idea. I want a new kitchen table (do they sell the magic kind that doesn't accumulate junk?). Everything I have is old. And a lot of it was handed down in the first place. It's so difficult to get rid of other people's treasures that they have presented to you -- which is why we have 2 kitchen sets that I hate (one is in the attic) and other such crap.

Gee, Sugar, I'm wondering if not knowing what your spouse is saying might be a good thing!

Hey, I wonder if it's okay to get political in your sig here? I think I'll try it.

Gotta go do some laundry so DH will be all ready to skedaddle out of here tomorrow morning.

Kiwi
Old 09-09-2004, 03:34 PM   #14  
fatter than U

Thumbs up Just Say NO to Bush AND Oprah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk
Everything I have is old. And a lot of it was handed down in the first place. It's so difficult to get rid of other people's treasures that they have presented to you -- which is why we have 2 kitchen sets that I hate (one is in the attic) and other such crap.
Kiwi
I hear you on that one. Got grannie's coffee service for 12 taking up space in the dining room. And we don't even drink coffee. *sigh* Used to have umpteen tablecloths, embroidered dishtowels (MILs initials) and sweaters that dh wore whe he was 3, but I quietly turfed those when no one was looking. I don't really mind old stuff, though, as long as it's MY old stuff.

I was planning on exercising tonight, but my existantial crisis mode made it necessary for me to eat chocolate chips out of the bag instead. Bad me. Tomorrow I will spend the day throwing out crap and then I'll report back here to thrill you all with the details.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:39 PM   #15  

What I hate about old stuff is the indecision I'm racked with any time I think about getting rid of it. I've gotten rid of old stuff in the past and then I'm sorry I did. Sugar, you could probably make a fortune selling stuff on e-bay. Granny's coffee service sounds like something that would bring big bucks.

This weekend is a family reunion on my dad's side. I'm not going. I don't need the grief. I'm going to bunco instead. They love me at bunco.
Closed Thread